Well, this March certainly has been full of Madness...
While this is certainly a pressing time for the travel industryand world overand the inspiration for this bracket-style tournamentwon't even be taking place this yearLuxury Travel Advisor is hoping to provide a fun distraction for those whose anxiety may be a little higher than usual.
So, we're happy to introduce the third edition of our Most Instagrammable Hotel in the World Contest! (Last year, Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara took home the title.) For the 2020 edition, we received hundreds of submissions for truly wonderful properties around the world; however, only 64 made the "final" cut. We looked for unique views, interesting color schemes and hotels that have not participated before, with the exception of last year's winner and runner-up (Viceroy Los Cabos). Now comes the tough part:
Like this story? Subscribe to The Dossier
Luxury Travel Advisors only newsletter, covering unique destinations and product news for affluent travelers. Delivered every Tuesday & Thursday.
The editors of Luxury Travel Advisor seeded the hotels and created a bracket. It's up to you to vote on each contest, for whichever hotel you feel is the most Instagrammable! But what does that mean? We're looking for the best picyou know the one; as soon as you post it, the likes, comments and shares start pouring in.
The rules: Round 1 is now open and voting closes Thursday, March 19 at 10 a.m. Eastern Time.You can only vote for each matchup once per round. The winners move on to face their new competition, and so on, until a winner is crowned on April 8.
And remember: This contest is meant to highlight fantastic resorts from around the world. Please be sure to visit them and give them your business when it's safe and you feel comfortable doing so! We're all in this together.
The Plaza Hotelarguably New York City's most famousis home to the iconic Palm Court, which is popularfor its Afternoon Tea. It's also Instagram gold that earns the hotel the No. 1 seed in the North America bracket.
At Barnsley Resort,a historic former manor house near Adairsville, Georgia, the gardens back up to the historic Manor House Ruins, which at night are lit with twinkle lights and serve as a rustic Instagram heaven.
Viceroy Snowmasscertainly has an enviable position, wouldn't you say? After a long day of hitting the slopes, you can ski or board right up to the hotel and hop in its heated outdoor pooloffering up-close views of those same slopes.
Locatedin the lush Catskill Mountains, The Roxbury at Stratton Fallshas introduced whimsical themed rooms at a former 1848repurposed Mansion. Here is The Superhero Incognito.
Experience one of the best views of the Toronto skyline and the CN Tower from the 44thfloor infinity pool at theBishaHotel Toronto.
The Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angelesis the literal foundation of Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles. It's a restored, 1,600-seat movie palace from the 1920s with a three-story grand lobby.
The Hermitage Hotel is the most original and longestistanding Nashville hotel (it was built in 1910!). Need we say more about this ornate lobby?
DuntonHot Springs is aRelais & Chteaux resort set deep in the Colorado Rockies. The restored ghost town has 13 authentic log cabins with distinct characteristics, tasteful furnishings and magnificent views of the mountains and surrounding meadows.
The Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Clubin Bermudais a grand dame hotel with pink exterior surrounded by lush palm trees and pink sand beaches. Note the moongate on the lawn!
Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fairmont BanffCanada's "Castle in the Rockies"has been openbe for more than 130 years.
The Loren at Pink Beachis seta tranquil section of, what else,Pink Beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The pool, rocks and beach make for an Insta-worthy pic.
Originally City Hall Annexa place where Phillys big moments were formally notarizedThe Notary Hotelbuilding dates back to 1926 and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The hotels design draws on the buildings civic roots.
The iconic Guitar Hotel at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino was part of a $1.5 billion expansion. Designed to resemble back-to-back guitars, complete with guitar faces and brightly lit strings, The Guitar Hotel reached 450 feet into the sky, outfitted with floor-to-ceiling glass panes.
The 24-hour rooftop fitness center at The Confidante Miami Beach has the proper motivation for you ("The time is now!") and some great content for your social media.
Poised in the storied 1914 property on Baltimores historic Recreation PierRec Pier as its known to localsSagamore Pendry Baltimore embodies the citys rich history, vibrant personality and harbor setting with character, inspiration and style.
