Luxury-loving travelers, foodies and savvy wine lovers know this there is nothing quite like Sicily, the largest and most diverse island in the Mediterranean Sea.
This sun-kissed island just off Italys toe boasts miles of gorgeous coastline, magnificent architecture, roaring volcanoes, delectable food, excellent wines and historical sites scattered all around. And yet, tourist hordes is not a phrase you are likely to hear in this part of Italy yet to be truly discovered by international travelers.
As pointed out by The Independent, excellent Sicilian wine producer Mandrarossa and luxury vacation-rental company Select Sicily have joined forces to promote the territory of Menfishire, the largest grape-growing region in Sicily, through a partnership that celebrates the areas historical, archaeological and eno-gastronomic value.
Book a trip to this gorgeous Italian island now, then, before the rest of the world does. Here are five great reasons to add Sicily to your travel wish list this year.
Fascinating, multicultural historyFirst inhabited some 10.000 years ago, Sicily is an open-air museum and a joy for history and architecture buffs to visit at any time of the year. It boasts an unparalleled historical legacy, having been occupied by many cultures through the centuries.
Nowhere else in the world have Ancient Romans, Greeks, Byzantines, Carthaginians, Arabs, Phoenicians, Normans, Catalans, Bourbons and French left such a long-lasting mark both physically, in the impressive temples and cathedrals, and in the islands unique culture and traditions. The relics of this rich, fascinating and arguably incomparable past are just one of the many reasons to visit this epic island.
Whether you are more fascinated by Greek amphitheaters, Arabesque domes, Byzantine mosaics, Roman aqueducts or Baroque architecture, sun-kissed Sicily offers a range of archaeological treasures thats not easily matched.
Rich and varied cuisineThe Italian island of Sicily is a delight for anyone who loves fresh, farm-to-table food. As any fan of the Inspector Montalbano TV series already knows, the islands natural resources offer up delicious ingredients, from anchovies, swordfish, red prawns and sea urchins to olives, wild fennel, lemons, oranges, pistachios, almonds, eggplants, pine nuts, grapes and sweet Pachino tomatoes, just to mention a few.
Sicilian cuisine is rich and varied, combining local seasonal produce with flavors bequeathed by Arabs, Greeks, Normans and Spaniards.
Wine, wine and more wineSicily has a long history of viticulture and vinification. One of the major wine towns in Italys Mezzogiorno, Menfi is at the center of a premier wine-growing area, blessed with balmy temperatures and bright, golden-warm sunlight tempered by refreshing sea breezes.
About 350 feet above sea level, the ancient wine-making town of Menfi was designated a DOC region in 1995. The Mandrarossa winery is located in this lovely area, on Sicilys bewitching south-western coast.
Innovative and modern brand Mandrarossa makes sumptuous wines with indigenous grapes sourced from the gently sloping, verdant hills overlooking the glistening Mediterranean Sea, with Tunisias north coast in the distance.
Gorgeous beachesFrom blissful beaches where seafood restaurants serve fish straight off the boat to secluded coves, marine reserves, dramatic rock formations and deserted stretches of virgin sand, Sicily offers sunseekers and beach-lovers a slice of paradise.
Menfis vine-carpeted hills descend right down to the cobalt-blue sea, where theres an amazing array of glorious Blue Flag beaches framed by sweeping dunes. Menfis sandy coastline is still quite unspoilt. A wide, sun-drenched expanse of pretty much deserted golden sand runs for over 10 miles along the coast below this picturesque wine-making center.
Luxury accommodationSicily has become a hotspot for luxury travel. The Mediterraneans most alluring island offers a deliciously large number of deluxe luxury villas with spellbinding sea views. The popularity of villa vacations is on the rise, with more and more high-profile vacationers opting for self-catering villa rentals in exclusive locations.
Based in Castelvetrano, Select Sicily boasts an impressive collection of jaw-droppingly beautiful properties throughout the island. Located in Menfi-Porto Palo, Essence is a top-of-the-range three-bedroom villa which offers a seductive blend of bright, airy interiors, modern contemporary design and postcard-worthy views. It can house up to six guests.
