Selling a smartphone sounds easy until you actually reach a point when it must be done. It's only then when we truly realize how much needs to be done.
If this is the first time that you're doing this, then the whole process can definitely feel overwhelming. That's why we decided to do create a small guide. Not only for beginners, but also for intermediates who wanna learn a thing or two.
With all that being said, let's get right into it!
Selling a phone requires you to list as much information as you can about it. What specs does it have? How large is its screen? What resolution? How much storage? How about its overall condition?
Sure, the buyer can easily find most of that information with a Google search. But, so can you. And if that puts you one step ahead compared to other people who are trying to sell the same phone at the same price, then why not take it?
This is a somewhat good example where the seller mentions not only the specs but also the overall condition of the device. If you're trying to sell smartphone on eBay or another similar website, then mentioning that kind of information will make it more likely for you to sell your device.
If you don't remember or know your phone's specifications, then you should be able to easily find them online with a quick Google search. Also, don't forget to mention if your phone is unlocked or not.
As for describing the overall condition of the device, well, that's mostly your decision to make.
Smartphones have become a huge part of our lives. Each and every device holds a ton of personal information in it.
Photos, videos, documents, contacts, and so much more. We obviously can't trust a stranger with all that information.
So, once you know the specifications of your phone, you must start preparing it so that it can be delivered in a brand-new like condition. That process involves:
There are tons of ways to backup important data. Be it contacts, pictures, or whatever.
Two of the most popular ones is either keeping everything on your computer's drive (Locally) or uploading it to something like Google Drive (Cloud). The choice is yours to make, really.
Just do keep in mind that cloud backups can get extremely slow; depending on your internet connection. However, they are also more reliable than local backups. So, weigh your options.
To make a local backup:
This is what you should see on the computer. After that, all you need to do is copy whatever you want by using the PC and keep it in a safe place. The best option is probably a separate folder for backups.
As for using Google Drive:
This is how our drive looks. But, you can manage your stuff in any way you see fit.
Do keep in mind that the free plan of Google Drive only delivers 15 gigabytes of storage. If you want more, then the only option is looking into paid subscriptions or going back to local backups.
Now that all the data is safe and ready to be moved to your new phone, it's time to erase everything from the device that's about to be sold. This will allow you to sell smartphone in a brand-new like condition.
There are primarily two ways of doing that:
Though, do keep in mind that you must log out from your Google account first. If you don't, the phone will be locked and the buyer will be forced to ask for your Google password.
If that happens, you'll be forced to reset your password after that and nobody wants that. So, to remove your Google account, go to:
Now that this is out of the way, we can proceed with the factory reset. To do it through the phone's settings, go to:
That being said, if you want the buyer to feel as if he is powering up the phone for the first time ever, then your best bet is using the recovery mode:
This is for TWRP recovery. But, it's more or less the same thing for stock recoveries as well.
Now you're almost ready to sell smartphone.
Sure. We're all expecting to find some signs of use on a used phone. But, if you keep it as clean as possible, then that increases your odds of being able to sell it. After all, you'll likely have to post some pictures anyway.
There's not much to teach you here. Using something like a simple microfiber cloth should be more than enough to get rid of fingerprints and stuff like that.
You can drop a tiny bit of water on it to clean while using the dry part to remove wet marks.
If you want to sell smartphone, sure, you could just drop it into a cardboard box, ship it, and be done with it.
But, the reality of the situation is that if you do that, then chances are that the device is going to get damaged on the way and your buyer isn't going to be happy with that.
In cases like that, they'll either ask for a refund, they'll leave negative feedback, or both. No matter how you look at it, skimping on safety isn't worth it.
So, make sure to add a bit of antistatic bubble wrap around the phone to protect it. Not sure if it needs to be antistatic, but, hey, better safe than sorry, right?
It'll be for the best if you can also find its original box and accessories.
Now that you're ready to sell smartphone, it's time to select a good platform. And there are plenty of them to choose from.
Some of the most popular ones include:
If you're living in the US, then do definitely consider Swappa as they are focused on that field of work.
Otherwise, eBay is probably your next best option since it's extremely popular. Other than that, do definitely consider checking out some local platforms that are focused specifically in your region. That makes it easier for a potential buyer to spot your offer.