The Beekman, a Thompson Hotels one-of-a-kind architecture immediately captivates guests. The hotels nine-story atrium, capped by pyramidal skylight, illuminates the hotel from within.
Last year's runner-up, Viceroy Los Cabos takes the No. 1 seed for theCentral and South America and the Caribbean bracket. Thestriking contemporary architecture and design is Instagram gold.
Looking for the best Instagram content at Grand Isle Resort in the Bahamas? The day beds and cabanas at 23 North Beach Club are just the spot.
At Tierra Atacama, all guestroomsoverlook the Andes Mountain range,nearby volcanoes and uninterrupted views of Atacama. And how about that pool?
The blue-green tiling at the adults pool; the white cabanas and architecture; the palms treesit all works at Las Hadas by Brisas.
Anguillas Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection is fresh off amultimillion dollar enhancement.One Instagrammable space is thecascading infinity pool that seems to drop off into the sea belowwe love the pops of yellow.
Set along a ridge with views of the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, Guana Island offers a quintessential island hideaway experience.
Located in the Arenal Volcano National Park in Costa Rica, Nayara Tented Camp's 21 accommodations have been built at a higher altitude on the hillside to provide unobstructed views of the volcano.Let's not forget the private plunge pools!
El Gabinete Del Barco is the indigenous gallery atSolaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos features regional artifacts, including thesuspended skeleton of a 43-foot-long grey whale. Woah!
At Azulik Resort in Tulum, guest must cross a swing bridge to enter the Bridges of Tseen Ja restaurant, which serves Mexician-Japanese fusion. It's also great for the 'Gram.
TheOne Bedroom Pool Suite Terrace at the Rosewood Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands is a quintessential beach shotpool, beach, palm trees!
Grab a pic ofThe Leap of Faith at Atlantis, Paradise Island. Guests drop down the 60-foot slidefrom the top of the iconic Mayan Temple through a clear tunnel submerged in a lagoon filled with marine life.
Loungers at the adults pool at Nizuc Resort & Spa are sure to be a hit on social media. Throughout, the resortfuses Asian architectural forms with Mexican materials and Mayan iconography.
Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica inthe Peruvian Amazonis home to theCanopy Walkway, a bridge system suspended 98 feet above the ground, which leads to theCanopy Tree House, a remote cabin.
Talk about a unique offering:Surrounded by lush sub-tropical jungle, the Hol Be Spa at Hacienda Temozon, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Temozon Sur offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere where you can distance yourself from the outside world.
Explora Patagonia is located at the center of the Torres del Paine National Park, in the heart of Patagonia, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. On the shores of Lake Peho, it has breathtaking views of the Paine ridge and the granite towers.
Palmaa - The House of AA is a wellness retreat in the Riviera Maya. Connect with nature (and your Instagram followers) atAtlantis: Spa in the Jungle.
We're a fan of bathtubs. The black and white marble bathrooms in theGrands Appartements ofHtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel earn the hotel a No. 1 seed for the Europe bracket.
At the top of Monte Mario, high above Rome there is a verdant green park, where allepo pines, palms and pools refreshand then there's this buzzworthy Jacuzzi at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
Set on a hilltop above Ornos Bay and just under two miles from Mykonos town, Kalesma Mykonosaccommodations are spread across five acres and each has unobstructed lookouts from its private patio, as well as a full-sized personal heated pool.
The top spot for an Instagram photoshoot at Hotel Hassler Roma isfrom the private terrace of the Penthouse Suite. Love the views of the city!
Guests can savor Michelin-starred seafood fare at Le Agavi, while taking in unparalleled views of the Positano cliffside and azure Gulf of Salerno.
Located under the shadow of Budapests iconic St. Stephens Basilica on the Pest side of the Danube, Aria Hotel Budapests High Note SkyBar serves curated cocktails with 360-degree city views. We also love the piano-inspired art in the lobby below.
Take in views of the Aegean Sea, some other Cyclades and whitewashed buildingsfrom your privatepool terrace at Katikies Santorini. Just be sure to grab a pic for your social media.