For a larger group, you can head to I Cipressi, a luxuriously finished five-bedroom holiday home in the heart of Menfishire, which sleeps ten people. Its refined interiors, 32-foot long pool and scented Mediterranean gardens make it an ideal luxury retreat to enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your friends and family.
Around the same area is Villa Le Cicale, a modern family summer house which lacks for nothing. Utterly charming in every way, it is a good jumping-off point for exploring sunny Sicilys southwest corner.
To find out more about the properties available, please visit http://www.selectsicilyvillas.com.
View original post here:
- Cant Travel? Play These Games Instead During COVID-19 And Social Distancing - Forbes - March 21st, 2020
- Travel personalities reflect on how the coronavirus outbreak has changed their world - The Messenger - March 21st, 2020
- Remote Year, which helps you work while traveling the world, lays off 50% of staff - TechCrunch - March 21st, 2020
- WhatsApp Is at the Center of Coronavirus Response - WIRED - March 21st, 2020
- World's most expensive cities to live in - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- UK travel industry urges government action to forestall collapse of businesses - The Guardian - March 21st, 2020
- We can't travel, but we can take measures to preserve jobs in the tourism industry - World Bank Group - March 21st, 2020
- It's Hard to Believe How Empty the World's Top Tourist Destinations Are Due to Coronavirus Until You See These Photos - Travel+Leisure - March 21st, 2020
- Global action vital to save world's tourism industry: Saudi minister - Arabnews - March 21st, 2020
- 16 Of The Cheapest Travel Destinations Around The World - World Atlas - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus bailout: Airlines are asking the US government for $50 billion in aid - Vox.com - March 21st, 2020
- When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? - Cruise Critic - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus: April could be a month with almost zero flights as airlines axe more routes - The Independent - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus canceled this family's Disney trip. They made better memories at home - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- During a pandemic, what does being the world's happiest country mean? - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- Round 2: The Most Instagrammable Hotel In The World 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 21st, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: World Travel in the Time of Coronavirus - VOA News - March 17th, 2020
- More than 80 countries have imposed travel bans to curb the new coronavirus - The Economist - March 17th, 2020
- World Travel Holdings' Brands Take Home 10 Statuettes at the 2020 Travvy Awards - Yahoo Finance - March 17th, 2020
- Offutt cancels military travel and leave, but says it has seen no confirmed cases of COVID-19 - Omaha World-Herald - March 17th, 2020
- Why the world is waking up to Vietnamese coffee - CNN - March 17th, 2020
- New Inspirational Adventure Journeys from TCS World Travel - Arts and Collections International - March 17th, 2020
- Vote Now: The Most Instagrammable Hotel In The World 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 17th, 2020
- Travel bans, market chaos: Dizzying reaction to coronavirus spread around the world - TribLIVE - March 17th, 2020
- Live Coronavirus Updates and Coverage - The New York Times - March 17th, 2020
- The Latest COVID-19 Policies From The Travel Corporation Brands - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 17th, 2020
- My dream cruise is in tatters thanks to coronavirus here's how it feels to be stranded at sea - Telegraph.co.uk - March 17th, 2020
- Virus Brings New Travel Restrictions, Lockdowns And Closures - Yeshiva World News - March 17th, 2020
- Travel Brands, Remember Who You Really Serve The Traveling Public - Skift - March 17th, 2020
- Customized travel Market will touch a new level in upcoming year with Top Key Players like TCS World Travel, DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co,... - March 17th, 2020
- Corona virus affecting the tourism industry worldwide - Travel Daily News International - March 17th, 2020
- TUI suspends vast majority of travel operations | News - Breaking Travel News - March 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Virgin Atlantic asks staff to take eight weeks of unpaid leave - Sky News - March 17th, 2020
- U.S. Will Drop Limits on Virus Testing, Pence Says - The New York Times - March 4th, 2020
- Buy the World Travel Plug Adapter along with 6 Attachments only For $24.99 - iLounge - March 4th, 2020
- Second Death From Virus Is Reported in the U.S. - The New York Times - March 4th, 2020
- Travel - How the humble potato changed the world - BBC News - March 4th, 2020
