By Kaitlyn McLintock / Tribune News Service
Instead of neglecting our workout (and the mood-boosting benefits that come from it), we schedule ourselves a little one-on-one workout time with YouTube. The workouts are time-flexible, accessible and expert-led. In other words, its basically a treasure trove of fitness.
A quick search unearths everything from yoga to Pilates to HIIT training routines; whatever type of sweat session you prefer, YouTube likely has it. Thats why we decided to put together a list of our favorite online fitness channels just to help you narrow your search a little bit.
YOGA WITH ADRIENE
Adriene Mishler is the light-hearted yogi behind this YouTube channel. Her yoga videos range from targeted practices for anxiety, depression, sleep and pain (like this one for neck and shoulder relief) to power flows for strengthening and lengthening. Her goofy yet calming presence is enough to make you change into comfortable clothes, drink a cup of tea and relax into a yoga routine.
CASSEY HO OF BLOGILATES
Cassey Ho has been a mainstay on the YouTube fitness scene since she started uploading Pilates videos in 2009. Her website, Blogilates, provides fitness and nutrition advice, along with body-positive inspiration and sporty merchandise.
She specializes in workouts that build and tone muscle using nothing else but your own body weight. The workouts are hard but fun. Her bubbly and outgoing personality almost makes you forget your arms are screaming in the middle of a 15-minute workout (almost). Stay dedicated to her videos, try your best, and youll see real change.
Although she does have videos fit for beginners, chances are that youll love Tara Stiless yoga videos if youre an intermediate or advanced yoga devotee. Her no-frills approach is quieting, calming and strengthening for both the body and mind. (If youre not super into yoga, check her videos out anyway, because they might majorly inspire you; shes the most graceful human being weve ever seen).
Jeanette Jenkins is a celebrity personal trainer (responsible for training A-listers such as Kelly Rowland) who posts a variety of different workouts designed to increase strength. Many of her videos are extremely short think no longer than 30 seconds just so she can show a few reps of effective moves. Then, depending on how much time you have, you can make it an extended workout, or just do a few circuits. Take this Zumba video, for instance. Its solely concentrated on planks and high knees for an intense cardio sweat.
THE TONE IT UP GIRLS
Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott started their Tone It Up empire to share workout, nutrition, and even lifestyle advice. Many of their workouts take place in front of a beautiful backdrop of the Pacific ocean, so you can kind of feel like youre working out while on a SoCal vacation (better than working out at home, right?).
Theyre also regular Byrdie contributors. Check out all of their stories. (Personally, we love this piece on the 5 exercises you should do if you sit all day).
XHIT Daily is a YouTube channel that regularly posts workout videos ranging from Crossfit to Pilates. The three hosts are incredibly knowledgeable, reminding their viewers how to correct their form and get the most from their workouts throughout.
THE RUN EXPERIENCE
Weve covered yoga, Pilates, and strength training workouts, but this one is for any runners out there. The Run Experience has almost 70,000 YouTube subscribers, to which it shares motivating running tips, tricks, and advice. They have videos on everything from hydration and nutrition to race-day prep. Regardless if youre a runner or not, they share super-effective targeted workouts that are great for doing on the go.
Simmons posts regularly on YouTube, so youll never be without a new workout to try. The best part? You dont need a ton of equipment. Many of her videos use your body weight, and maybe a dumbbell or two to target specific muscle groups. Plus, she produces videos on healthy meal prep, to keep you going throughout a busy week.