Tivoli Carvoeiro Algarve Resort is a cliffside location overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Portugal. The pool deck is our favorite shot.
Every inch of Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo is Instagram goldbeginning with the hotels palace-like exterior that greets guests upon arrival.
Hotel Barrire Le Fouquets offers Instagram-worthy photo opps galore from Le Joy's lush green patio overflowing with fresh flowers in full bloom.
At the brand-new nhow Amsterdam RAI hotel, eye-catching explosion of colorful design details pleading for Instagram-capturing. Yes, please!
Lough Eske Castle is located just outside Donegal Town in Northwest Ireland. Nestled within 43-acres of forest woodland and hugging the shores of Lough Eske, the castle is ideal for capturing an Instagram shot that makes you feel like royalty.
Step back in time at IrelandsDromoland Castle. Think: Cozy spaces,evenings spent by the fire, brisk walks through the countryside and great content for your Insta-feed.
The new Sky Bar by SEEN at Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Lisboa offers views St. Jorge's Castle, the River Tagus, the Arrbida Mountains and the Lisbon skyline. Pretty good stuff!
The La Corte pools are enchanting oases at Borgo Egnazia for the crystal-clear waters, local white stoneand Mediterranean gardens. Happy Instagramming!
Take in impressiveviews of the Swiss Alps, from the indoor poolrubber duck includedatKulm Hotel St. Moritz, which datesfrom the 19th century.
Last year's champion!Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantarais Insta-gold, even from its Entrance Archway.
Set within a natural amphitheater shaped by the vertical cliffs of Devil's Peak and Lion's Head sits Cape Town. An enviable spot in the city's fashionable Victoria & Alfred Waterfrontis One&Only Cape Town, with views of Table Mountain.
The rooftop pool at Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel areenvy-inducing for its vantage point over the city skyline and Chao Phraya River.
The Silo in Cape Town, South Africa, a total Instagram darling. Our favorite spot is theRoyal Suite Bathroom.
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort is located on a dramatic cliffside over the Indian Ocean. Terraced architecture ensures ocean viewsand great photosfrom every angle.
Situated on private beachfront along Jumeirah Beach overlooking The Palm Island Bay, One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai's best shot might be of the illuminatedcity that serves as the hotel's backdropgeran.
At resort village Hoshinoya Bali,guests canindulge in a breakfast picnic in the Caf Gazebo in the sky. Situated in lush, jungle green hills overlooking the Pakersan river, Hoshinoya Bali is ideal for guests seeking harmony and relaxation from the moment they step onto the property.
A photographpeering down one of Raffles Singapore'siconic verandah corridor is sure to be a hit with your followers.
Boutique hot springs ryokan KAI Sengokuhara, managed by Hoshino Resorts, offers Instagram-worthy moments around every corner. The best views are from your private onsen with views Mount Kintoki and forests.
Opened in 1923, La Mamounia has been symbolic of traditional Moroccan hospitality and a classic example of the great age of grand hotels.We love the black and white marble.
At Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort,spend the night observing Thailands elephants in their natural habitat while sleeping in unique transparent, fully equipped luxury jungle bubbles in the jungles of Thailand.
A highlight at Atlantis, The Palm? How aboutthe 32-foot Dale Chihuly sculpture in the Grand Lobby to Lost Chambers Aquarium, where guests can enjoy an underwater yoga class amongst 60,000 marine animals.
Surrounded by the clear waters of the Indian Ocean,One&Only Le Saint Gran is an iconic embodiment of Mauritius. The top Instagram spot on property is obviously the cabanas.
Club 53 at Rosewood Hong Konghas a range of full-service offerings for guests, but the highlight is thestunning marble indoor pool with views over the city and harbor.
Situated in Vietnam, Melia Ho Tram Beach Resort's most Instagrammable spot would have to be The Level Pool with its picture-perfect cabanas.
