Having the right orientation and aspect ratio for your images is so much important. Especially if you are particular about how your uploaded images unfold when uploaded on Facebook.This factor is vitally important for web publishers, who receive major traffic from social media campaigns, especially through Facebook. Using engaging images skillfully can definitely increase your conversion or even double it.
Irrespective of which group you belong to, the elements like Image file type, aspect ratio and resolution matter so much to your digital presence.
Keeping these factors in mind, we present you with the image guidelines by Facebook and the list of tools that can help you comply with them effortlessly.
To simply things for individual users and brand owners, Facebook has provided the profile and cover photo guidelines for pages. Although, these guidelines hold relevance for profile and cover photos of your personal profile.
The aspect ratio for the Facebook profile picture is 1:1 and is displayed at a resolution of 170 x 170 pixels on computer devices that will alter to 128128 pixels on smartphones and 3636 pixels for the category of devices below it.
On the other hand, the cover photo is displayed at a resolution of 820 pixels wide and 312 pixels tall on computer screens that is followed by 640 pixels wide and 360 pixels tall on smartphones.
For other posts, Facebook recommends the users to upload the highest resolution quality they have for their image that should have an aspect ratio of 9:16 to 16:9. However, for images with link, the desired aspect ratio is 1.91:1 or 1:1 with 1080x1080px being the minimum resolution required.
The minimum aspect ratio for Desktop news feed is 400500 pixels that change to 476 pixels wide and 249 pixels tall for images with a link. The same minimum aspect ratio is desirable for single images on mobile devices. However, in the case of an image with a link, the minimum acceptable width is 320 pixels.
Here are the best apps that allow you to crop photos for Facebook effortlessly.
The Photo and Picture resizer is the app that allows fast picture resizing for your facebook profile picture and posts. Here is how you can do it:
Step 1: Download and install the Photo & Picture Resizer app from the Play Store.
Step 2: Launch the app and tap allow option to grant necessary permissions to the app.
Step 3: Tap on select photos option to choose an image from the Gallery app.
Step 4: After selecting the image, tap on crop icon to crop your image for uploading.
Step 5: Tap on the resolution option to set the desired resolution for your image as shown below.
Step 6: Tap on the aspect ration option to choose the desired aspect ratio for your image to upload on Facebook.
Step 7: Crop your image and tap on crop option at the bottom right corner of the screen when done.
Photo Resizer is an image resizing tool that helps you to crop and resize your images to come up with the desired pixels and aspect ratio to upload on any social media platform including Facebook. Here is how you can use this app:
Step 1: Download and install the Photo Resizer appfrom the Play Store.
Step 2: Tap Ok to grant app permission to access phone storage.
Step 3: Tap on the Gallery option to choose an image for resizing.
Step 4: Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner to choose the image format.
Note: Facebook accepts both PNG and JPG format.
Step 5: Tap on Crop option on the image as shown below.
Step 6: Tap on Aspect resize option from the newly appeared list.
Step 7: Choose your desired aspect ratio option.
Step 8: Crop the image in your desired aspect ratio and tap on () icon to save the image.
Another option you have is the Square InPic Photo Editor & Collage Maker. This app is ideal to come up with square photos for Facebook without cropping the image.
Step 1: Download and install the Square InPic app from the Play Store.
Step 2: Launch the app from your home screen or app drawer.
Step 3: Tap on the Gallery option to choose an image for editing.
Step 4: Choose a background for your image or simply tap on the blur option to have the blurred version of the same image in the background.
Step 5: Tap on save option to save your final Squared image for Facebook Profile picture.
