Mandarin Oriental Lake Como
Every year, the World Travel Awards celebrates the very best across the tourism and hospitality industries. Postponed this year due to the pandemic, the Awards will now take place in Antalya, Turkey, in late October.
Among the nominations this year, which are selected by travel professionals and the public, are properties from emerging tourism destinations like; Baku, Azerbaijan-Batumi, Georgia-Bydgoszcz, Poland-Derry, Northern Ireland-Kutn Hora, Czech Republic-Ljubljana, Slovenia-Matera, Italy-Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina-Sibiu, Romania-Sofia, and Bulgaria.
I have focused on the category of new luxury hotels and resorts in Europe so that when travel opens up again, we can all experience these spectacular new properties. Also important to note that due to the pandemic, numerous hotels are still closed and not planning to open until the end of the year.
Here is the list of this years World Travel Awards nominations that will be updated with the winners in October.
BEST NEW HOTELS IN EUROPE
Poolside at the Grand Park Hotel Rovinj
Grand Park Hotel, Rovinj
Nestled within a pine forest on the seafront overlooking St Katarina Island and the charming old town of Rovinj, lies this elegant hotel, designed by the renowned Italian architect Piero Lissoni and Croatian 3LHD Studio. The six floor hotel, you can enjoy one of the elegantly designed rooms and suites, dine in a collection offers restaurants, boutique shopping and a large Albaro Wellness & Spa.
Amara Luxury Hotel in Cyprus
AMARA Hotel, Limassol
The AMARA is located near the famed ancient Kingdom of Amathus, and is the most significant ancient city kingdom of Cyprus, dating back to before Christ. The hotel offers Michelin-starred chefs overseeing restaurants, Nobu Matsuhisa and Giorgio Locatelli. The 207 rooms provide personal cascading plunge-pools, all with stunning views of the Mediterranean sea.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Prague
Nestled between Pragues Old Town and New Town, the renovated Radisson Blu Hotel Prague boasts a prime location within walking distance of the city center. The Art Nouveau-styled property features 160 contemporary rooms and suites.
Grantley Hall in England
Grantley Hall, North Yorkshire
Grantley Hall is a hidden jewel found in the Yorkshire Dales,offering 47 beautiful bedrooms, four gourmet restaurants and three stunning bars. The property also features the large Three Graces Spa perfect for a wellness retreat.
Hard Rock Hotel, London
Explore the city from the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, this hip new music inspired property is similar to other Hard Rock Hotels with themed rooms and Rock Royalty suites. The property also features the Hard Rock Cafe Oxford Street, with famous memorabilia.
Stock Exchange Hotel reception and lobby
Stock Exchange Hotel, Manchester
Stock Exchange Hotel is located within the heart of central Manchester. Set within the former home of the Manchester Stock Exchange, the property offer 40 rooms, signature suites and a stunning top floor residence. There is also the Tom Kerridge directed restaurant The Bull & Bear featuring refined British food.
Cheval Blanc St. Tropez
Cheval Blanc, St-Tropez
I was the first journalist to visit this new property and it is my absolute favorite in France. You will not find a more elegant experience than staying at this resort within walking distance from the center of St-Tropez. With direct access to the beach, the 30 rooms and suites feature a terrace or spacious balcony. Cheval Blanc St-Tropez also hosts a magnificent three Michelin star restaurant and an underground Guerlain inspired Spa.
Wyndham Grand, Tbilisi
With old-world charm, the Wyndham Grand Tbilisi hotel is situated near Tbilisis bustling Rustaveli Avenue. The 158 view rooms and suites, the hotel also offers two contemporary gourmet restaurants, with impressive city views. There is also a a heated indoor pool and full-service spa.
Fashion House lobby bar
Hard Rock Hotel, Dublin
Located in the city center next to Dublin Castle and Temple Bar. The 120-room hotel is a contemporary re-imagining of two historic buildings, combining the Exchange Building, built at the turn of the 20th century, and the adjacent Fashion House building linked together by a newly built glass bridge.
Roma Suite at the Hotel de la Ville, A Rocco Forte Hotel
Hotel de la Ville, A Rocco Forte Hotel, Rome
This impressive property in Rome is a personal favorite with 89 rooms and 15 suites including a stunning Presidential Suite. The rooftop bar with views of the city and modern Roman dining make this one of the best options in the city.
