(Permanent Musical Accompaniment To The Last Post Of The Week From The Blogs Favourite Living Canadian)
Fridays Transcripts of the Day were those of Fiona Hill and Colonel Alexander Vindland, and, yes, they pretty much prove that the president* is as guilty as sin, even as his own sins, which are considerable. But the most entertaining parts of the new transcripts, and the sections that give us some kind of indication as to where the open hearings might go, are those featuring the floundering attempts by various Republicans to derail the proceedings in one way or another. And when it comes to Republican Flounders, theres no flounder more floundering than Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Breathalyzer), Republican of Florida.
You may recall that Gaetz was one of the leaders of the pack of Republican congresscritters who bum-rushed the secure area in which the depositions were held. In the latest transcripts, the actual moment of Gaetzs triumph, which occurred during Hills time before the committee, is captured. Intelligence committee chairman Adam Schiff was having none of this, and pretty plainly wanted Gaetz to get up off of his last nerve.
Samuel CorumGetty Images
In a related development, it was announced that Rep. Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio and dedicated follower of fashion, would be replacing Rep. Randy Crawford on the Intelligence Committee in next weeks public hearings. This was particularly well-timed since another witness came forward on Thursday night and accused Jordan of shrugging off molestation complaints against Ohio State doctor Richard Strauss when Jordan was the assistant wrestling coach at the school. From NBC News:
Oh, its going to be a show, no doubt about it. And, at the end of it, the president* is still going to be guilty as sin.
Ole JensenGetty Images
Michael Bloomberg is going to launch his campaign in Alabama. He is the billionaire former mayor of New York City whose primary issue is gun control, and who's most notable for attempts to ban the Big Gulp. Meanwhile, African-American citizens in NYC dislike and distrust him because of his defense of the Stop-and-Frisk tactics that led to abuse by the NYPD. And that word has got around. Exactly who would his constituency be in Alabama? His primary voting bloc seems to remain wealthy cable news stars and their many friends. Lord, though, its hard to tell whether the ownership class is more frightened of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, or Joe Bidens cerebral cortex. He is not a serious factor in the Democratic primary. Read the damn room, people.
By the way, John Bolton is in this thing for the book deal. Nothing more.
The president* had a bit of a nutty in his driveway on Friday. The highlight was when he claimed he barely knew Ambassador Gordon Sondland, the middleman in the Ukraine scheme. I know Ive forgotten more than a few people who have given me $1 million. Its tragic, is what it is. Also, he might go to Moscow so Vladimir Putin can show him all the big boom-booms the Russians have. QUIET!!!!!!
Little Richards SHUT UP! was much more compelling. The sound of the helicopter was drowned out by the sound of a cock crowing, three times.
Chip SomodevillaGetty Images
Weekly WWOZ Pick To Click: Clarinet Marmalade (Paul Barbarin): Yeah, I still pretty much love New Orleans.
Weekly Visit To The Pathe Archives: Here are some US airmen yucking it up with some colleagues from the Soviet air force in Ukraine in 1944. Military aid, you know, without a quid or a quo. Nice soup ladies! Singing and dancing! And young Ivan, being introduced to Beemans. (Hey, Ivan. You got any Beemans?) History is so cool.
Is it a good day for dinosaur news, CBC? Its always a good day for dinosaur news!
Congratulations to British Columbia on the occasion of the discovery of its first indigenous dinosaur, which lived then to make people from Vancouver to Peace River happy now.
The Committee was very impressed by Top Commenter Rod McDonalds History of Performative Outrage TED Talk about the long legacy of people complaining about things. It awarded him 91.11 non-transferable Beckhams.
They screamed when the defense dept spent 300 bucks on furniture from Jordan Marsh in case Jackie K. needed a place to rest at Otis AFB when she was pregnant w/ Patrick they were appalled when Susan Ford greedily dishonored her fathers presidency by doing a Subaru commercial they were *outraged* at the windfall profits that Billy Carter got from his 2-pump jerkwater gas station when his brother was POTUS But this asshat loots millions intended for homeless vets and *crickets* - what can one say other than O tempora! O mores!