See original here:
- Technical Glitches and Lawsuit Dampen Experiment With Remote AP Tests - Education Week - May 25th, 2020
- Amazon Video: Will There Be A Season 2 Of 'Upload'? - TV Shows Ace - May 25th, 2020
- Tips On Successfully Surviving The National Visa Center Process - caribbeannationalweekly.com - May 25th, 2020
- #SendingLove in the world's largest user-generated outdoor campaign - AdNews - May 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus impact: Swiggy starts home delivery of liquor in Jharkhand, Zomato to follow suit - Business Today - May 25th, 2020
- Nick Cordero fighting 'new lung infection' amid coronavirus battle, wife reveals - The Union Journal - May 25th, 2020
- Have The Royals Found Another Rule 5 Gem? - The Union Journal - May 25th, 2020
- HSE will be guided by NPHET advice on 2m rule - Reid - RTE.ie - May 25th, 2020
- A Guide to TikTok Best Practice in 2020 - The Future of Things - May 25th, 2020
- Britains Got Talents biggest child stars from Connie Talbot to George Sampson where are they now? - The Sun - May 25th, 2020
- Churches Grapple With Whether To Suspend Worship Services - WUWF - March 16th, 2020
- 8 Big Takeaways From Donald Glovers Surprise Collection of New Music - Complex - March 16th, 2020
- 'InfoWars' Host Alex Jones Arrested for DWI in Texas - The Union Journal - March 16th, 2020
- View: The morbid dance of coronavirus is holding up a mirror to who we really are - Economic Times - March 16th, 2020
- The workers Compensation Fund software is failing the people of South Africa - Daily Maverick - March 16th, 2020
- MCU: 10 Characters We Want To See In The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - Screen Rant - March 16th, 2020
- Guides are already up for some of Ori and the Will of the Wisps' hardest achievements - TrueAchievements - March 12th, 2020
- Trump To Address Nation On Coronavirus Pandemic - The Union Journal - March 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus vs. the Mass Surveillance State: Which Poses the Greater Threat? - CounterPunch - March 12th, 2020
- Bitcoin, Monero and Zcash Will Still Be Used in the Year 2414 According to Netflix's Altered Carbon - Bitcoin News - March 6th, 2020
- Britney Spears Posts Cryptic Message About 'Mind Games' A Day After Getting Loved Up With Sam Asghari! - The Union Journal - March 6th, 2020
- How to Use LinkedIn: Must-Have Tips for Professional Success - G2 - March 6th, 2020
- Man fills bathtub and toilet with Orbeez, pranking himself - The A.V. Club - March 6th, 2020
- Hollyoaks' Stephanie Davis hospitalised with chest infection - digitalspy.com - March 6th, 2020
- Is there a Reason to use Promotion Tools on Apple Music? - The African Exponent - March 6th, 2020
- Lauren And Cameron Of 'Love Is Blind' Talk Representation In The White World Of Dating Shows - The Union Journal - March 6th, 2020
- The 7 types of electronic music producer: which are you? - MusicRadar - March 6th, 2020
- UK Home and Away Spoilers - Alf Proposes to Martha! - Back to the Bay - March 6th, 2020
- What to do in Toronto this week: February 24-March 1 - NOW Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- Behold, the Fine Art of the Lesbian Thirst Trap - NewNowNext - February 24th, 2020
- How beauty is being used to fight back against facial recognition and CCTV - Dazed - February 24th, 2020
- How To Get Millions To Watch Your Short Film On Third-Party Youtube Channels - Cartoon Brew - February 12th, 2020
- SA historian to help plan SU's 150th anniversary celebration - The Daily Orange - February 12th, 2020
- Riverdale Season 4 Episode 13 Review - Chapter 70: The Ides of March - Den of Geek US - February 12th, 2020
- Google Maps gets a makeover for its 15th birthday - SlashGear - February 12th, 2020
- JackSepticEye reveals how controversy has affected PewDiePie - Dexerto - February 12th, 2020
- 8 Ways to Drive More Calls & Better Call Quality with Paid Search - Search Engine Journal - January 31st, 2020
- What is Slack and how does it work? Plus plenty of Slack tips and tricks - Pocket-lint - January 31st, 2020
- 5 ways to be a bit safer this Data Privacy Day - Naked Security - January 31st, 2020
- Byte Proves That Vine Is Inherently Superior to TikTok - VICE - January 31st, 2020
