Apple has indicated it plans to launch Apple Pay in a number of new territories before the start of 2018, a feat that would see it catch up to and overtake current digital wallet frontrunner Samsung.
Speaking at the companys earnings call yesterday, Apple CFO Luca Maestri says that the reach, usage, and functionality of Apple Pay continued to grow.
He claims that Apple Pay is by far the number one NFC payment service on mobile devices, with nearly 90 percent of all transactions globally. Momentum is strongest in international markets, where the infrastructure for mobile payments has developed faster than in the US.
In fact, three out of four Apple Pay transactions happen outside of the US. With the launch of iOS 11 in the fall, our users in the US will be able to make and receive person-to-person payments quickly, easily, and securely.
Maestri also confirmed that the company plans to have Apple Pay live in the UAE, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden before the end of this calendar year.
If Apple can follow through on this promise, itll see them retake the top spot from Samsung Pay when it comes to the amount of regions supporting the service.
As of now, Apple Pay is available in 16 countries (depending on whether or not you count micronations like Vatican City and the Isle of Mann).
In comparison, Samsung Pay operates in 19 countries and Googles Android Pay boasts only 14 regions.
Read more from the original source:
- Seth MacFarlanes Micronations & Adaptation Of Wondery Podcast Imagined Life Lead UCP Unscripted Development Slate - Deadline - September 4th, 2020
- UCP Teams With Fuzzy Door, Jim Henson Firm, Wondery on Unscripted Slate - TheNewsTrace - September 4th, 2020
- Micronation - MicroWiki - August 10th, 2020
- micronation | Law, Recognition, History, & Definition ... - August 10th, 2020
- What Is A Micronation? - WorldAtlas - August 10th, 2020
- Australia has one of the largest number of micronations in the world - ABC News - August 10th, 2020
- Hutt River micronation to rejoin Australia due to coronavirus pandemic - The Guardian - August 10th, 2020
- Micronation rejoins Australia after 50 years of independence - Daily Express - August 10th, 2020
- Hutt River micronation to rejoin Australia due to debt caused by Covid-19 - The Indian Express - August 10th, 2020
- MicroNations Fandom | Fandom - August 10th, 2020
- Micronation - Encyclopedia Westarctica - August 8th, 2020
- The Most Ridiculous Countries to Have Ever Existed - Gentside UK - July 31st, 2020
- MicroWiki - July 25th, 2020
- European Championships Group C Now its getting trs Interessant as they say get voting! - OnEurope - July 17th, 2020
- Micronation - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies, The New Reality: Digital Summit 2020 - Benzinga - July 12th, 2020
- Micronations in the United States Prepare for Coronavirus, Send Messages of Goodwill to the American People - Newsweek - April 11th, 2020
- The Joy of Collecting Stamps From Countries That Don't Really Exist - Atlas Obscura - February 12th, 2020
- Lilliputians in Gulliver's World - The odd world of the mini-state - Geographical - October 24th, 2019
- Asteroid warning: When impact hits, nothing but cockroaches will survive, claims expert - Express.co.uk - September 18th, 2019
- Micronation | East Asian Micronations Wiki | FANDOM ... - March 10th, 2019
- Possible Locations for the New The Pirate Bay HQ ... - January 30th, 2019
- Inside the world's strangest micronations - telegraph.co.uk - September 29th, 2018
- Stattement by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs | Talossa - September 29th, 2018
- Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations ... - September 24th, 2018
- Talossa - Wikipedia - May 6th, 2018
- Micronation | MicroWiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - March 19th, 2018
- Micronation | Fifth World Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 18th, 2018
- List Of MicroNations No Trouble - Don't Mess - August 25th, 2017
- We met 27 people who claim to be the rulers of their own countries ... - VICE News - August 4th, 2017
- Australia's hidden micronations: It's not the size of the country but how you rule it - 9news.com.au - July 2nd, 2017
- Liberbeer Beer with a Taste of Freedom - Total Croatia News - June 30th, 2017
- Micronations / Axis Powers Hetalia - TV Tropes - June 26th, 2017
- DAVID MURDOCK: On fascinating things - Gadsden Times - June 6th, 2017
- When Did We Become A Country? The (Not So) Great Chaplin/Cruz Debate - Above the Law - June 6th, 2017
- Inside the plan to replace Trump's border wall with a high-tech ... - The Verge - April 8th, 2017
- Top 10 Most Densely-Populated Countries in Europe - JetPunk - March 8th, 2017
- An LGBTQ Micronation Declared War On Australia In 2004 And A Senator Is Still Mad About It - Huffington Post Australia - February 28th, 2017
- Anthelia - MicroWiki - micronations.wiki - February 23rd, 2017
- Life's tough for a monarch even if you only have 20 subjects - iNews - February 20th, 2017
- Goodbye government: Six guys who started their own micronations - The South African - February 16th, 2017
- Don't like your government? Just start a micronation like these 6 dudes - Mashable - February 11th, 2017
- Hetalia: The World Twinkle | Anime-Planet - December 17th, 2016
- MicroWiki - micronations.wiki - December 16th, 2016
- Micronation Wikipdia - December 8th, 2016
- Liste de micronations Wikipdia - December 8th, 2016