This Dystopian Hell Hole Nightmarish Hellscape That Democrats Are Putting Out
Whoopi Goldberg repeatedly fact-checked Meghan McCains analysis on The View of Sen. Bernie Sanders remarks about population control in light of climate change.
The Democratic presidential candidate agreed that family planning was a key feature in addressing climate catastrophe, and McCain backed her friend S.E. Cupps assessment of the remarks as an endorsement of eugenics.
Population growth is on the decline, McCain said. The worlds population is projected to nearly stop growing by the end of the century and in all clarity, I think people know this, but S.E. Cupp is one of my closest friends, and I agree with that. We were actually texting each other when this moment happened in the climate change debate.
Any time youre talking about population control, she added, if youre a pro-life person, it starts sounding alarms. Because, again, like in China they enacted a one-child policy, and now men outnumber women by 70 million in China and India. Its disgusting.
Related: Gross Distortion: S.E. Cupp Roasted for Insane Attack Accusing Bernie Sanders of Promoting Eugenics
Co-host Sunny Hostin pointed out that wasnt eugenics, which Goldberg had already defined earlier in the discussion, but McCain pressed on.
I believe its a slippery slope towards that, McCain said, and I do think this dystopian hell hole nightmarish hellscape that Democrats are putting out that climate change is just going to end everything to the (point) that were going to have to have population control in this country seems very extreme.
McCain and Abby Huntsman agreed that Sanders seemed to be supporting population control through abortion, while Hostin and Joy Behar argued thats not was he was saying at all and Goldberg cut in with a fact check.
Lets be clear about what he is saying, Goldberg said. Lets not make something up when its not what he said, because when you bring in eugenics, thats a different conversation. That is the controlling of a population because you dont like the size of your nose or theyre too dark.
McCain interjected to say that eugenics disproportionately impacts minorities and people with disabilities, but Goldberg said that was beside the point.
Eugenics doesnt have anything to did with minorities or anybody else, Goldberg said, over McCains protest, and I will say this to you also. Think about all the women in Ireland who for years just wanted birth control, they just wanted birth control because they live in a Catholic country that said you cannot have it.
They were having an insane amount of children, Goldberg added. What these women fought for and pressed for and marched for and got was the right to make that decision for themselves. I think thats clearly and maybe I misinterpreted it, but when he says, I think especially in poor countries around the world, where women do not necessarily want to have large numbers of babies, and where they can have the opportunity through birth control to control the number of kids they have, thats something I support. Thats different than eugenics.
McCain said she heard Sanders through the prism of a conservative, and she was alarmed.
I was shocked by what was coming out of his mouth, McCain said, and clearly everyone else at the table thought it was normal and just in the vein of climate change.
Huntsman was also alarmed, and the panelists argued over Sanders meaning, but Goldberg stepped back in again to restore order.
Listen, you can be pissed at what he said all you want to, she said, but report it correctly.
- Opinion: People with disabilities don't need eugenics to improve - UI The Daily Iowan - March 16th, 2020
- The right has perfected making people expendable but a coronavirus recession will take it further than ever - The Independent - March 16th, 2020
- Assistant professor says he's been fired because he dared to talk about human population variation - Inside Higher Ed - March 16th, 2020
- Iain Macwhirter: Herd immunity does not mean the Government is trying to kill old people - HeraldScotland - March 16th, 2020
- Wendy Vogel on art and abortion - Artforum - March 16th, 2020
- Full Sixth Circuit Takes Up Ohio Ban on Selective Abortions - Courthouse News Service - March 16th, 2020
- Will This Years Census Be the Last? - The New Yorker - March 16th, 2020
- Eugenics - HISTORY - March 14th, 2020
- Introduction to Eugenics - Genetics Generation - March 14th, 2020
- Boris Johnson cares more about the economy than he does about human lives - The Canary - March 14th, 2020
- The World Changed Its Approach to Health After the 1918 Flu. Will It After The COVID-19 Outbreak? - TIME - March 14th, 2020
- The Morality Of Eugenics - New University - March 4th, 2020
- Eugenics and Scientific Racism - Slugger O'Toole - March 4th, 2020
- The history of time capsules has a dark side linked to eugenics. But their future is brighter - ABC News - March 4th, 2020
- Prejudice against Downs Syndrome is a form of eugenics Brian Wilson - The Scotsman - March 4th, 2020
- S. Craig Zahler and the Art of the Podcast - Filmmaker Magazine - March 4th, 2020
- Dumbarton MP critical of Boris Johnson as he tells of brother who died from cerebral palsy - The Dumbarton and Vale of Leven Reporter - March 4th, 2020
- Fakebook and the Big Data manipulators - Pressenza International Press Agency - March 4th, 2020
- Resignation of UK Government Adviser Sparks Controversy Over Link Between Race and IQ - The National Interest Online - March 4th, 2020
- A new view of eugenics shows its ties to the slavery era - Daily Northwestern - February 12th, 2020
- The Dangers In Nationalizing Health Care - Forbes - February 12th, 2020
- It Was Never About Overpopulation - Psuvanguard.com - February 12th, 2020
- Universities must share their oppressive pasts - University World News - January 30th, 2020
- The Talented Mr. Epstein - The American Conservative - January 30th, 2020
- Anti-Semitism preceded Auschwitz and outlived it - The Boston Globe - January 30th, 2020
