“Iron Man” Franky is the shipwright of the Straw Hat Pirates.
A cyborg from Water 7, he was originally the leader of the Franky Family, a group of ship dismantlers. He is originally from South Blue , but left 32 years ago as a four-year-old child. He was originally named “Cutty Flam” until he threw away his original name for his nickname per the request ofIceburg to hide his identity.
Franky and his followers were originally enemies of the Straw Hats at the beginning of the Water 7 Arc, until circumstances forced them to become allies at the end of the same arc and the Enies Lobby Arc. At the request of the Franky Family, Franky decided to join the Straw Hats to fulfill his dream of creating and riding a ship capable of circumnavigating the world, the Thousand Sunny.
He is the eighth member of the Straw Hat crew and the seventh to join Luffy’s crew. He currently has a bounty of 94,000,000. Previously going by the epithet, “Cyborg” Franky, he has since gained the new nickname, “Iron Man”.
As a direct result of the modifications that he conducted upon himself as well as the years spent as a ship dismantler, bounty hunter, and street thug in Water 7, Franky is a powerfully built man with a height of at least seven feet, making him the second-tallest member of the Straw Hat crew. His forearms are relatively enormous while his biceps are comparably small. His chest is well-toned with large abs and pectoral muscles.He has brightly-colored blue hair and blue star tattoos on his forearms. Franky’s eyebrows are rather long and stern, and he has three prominent lower Matsuge on each eye. His chin is very angular and tapers off in three pointed clefts. Franky has an equally angular prosthetic nose made of iron with several rivets and jagged edges, the only replacement part of his exterior body that is not covered in artificial skin.
Before being hit by the Puffing Tom, Franky’s forearms were normal-sized and his overall height was comparably smaller than his cyborg-enhanced self would be. He also had an ordinary nose and chin, both of which were later badly broken in the accident, causing him to repair them with iron.
His choice of clothing usually comprises of a swim briefs, which causes people to call him a pervert, and an open loud Hawaiian “Aloha” shirt with a large golden chain necklace around his neck. It is rare for him to button up his shirt, have long sleeves, and wear pants or footwear unless the situation calls for it, or someone makes him do so. He also does not like it when people tamper with his look, as seen when Nami’s mind was inside his body and she tried to button up his Hawaiian shirt, which made Franky upset.
Before becoming a cyborg, Franky went half-dressed simply because he wanted to. Now, his cyborg body is built in a way that covering himself up actually limits him from accessing its features (long sleeves prevent him from using weapons installed on his arms, a buttoned shirt stops him from accessing his chest panels, pants keep him from using features on his legs that cause them to separate or expand, shoes are a hindrance for the same reason and also redundant because his feet are toughened with iron). If in a battle, Franky will strip down for the sake of using his weapons or wear specially modified clothing that can transform along with him. Conversely, Franky always makes sure to cover his back (hence, he wears a shirt) because it is a weak spot- it is still flesh and blood, the only part of his body he cannot reach and modify. Unfortunately, Franky is still susceptible to cold and can suffer chills from his half-nakedness.
Duringhis first appearance in the Water 7 Arc,Franky wore a masked costume as adisguise so no one could identify him while he bought wood from the Adam tree off the black market. After discardingthis disguise, for the rest of the arc all the way up to the end of the Post-Enies Lobby Arc, he wore a red Hawaiian shirt, with lime green palm trees decorating it.
During the Thriller Bark Arc, Franky wore a yellow shirt with purple trident-like symbols on the sides anda large one on back.
Near the end of the previous arc all the way up to the Sabaody Archipelago Arc, Franky switched to wearing a purple version of his Hawaiian shirt.
During the Straw Hats separation, Franky wore a red coat to protect himself from the cold while on Baldimore,but after blowing up Vegapunk’s laboratory, the skinon hisface and frontal body was burned off, revealing his metal endoskeleton underneath, which he covered up with a tiger skin rug due to scaring people who looked at him.
He alsohas a pair of sunglasses, which he usually wears when things start to get serious.
Over the two years he was on his own, Franky used Vegapunk’s blueprints to drasticallyreconfigure his body, repairing the damage he accidentally caused to himself and replacing some old functions his body used to have with better and more powerful implements.Franky’s hair is now controllable, and can change different styles instantly by pushing his nose for more than three seconds. While he used to wear it up in a pompadour style and can still do such, he now tends to keep his hair retracted and sport a buzz cut, or otherwise experiment with different hairstyles, sometimes changing his hairstyle to a theme which fits the circumstances he finds himself in.
He also has two stitch-mark scars on his torso running down from the back of his neck indicating that he had sewn his skin back on.
