Judges of Galveston, Brazoria and Montgomery counties said although Harris County is requiring face coverings in public, they will not issue such a mandate.
HOUSTON While Harris County is set to implement a 30-day order requiring face coverings in public starting Monday, other county judges are making it clear they will not mandate residents cover their faces.
The Harris County order requires residents ages 10 and older to cover their nose and mouth when in public. It is set to begin Monday, April 27 and will last for 30 days. Residents who dont follow the order could face a $1,000 fine.
Galveston County Judge Mark Henry tweeted while covering ones face in public is recommended by national and local authorities, he will not mandate face coverings, as he believes it is unconstitutional to do so.
Just as critical as getting our economy back up and running, it is important that elected officials uphold their oaths to defend the Constitution and ensure individual freedoms remain intact during and after this pandemic, he said in a statement.
Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough also said he will not mandate face coverings in public.
I do not find a statutory or legal basis that would allow me or anyone else in government to issue an order requiring citizens to wear a mask In public, especially under the fear of making it a criminal offense if they dont, he said in a video statement.
I will not be issuing an order mandating the wearing of mask In public places. This is my statement on the issue.
Judge Keough encouraged residents to respect each other whether they choose to wear a mask and continue practicing social distancing.
Brazoria County Judge Matt Sebesta also said he will not mandate residents to wear masks in public unless the county health authority strongly recommends it. However, Judge Sebesta highly encourages everyone to wear a mask when out in public.
Fort Bend County Judge KP George said he is not issuing a mandate but still "strong recommends" residents wear masks in public.
Officials in Chambers, Waller and Liberty counties also said they have no such required face covering orders in place.
The symptoms of coronavirus can be similar to the flu or a bad cold. Symptoms include a fever, cough and shortness of breath, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Some patients also have nausea, body aches, headaches and stomach issues. Losing your sense of taste and/or smell can also be an early warning sign.
Most healthy people will have mild symptoms. A study of more than 72,000 patients by the Centers for Disease Control in China showed 80 percent of the cases there were mild.
But infections can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death, according to the World Health Organization. Older people with underlying health conditions are most at risk for becoming seriously ill. However, U.S. experts are seeing a significant number of younger people being hospitalized, including some in ICU.
The CDC believes symptoms may appear anywhere from two to 14 days after being exposed.
Human coronaviruses are usually spread through...
Help stop the spread of coronavirus
Lower your risk
Get complete coverage of the coronavirus by texting 'FACTS' to 713-526-1111.
- liberty | Definition & Examples | Britannica - December 4th, 2020
- Liberty Global to Present at the UBS Global TMT Virtual Conference - Business Wire - December 4th, 2020
- UMass football out of its league in blowout loss to Liberty - The Boston Globe - December 4th, 2020
- Northeast High Principal to take over Liberty High, month after its principal was removed - The Advocate - December 4th, 2020
- Liberty Hall hosts Festival of Trees this week, but online viewing options also available - Lawrence Journal-World - December 4th, 2020
- 30 of Walter Williams's Best Quotes on Liberty, Rights, Property, and Coercion | Gary M. Galles - Foundation for Economic Education - December 4th, 2020
- Q&A with A Sixers Odyssey Author and Former Liberty Baller Dave Rueter - Liberty Ballers - December 4th, 2020
- Crisis response team called to Liberty Twp. standoff - WKBN.com - December 4th, 2020
- What's the future of Ace Hotel in East Liberty? Could be new owners - NEXTpittsburgh - November 3rd, 2020
- Liberty All-Star Growth Fund, Inc. Declares Regular Quarterly Distribution and Amount Required for Excise Tax Purposes - PRNewswire - November 3rd, 2020
- Body found in Trinity River bottom near Liberty - Bluebonnet News - November 3rd, 2020
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of lacit - The Spectator US - November 3rd, 2020
- A Possible Road to the Top 25 This Weekend for Liberty - A Sea of Red - November 3rd, 2020
- Whats happening with Tauntons Liberty and Union Festival? Its moved to your screens - Taunton Daily Gazette - October 19th, 2020
- Teen sentenced to 24 months for involvement in Liberty Twp. park shootout - Hamilton Journal News - October 19th, 2020
- Trump's rallies define his view of liberty: The right not to care about other people - Yahoo News - October 19th, 2020
- Reader: Our liberty is threatened - Midland Daily News - October 19th, 2020
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Victimhood - Jewish Journal - October 19th, 2020
- No debate: Iowa City Liberty is the cream of the MVC volleyball crop - The Gazette - October 19th, 2020
- Liberty surges in others receiving votes of Top 25 polls - A Sea of Red - October 19th, 2020
- City Journal: Liberty, in Sickness and in Health - Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) - October 19th, 2020
- Liberty High principal on leave after threat to make football players stand for national anthem - The Advocate - October 19th, 2020
- Fans Are Going Wild Over Meghan McCains First Picture with Daughter Liberty Sage - Prevention.com - October 19th, 2020
- Why is Liberty missing the excitement? - Coastal Courier - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty man reunited with two men who helped save his life after heart attack - WKBN.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Defensive lineman ready to make big impression at Liberty - The Cross Timbers Gazette - September 2nd, 2020
- Opinion: 12th annual Freedom Conference was victory for liberty - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 2nd, 2020