Masseria Torre Maizza in Puglia
Masseria Torre Maizza, A Rocco Forte Hotel, Puglia
Located in Puglia on the Adriatic coast, and surrounded by ancient olive groves, the renovated 16th century masseria also includes a 9-hole golf course, private beach club and spa. Designed by Olga Polizzi, the 40 stunning contemporary rooms and suites offer the best of Italian living. The brand new Torre Suite is located in the tower offering sensational views over the Puglian countryside.
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como
Located on the Eastern shore of the Lake, the hotel features nine separate villas, 21 guestrooms, 52 suites and two private villas. The heart of the resort is the Villa Roccabruna, the former residence of Italian soprano Giuditta Pasta built in 1799.
Palazzo Doglio, Sardinia
Situated on the island of Sardinia, Palazzo Doglio features 72 large guestrooms and suites all within the hotels central location in Cagliari. The property is walking distance to the marina and Poetto Beach.
St. Regis Venice Hotel
The St. Regis, Venice
The newly restored St. Regis Venice includes 130 modern guestrooms and 39 suites with balconies overlooking the Grand Canal, the Italianate Garden, or the stunning rooftops of the city. The property is located in the former Grand Hotel Britannia which opened in 1895.
Savoy Palace in Portugal
Savoy Palace, Funchal Madeira Island
On the site of the former Savoy Hotel, a short walk from the Old Town, the new Savoy Palace offers chic contemporary 309 rooms and 43 suites with balconies. The rooftop lounge, terraced gardens, and multiple pools (including a spectacular infinity version, and one dedicated to kids) are perfect for family getaways. There is a selection of restaurants, bars, and a world-class spa with hydrotherapy facilities.
Nobu Hotel, Barcelona
This new and very trendy hotel in Barcelonaoffers 259 spacious guest rooms and suites, along with the famed Nobu Restaurant, andthe tapas Nobu Sake Bar, all with panoramic views of the city and the sea. Currently closed until the end of 2020.
Aerial view of the Arctic Bath Hotel
Arctic Bath, Harads
One of my absolute favorite designed hotels is the Artic Bath, located South of the Arctic circle on Lule River, downstream from the bridges of Bodtrskfors. The property alternates between frozen and floating structures depending on the season with 6 floating cabins and 6 additional land-based cabins. The circular-shaped Arctic Bath houses one spa treatment room, four saunas, an outside cold bath, and a hot bath. Property is currently closed until end of 2020.
La Rserve Eden au Lac Zurich
La Rserve Eden au Lac, Zurich
Philippe Starck has helped give a new life to this legendary hotel on Lake Zurich with an imagined yacht club vibe. La Rserve Eden au Lac is a spectacular property that opened on the lakeshore 100 years ago. The property features 40 rooms and suites, with a Japanese-Peruvian restaurant and a busy bar on the ground floor.
Six Senses Kocatas Mansions
Six Senses Kocatas Mansions, Istanbul
This newly restored urban resort property is located in the prestigious Sariyer district of the city's European side. The extensive and beautifully-landscaped grounds offer views over the Bosphorus as it curves toward the Black Sea. Originally built in the second half of the 19thcentury, theTurkish-Ottoman Kocata Mansion was previously owned by the former Minister of Justice and founder of Kocata Spring Water. The 45 guest rooms and suites are spread across the two mansions. There is also a Six Senses Spa and a Toro Pan-Latin and Asian Gastro Bar on property.