The archives of the shebeen are fathomless.
Im off to DC next week to watch the donkey show. (Might stop by Roger Stones trial as well.) Be well and play nice, ya bastids. Stay above the snake-line, and, remember, if any of you are caught quidding the quo, the president* doesnt know who you are.
Respond to this post on the Esquire Politics Facebook page here.
- Jordan brand introduces the Air Jordan Fearless Ones collection - Yahoo Finance - November 11th, 2019
- Twenty five years after peace treaty: Jordan resumes control of enclaves leased to Israel - Haaretz - November 11th, 2019
- More Images Of The Air Jordan 14 SE Black Ferrari - KicksOnFire.com - November 11th, 2019
- First Look At The Air Jordan 6 Washed Denim - Sneaker News - November 11th, 2019
- Jeremy Roenick Recalls a Wild Story of Golfing and Gambling With Michael Jordan - The Action Network - November 11th, 2019
- Jordan to resume control over land leased to Israel - The Irish Times - November 11th, 2019
- Jim Jordan joins Intelligence Committee to boost Trump in public impeachment hearings - POLITICO - November 11th, 2019
- Raiders sign DJ Swearinger and Dion Jordan; place Joseph on IR and waive Poling - Raiders.com - November 11th, 2019
- Coldplay Want You to Be Part of Their 'Everyday Life' YouTube Live-Stream From Jordan: Find Out How - Billboard - November 11th, 2019
- Wizards Hachimura is poised to be a breakout star for Jordan Brand - Bullets Forever - November 11th, 2019
- The Challenge's Jordan Wiseley Breaks Down His Proposal to Tori Deal: The Ring, Who Knew, and More - PEOPLE.com - November 11th, 2019
- Where the heck has Jordan Travis been all season? - 247Sports - November 11th, 2019
- If Michael Jordan believes NBA players are paid to play 82 games, he's extremely wrong - For The Win - November 11th, 2019
- First Look At The Air Jordan 14 SE With Perforated Uppers - Sneaker News - November 11th, 2019
- How to Get the Two New Island Green Air Jordans Dropping Soon - Footwear News - November 11th, 2019
- The Jordan Mars 270 Appears In Vast Grey And Bright Ceramic - Sneaker News - November 11th, 2019
- Jordan: Republicans to subpoena whistleblower to testify in public hearing | TheHill - The Hill - November 11th, 2019
- Celebrate Russell Westbrooks Birthday With The Jordan Why Not ZER0.2 Scorpio - Sneaker News - November 11th, 2019
- Jordan's 25-year peace with Israel 'cold and getting colder' - FRANCE 24 - October 24th, 2019
- Jordan Brand Is Going Big on Bold Colorways and Adaptive Tech for the New 'Fearless Ones' Collection - Esquire - October 24th, 2019
- Jordan urged to stop imprisoning women for defying the wishes of men - The Guardian - October 24th, 2019
- The Air Jordan 1 Fearless Ones Collection Has Something For Everybody - Hip-Hop Wired - October 24th, 2019
- How to Get the Shattered Backboard 3.0 Air Jordan 1 Thats Expected to Sell Out Fast - Footwear News - October 24th, 2019
- 25 years on, remembering the path to peace for Jordan and Israel - Brookings Institution - October 24th, 2019
- Official Images Of The Air Jordan 1 FlyEase - Sneaker News - October 24th, 2019
- NBA 2K gives Jordan the nod in the never-ending GOAT debate - NBCSports.com - October 24th, 2019
- The Air Jordan I 'Fearless Ones' Collection Is Here - Maxim - October 24th, 2019
- Jim Jordan: impeachment inquiry has 'finally reached a boiling point' - Roll Call - October 24th, 2019
- Jordan to disregard IMF proposals inconsistent with its national interests - Middle East Monitor - October 24th, 2019
- Where To Buy The Air Jordan 1 Shattered Backboard 3.0 - Sneaker News - October 24th, 2019
- What In God's Name Happened To Jordan Tebbutt? - Deadspin - October 24th, 2019
