Bitcoin has been in the spotlight for several months now for various reasons. The digital currency created by the mysterious and pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto has achieved a remarkable rise in 2020 amid the COVID pandemic, Brexit, and much more. Since then, Bitcoin has been on the headlines every day and pushing up the prices of other cryptocurrencies at the same time.
In a recent development in the cryptocurrency industry, Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX announced that his company Tesla invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin and intends to start accepting the currency as payment.
According to the companys filing, In January 2021, we updated our investment policy to provide us with more flexibility to further diversify and maximise returns on our cash that is not required to maintain adequate operating liquidity. As part of the policy, we may invest a portion of such cash in certain specified alternative reserve assets. Thereafter, we invested an aggregate of $1.50 billion in bitcoin under this policy. We expect to begin accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment for our products in the near future, subject to applicable laws and initially on a limited basis, which we may or may not liquidate upon receipt.
Post the announcement, the Bitcoin price soared to an all-time high of $48,034 (15% jump). At the time of writing this article, Bitcoin stands at $46,943.
As a result of the announcement, many analysts have highlighted the extreme volatility of bitcoin, emphasising the fact that investors could be wiped out if the digital currency plunges in the future.
On the other hand, Musk has also made a series of tweets on the alternative cryptocurrency Dogecoin, leading to a rise in the cryptocurrencys value.
New research reveals 2 in 5 crypto investors in the UK are women
Well, its not only Elon Musk and Tesla. Numerous companies and startups in the UK are focusing on cryptocurrencies and Blockchains as this is the next big transformation in the fintech industry. Having said that, heres the list of 10 companies working on cryptocurrencies in the UK you should know.
Founder/s: Evgeny Gaevoy, Harro Mantel, Yoann Turpin
Wintermute was founded in 2017 with the mission to provide the much-needed liquidity to the crypto markets, thus contributing to the adoption of new decentralised finance.
A sweet Valentines Day for Bumble with February IPO: What about UK dating startups?
Founder/s: Konstantin Zaripov, Sergey Romanovskiy
This London-based company bridges the gap between crypto and cash, providing people with instant crypto-backed cash services for everyday use. Nebeus offers a host of secure and compliant solutions allowing customers to borrow, earn, send, and receive cash and crypto with full security.
Founder/s: Gabriele Musella, Oleg Giberstein, Zdenek Hofler
Ubamarket scores 2.9M: The Scan Pay Go retail tech app from UK wants to revolutionise hospitality sector
Coinrule is the smart assistant for cryptocurrency trading, allowing users to take full control of their trading while being able to fight back hedge funds and automated bots. As per the companys claims, it is simple and with no coding skills required.
Founder/s: Dan Hughes
Radix DLT, a London-based DeFi (decentralised finance) startup is building a decentralised finance protocol, which provides frictionless access, programmability, and liquidity to any asset in the world. The company aims to solve many of the pain points in todays centralised financial system.
Founder/s: Dmitry Lazarichev, Georgy Sokolov, Pavel Matveev
Based out of London, Wirex aims to make crypto and traditional currencies equal and accessible to everyone. The companys app and next-gen Wirex card let users buy, store, exchange, and spend a wide variety of conventional and digital currencies quickly and securely, with no hidden fees.
Founder/s: Mark Hipperson, Niall McConnell, Philip Goffin
Ziglu, the personal money app offers an account with traditional & digital currencies managed seamlessly in one app. The cryptocurrency platform gives everyone easy access to digital currencies including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Litecoin, and XRP, with zero hidden fees or transaction charges.
Founder/s: Carel van Wyk, Marcus Swanepoel, Pieter Heyns, Timothy Stranex
Based out of London, Luno is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that lets users to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies. The company is on a mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. Luno operates in 40 countries across Africa, South East Asia, and Europe and employs around 250 people.
Founder/s: Gerald Goldstein, Itamar Lesuisse, Julien Niset
Headquartered in London, Argent is an Ethereum wallet for iOS and Android. With this platform, users can earn interest and invest; borrow, store and send. The platform also lets users access DeFi and Dapps in a few taps.
