Tribune News Service
New Delhi, May 23
Dr Jitendra Nath Pande, an acclaimed medical specialist and former head of the Department of Medicine at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, died at his residence on Saturday.
Dr Jitendra Nath Pande was 79.
He was serving as a consultant at a Delhi-based private hospital after retiring from the AIIMS. His wife is also currently hospitalised with the infection.
Dr Jitendra Nath Pande had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.
Dr Pande and his wife tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday with mild symptoms and had decided to remain in home isolation, said AIIMS director Dr Randeep Guleria.
But his wife was shifted to the AIIMS on Saturday.
We were following up on him regularly and he said he was improving. Yesterday, after having his dinner, he went off to sleep and then passed away in his sleep possibly because of an acute cardiac event, Dr Guleria said.
Dr Pande had co-morbid conditions.
Knowledge and humility can co-exist and Dr Pande was an epitome of that. He was an excellent human being and it is a great loss to the medical fraternity. AIIMS family will miss him the most because he joined AIIMS as an MBBS student and retired as the head of the Department of Medicine, Dr Guleria said.
I have closely worked with him and knew him since my childhood as he was the student of my father, he added.
After his retirement in 2003, Dr Pande joined the Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research and worked there as a senior consultant in the Respiratory Medicine Department.
He was a legendary physician who had taught many practising doctors at AIIMS and continued to mentor physicians even after joining this hospital. What was remarkable was that most difficult cases would come to him, said the institutes director, Abhishek Bhartia.
I even spoke to him yesterday. He was under home care and seemed to be recovering.
Sangita Reddy, joint managing director, Apollo Hospitals Group, and president of industry chamber FICCI, said in a tweet: Deeply saddened to hear that today. @covid19 claimed its most illustrious victim Dr JN Pande Director & Prof of Pulmonology @aiims_newdelhi. A stalwart of the medical world his work in pulmonology will continue to ensure better health for many. My Condolences to his family. With agency inputs
Read more from the original source:
- Blackfeet Nation calls for permanent protection of Badger-Two Medicine - The Cherokee One Feather - Cherokee One Feather - June 26th, 2020
- The power of the Native American medicine wheel - Argus Leader - June 26th, 2020
- The Human Genome Project transformed biology and medicine - The Economist - June 26th, 2020
- Old is gold? Study finds 2,000-year-old medicine aiding in faster recovery among COVID-19 patients - Moneycontrol - June 26th, 2020
- Giving Tomatoes Their Shots: The Future of Plant Medicine May Come From Drones - DroneLife - June 26th, 2020
- Podcast: Racism as a public health issue - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - June 26th, 2020
- Holland recalls his 'greatest years' in the Hat - Medicine Hat News - June 26th, 2020
- Five things we learned from Penn Medicine innovation guru Roy Rosin - The Philadelphia Citizen - June 26th, 2020
- Covid-19 treatment: Medicines being used for treating coronavirus patients in India - Livemint - June 26th, 2020
- MHC likely going part online, part in person - Medicine Hat News - June 26th, 2020
- Legal Marijuana Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2028 | Medicine Man, Canopy Growth, Aphria - Cole of Duty - June 26th, 2020
- UBC faculty of medicine researchers receive nearly $14M in federal funding for COVID-19 research - UBC Faculty of Medicine - June 26th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Medicine Automated Dispensing Cabinets Market to Witness BD, Omnicell, Takazono, TOSHO, Willach Group - Cole of Duty - June 26th, 2020
- Global Covid-19 impact on Herbal Medicine Market : What are the key opportunities? - 3rd Watch News - June 26th, 2020
- Animal Internal Medicine Market Detailed Analysis Of Current Industry Figures With Forecasts Growth By 2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 could affect the availability and cost of antiretroviral medicines, but the risks can be mitigated - UNAIDS - June 26th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market Analysis Growth Demand, Key Players, Share Size, and Forecast To 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 26th, 2020
- Cubs won't take the ice this season - Medicine Hat News - June 26th, 2020
- Michigan Medicine nearly cuts layoffs in half; 738 employees to be cut by end of June - MLive.com - June 22nd, 2020
- FIM, The Foundation for Innovation in Medicine, Proposes That a National Research Coalition Be Expeditiously Established to Address COVID-19 and... - June 22nd, 2020
- The Native American medicine wheel | Health | willistonherald.com - Williston Daily Herald - June 22nd, 2020
- Triggering bacteria in the service of medicine - Princeton University - June 22nd, 2020
- SEngine Precision Medicine Presents Innovative Data on the CLIA Certified PARIS Test for Oncology Drug Sensitivity and the Future of Functional... - June 22nd, 2020
- WVU Medicine to Open Fulfillment Location at Morgantown Mall as Part of Washington Prime Group's Fulventory Initiative - Business Wire - June 22nd, 2020
- Northwestern Medicine finds 3 versions of COVID-19 in Chicago - WGN TV Chicago - June 22nd, 2020
- The Media's Bad Medicine - The - The Transylvania Times - June 22nd, 2020
- Bravo's 'Married to Medicine LA': Dr. Imani's Mother Is a Former Network Executive Who Knew Prince - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 22nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Medicine Pricing, Transparency Bills Are a Matter of Life and Death - Common Dreams - June 22nd, 2020
- Marvels in Medicine: Vokes's Venture to Bring Combined Modality Care to Patients With Cancer - OncLive - June 22nd, 2020