Grandhotel Lienz, Tirol
BEST NEW RESORTS IN EUROPE
Grandhotel Lienz, Tirol
Chenot PalaceHealth Wellness Hotel, Gabala
Yastrebets Hotel Wellness & Spa, Borovets
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa, Santorini
Delfino Blu Wellness Boutique Hotel, Corfu
Lefay Resort & SPA Dolomites
Lefay Resort & SPA, Dolomites
Hotel Alpin Royal, South Tyrol
Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda,Gargnano
Wyndham Grand, Algarve
EPIC SANA, Algarve
H2otel - Congress & Medical SPA,Unhais da Serra
Vila Gal, Sintra
Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay
Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis, Marbella
Finca Serena, Mallorca
Nobu Hotel, Ibiza
Read the original post:
- TCS World Travel Announces Dates for Its First All-Inclusive Luxury Expeditions On Ground-Breaking New Airbus A321neo Private Jet - Business Wire - October 14th, 2020
- Hacienda Tres Ros is a Strong Candidate in Three 2020 World Travel Awards Categories - PR Web - October 14th, 2020
- Peru, Bahamas and Puerto Rico Added to WTTC's Safe Travels List - TravelPulse - October 14th, 2020
- Maldives bags 8 nominations at World Travel Awards - The Edition - October 14th, 2020
- Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) And World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo (WTCE) Announce They Will Bring the Industry Together in Hamburg... - October 14th, 2020
- WTTC has a plan to save the travel sector - Travel Weekly - October 14th, 2020
- Short's Travel Signs with Deem to Offer An Additional Travel Booking Solution for Clients - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Travel insurance proposition enhanced by Zurich - ITIJ - October 14th, 2020
- The world's busiest airports -- and how far they've fallen - CNN - October 14th, 2020
- This is why travel will be better post-pandemic - Traveller - October 14th, 2020
- Is cow hugging the world's new wellness trend? - BBC News - October 14th, 2020
- Disney World attendance to stay capped; Disneyland reopening 'not much of a negotiation,' CEO says - USA TODAY - October 14th, 2020
- Author and World Traveler Illustrates Exploration of Europe and the Challenges he Faced in New Book - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Travel Alert: Covid-19 Cases Are Back To July Levels, And Rising Fast - Forbes - October 14th, 2020
- The traveler who spent a month working as a porter on Mount Everest - CNN - October 14th, 2020
- Expedia Modernized Operations on One of the World's Fastest-Moving IT Stacks - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 on Experiential Travels Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 14th, 2020
- How One Travel Advisor Gets Creative to Stay Engaged with Clients - Travel Market Report - October 14th, 2020
- New York City named one of world's top ten best walking cities - Travel Daily - October 14th, 2020
- Lonely Planet's new Ultimate Travel List reveals the world's unmissable travel experiences - Lonely Planet Travel News - October 8th, 2020
- President Trump positive is a red alert for World Travel and Tourism - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - October 8th, 2020
- 4 Travelers on Life Around the World: Women Who Travel Podcast - Cond Nast Traveler - October 8th, 2020
- The world's 10 coolest neighborhoods, according to Time Out - CNN - October 8th, 2020
- After six months, Germany eases world travel restrictions - The Tribune India - October 8th, 2020
- Travel agents wait for the world to reopen from COVID shutdowns; heres how theyre staying afloat with trave - MassLive.com - October 8th, 2020
- The world of travel is (slowly) reopening | Opinion - ECM Publishers - October 8th, 2020
- Amazon Prime's Global Child "Travel with Purpose" & Netflix's Down to Earth with Zac Efron bring hope to audiences through a new breed... - October 8th, 2020
- This hotel was named the best in Boston and among the top in the world - Boston.com - October 8th, 2020
- Is One of the Most Overtouristed Cities in the World Better Off Without Them? - Fodor's Travel - October 8th, 2020
- New Zealand passport is now the most powerful in the world; India secures 58th position - Happytrips - October 8th, 2020
- Big plans from Small Luxury Hotels of the World - Travel Weekly - October 3rd, 2020
- Trending News: Customized travel Market Overview and Forecast Report 2020-2026 Top players: TCS World Travel, DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co,... - October 3rd, 2020
- Australia-New Zealand travel bubble to partially open within two weeks - The Guardian - October 3rd, 2020
- Ski, Party, Seed a Pandemic: The Travel Rules That Let Covid-19 Take Flight - The New York Times - October 3rd, 2020
- Which Countries Did Worse In The Deadly Summer Of Tourism? - Forbes - October 3rd, 2020
- New WTTC Campaign Highlights Social Benefits of Travel & Tourism - Hotel Business - October 3rd, 2020
- Worlds Best Islands: Why Portugals Terceira Belongs On Your Travel Wish List - Forbes - October 3rd, 2020
- When Star Wars Rebels brought back Mortis and introduced time travel [Jabba the Pod 3.13] - SYFY WIRE - October 3rd, 2020