See the rest here:
- Editorial: Getting historical on YouTube - News - The Review - The-review - July 12th, 2020
- ISI admission test 2020 postponed again - Times of India - July 12th, 2020
- H.266 is coming and your video files will be half the size they are with H.265/HEVC - DIYphotography - July 12th, 2020
- This Brand Is Turning Art Exhibition Posters into Graphic Tees - Gear Patrol - July 12th, 2020
- August Alsina shares cryptic message after Jada Pinkett Smith confirms romance during split from husband Will - The Sun - July 12th, 2020
- The rise of Thirst Trap culture among Gen Z Indian women - ETtech.com - July 12th, 2020
- With No End in Sight to the Coronavirus, Some Teachers Are Retiring Rather Than Going Back to School - TIME - July 12th, 2020
- Moyra Davey and Kate Zambreno on Writing As If You Were Dead - frieze.com - July 12th, 2020
- What Makes A YouTube Video Hit The Trending Tab? This Data Scientist Broke Down Every Single Video That Trended In 2019. - Tubefilter - July 12th, 2020
- People In Melb's Locked Towers Are Sharing Their Situation On TikTok - Pedestrian TV - July 10th, 2020
- Employer Use of Contact Tracing Apps: The Good, the Bad, and the Regulatory - JD Supra - July 10th, 2020
- Exclusive: Lachy Wiggle and James Harkness Dish On The Wiggles World - Moms - July 10th, 2020
- Photos of runaway couple a distraction: High Court - The Tribune India - June 21st, 2020
- Effectiveness of RCMP body cameras will depend on clear goals, policies, say experts - Nunatsiaq News - June 21st, 2020
- From paying tribute to speaking her mind, here is what Kangana Ranaut was upto this week - Republic World - Republic World - June 21st, 2020
- Talks alone will resolve LAC stand-off: MEA - The Tribune India - June 9th, 2020
- Visions for the Next School Year - Education Week - June 9th, 2020
- I hated remote teaching during the Covid-19 lockdown. It should never replace the classroom - The Guardian - June 9th, 2020
- What's it all about? Online learning terms explained - The Irish Times - June 9th, 2020
- Learning in times of crisis - Daily Pioneer - June 9th, 2020
- What Is PEXA And Why Are The Students Of Manipal Institution Of Technology Protesting Against It? - ED Times - June 9th, 2020
- Every single life is a precious one - Gulf Today - June 9th, 2020
- The best NAS drive in 2020: store ALL your images, and access them from anywhere - Digital Camera World - June 9th, 2020
- Technical Glitches and Lawsuit Dampen Experiment With Remote AP Tests - Education Week - May 25th, 2020
- Amazon Video: Will There Be A Season 2 Of 'Upload'? - TV Shows Ace - May 25th, 2020
- Tips On Successfully Surviving The National Visa Center Process - caribbeannationalweekly.com - May 25th, 2020
- #SendingLove in the world's largest user-generated outdoor campaign - AdNews - May 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus impact: Swiggy starts home delivery of liquor in Jharkhand, Zomato to follow suit - Business Today - May 25th, 2020
- Nick Cordero fighting 'new lung infection' amid coronavirus battle, wife reveals - The Union Journal - May 25th, 2020
- Have The Royals Found Another Rule 5 Gem? - The Union Journal - May 25th, 2020
- HSE will be guided by NPHET advice on 2m rule - Reid - RTE.ie - May 25th, 2020
- A Guide to TikTok Best Practice in 2020 - The Future of Things - May 25th, 2020
- Britains Got Talents biggest child stars from Connie Talbot to George Sampson where are they now? - The Sun - May 25th, 2020
- Churches Grapple With Whether To Suspend Worship Services - WUWF - March 16th, 2020
- 8 Big Takeaways From Donald Glovers Surprise Collection of New Music - Complex - March 16th, 2020
- 'InfoWars' Host Alex Jones Arrested for DWI in Texas - The Union Journal - March 16th, 2020
- View: The morbid dance of coronavirus is holding up a mirror to who we really are - Economic Times - March 16th, 2020
- The workers Compensation Fund software is failing the people of South Africa - Daily Maverick - March 16th, 2020
- MCU: 10 Characters We Want To See In The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - Screen Rant - March 16th, 2020
- Guides are already up for some of Ori and the Will of the Wisps' hardest achievements - TrueAchievements - March 12th, 2020