- Catching up with SpecmenceCBJ, YouTubes foremost Columbus Blue Jackets archivist - The Cannon - January 31st, 2020
- Niladri Dutta: Enhancing Deep Learning Innovation With Knowledge-Based Decisioning - Analytics Insight - January 31st, 2020
- MLBTR Poll: How Good Are The Reds? - The Union Journal - January 30th, 2020
- Four Ways To Prepare Yourself For Real Estate Investing Success In 2020 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper Just Popped A Monster Inflamed Cyst In The Ultimate Popaholic Challenge Youtube Video - Women's Health - January 5th, 2020
- Behind the scenes in the Getty photo archives with 'Unseen' - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- CES 2020 tips and tricks: Your guide to techs biggest trade show - VentureBeat - January 5th, 2020
- How William Gibson Keeps His Science Fiction Real - The New Yorker - December 18th, 2019
- PewDiePie Quits Twitter After Confirming YouTube Hiatus - We Got This Covered - December 18th, 2019
- Everipedia Gives Back to Children by Partnering with GIVE Nation - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Heavy freight: Why drop-in pitches can't be moved interstate - Sydney Morning Herald - December 18th, 2019
- Amazfit GTR is the Best First Smartwatch for Watch lovers - International Business Times - December 18th, 2019
- Jigs and fixtures by Xometry - 3DPMN - December 18th, 2019
- Do We Have Minds of Our Own? - The New Yorker - December 11th, 2019
- What Are The Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos? - Coin Clarity - December 11th, 2019
- The 'artificial' eye of the artist - The Drum - November 27th, 2019
- Heres What to See, Watch, and Stream This Thanksgiving - Vulture - November 27th, 2019
- Guide To Beautiful Gifts From Craftsmen, Artists, And US Entrepreneurs - The Federalist - November 27th, 2019
- Friends reunion special with cast 'in the works at HBO Max' - Metro.co.uk - November 13th, 2019
- What can I do if I hate my job? Here are 5 things - Ladders - November 13th, 2019
- "Hide the Pain Harold" describes what it is like to become a famous meme - Boing Boing - November 13th, 2019
- Is the International Marketplace Network the best way to expand? - Tamebay - November 13th, 2019
- Look Ahead: Curio Aggregates News Stories Before Converting the Articles Into Audio Files - Editor And Publisher Magazine - November 13th, 2019
- With a recalibrated vision WEA commits to further God's Kingdom - Evangelical Focus - November 13th, 2019
- YouTube enters the live-streaming fight (again) - The Verge - November 13th, 2019
- Will C-3PO die in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? - Headlinez Pro - October 23rd, 2019
- The teens don't want to love TikTok - The Outline - October 23rd, 2019
- Sister Wives: Maddie Brush Loves Taking Pics Of Her Kids Is Her New Camera Any Good? - TV Shows Ace - October 23rd, 2019
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares shady post after 'splitting' from girlfriend Chelcee Grimes - Heat World - October 23rd, 2019
- The Power of TuneCore: Kevin Cornell Interview - DJBooth - October 23rd, 2019
- Technology exposed Syrian war crimes over and over. Was it for nothing? - MIT Technology Review - October 23rd, 2019
- Lost albums of the 2010s what became of the albums we were promised but that never arrived? - NME Live - October 23rd, 2019
- Greta Kline of Frankie Cosmos on slowing down (to a certain point) - Metro US - September 18th, 2019
- With a $70 Kit, This Startup Promises to Turn Anyone Into an Artist - Inc. - September 18th, 2019
- Scarlett Moffatt shares troll post and calls for people to be kinder - digitalspy.com - September 18th, 2019
- IGTV: What, Why and How You Should be Using it as a Marketing Tool - Business 2 Community - September 18th, 2019
- Steam's wonderful Library Update beta is finally live: Here's how to get it - PCWorld - September 18th, 2019
- Augmented Reality: Eight AR Marketing Applications For Brands In 2019 - Forbes - September 18th, 2019
- Love Islands Arabella Chi says I love you to new boyfriend Wes Nelson after just two months of dating - The Sun - September 18th, 2019
- Looking To Sell Smartphone? Here's What You Need to Know - Updato - September 18th, 2019