- Dream Vacations Lift and Shifts National Conference Aboard Celebrity Apex to 2021; This Years Conference will be Virtual - Franchising.com - October 3rd, 2020
- Tratok and Hotel Data Cloud Sign Agreement to Restart Travel Industry Through Blockchain Powered Technology and Artificial Intelligence Enabled... - October 3rd, 2020
- How You Can Help Animal Shelters Around the World During COVID - Fodor's Travel - October 3rd, 2020
- Panama is reopening to tourists from all countries in October - Lonely Planet Travel News - October 3rd, 2020
- Travel-Awards.Org to Host the Virtual Conference World Travel Summit 2020, Under the Theme "Travel - In The New Normal" - PRNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Phillys Four Seasons Spa Was Just Named One of the Best in the World - Philadelphia magazine - September 4th, 2020
- Attend a Live, Interactive Virtual Oktoberfest Celebration This Year - TravelPulse - September 4th, 2020
- So you had a terrible vacation. Whose fault is that: The airline's? The hotel's? Or yours? - USA TODAY - September 4th, 2020
- It's a new world of travel in MLS for the Galaxy and LAFC - Los Angeles Times - September 4th, 2020
- Staycationers are saving hotels and Airbnb from covid-19 - The Economist - September 4th, 2020
- Cerabino: In world of COVID-19 precautions, it's Florida, not Canada, that should be advocating solo sex - Palm Beach Post - September 4th, 2020
- LCCs the right model for post-Covid world; recovery is not near, but out of creative destruction may emerge new entities - Web In Travel - September 4th, 2020
- Thailand managed 101 days without local coronavirus cases. Will it open borders soon? - CNN - September 4th, 2020
- Travel The World From Your Living Room With The New Technogym Bike - Forbes - September 4th, 2020
- Africa Travel Week focuses on creating opportunities for the industry this Tourism Month - Travel Daily News International - September 4th, 2020
- Villas of Distinction offers white-label partnerships to Travel Agencies - Travel Daily News International - September 4th, 2020
- Cruise Ships Are the Cleanest Travel Environments - TravelPulse - September 4th, 2020
- Move Over, Sustainable Travel. Regenerative Travel Has Arrived. - The New York Times - September 2nd, 2020
- Travel COVID Safe Accreditation Group Launches The Most Rigorous Three-Point Inspection Health Certification For The Travel And Tourism Industry - PR... - September 2nd, 2020
- Louis Vuitton Parfums Explores Out of This World Travel With New "Mtore" Fragrance - HYPEBEAST - September 2nd, 2020
- Letters to the editor Sept. 2, 2020 | Letters To Editor - goskagit.com - September 2nd, 2020
- 6 numbers to know about the greatest short courses in the world - Golf.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Mike Fox introduces a travel book narrating his wife's treatment for Parkinson's disease in Italy - GlobeNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Column: Reflections of columns and world travel - Current in Carmel - August 24th, 2020
- Aretha Franklin memorialized with section of Lodge Freeway - The Detroit News - August 24th, 2020
- Roaming Through Lanzarotes Otherworldly Vineyards - The New York Times - August 24th, 2020
- Shares in Accor and IHG rise on merger speculation a combination would create the worlds biggest hotel group - MarketWatch - August 24th, 2020
- Japan to open world's second 'Making of Harry Potter' attraction - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- The Japanese village that cooks in a hot spring - BBC News - August 24th, 2020
- Bulgaria: Wild majesty in one of Europe's oldest countries - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- Ernest White II launched a travel show during the pandemic. He says its message is more relevant now than ever - San Francisco Chronicle - August 24th, 2020
- Travel - Why are the Dutch so tall? - BBC News - August 24th, 2020
- How COVID-19 could affect business travel and the aviation industry - World Economic Forum - August 24th, 2020
- Tourism in 2020 and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Signs of Recovery Within the Domestic Tourism Sector - PRNewswire - August 24th, 2020
- In China, Where the Coronavirus Pandemic Began, Life Is Starting to Look Normal - The New York Times - August 24th, 2020
- Here are the Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 Mid-Atlantic Finalists - WashingtonExec - August 24th, 2020
- Opinion/McCord: Reflections of a privileged white traveler - Seacoastonline.com - August 24th, 2020
- Fans crowd into an indoor concert in experiment on how to return to normality - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- Covid robs tourism by the billion - TTR Weekly - August 24th, 2020
- WebBeds world's top bed bank post-COVID? That's the Webjet plan - Travel Trends - August 24th, 2020
- Germany issues travel warning for Paris and Cote d'Azur as it happened - The Guardian - August 24th, 2020
- Outbound Travel Service Market is Projected to Expand at a Steady CAGR over the Forecast by 2025 - The News Brok - August 24th, 2020