If the election of Donald Trump has proven anything, its that anything is possible. Could a Milwaukee candidate, part of a fringe party thats main interest is prolonging human life expectancy, be our next President of the United States? Absolutely not, but the U.S. Transhumanist Party, a mix of ideas that include libertarianism and sci-fi sounding future tech, hopes their campaign will draw attention to their platform.
The U.S. Transhumanism Party was founded in 2014 by Zoltan Istvan, who ran as the partys first candidate in the 2016 election. Zoltans vision was a party that would advocate for significant life extension achieved through the process of science and technology so people could live for hundreds and thousands of years, eventually making a breakthrough where we would be able to live to the age of forrrrrevvvvvvver years old. Imagine limbs being replaced with robotic parts, cloned organs being swapped out like an oil change, and an external hard drive for your brain.
Milwaukees Kristan T. Harris is one of the nine candidates competing to be the partys nominee for presidential candidate. Harris says that besides eternal life, Transhumanists are also interested in genome biohacking, cryptocurrency, weather modification, and creating designer babies.
All of these issues will bring up questions of ethics, which Harris hopes will lead to a healthy debate amongst Transhumanists in discussions about who will have access to eternal life, and how far we will go with artificial intelligence.
What the U.S. Transhumanist Party does is bring awareness of a very autonomous and robotic future thats on its way, Harris says. Its trying to develop ideas about what were going to do about those scenarios before we get there.
Harris works for a tech company by day and bartends at The Salty Dog, a tavern in Cudahy (and his sort of unofficial headquarters), where hes known by regulars for his passion in creating the perfect Bloody Mary with infused vodkas. In his spare time, Harris has developed an online following as the passionate co-host of talk radio show The Rundown Live, and his own program American Intelligence Report. Hes covered everything from ancient aliens to secret societies and government corruption. Milwaukee Record reported how hed found alleged occult symbolism in Veterans Park. All this has led Harris to be labelled as a conspiracy theorist, a term he shrugs off.
I always thought the term conspiracy theorist was a thought-terminating clich. It prevents people from recognizing their own cognitive dissonance or recognizing logical fallacies and its been shown in history that the term has been used mostly to cover up things they dont want people to look into, Harris argues. If someone calls you a conspiracy theorist, then nothing you say should be considered relevant.
Before Harris hits the road to the White House to challenge Trump and whoever the Dems push through, he will have to outlive his eight USTP opponents, including San Franciscan cyberpunk Rachel Haywire, St. Louiss Jon Schattke (owner of Schattke Advanced Nuclear Engineering), and an extraterrestrial-human hybrid from Los Angeles named Vrillon. Not quite as crowded and eclectic as the Democratic lineup, but close.
Harris says hes gotten along well with his fellow Transhumanists for the most part, but in the past week he has developed a rivalry with Arizonas Johannon Ben Zion, who has an institute that focuses largely on left-libertarian and techno-optimist market solutions to contemporary problems. Harris says he got along with Candidate Zion until he decided to call me a technophobe cause I wanted to question ethics of Transhumanism and he says Ill ruin the party. The two candidates clashed on the ethics of designer babies and Harriss talk of naturally extending life. Thats the key word, I said naturally, then he said I was a technophobe, that I wasnt a Transhumanist. Harris challenged Zion to a one-on-one debate, which Zion declined.
Harris held his own in an online virtual debate on September 14 between five of the partys candidates, and is spending the rest of the week campaigning in preparation for September 21, when the USTP Electronic Presidential Primary opens online. Card-carrying (or e-mail-confirmed in this caseit takes about 10 seconds to join the party by filling out a simple form on their website) members who sign up by the 21st will have a week to vote for their representative for president.
If Harris doesnt seal his partys nomination, hell be able to try again in 2024. And if the Transhumanist agenda moves forward, hell also have a chance to run again in 3024, 4024whatever millennium seems like the right fit.
You can find Kristan T. Harriss Official U.S. Transhumanist Party candidate bio page HERE.