He appears to have made modifications to his eyes as well. What appears to be his eyes are actually lenses that resemble human eyes over a pair of robotic eyes underneath. His left eye was seen with inverse coloration and with a glowing red pupil after his battle with Senor Pink, after being knocked around so muchit caused the lens over the eye to fall out.Once the fighting against the Donquixote Pirates had come to a close and Franky had some downtime to repair himself, he installed a replacement lens.
His shoulders, torso, and arms are also much bigger than before, and with studded hands that look almost robotic in appearance, but he also revealed that inside of his huge arms he still has a set of normal-sized robotic hands. He now appears to be wearing metal rigged suspenders. He has replaced his elbows with large, light blue hinges, his shoulders with a large red ball and socket joint with “BF-37” written on them, and his forearms with large, light blue cubes, with his trademark star tattoo being split by an edge. Surprisingly, Franky’s forearms also have hair on them even though they are clearly robotic, and his large robot hands can even wear gloves. These new features house upgrades he gave himself during the timeskip.
He now wears a red coconut tree-motived Hawaiian shirt and red swim briefs.While on Punk Hazard, he was given a large double-breasted black coat by Kin’emon for the cold. When he was able to change into winter attire, he put on a sky blue double-breasted coat with”BF 37″ written on the front and back, and paired it with a dark navy blue scarf with red polka dots.
During the Dressrosa Arc Franky wore a white dress shirt and black suit jacket, a bowler hat, as well as his typical speedos. He initially had his hair in two long pigtails. After Dressrosa Operation: SOP began, he reformed his hair to resemble a cannon, which comically was only cosmetic.
After the battle against the Doflamingo Family, he wore a white tank top with ‘Corrida’ written across it. He also reformed his hair to resemble Usopp’s hat during the Dressrosa Arc.
During theZou Arc, Franky wore a black v-neck t-shirt with four symbols on it arranged in a square pattern (An “I”, “H”, “T”, and a sun-like symbol). He reformed his hair into an undercut style similar in appearance to Smoker’s Post-Timeskip hairstyle. Later on, he re-styles it again to resemble a blue whale.
In the WanoCountry Arc,Franky wears a dark blueyukata workmancoat with kanji on the vee of the chestandsymbols around the belt. He has red cloth draped around his shoulders and his hair is reformed to resemble a hammer.
Read the original:
- Elon Musk: $47,000 Model Y SUV “Will Ride Like a Sports Car” - March 16th, 2019
- Samsung Is Working on Phone With “Invisible” Camera Behind Screen - March 16th, 2019
- Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University - March 16th, 2019
- Just 19 Percent of Americans Trust Self-Driving Cars With Kids - March 16th, 2019
- Elon Musk: 2019 Will Be “the Year of the Solar Roof” - March 16th, 2019
- This Guy Spent a Whole Week In a VR Headset - March 16th, 2019
- How Can We Build Cities to Accommodate 6.5 Billion People? - March 16th, 2019
- Here’s How Hackers Stole $15 Million From Mexican Banks - March 16th, 2019
- Slack Just Removed a Bunch of Hate Groups - March 16th, 2019
- Presidential Hopeful Beto O’Rourke Belonged to Infamous Hacker Group - March 16th, 2019
- New Robot Hand Works Like a Venus Flytrap to Grip Objects - March 16th, 2019
- States Are Approving Cannabis to Fight Opioid Addiction - March 16th, 2019
- This Tech Could Secure Medical Implants Against Hackers - March 16th, 2019
- New Rocket Engine Could Whip You From London to Sydney in 4 Hours - March 16th, 2019
- NASA: Space Travel Is Causing Astronauts’ Herpes to Flare Up - March 16th, 2019
- The Pentagon Wants an Orbital Space Weapon to Blast Enemy Missiles - March 16th, 2019
- Computer Fraud Laws are Flawed, this Lawyer is Fighting Against Them - March 16th, 2019
- NASA Engineer: Humans Should Consider Settling Saturn’s Moon Titan - March 16th, 2019
- Astronomers Just Found 83 Giant Black Holes at Universe’s Edge - March 16th, 2019
- Cyborg - Wikipedia - March 15th, 2019
- Cyborg - definition of cyborg by The Free Dictionary - March 15th, 2019
- Cyborg | Definition of Cyborg by Merriam-Webster - March 15th, 2019
- Cyborg (1989) - IMDb - March 15th, 2019
- Cyborg (comics) - Wikipedia - March 15th, 2019