Founder/s: Jason Fitzpatrick, Jeff Hancock, Keith Christie-Smith, Paul Tiley
Coinpass is a UK-based cryptocurrency exchange platform, founded to solve the demand for fast, reliable, professional, and high-quality financial service products for crypto-to-fiat trading in the UK. The company aims to be the global leader in the digital finance space by striving to bridge the gap between traditional finance and digital assets.
Founder/s: Grant Blaisdell, Jakub Fijolek, Maciej Ziolkowski, Pawel Aleksander, Pawel Kuskowski
Based out of London, Coinfirm offers AML and regulatory technology for blockchain and cryptocurrencies. It offers the industrys largest blockchain coverage, supporting over 1,400 cryptocurrencies and protocols including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger, and many more.
The companys solutions are used by market leaders globally, ranging from crypto exchanges such as Binance, and protocols like XRP, to major financial institutions like PKO BP.
Founder/s: Dmitry Tokarev, CEO
Copper is a London-based digital asset infrastructure provider. The company provides custody and prime brokerage services to more than 200 institutional clients, including traders, wealth companies, private banks, family offices and cryptocurrency funds.
Using proprietary technology including Copper ClearLoop and a Walled Garden Copper facilitates secure, instant and offline transaction settlements for 150+ digital assets, across more than 25 global exchanges.
Coppers fully integrated products are unique in the cryptoasset space. Underpinned by multi-award-winning custody, Copper has built the comprehensive and secure suite of tools and services required to safely acquire, trade, and store cryptocurrencies including access to margin lending trading facilities and the DeFi space.
The rest is here:
- Crypto cash: Stakeholders talk about what could be the way forward - The Indian Express - November 29th, 2021
- Data Shows a Myriad of Crypto Networks Are More Profitable to Mine Than Bitcoin Mining Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Hit Another New All-Time High This Month. Why Crypto Investors Should Ignore the Ups and Downs - NextAdvisor - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash: Why this moving average could be key for a break to the upside - AMBCrypto News - October 20th, 2021
- As Bitcoin goes mainstream, Wall Street looks to cash in - ABC News - October 20th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash Gets Geared Up For A Move As Ethereum Lead The Way Higher - Benzinga - Benzinga - October 20th, 2021
- ETC Group: Europe Overtakes Canada to Hold the World's Largest and Most Traded Physical Single Asset Cryptocurrency ETP - Business Wire - October 20th, 2021
- The Prophecy Of Satoshi Nakamoto: Bitcoin As Religion - Bitcoin Magazine - October 20th, 2021
- NBA agrees to first cryptocurrency sponsorship deal with Coinbase - Basketball Insiders - October 20th, 2021
- Grayscale confirms Bitcoin ETF plans and adds exposure to Zcash, Stellar Lumens and Horizen to its trusts - Cointelegraph - October 20th, 2021
- Douugh partners with Zero Hash to launch integrated crypto offering - Finextra - October 20th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Hows It Differ From Bitcoin and Whats It Worth? - Yahoo Finance - April 5th, 2021
- The Power of ETH and BCH: Smart Bitcoin Cash Project Highlights Innovative Sidechain Technology Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Developers Launch the First Hosted Noncustodial Payment Processor for Bitcoin Cash Payments Technology Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Ethereum Sets a New All-Time High Above the $2K Handle, Bitcoin Cash Markets Jump 8% Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- US Judge Dismisses Antitrust Case Accusing Bitmain, Kraken, and BCH Devs of Manipulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Top 10 Cryptocurrencies To Invest In 2021 - Goodreturns - April 5th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers April 5th, 2021 - FX Empire - April 5th, 2021
- PayPal solidifies standing as major crypto player with latest payment option - Business Insider - April 5th, 2021
- Ziglu makes Tezos and digital coin tez available to customers - Finextra - April 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): There's More Than One Bitcoin? - Vulcan Post - April 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Soars After Kim Dotcom Support - Finance Magnates - February 15th, 2021
- Kim Dotcom Publishes a Website That Highlights the Benefits of Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - February 15th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers February 14th, 2021 - FX Empire - February 15th, 2021
- What is the problem with cryptocurrency (bitcoin)? - Investors' Corner - Investors' Corner BNP Paribas - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin Has Reached Its Latest High Above $48,000What's Next? - Forbes - February 15th, 2021
- Apple Pay can now be used to spend Bitcoin - CNET - February 15th, 2021
- Uber wont buy bitcoin with its cash but would consider accepting it as payment, CEO says - CNBC - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin cash out: Is it worth using Bitcoin as money? - Marketing Analysis - February 15th, 2021
- If Dogecoin is a Joke, Why is Elon Musk Pumping This Meme Cryptocurrency? - Value The Markets - February 15th, 2021