- HEQ: Liberty President on Growing the Reverse Mortgage Business by Expanding Distribution - Reverse Mortgage Daily - September 2nd, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reader says our liberty has been taken away - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - September 2nd, 2020
- Bonner leads Sun to important 70-65 win over Liberty - theday.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Gazette area volleyball Super 10: Xavier, Liberty climb to Nos. 2 and 3 - The Gazette - September 2nd, 2020
- One man dead, another arrested following shooting in Liberty Township - WKBN.com - September 2nd, 2020
- I want the people of God to enjoy liberty: Pastor at Maine super-spreader wedding gives defiant indoor sermon - The Boston Globe - September 2nd, 2020
- At Liberty, 30 students and staff have tested positive for coronavirus - Lynchburg News and Advance - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty Springfield aims to be citys 1st recreational marijuana shop - MassLive.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty Broadband to merge with GCI Liberty - RCR Wireless News - August 10th, 2020
- Falwell on leave from Liberty presidency - Inside Higher Ed - August 10th, 2020
- North Liberty police move into new $5.7 million home - The Gazette - August 10th, 2020
- New York Liberty beat the Washington Mystics 74-66 - Aug 9, 2020 - Sports Are From Venus - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty has 3 open dates on the 2020 schedule, here are a few rescheduling options - A Sea of Red - August 10th, 2020
- Local View: Wearing a mask is an expression of liberty - The Columbian - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty football notes: Quarterbacks Willis, Ferguson splitting reps at first team, and more - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 10th, 2020
- Judge Stephen Williams On Forced Public Confessions - Cato Institute - August 10th, 2020
- 16-year-old killed in off-road rollover crash near Liberty Park - AL.com - August 10th, 2020
- Utahns speak out against masks at 'Rally for Liberty' in Orem and during county commissioner's town hall - Daily Herald - August 10th, 2020
- Gettysburg? The Liberty Bell? Trump Weighs R.N.C. Speech Options - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Petition Calls on U. of Lynchburg to Cut Ties with Liberty U. and Falwell, Sr. - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 10th, 2020
- On the move: Square Caf leaving Regent Square for East Liberty - TribLIVE - August 10th, 2020
- GOP lawmaker calls on Falwell Jr. to resign over photo - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- GCI Liberty, Inc. (GLIBA) Gains 40.35% in one Year: Whats Next? - The News Heater - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty University Poured Millions Into Sports. Now Its Black Athletes Are Leaving. - Slate - August 8th, 2020
- What Sabrina Ionescu's injury means for her rookie season and the New York Liberty - ESPN - August 8th, 2020
- PHOTOS: The Diamond Horseshoe Converts Into Overflow Seating for Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom - wdwnt.com - August 8th, 2020
- Carleton, Brown have career nights, Lynx beat Liberty 92-66 - KARE11.com - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty secures two more wide receiver commitments - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Gill, Edwards returning to Liberty University as executive vice presidents of diversity - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Bank Amphitheater cancelling events for rest of year - Alton Telegraph - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Latin America Reports Q2 and H1 2020 Results - Business Wire - August 7th, 2020
- Still searching for their first W in 2020, Liberty take on the Lynx - NetsDaily - August 7th, 2020
- Recent conference decisions impacting Liberty's 2020 football schedule - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Sabrina Ionescu exits with ankle injury as Liberty await word on severity - ESPN - August 7th, 2020
- The Buzz: Is it open or closed? Five answers - Post-Crescent - August 5th, 2020
- Serving the underserved: East Liberty Family Health Care Center - WTAE Pittsburgh - August 5th, 2020
- Liberty Global and Virgin Media Bring Gigabit Speeds to Glasgow, Leeds and Bradford - Business Wire - August 5th, 2020
- Montana Viewpoint: Defending government property at the expense of liberty - Missoula Current - August 5th, 2020
- LEGOs Statue of Liberty hits $100 + deals on Technic, Avengers, more from $12 - 9to5Toys - August 5th, 2020
- The Collabs: Timberland Teams Up with Liberty London for Floral Collection + More - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 5th, 2020
- Marshall County Legislative Delegation makes donation to the Liberty Learning Foundation - Sand Mountain Reporter - August 5th, 2020
- Pastor accused of sexually abusing minor while assigned to Liberty parish - KCTV Kansas City - August 5th, 2020
- Short-lived jail break in Liberty ends with arrests of three inmates - Bluebonnet News - August 5th, 2020
- Black Athletes Are Abandoning Liberty University Because of the School's Racism - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty Utility nixes Granite Bridge pipeline, gets increased capacity from another pipeline - The Union Leader - August 3rd, 2020
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Wildfires threaten summer cottages at Liberty Lake - The Spokesman-Review - August 3rd, 2020
- It's all relative with the Statue of Liberty - The Spectator USA - August 3rd, 2020
- Lions Club's and Liberty United Methodist Church holds food giveaway in Macon - 13WMAZ.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty University receives preliminary guidance from Bedford County to pursue New London Airport expansion - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 3rd, 2020
- The Exact Trigger that Indicates Volatility in Liberty Broadband Corp - CMLViz.com - CML News - August 3rd, 2020
- How Sixers need to utilize Ben Simmons at the elbows - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Sixers look to bounce back tonight against the Spurs - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Have You Seen This? Dramatic lightning bolt lights up Statue of Liberty - KSL.com - August 3rd, 2020