- Cris "Cyborg" Cyborg Fight Results, Record, History ... - March 15th, 2019
- Psoriasis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - March 14th, 2019
- Psoriasis: Pictures, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment - March 14th, 2019
- Psoriasis Treatment, Causes, Pictures, Symptoms, Types & Diet - March 14th, 2019
- Psoriasis - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic - March 14th, 2019
- Psoriasis Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - March 14th, 2019
- Boeing Is Prepping to Launch Astronauts to Space Station - March 9th, 2019
- China: New “Artificial Sun” Will Be Completed This Year - March 9th, 2019
- NASA Announces World’s First All-Female Spacewalk - March 9th, 2019
- Stalkers Are Pretending to be Cops to Steal Your Phone’s Location - March 9th, 2019
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Spacecraft Splashes Down in the Atlantic - March 9th, 2019
- New SETI Plan: Detect Alien Starships Powered by Black Holes - March 9th, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Shares Plan to Break up Facebook, Google, Amazon - March 9th, 2019
- New Zealand Farmers Are Using Drones to Herd Sheep - March 9th, 2019
- NASA Is About to Test a Giant Solar Drone That Broadcasts 5G - March 9th, 2019
- Watch a 3D Printed Self-Driving Shuttle Smash Into a Wall - March 9th, 2019
- Mitsubishi’s New Hybrid Can Power Your Home During a Blackout - March 9th, 2019
- Robbers Tortured a Man With a Drill to Steal His Cryptocurrency - March 9th, 2019
- Psychedelic Mushrooms Can Boost Creativity and Empathy for a Week - March 9th, 2019
- What Happens Once Robots Become Film Directors? - March 9th, 2019
- Seaweed Straw “Looks, Feels, and Acts Like Plastic,” Says Startup - March 9th, 2019
- Zuckerberg Said to Have “Panic Chute” for Escape From Facebook HQ - March 9th, 2019
- Police Arrest Vandal Who Trashed Tesla Supercharger - March 9th, 2019
- Residents Are Furious About Google’s Drone Delivery Service - March 9th, 2019
- NASA’s Stunning Image: Supersonic Shockwaves Smashing Together - March 9th, 2019
- Journalists Reported a News Story Using Machine Learning - March 5th, 2019
- Self-Powered Sensor Helps Track Firefighters in Burning Buildings - March 5th, 2019
- Why Cellphone Carriers Are Dreaming of a World Without Wi-Fi - March 5th, 2019
- Controlling AI Weapons May Be Impossible, Warns Former US Secretary of State - March 5th, 2019
- Elon Musk Wants to Build a “Permanently Occupied Human Base” on the Moon - March 5th, 2019
- Watch SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Dock Autonomously With the ISS - March 5th, 2019
- Machine-Learning Models Can Help Detect Sepsis in Newborns Earlier - March 5th, 2019
- Trump’s Campaign Team: Government Should Manage 5G Networks - March 5th, 2019
- Former Content Moderators Are Suing Facebook Over PTSD and Trauma - March 5th, 2019
- Discontinued Robot Assistant Announces Its Own Death - March 5th, 2019
- Tesla Owners Are Enraged That the Company Cut Its Prices - March 5th, 2019
- Elon Musk: Tesla Will Unveil Model Y Next Week - March 5th, 2019
- China Plans to Launch a Mars Rover Next Year - March 5th, 2019
- Sperm Quality Is Falling. Chemicals in Your Home May Be to Blame. - March 5th, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz’ First All-Electric Racecar Is Equipped Like a Beast - March 5th, 2019
- China Opens Its First Mars Simulation Base - March 5th, 2019
- Destroying Incoming Asteroids Might Be Harder Than We Thought - March 5th, 2019
- Military Contractors Are Churning out New Anti-Drone Weapons - March 5th, 2019
- Thousands of Chinese Fans Paid to See a Virtual Hologram Singer - March 5th, 2019
- Ayn Rand | Biography, Books, & Facts | Britannica.com - March 3rd, 2019
- Ayn Rand - Official Site - March 3rd, 2019
- Who Is Ayn Rand? - The Objective Standard - March 3rd, 2019
- About Ayn Rand - Biography | AynRand.org - March 3rd, 2019
- Ayn Rand Institute - Official Site - March 3rd, 2019
- Inspirational Ayn Rand quotes On Life and Capitalism - March 3rd, 2019
- About - The New Jim Crow - February 21st, 2019
- A Brief History of the Drug War | Drug Policy Alliance - February 21st, 2019
- Environmental Crimes - UNICRI - February 21st, 2019
- Political crime - Wikipedia - February 21st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - February 20th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - February 20th, 2019