Now that everything is said and done, all you have to do is post your offer, wait for someone to see it, then head over to your local office post or courier and send it over to the buyer. Simple as that.
That's all for now. Hopefully, that helped you out. If there are any questions or something that we can help with, then let us know about it in the comments.
Feel like we forgot to mention something important? Got anything wrong? Then let us and everyone else know about it in the comments section down below!
Like what you see? Then don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news, reviews, listicles, apps, games, devices, how-to guides, and more!
Read the original post:
- What to do in Toronto this week: February 24-March 1 - NOW Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- Behold, the Fine Art of the Lesbian Thirst Trap - NewNowNext - February 24th, 2020
- How beauty is being used to fight back against facial recognition and CCTV - Dazed - February 24th, 2020
- How To Get Millions To Watch Your Short Film On Third-Party Youtube Channels - Cartoon Brew - February 12th, 2020
- SA historian to help plan SU's 150th anniversary celebration - The Daily Orange - February 12th, 2020
- Riverdale Season 4 Episode 13 Review - Chapter 70: The Ides of March - Den of Geek US - February 12th, 2020
- Google Maps gets a makeover for its 15th birthday - SlashGear - February 12th, 2020
- JackSepticEye reveals how controversy has affected PewDiePie - Dexerto - February 12th, 2020
- 8 Ways to Drive More Calls & Better Call Quality with Paid Search - Search Engine Journal - January 31st, 2020
- What is Slack and how does it work? Plus plenty of Slack tips and tricks - Pocket-lint - January 31st, 2020
- 5 ways to be a bit safer this Data Privacy Day - Naked Security - January 31st, 2020
- Byte Proves That Vine Is Inherently Superior to TikTok - VICE - January 31st, 2020
- Catching up with SpecmenceCBJ, YouTubes foremost Columbus Blue Jackets archivist - The Cannon - January 31st, 2020
- Niladri Dutta: Enhancing Deep Learning Innovation With Knowledge-Based Decisioning - Analytics Insight - January 31st, 2020
- MLBTR Poll: How Good Are The Reds? - The Union Journal - January 30th, 2020
- Four Ways To Prepare Yourself For Real Estate Investing Success In 2020 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper Just Popped A Monster Inflamed Cyst In The Ultimate Popaholic Challenge Youtube Video - Women's Health - January 5th, 2020
- Behind the scenes in the Getty photo archives with 'Unseen' - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- CES 2020 tips and tricks: Your guide to techs biggest trade show - VentureBeat - January 5th, 2020
- How William Gibson Keeps His Science Fiction Real - The New Yorker - December 18th, 2019
- PewDiePie Quits Twitter After Confirming YouTube Hiatus - We Got This Covered - December 18th, 2019
- Everipedia Gives Back to Children by Partnering with GIVE Nation - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Heavy freight: Why drop-in pitches can't be moved interstate - Sydney Morning Herald - December 18th, 2019
- Amazfit GTR is the Best First Smartwatch for Watch lovers - International Business Times - December 18th, 2019
- Jigs and fixtures by Xometry - 3DPMN - December 18th, 2019
- Do We Have Minds of Our Own? - The New Yorker - December 11th, 2019
- What Are The Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos? - Coin Clarity - December 11th, 2019
- The 'artificial' eye of the artist - The Drum - November 27th, 2019
- Heres What to See, Watch, and Stream This Thanksgiving - Vulture - November 27th, 2019
- Guide To Beautiful Gifts From Craftsmen, Artists, And US Entrepreneurs - The Federalist - November 27th, 2019
- Friends reunion special with cast 'in the works at HBO Max' - Metro.co.uk - November 13th, 2019
- What can I do if I hate my job? Here are 5 things - Ladders - November 13th, 2019
- "Hide the Pain Harold" describes what it is like to become a famous meme - Boing Boing - November 13th, 2019
- Is the International Marketplace Network the best way to expand? - Tamebay - November 13th, 2019
- Look Ahead: Curio Aggregates News Stories Before Converting the Articles Into Audio Files - Editor And Publisher Magazine - November 13th, 2019
- With a recalibrated vision WEA commits to further God's Kingdom - Evangelical Focus - November 13th, 2019