- The tourism legacy of the Olympic Games - CNN - March 4th, 2020
- Mexico to Host Travel and Tourism Summit Amid Coronavirus Outbreak - Latin Post - March 4th, 2020
- The world's largest island is finally drawing tourists - CNBC - March 4th, 2020
- World's leading tourism expert warns of overreaction in coronavirus battle - Famagusta Gazette - March 4th, 2020
- After My Abusive Relationship, I Couldn't Leave The House. Travel Opened My World Up Again. - HuffPost - March 4th, 2020
- Planning summer holidays? Think about coronavirus - Times of India - March 4th, 2020
- The holiday destinations around the world which have no cases of coronavirus - The Sun - March 4th, 2020
- Travel ban set to be extended as fears grow over the 'new Hubei' - The Sydney Morning Herald - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus: six more test positive in NSW after travelling from Asia and Iran - The Guardian - March 4th, 2020
- Hostelworld shares fall as it warns of 3.5m coronavirus blow - City A.M. - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Airports around the world empty as travel industry suffers - The Independent - March 4th, 2020
- Travel Retail Market investigated in the latest research - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - March 4th, 2020
- Then and now: How coronavirus turned the world's busiest cities into ghost towns - Telegraph.co.uk - March 4th, 2020
- 5 of the world's smartest cities - World First Travel Insurance - March 4th, 2020
- Traveling In 2020 And The Coronavirus (COVID-19) - ADVrider - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus Travel Advisories: Map Shows CDC's Areas Of Concern : Goats and Soda - NPR - February 29th, 2020
- Empty airports around the world show coronavirus affected air travel - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 29th, 2020
- The travel industry is suffering its worst shock since 9/11 because of coronavirus - KTVZ - February 29th, 2020
- The coronavirus has grounded Chinese tourists. The global travel industry may not recover for years - CNN - February 29th, 2020
- There are $4 flights in China but dont expect many other coronavirus airfare deals - MarketWatch - February 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus is threatening to end the world air-travel boom - CNBC - February 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus updates live: 1st death in U.S. as outbreak spreads in other countries - NBC News - February 29th, 2020
- THIRDHOME partners with Major Sports Alumni Associations to offer former players access to world travel - PRNewswire - February 29th, 2020
- Great Day TV: The Strongest Woman in the World is from Indy - WISHTV.com - February 29th, 2020
- Climate activists just blocked plans to expand Heathrow, one of the world's biggest airports - CNN - February 29th, 2020
- Less-Costly Ways to Reduce the Harm of COVID-19 Without Travel-and-Immigration-Bans - Cato Institute - February 29th, 2020
- 7 things I never travel without - CNET - February 29th, 2020
- Global Leisure Travel Market, Forecast to 2026 - Mobile Applications, Big Data Analytics, and AI Evolving Together Amidst Proliferating Tourism... - February 29th, 2020
- Industry chiefs to meet at World Aviation Festival - TTG - February 29th, 2020
- Worlds largest travel fair, ITB, cancelled in Berlin - The Thaiger - February 29th, 2020
- Travel: Has Richard Branson launched the world's coolest cruise? - HeraldScotland - February 29th, 2020
- WITTI to Honor Top Women in Travel with Travel Awards Dinner, Gives Voice to Pearson Findings on Gender Mix in the C-Suite - Yahoo Finance - February 20th, 2020
- The world through the eyes of one photographer - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- What the world's most expensive Irish whiskey tastes like - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- What in the World: President Trump's Travel Ban 2.0 - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- Travel Green: Discover Some Of The Worlds Best Eco-Friendly Hotels - Forbes - February 20th, 2020
- Miami Beach Debuts "Why I Love Miami Beach" Social Video Series to Show Why the Destination is Like No Other Place in the World - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2020
- Industrial Tourism Market Global Insights and Trends 2020 to 2026 - Nyse Nasdaq Live - February 20th, 2020
- Travel between Torres Strait Islands and PNG banned due to fears over coronavirus - The Guardian - February 20th, 2020
- What trends will be shaping the African travel sector? - Africa Outlook Magazine - February 20th, 2020
- Myanmar Tourism Gets a Second Chance: Is It Ready for It? - Skift - February 20th, 2020
- Highland Park rolls out exclusive Single Cask bottling for Heathrow and World Duty Free - DFNIonline.com - February 20th, 2020
- Taj Mahal is the most Googled monument in the world - Times of India - February 20th, 2020