Science has evolved significantly over the past century, characterized by a number of innovations specifically in the medical field. One of the groundbreaking and skeptical techniques to ever be invented is that of Cryonics, the low-temperature freezing and storage of a human corpse with the speculative hope that they can be resurrected and restored back to full health in the possible future. A subject that has been regarded with skepticism within the mainstream scientific community, there has been little to no visual documentation of this process until now.
Adding to its ever-growing library of poignant and impactful documentaries, Netflix is set to premiere an incredible moving unscripted film entitled 'Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice' that touches upon Cryonics. It is the story of a Thai Buddhist family and their unorthodox decision to have their two-year-old daughter cryogenically frozen after she died from brain cancer. Here's all you need to know about the film.
'Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice' will be available on Netflix starting September 15.
The documentary chronicles the heart-wrenching journey of Thai Buddhist parents, who make an unconventional decision after the death of their baby daughter. Einz, a two-year-old toddler passed away in January 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand, after battling brain cancer. Her parents had her body cryonically frozen in the hope that she can one day be revived and will fulfill her life in a new body.
Einz became the youngest person in the world to undergo this preservation procedure. Her remains are stored in an American lab, while her head and brain rest inside a tank in Arizona. The 79-minute documentary follows the family who made this unorthodox decision and includes a montage of the family's archival footage.
Einz's father, a laser scientist, yearns to give his deceased daughter the opportunity to experience a rebirth inside a regenerated body, He instills this dream within his son, a precocious 15-year-old named Matrix who also wants to play a role in the revival of his little sister. But what the boy later discovers will rattle the family's radical hope in science.
"It's been an emotional journey to cover Einzs family on their biggest decision and dedication for their daughter. Witnessing the pivotal moments that the family went through was a privilege and a mind-expanding experience. Their story has led me to ask fundamental questions about life, faith, and love. It has touched me in so many ways. I'm so thrilled to share this experience with worldwide viewers on Netflix," said Pailin Wedel, the director and producer of 'Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice'.
"We are delighted to welcome 'Hope Frozen' to our growing slate of award-winning documentaries on Netflix. What makes this announcement extra special, is that the story comes from Thailand, and authentically crafted by Pailin and her team of talented Thai producers. We fully support Pailins vision with the creative freedom to express this unique story of unconditional love, which resonates universally," Adam Del Deo, Vice President of Original Documentary Features said in an official press statement.
The Netflix edition of 'Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice' will be available in 31 languages including dubbing in Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Latin Spanish, Polish, Spanish (Castilian), Thai and Turkish.
'Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice' is directed by journalist-filmmaker Pailin Wedel who followed the story of the family for the documentary. The film has been recognized with numerous international awards, including the Best International Feature Documentary at Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival 2019. At San Antonio Independent Film Festival 2020, Pailin won Best Documentary Feature for her documentary from more than 900 films that were presented.
'The Doctor Who Refused to Give Up'
'The Bleeding Edge'
'The Waiting Room'
Originally posted here:
- Frozen for the future: Does Minnesota have any cryonics ... - November 29th, 2021
- Cryonics Technology Market Key Trends, Drivers, Challenges and Standardization To 2020-2026 - PRnews Leader - October 21st, 2020
- Cryonics - Wikipedia - September 6th, 2020
- What Is Cryonics? - How Cryonics Works | HowStuffWorks - September 6th, 2020
- Cryonics - RationalWiki - September 6th, 2020
- Cryonics: Could you live forever? - BBC Science Focus Magazine - September 6th, 2020
- Cryonics, brain preservation and the weird science of ... - September 6th, 2020
- Here's How Far Cryonic Preservation Has Come in the 50 ... - September 6th, 2020
- These are the best films and TV shows to watch on Netflix in September - Milton Keynes Citizen - September 2nd, 2020
- Cryonics: can death be avoided by freezing someone to revive in the future? - Explica - August 7th, 2020
- How Cryonics Works | HowStuffWorks - August 3rd, 2020
- Massive Growth in Russia Cryonics Technology Market Set to Witness Huge Growth by 2026 | Alcor Life Extension Foundation, Biocision, Cellulis, Cesca... - August 3rd, 2020
- Latest Innovative Report on Cryonics Technology Market 2020 | Trends, Growth Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Alcor Life Extension... - August 1st, 2020
- Cryonics Technology Market Share, Size, Cost, Revenue, Applications, Key Players and Forecast 2020-2024 - Bulletin Line - July 30th, 2020
- Errol Morris Fans, Theres a Surprise for You on YouTube - Gizmodo Australia - July 30th, 2020
- Global Cryonics Technology Market Key Players, Trends, Sales, Supply, Demand, Analysis and Forecast 2027: Praxair, Cellulis, Cryologics, Cryotherm,... - July 29th, 2020
- How to survive the apocalypse: A practical guide to the end of days - CNET - July 26th, 2020
- Global Cryonics Technology Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2026 - Daily Research Chronicles - July 15th, 2020