- Trump To Address Nation On Coronavirus Pandemic - The Union Journal - March 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus vs. the Mass Surveillance State: Which Poses the Greater Threat? - CounterPunch - March 12th, 2020
- Bitcoin, Monero and Zcash Will Still Be Used in the Year 2414 According to Netflix's Altered Carbon - Bitcoin News - March 6th, 2020
- Britney Spears Posts Cryptic Message About 'Mind Games' A Day After Getting Loved Up With Sam Asghari! - The Union Journal - March 6th, 2020
- How to Use LinkedIn: Must-Have Tips for Professional Success - G2 - March 6th, 2020
- Man fills bathtub and toilet with Orbeez, pranking himself - The A.V. Club - March 6th, 2020
- Hollyoaks' Stephanie Davis hospitalised with chest infection - digitalspy.com - March 6th, 2020
- Is there a Reason to use Promotion Tools on Apple Music? - The African Exponent - March 6th, 2020
- Lauren And Cameron Of 'Love Is Blind' Talk Representation In The White World Of Dating Shows - The Union Journal - March 6th, 2020
- The 7 types of electronic music producer: which are you? - MusicRadar - March 6th, 2020
- UK Home and Away Spoilers - Alf Proposes to Martha! - Back to the Bay - March 6th, 2020
- What to do in Toronto this week: February 24-March 1 - NOW Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- Behold, the Fine Art of the Lesbian Thirst Trap - NewNowNext - February 24th, 2020
- How beauty is being used to fight back against facial recognition and CCTV - Dazed - February 24th, 2020
- How To Get Millions To Watch Your Short Film On Third-Party Youtube Channels - Cartoon Brew - February 12th, 2020
- SA historian to help plan SU's 150th anniversary celebration - The Daily Orange - February 12th, 2020
- Riverdale Season 4 Episode 13 Review - Chapter 70: The Ides of March - Den of Geek US - February 12th, 2020
- Google Maps gets a makeover for its 15th birthday - SlashGear - February 12th, 2020
- JackSepticEye reveals how controversy has affected PewDiePie - Dexerto - February 12th, 2020
- 8 Ways to Drive More Calls & Better Call Quality with Paid Search - Search Engine Journal - January 31st, 2020
- What is Slack and how does it work? Plus plenty of Slack tips and tricks - Pocket-lint - January 31st, 2020
- 5 ways to be a bit safer this Data Privacy Day - Naked Security - January 31st, 2020
- Byte Proves That Vine Is Inherently Superior to TikTok - VICE - January 31st, 2020
- Catching up with SpecmenceCBJ, YouTubes foremost Columbus Blue Jackets archivist - The Cannon - January 31st, 2020
- Niladri Dutta: Enhancing Deep Learning Innovation With Knowledge-Based Decisioning - Analytics Insight - January 31st, 2020
- MLBTR Poll: How Good Are The Reds? - The Union Journal - January 30th, 2020
- Four Ways To Prepare Yourself For Real Estate Investing Success In 2020 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper Just Popped A Monster Inflamed Cyst In The Ultimate Popaholic Challenge Youtube Video - Women's Health - January 5th, 2020
- Behind the scenes in the Getty photo archives with 'Unseen' - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- CES 2020 tips and tricks: Your guide to techs biggest trade show - VentureBeat - January 5th, 2020
- How William Gibson Keeps His Science Fiction Real - The New Yorker - December 18th, 2019
- PewDiePie Quits Twitter After Confirming YouTube Hiatus - We Got This Covered - December 18th, 2019
- Everipedia Gives Back to Children by Partnering with GIVE Nation - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Heavy freight: Why drop-in pitches can't be moved interstate - Sydney Morning Herald - December 18th, 2019
- Amazfit GTR is the Best First Smartwatch for Watch lovers - International Business Times - December 18th, 2019
- Jigs and fixtures by Xometry - 3DPMN - December 18th, 2019
- Do We Have Minds of Our Own? - The New Yorker - December 11th, 2019
- What Are The Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos? - Coin Clarity - December 11th, 2019
- The 'artificial' eye of the artist - The Drum - November 27th, 2019
- Heres What to See, Watch, and Stream This Thanksgiving - Vulture - November 27th, 2019