- Genetic risk scores open a host of concerns and implications - The Daily Cardinal - January 30th, 2020
- Margaret Sanger Is a Hero to the Left. Here's Her History of Ugly Views. - Daily Signal - January 30th, 2020
- Editorial: Lt. Gov. Forest -- Embrace the truth. Stop spreading divisive falsehoods - WRAL.com - January 30th, 2020
- Mengele was a monster and a product of his time - Catholic Herald Online - January 30th, 2020
- eugenics | Description, History, & Modern Eugenics ... - December 27th, 2019
- There's A New Problematic Dating Trend, One Based On DNA Matching - HuffPost India - December 27th, 2019
- Backstory 2019: What Seven Days Writers Didn't Tell You the First Time Around - Seven Days - December 27th, 2019
- Scandal of The Tinker Experiment: demands for apology over Scotland's treatment of gypsy travellers - HeraldScotland - December 27th, 2019
- A year of more Netflix progress - The Irish Catholic - December 26th, 2019
- Eugenics Is Influencing Dating Apps and Other Forms of Tech - Wear Your Voice - December 13th, 2019
- CVTC eugenics victims: 'I always wanted children and never could have them' - Lynchburg News and Advance - December 13th, 2019
- What to Read During the Holiday Break - Georgia Tech News Center - December 13th, 2019
- An Oregon Couple Can Get Their Kids Back From Foster Care. But Many Disabled Parents Don't Get That Chance. - Rewire.News - December 13th, 2019
- Even Taylor Swift Can't Escape 'When Will You Have Kids?' - The Daily Beast - December 13th, 2019
- 'Targeted for Abortion Simply Because They May Have Down Syndrome': PA Gov. Blocks Anti-Eugenics Bill - CBN News - November 27th, 2019
- Book review - "The Guarded Gate: Bigotry, Eugenics, and the Law that kept Two Generations of Jews, Italians, and Other European Immigrants out of... - November 27th, 2019
- Does Your Dog Actually Love You? - The Cut - November 27th, 2019
- Genetically Modified Babies Are Ethically OK - Reason - November 27th, 2019
- Reefer Madness And Seduction Of The Innocent Are Now The Anti-Vaping M.O. - Science 2.0 - November 27th, 2019
- Samanthas Journey Into the Alt-Right, and Back - The New Yorker - November 27th, 2019
- Renowned scientists address ethics, 'twin scientific revolutions' of AI and CRISPR - The Stanford Daily - November 27th, 2019
- Stephen Miller's white supremacy is no surprise but it raises the stakes on impeachment and 2020 - Salon - November 27th, 2019
- When DAFs Belie the Community in Community Foundation - Non Profit News - Nonprofit Quarterly - November 27th, 2019
- Indiana University Provost: The First Amendment says we can't fire our notorious bigot professor, so here's what we're doing instead - Boing Boing - November 27th, 2019
- At least we've on from eugenics...maybe - The Irish Catholic - October 23rd, 2019
- New Governor Addresses Piney Situation - By THOMAS P. FARNER - The SandPaper - October 23rd, 2019
- Universities must stop covering up racism in order to protect their own reputations - The Guardian - October 23rd, 2019
- The Climate Change Solution Scientists Have Been Overlooking - Mother Jones - October 16th, 2019
- Eugenics: The Scientific Scandal That Helped Hitler Murder 300,000 Disabled People - Newsweek - October 16th, 2019
- What's on TV tonight: The Met investigates London's drugs gangs, and celebrities head to the First Dates Hotel - iNews - October 16th, 2019
- Selling Babies, Trading Wives - By THOMAS P. FARNER - The SandPaper - October 16th, 2019
- Lilly Presents Positive Results for Taltz (ixekizumab) in Pediatric Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis at the 28th Annual European... - October 13th, 2019
- AbbVie Announces New Data from its Dermatology Portfolio and Pipeline at the 28th European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress -... - October 13th, 2019
- Scots psoriasis sufferer opens up on how skin condition can affect mental health and leave her not wanting to - The Scottish Sun - October 13th, 2019
- Lilly to Unveil New Data for the Treatments of Complex Dermatological Conditions at the 28th Annual European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology... - October 13th, 2019
- Public awareness on psoriasis increasing: health expert - pna.gov.ph - October 13th, 2019
- IL-41 Levels Elevated in Synovium of Patients With Psoriatic Arthritis - Rheumatology Advisor - October 13th, 2019
- Novartis data show Cosentyx treatment results in rapid and sustained resolution of signs and symptoms of psoriatic arthritis in patients with and wit... - October 13th, 2019
- New Guelph exhibit reveals history of eugenics education in Ontario - CBC.ca - October 1st, 2019
- Playing God, Ungodly? - Times of India - October 1st, 2019
- Alderman Library in midst of removing 1.7 million books, other items - The Daily Progress - October 1st, 2019
- TV guide: 18 of the best shows to watch this week - The Irish Times - October 1st, 2019
- Hillary Clinton proves impeaching Trump is all about protecting abortion - Lifesite - October 1st, 2019
- Toby Young apologises for accusing Hammond of antisemitism - The Guardian - October 1st, 2019
- Panelists Discuss Technology and Race at Harvard IOP Event | News - Harvard Crimson - October 1st, 2019
- Trump Attacks Obama, Hillary, Biden, and Supports Putin in Off-the-Rails Press Conference With Ukraine President - The New Civil Rights Movement - October 1st, 2019
- Questioning the Truth behind 'Climate Catastrophe' - Alameda Sun - October 1st, 2019
- My father was IBM's first black software engineer. The racism he fought persists in the high-tech world today - Los Angeles Times - September 27th, 2019
- French bishops oppose medically assisted procreation for single moms, lesbians - Crux: Covering all things Catholic - September 27th, 2019
- Not A Unique Case: 87-Year-Old Murdered Disabled Grandson With Overdose - Forbes - September 27th, 2019
- Republic of Lies: the rise of conspiratorial thinking and the actual conspiracies that fuel it - Boing Boing - September 27th, 2019
- Forget Mensa! All Hail the Low IQ - WIRED - September 27th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019