- YouTube enters the live-streaming fight (again) - The Verge - November 13th, 2019
- How to crop your photos for Facebook - The Android Soul - November 13th, 2019
- Will C-3PO die in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? - Headlinez Pro - October 23rd, 2019
- The teens don't want to love TikTok - The Outline - October 23rd, 2019
- Sister Wives: Maddie Brush Loves Taking Pics Of Her Kids Is Her New Camera Any Good? - TV Shows Ace - October 23rd, 2019
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares shady post after 'splitting' from girlfriend Chelcee Grimes - Heat World - October 23rd, 2019
- The Power of TuneCore: Kevin Cornell Interview - DJBooth - October 23rd, 2019
- Technology exposed Syrian war crimes over and over. Was it for nothing? - MIT Technology Review - October 23rd, 2019
- Lost albums of the 2010s what became of the albums we were promised but that never arrived? - NME Live - October 23rd, 2019
- Greta Kline of Frankie Cosmos on slowing down (to a certain point) - Metro US - September 18th, 2019
- With a $70 Kit, This Startup Promises to Turn Anyone Into an Artist - Inc. - September 18th, 2019
- Scarlett Moffatt shares troll post and calls for people to be kinder - digitalspy.com - September 18th, 2019
- IGTV: What, Why and How You Should be Using it as a Marketing Tool - Business 2 Community - September 18th, 2019
- Steam's wonderful Library Update beta is finally live: Here's how to get it - PCWorld - September 18th, 2019
- Augmented Reality: Eight AR Marketing Applications For Brands In 2019 - Forbes - September 18th, 2019
- Love Islands Arabella Chi says I love you to new boyfriend Wes Nelson after just two months of dating - The Sun - September 18th, 2019
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- Mind Uploading - April 25th, 2019
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- The virtual afterlife will transform humanity | Aeon Essays - March 20th, 2019
- Your mind will not be uploaded Soft Machines - March 20th, 2019
- Brain Uploading - TV Tropes - June 14th, 2018
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - May 22nd, 2018
- Michael Graziano on The Evolution of Consciousness and ... - April 26th, 2018
- Neuroscientists devise scheme for mind-uploading centuries ... - March 16th, 2018
- New Brain Preservation Technique Could Be a Path to Mind ... - March 16th, 2018
- How to create your own wedding Snapchat filter - Omaha World-Herald - August 25th, 2017
- A song that speaks to you - The Hindu - August 22nd, 2017
- These 7 Forces Are Changing the World at an Extraordinary Rate - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Josh Peck Is Hotter Than a Peruvian Puff Pepper in His Latest Underwear Snap - Life & Style Weekly - August 22nd, 2017
- Blog: Eclipse.Today's The Day! - WAVY-TV (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- YouTube star Lisa's top tips to have you feeling all made up - Belfast Telegraph - August 21st, 2017
- Sam Claflin Slips Into Shailene Woodley's Bathing Suit In Fiji & We Have A Lot Of Questions - Hollywood Life - August 19th, 2017
- Film Review: Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars - Pats Pulpit - August 18th, 2017
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to ... Interactive Biodegradable Funerary Urns? - WUWM - August 18th, 2017
- Get fit: Fitness gurus you can work out with for free on YouTube - Daily Commercial - August 15th, 2017
- Watch The Heart-Stopping Moment A Biker Cartwheeled In Front Of A Car - Car Throttle - August 15th, 2017
- Why 802.11ax is the next big thing in Wi-Fi - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- Hands on: Nest Cam Indoor and Outdoor home security cameras - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 13th, 2017
- How Maryland's political parties ramped up their ground games for 2018 - Washington Post - August 13th, 2017
- Carbon Black may be leaking terabytes of customer data (UPDATED) - Healthcare IT News - August 11th, 2017
- Mouni Roy's Version Of Baadshaho Song Rashke Qamar Will Blow Your Mind Away - India.com - August 11th, 2017
- Exclusive: In An RTI Response, Censor Board Says It Cannot Do ... - Huffington Post India - August 11th, 2017
- Internet service providers in Nigeria: which one is the fastest? - NAIJ.COM - August 10th, 2017