- Global Cryonics Technology Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR by 2025| COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Top Players: Praxair, Cellulis, Cryologics,... - July 14th, 2020
- Cryonics, brain preservation and the weird science of cheating death - CNET - July 14th, 2020
- 9 great reads from CNET this week - CNET - July 14th, 2020
- Hacking the Apocalypse: Your new guide to surviving the end of the world - CNET - July 12th, 2020
- 9 great reads from CNET this week - MSN Money - July 12th, 2020
- Global trade impact of the Coronavirus Cryonics Technology Market Applications and Company's Active in the Industry - amitnetserver - April 26th, 2020
- Cryonics, Dakota the Dog, and the Hope of Forever - Gizmodo - March 10th, 2020
- Cryonics Technology Market 2020 Global Insights and Business Scenario Praxair, Cellulis, Cryologics, Cryotherm, KrioRus, VWR, Thermo Fisher... - March 10th, 2020
- Ectogenesis: Overcoming the Shackles of Femininity - Northeast Now - March 10th, 2020
- Meet the Man Who Looks After Nederland's Frozen Dead Guy - 5280 | The Denver Magazine - March 4th, 2020
- Cryonics | Definition of Cryonics by Merriam-Webster - February 29th, 2020
- The False Science of Cryonics - MIT Technology Review - February 29th, 2020
- Osiris Cryonics - February 29th, 2020
- The cryonics dilemma: will deep-frozen bodies be fit for new ... - February 29th, 2020
- Cryonics Pros and Cons - Vision Launch - February 29th, 2020
- Work begins on first cryonics storage facility in southern ... - February 29th, 2020
- Cryonics: hype, hope or hell? - The Conversation - February 29th, 2020
- If cryonics suddenly worked, wed need to face the fallout ... - February 29th, 2020
- Cheating Death: Inside the Cryonics Institute, Where Your ... - February 29th, 2020
- Work begins on first cryonics storage facility in southern hemisphere - ABC Local - February 29th, 2020
- Chris Pratt Shares the 'Crazy' Story of a Couple Found Completely Preserved in Ice - Pajiba - February 24th, 2020
- More Americans are choosing cremation over traditional burials, survey finds - USA TODAY - January 23rd, 2020
- Dangling In Falsehoods And Deceptions: A Response To President Weah - Modern Ghana - December 26th, 2019
- Trends in Cryonics Technology Market Reviewed with 2027 Opportunities in New Research Report - TheLoop21 - October 24th, 2019
- Cryonics Technology Market Present Scenario and the Growth Prospects with Forecast 2025 - Midnight Stocks - October 24th, 2019
- Huge Demand of Cryonics Technology Market 2019 Predictable to Witness Sustainable Evolution Over 2024 Including Leading Vendors- Praxair, Cellulis,... - October 12th, 2019
- Cryonics Technology Market Strategic New Technology Advancements and Future Outlook - TheLoop21 - October 12th, 2019
- A Novel That Riffs on Sex Dolls, Mary Shelley and Brexit - The New York Times - October 12th, 2019
- Success in Cryonics - osiriscryonics.com - May 26th, 2019
- What is cryonics? - Cryogenics Human & Pet Freezing for ... - May 14th, 2019
- Cryonics Failure - TV Tropes - June 26th, 2018
- What is cryonics? - June 21st, 2018
- Cryonics: Putting Death on Ice - Visual Capitalist - June 4th, 2018
- Cryogenics Human & Pet Freezing for Preservation and Revival - March 19th, 2018
- For The First Time Ever, A Woman in China Was Cryogenically Frozen - Futurism - August 25th, 2017
- Chinese woman cryogenically frozen with 'COMPLETE possibility' of ... - Express.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- This company freezes your body so that you could one day be resurrected - AsiaOne - August 25th, 2017
- Freeze Frame: Lifting The Lid On Cryonics - Billionaire.com - August 24th, 2017
- For The First Time Ever, a Woman in China Has Been Cryogenically ... - DeathRattleSports.com - August 24th, 2017
- How to live forever - TechRadar - August 22nd, 2017
- A first in China cryonics: Dead woman put in deep freeze - EJ Insight - August 21st, 2017
- The Future is Here! Human Body Cryogenically Frozen for First Time Ever in China - Sputnik International - August 21st, 2017
- Frozen body of Chinese woman waits for science to breathe life into it - International Business Times, India Edition - August 19th, 2017
- Husband of China's first cryogenics subject keeps his love and hope ... - South China Morning Post - August 18th, 2017
- This Company Freezes Your Body So That You Could One Day Be Resurrected - Billionaire BLLNR | Singapore (registration) - August 18th, 2017
- Walt Disney Was NOT Frozen - MousePlanet - August 16th, 2017
- A first in China cryonics: Dead woman put in deep freeze - EJ Insight - EJ Insight - August 15th, 2017
- Brain Freeze: Have yours preserved in Salem for possible future revival - KATU - July 29th, 2017
- PERSISTENCE OF LONG-TERM MEMORY: in Vitrified and Revived Simple Animals - h+ Magazine - July 22nd, 2017
- Comic-Con: Seth MacFarlane's 'The Orville' Brings Unique Fan ... - Deadline - July 20th, 2017
- How Would the Human Body Respond to Carbonite Freezing? - Inverse - July 15th, 2017
- Interview with entertainment professional Khu - Blasting News - July 15th, 2017
- A last-ditch attempt to stave off extinction as Sudan goes on Tinder - Irish Times - June 30th, 2017
- The plan to 'reawaken' cryogenically frozen brains and transplant them into someone else's skull - National Post - June 21st, 2017
- Thirty years since its launch, Athens Photo Festival is 'still searching' - Kathimerini - June 21st, 2017
- The confounding world of Cryonics, and the Kiwi scientists trying to ... - Stuff.co.nz - June 17th, 2017
- JoAnn Ruth Martin, Riverside, Calif. - Mason City Globe Gazette - June 13th, 2017
- Can A Human Be Frozen And Brought Back To Life? - Zidbits - June 7th, 2017
- Off the Cuffs: Bibbs considers donation, cremation, cryonics - Cecil Whig - June 6th, 2017
- Frozen Dead Guy Days: The story behind Nederland's most famous resident - The Denver Channel - March 11th, 2017
- Stayin' Alive - The Stute - March 10th, 2017
- Murray Ballard shoots cryonics in The Prospect of Immortality - British Journal of Photography - March 7th, 2017