- Better Than Bitcoin? 6 Other Cryptocurrencies You Should Consider - InvestorPlace - February 15th, 2021
- 5 reasons why bitcoin cryptocurrency prices are on the rise - Economic Times - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash, Ripple Price Prediction: What Next for BCH and XRP? - InvestingCube - February 11th, 2021
- Ray Dalio on why Bitcoin is zooming and why it faces hurdles as an alternative asset - Moneycontrol - February 11th, 2021
- The Impact of Bitcoin on Online Poker - TechRound - February 11th, 2021
- The Grayscale Bitcoin Trust: What It Is and How It Works - CoinDesk - Coindesk - February 11th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 9.14% Up In The Last 24 Hours - Via News Agency - February 11th, 2021
- Central Bank of Kenya to Reportedly Use Bitcoin as Reserve Currency - Coingape - February 11th, 2021
- Dogecoin Blasts Into Top 10, And Leaves - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- Crypto Has Entered Its Fourth Stage Of Adoption, Industry Exec Says - Forbes - January 30th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers January 30th, 2021 - FX Empire - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bearish Momentum: 6.82% Down In The Last 12 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 6.88% Up In The Last 6 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- USDT Transactions on Tron Surpassed Ethereum Tether Transactions Every Day in 2021 Altcoins Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Jumps To Almost USD 38K, Ethereum, Altcoins Try To Follow - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- American Cancer Society Creates Its First Crypto Only Donation Fund News Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Gemini research reveals 2 in 5 crypto investors in the UK are women - PR Newswire UK - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 5.93% Up In The Last 6 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- How to buy bitcoin in a IRA: Rules, benefits, risks, and where to buy - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Holds Steady Above USD 30K, Ethereum and Altcoins Gain Traction - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- US Court Sentences ICO Fraudster to 6 Months in Jail: Orders the Accused to Pay Over $4 Million in Restitution Regulation - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin On Bearish Momentum: 11.62% Down In The Last 12 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- Ex-CEO of Bitcoin.com, a Leading Proponent of Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Joins Nodle's Board to Help Develop the Nodle Cash Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - September 30th, 2020
- The Genesis of BCH Tokenization: Over 10,000 SLP Tokens Built on Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 30th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Roger Ver Propaganda for the Blockchain Technology and Use Case Continues - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 28th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Crypto hedge funds and mining regulations: Bad crypto news of the week - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 27th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- What Would Jesus Think of Bitcoin? - hackernoon.com - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 26th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- AirVPN review: Good speeds and full of stats - PCWorld - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 25th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Unlimited Launches Two-Option Voting App Powered by Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Up $0.33 On 4 Hour Chart, Started Today Up 2.12%; in a Downtrend Over Past 30 Days - CFDTrading - September 18th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 18th, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 18th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 17th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 18th, 2020
- Miny.CC Innovation in the Cryptocurrency Mining Sphere | Press release Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Mad Money's Jim Cramer 'Fixated' on Buying Bitcoin, Fears Massive Inflation | News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Faces Third Blockchain Split in Under Four Years - Decrypt - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 4th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 4th, 2020
- Meet The 2 Newest Grayscale Products That Trade On OTC Markets - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Analysis: Breakdown Could Extend Below $200 - Live Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies Price Prediction: Bitcoin Cash, Tron and Ethereum European Wrap 2 September - FXStreet - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers August 31st, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Slips in Latest Crypto Ranking by Chinese Government-Backed Center | News - Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers August 30th, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Canaan Cuts Losses for Second Successive Quarter, Down To $2.4M in Q2; Demand Remains Weak - Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- Inter-Blockchain Liquidity: Minting Synthetic Bitcoin Cash With the Ren Protocol - Bitcoin News - August 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Price Prediction: BCH/USD looking forward to a falling wedge pattern breakout - FXStreet - August 28th, 2020