- Jordan Peterson Pulls Out of Politicon 2019, Citing Ongoing Health Concerns - Newsweek - October 24th, 2019
- Jordan: End arbitrary detention of women who disobey male guardians or have unsanctioned relationships - Amnesty International - October 24th, 2019
- Kyle Costa's Linguistic Journey to Jordan and Lebanon The Heights - The Heights - October 24th, 2019
- Where To Buy The Air Jordan 10 Seattle - Sneaker News - October 24th, 2019
- Watch: Former Seattle Seahawk, Oregon Duck Dion Jordan working toward return to the NFL - OregonLive - October 24th, 2019
- Rep. Jim Jordan is among those who should be held accountable for the abuse by Dr. Richard Strauss - cleveland.com - October 24th, 2019
- Seattle Sounders forward Jordan Morris on the new position, and new attitude, that have fueled his comeback - MLSsoccer.com - October 24th, 2019
- Second round of tests deems South Jordan's water supply safe to use and drink - Salt Lake Tribune - October 24th, 2019
- Patta Confirms the Release of Its Next Air Jordan Collaboration - Sole Collector - October 16th, 2019
- How Did Jordan's Opinion Of Turbo Change After Their Challenge Beef? - MTV.com - October 16th, 2019
- The Jordan Proto React Z Is Coming In Dark Grey - Sneaker News - October 16th, 2019
- Is This Timeless Air Jordan 4 Retro Colorway Returning In 2020? - Sneaker News - October 16th, 2019
- Complex Tries to Save Union x Air Jordan 1s From Getting Totally Trashed - Sole Collector - October 16th, 2019
- Jordan Brand Travis Scott Air Jordan 6 Collection Release Info and Retail List - Nike News - October 16th, 2019
- Cultural preservation to bring bedouins of region to Jordan - Jordan Times - October 16th, 2019
- Rep. Jordan reacts to Hunter Biden interview, says Americans are fed up with Democrats' impeachment inquiry - Yahoo News - October 16th, 2019
- Jordan B. Peterson film sparks threats: 'We really don't want to have to bring out the guillotine' - Washington Times - October 16th, 2019
- Inside NBA legend Michael Jordans stunning 6m mansion thats built into the mountains and includes a golf si - The Sun - October 16th, 2019
- St. Louis Blues goaltender Jordan Binnington is ready to prove you wrong - ESPN - October 16th, 2019
- Jordan Road project nearing completion, Ryland Pike to start soon - WHNT News 19 - October 16th, 2019
- The Air Jordan 1 Gets Another Satin Makeover - Sole Collector - October 1st, 2019
- Will There Ever Be Another Classic Air Jordan? - Complex - October 1st, 2019
- The Air Jordan 34 Red Orbit Is Releasing On October 10th - Sneaker News - October 1st, 2019
- The Air Jordan 1 Brings Satin To A Black And Red Colorway - Sneaker News - October 1st, 2019
- Jordan raises teachers' pay in bid to defuse nationwide strike; union unmoved - Reuters - October 1st, 2019
- Another Off-White Air Jordan Collab Is Reportedly Releasing Next Year - Sole Collector - October 1st, 2019
- Testing Nike tech: unboxing the Air Jordan XXXIV and Huarache Adapt - Yahoo Finance - October 1st, 2019
- This is what frosty peace looks like: Israel, Jordan choose to ignore treaty's 25th anniversary - Haaretz - October 1st, 2019
- Evacuations ordered near Rangely due to Jordan Fire - KKCO-TV - October 1st, 2019
- The Jordan Defy SP Adds Bold Text To Its Straps - Sneaker News - October 1st, 2019
- Flags, rags and signs: The art of Mary Anne Jordan | The University of Kansas - KU Today - October 1st, 2019
- On this day: Michael Jordan came out of retirement to play for the Wizards - NBCSports.com - October 1st, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Jordan - Wikipedia - May 20th, 2019
- Jordan | History, Population, Flag, Map, & Facts ... - May 20th, 2019
- Shop Sofas, Mattresses, Sectionals and more at Jordan's ... - May 20th, 2019