- Navy Beginning Tech Study to Extend Trident Nuclear Missile Into the 2080s - USNI News - November 16th, 2019
- Future analysis and scope of Soy Isoflavones Market by 2019 to 2025 | leading Companies- NOW Foods, InVite Health, ADM, DHC, GNC and Life Extension -... - November 16th, 2019
- Soup-To-Nuts Podcast: What might the 2020 dietary guidelines for the first 1,000 days include? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - November 16th, 2019
- Jobs, cancer-fighting isotopes and nuclear innovation highlight Bruce Power update - Shoreline Beacon - November 16th, 2019
- Some thoughts on Scott Frosts extension: Why now, and what it means - Saturday Tradition - November 16th, 2019
- Eagles, Brandon Brooks agree to 4-year, $56.2 million contract extension, making him highest-paid guard in NFL - The Philadelphia Inquirer - November 16th, 2019
- Feleshia Thompson promoted to Family and Community Health County Extension Agent - The Light and Champion - November 16th, 2019
- Natur International Corp. and China-based Share International Sign Definitive Agreement for a Share Exchange - GlobeNewswire - November 16th, 2019
- Apeel Sciences expands trial of longer-lasting avocados with Kroger - FoodNavigator-USA.com - September 22nd, 2019
- Can fasting or pseudo-diabetes have a positive effect on aging and health? - On Biology - BMC Blogs Network - September 22nd, 2019
- PPP rubbishes AFC's call to extend govt's life ahead of elections - Demerara Waves Online News Guyana - September 22nd, 2019
- The Navy's 6th Generation Jet Will Make F-35s and F-22s Simply Old - The National Interest Online - September 22nd, 2019
- Repowering onshore wind: how 'real' is the opportunity? - News for the Oil and Gas Sector - Energy Voice - September 22nd, 2019
- DealBook Briefing: The Debate Over Profits vs. Public Interest Continues - The New York Times - September 22nd, 2019
- ACA Tasmania Branch Event - Service Life Extension of Marine Structures - Australasian Corrosion Association - September 22nd, 2019
- Global Wellness Supplements Market Trends 2025 | Top Vendors are Life Extension, OPTAVIA, Beachbody, LLC, Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc - Herald... - September 22nd, 2019
- The extremely bad vibes of Adam Neumann - The Outline - September 22nd, 2019
- Saudi Oil Outage Impact Not As Bad As Predicted | OilPrice.com - OilPrice.com - September 22nd, 2019
- Cryonics Technology Market to See Huge Growth by 2025: Praxair, Cellulis, Cryologics - Wheel Chronicle - September 22nd, 2019
- Solon seeks extension of congressional oversight committee of CAAP for 5 more years - Manila Bulletin - September 22nd, 2019
- Gardeners can move beyond common onion | Slice Of Life - Cumberland Times-News - September 22nd, 2019
- Glut of new rolling stock brings challenges and opportunities for rail sector - Professional Engineering - September 22nd, 2019
- AFC, WPA divided on asking PPP for parliamentary extension - Demerara Waves Online News Guyana - September 22nd, 2019
- ASC19 Conference Envisioned What The Future U.S. Air Force Bomber Fleet Will Look Like - The Aviationist - September 22nd, 2019
- Global Lutein & Zeaxanthin Market 2019 Trends and Competitive Landscape Outlook -2023 - Analytics News - September 22nd, 2019
- Lifespan: A Groundbreaking Book About Aging - Wall Street Pit - September 22nd, 2019
- Dual-Ovenable Trays & Containers Market Leading Manufacturers Expected to Motivate Growth during 2018-2026 - Rapid News Network - September 22nd, 2019
- Former Clinton Aide Blumenthal Tackles Lincoln's Life in 5 Volumes - WTTW News - September 22nd, 2019
- OSU Extension: 2020's best garden starts now - Chillicothe Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- British schoolgirl killed in Jamaica after family moved for safer life - Metro.co.uk - September 22nd, 2019
- Satoshi Nakamoto is Dead, Thinks BitMEX's Arthur Hayes - Cryptonews - September 22nd, 2019
- FIT LIFE: 3 ways to release tension in your hamstrings - KY3 - September 22nd, 2019
- If you see a spotted lanternfly, kill it - PennLive.com - September 22nd, 2019
- Surgical Rejuvenation Market Report, History and Forecast 2019-2027, Breakdown Data by Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types and Application - The Market... - September 22nd, 2019
- Bank of Nova Scotia Acquires 8,668 Shares of Sealed Air Corp (NYSE:SEE) - TechNewsObserver - September 22nd, 2019
- F&B players get insights on how to innovate - The Business Times - September 22nd, 2019
- Sealed Air Corp (NYSE:SEE) Shares Sold by US Bancorp DE - TechNewsObserver - September 22nd, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - April 24th, 2019
- Life Extension - 2,428 Photos - Vitamins/Supplements - April 16th, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - April 16th, 2019
- The Life Extension Blog - April 16th, 2019
- Life Extension Foundation - Wikipedia - April 16th, 2019
- Home - Life Extension - April 16th, 2019
- Life Extension, PureAbsorb, Zetpil ... - DR Vitamin Solutions - April 16th, 2019
- Directory of Innovative Anti-Aging Doctors, Health And ... - April 16th, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - March 18th, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - January 31st, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - January 31st, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - January 17th, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - January 12th, 2019
- Life extension - Wikipedia - December 30th, 2018
- Eugenics in the United States - Wikipedia - November 27th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - November 9th, 2018
- Life Extension - iHerb.com - November 9th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - November 6th, 2018
- Life Extension - 2,386 Photos - Vitamins/Supplements - November 6th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - November 4th, 2018
- Life Extension - iHerb.com - October 18th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - September 30th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - September 25th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - September 4th, 2018
- Life Extension (@LifeExtension) | Twitter - July 30th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - July 8th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - July 6th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - June 27th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - June 24th, 2018
- Life Extension Foundation - Wikipedia - June 24th, 2018
- Nineteen Eighty-Four - Wikipedia - June 14th, 2018
- War on drugs - Wikipedia - June 11th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - June 9th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - May 31st, 2018
- LifeExtension Europe | Highest Quality Supplements ... - May 3rd, 2018
- Life Extension - iHerb.com - April 2nd, 2018
- Life Extension Foundation - Wikipedia - March 28th, 2018
- Maximum Life Foundation | Reverse Aging by 2033 Biotech ... - March 28th, 2018
- Life extension - Wikipedia - March 15th, 2018
- Life Extension - iHerb.com - February 23rd, 2018
- Home - Life Extension - February 23rd, 2018
- Life Extensions Australia - The Highest Quality Vitamins ... - February 10th, 2018
- Life Extension - 2,228 Photos - Vitamins/Supplements - February 6th, 2018