- Online game looks to stoke interest in regenerative medicine - The Union Leader - June 22nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence In Precision Medicine Market To Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Covid 19 Analysis On Regenerative Medicine Market: Comprehensive Study Explores Huge Growth of 2024 with Top Key Players Depuy Synthes, Inc.,... - June 22nd, 2020
- Does a 'Married to Medicine' Cast Member Have a Net Worth of $500 Million? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 22nd, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact On Bioelectric Medicine Market Report-Impact Of The Virus On Leading Companies In The World. GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic Plc., Boston... - June 22nd, 2020
- New Research Finds that Sustained Acoustic Medicine (sam) Treatment Significantly Reduced Pain of the Neck and Shoulder - PRNewswire - June 16th, 2020
- FB Live: Race, Violence, and Medicine - MedPage Today - June 16th, 2020
- This Won't Hurt A Bit: A New Prescription Medicine Is ... A Video Game - WBUR - June 16th, 2020
- Major study finds steroid reduces deaths in patients with severe Covid-19 - STAT - June 16th, 2020
- U of A Recognized by Exercise is Medicine for Efforts to Create Culture of Wellness on Campus - University of Arkansas Newswire - June 16th, 2020
- Dr. Coleman on the Utility of Biomarkers for Precision Medicine in Ovarian Cancer - OncLive - June 16th, 2020
- Pangolin, animal linked to coronavirus, removed from China's list of traditional medicines - USA TODAY - June 16th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Virtual Reality in Medicine and Healthcare Market to Witness Google, Orca Health, Brain Power, Medsights Tech, AccuVein... - June 16th, 2020
- Previously undetected brain pulses may help circuits survive disuse, injury - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - June 16th, 2020
- Heritage in the Hat: The heart of North Railway - Medicine Hat News - June 16th, 2020
- The manufactured science of Medicine - Economic Times - June 16th, 2020
- Global Chiropractic Medicine Market to Record Exponential Compound Annual Growth Rate in the Coming Years - Cole of Duty - June 16th, 2020
- Anti-Aging Medicine Market to Benefit from Rapid Technological Advancements During the Forecast Period 2018 2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 16th, 2020
- Electroceuticals/Bioelectric Medicine Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2026 with Top Key Players Medtronic, Boston Scientific Corporation, St. Jude... - June 16th, 2020
- Medicine Hat Mural Fest running all summer this year - CHAT News Today - June 16th, 2020
- Art and medicine: Looking at the role of portraiture in health care - American Medical Association - June 9th, 2020
- Personalization, Prediction and Prevention Drive the Second Transformation of Medicine - BioSpace - June 9th, 2020
- Sustained Acoustic Medicine Device sam Offers an Alternative Solution to Pain Medication and Surgery - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2020
- BIO 2020: Cell and Gene Therapies Will Dominate Medicine in 30 Years - BioSpace - June 9th, 2020
- Gauge Your Age: Epigenetics and the Future of Medicine - WhatIsEpigenetics.com - June 9th, 2020
- Laughter is the best medicine - Bangkok Post - June 9th, 2020
- Time to stock your medicine cabinet for the pandemic - CNN - June 9th, 2020
- Bravo Fans Will Definitely Recognize This Familiar Face Coming to Married to Medicine Los Angeles - Bravo - June 9th, 2020
- MHPS, RCMP blended with new initiative - Medicine Hat News - June 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment Market Review and Survey Report 2020 to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 9th, 2020
- Parks and Rec: A different take on Parks and Recreation Month - Medicine Hat News - June 9th, 2020
- 'Our China boycott medicine is hitting the right spot': Sonam Wangchuk reacts to Amul ad, Google Play Store report - Livemint - June 9th, 2020
- Revolution Medicines Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase 1b Combination Study of RMC-4630 and AMG 510 - GlobeNewswire - June 9th, 2020
- From obesity to allergies, outdoor play is the best medicine for children - The Sector - May 31st, 2020
- University of Rochester Medicine to cut ribbon on Olean oncology infusion site June 19 - Olean Times Herald - May 31st, 2020
- Plant drug factories: GMOs and gene editing are poised to transform medicine. Heres how. - Potato News Today - May 31st, 2020
- TTU School of Veterinary Medicine receives $1.4 Million CPRIT recruitment grant - KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com - May 31st, 2020
- Office of Faculty Affairs announces faculty promotion and tenure - The South End - May 31st, 2020
- A strange, difficult time to study medicine | Features | albanyherald.com - The Albany Herald - May 31st, 2020
- Medicine, music and philanthropy honoured - The Bay's News First - SunLive - May 31st, 2020
- Letter to the Editor: Medical cannabis is not really medicine - Press Herald - May 31st, 2020
- Aesthetic Medicine MARKET LATEST TRENDS, DEMANDS, OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS BY 2027 - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- 2026 Projections: COVID-19 Medicine Market Report by Type, Application and Regional Outlook - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- Preventive Medicine Market Growth Prospects and Outlook 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- From Hollywood to the hospital, a Halifax man's creative path to medicine - CBC.ca - May 31st, 2020
- How Coronavirus is Impacting Market Size of Nuclear Medicine & Radiopharmaceuticals , Forecast Report 2019-2027 - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- Hip Osteoarthritis Pain Medicine Market Research Size foreseen to grow exponentially over 2019 2025 - 3rd Watch News - May 31st, 2020
- 'Married to Medicine': Britten dodges questions on intimacy issues with Mack, does she fear being judged? - MEAWW - May 31st, 2020
- There are few certainties in coronavirus medicine research is our best weapon - The Guardian - May 23rd, 2020
- The China Precision Medicine Industry Analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 12.82% during the forecast period,... - May 23rd, 2020
- My Turn: It's time to take our medicine - Concord Monitor - May 23rd, 2020