Nepal Cancels Spring Mountain Climbing Season Due to Virus
Alaska Cruise Season Takes a Hit With Canada Cruise Ship Ban
U.S. Resorts Close as Result of CDC Coronavirus Recommendations
ASTA Commends Suppliers for Amending Commission Practices
- In Congress, a New Bill Asks for Mass Survey of Blockchain Technology in the US - Cointelegraph - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Technology market worldwide is projected to grow by US$14.3 Billion - GlobeNewswire - May 21st, 2020
- Full Court WordPress: Coil Deal Boosts Functional Blockchain And XRP - Forbes - May 21st, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency - SupplyChainBrain - May 21st, 2020
- Covid-19 Might Be the Best Thing To Happen to the Blockchain Industry - CTech - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain flashback: Legislative issues unchanged in time of coronavirus - Roll Call - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Last Day of Consensus, Will Crypto Save the Internet? - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: What You Need to Know About the Last Day of Consensus: Distributed - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Corona SeroStatus App Launches, Leverages Blockchain and Testing to Offer a Pathway to Reopen Economies While Protecting User Privacy - PR Web - May 21st, 2020
- New COVID-19 Antibody Test Platform Combines Antibody Testing and Blockchain Technology - HospiMedica - May 21st, 2020
- Travel startups look to find new stars among the industry-wide layoffs - PhocusWire - May 19th, 2020
- These 10 video games will satisfy your wanderlust - USA Today 10Best - May 19th, 2020
- Travel will never be the same, thanks to COVID-19 - Global News - May 19th, 2020
- Key dates: When will destinations around the world reopen to tourism? - Telegraph.co.uk - May 19th, 2020
- Trump administration to extend border and travel restrictions related to coronavirus - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- WTTC welcomes European Commission guidelines to safely restart Travel & Tourism in Europe in 2020 and beyond - Hospitality Net - May 19th, 2020
- Special deals and domestic travel: 'The world has shrunk, but not necessarily in a bad way' - The Guardian - May 19th, 2020
- Endangered species may be yet another virus victim - The Japan Times - May 19th, 2020
- Travel restrictions live: Lift holiday ban before planning 'air bridges', Government urged - The Telegraph - May 19th, 2020
- 2020 is a catastrophe for tourism businesses. Here's what the industry needs to get back on its feet - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Noma, one of the world's best restaurants, to return as a wine bar - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Dream Vacations, CruiseOne and Cruises Inc. adapt to current environment with enhanced support - Travel Daily News International - May 19th, 2020
- Enhancing our mission of beauty innovation for a better world Shiseido becomes Platinum Partner for Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo - The... - May 19th, 2020
- Aviation industry opens up slowly, and steadily - Times of India - May 19th, 2020
- Goldman Sachs warns jet fuel demand may never fully recover from the crisis - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Travel changed after 9/11; Here's how it will look after the Covid-19 pandemic finally recedes - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- 5 charts show which travel sectors were worst hit by the coronavirus - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- When will we start traveling again? Here's what experts are saying - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- World tourism faces worst crisis since records began, says UNWTO - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Greece could be one of the first countries that welcomes tourists after coronavirus shutdown - Greek City Times - May 11th, 2020
- WTTC launches urgent appeal to support the African travel and tourism sector - ITIJ - May 11th, 2020
- World Travel & Tourism Council believes international holidaymakers could return to Spain this summer given huge interest from Brits & Germans... - May 11th, 2020
- Dreaming of the deeps: World's most epic scuba diving destinations - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- EHang Joins Hands with LN Holdings in Building the World's First "UAM" Theme Hotel - GlobeNewswire - May 11th, 2020
- Abu Dhabi bets on virtual events to revive tourism - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- Travel from New York City seeded wave of U.S. outbreaks - Seattle Times - May 11th, 2020
- The UAE has Offered to Host the IPL Reveals BCCI - Essentially Sports - May 11th, 2020
- Pursuing goats and getting stuck in the Arabian desert - Jewish News - May 11th, 2020
- Anger as Italy slowly emerges from long Covid-19 lockdown - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Putting the economy back together again: What the future holds for Americans - CNBC - May 3rd, 2020
- While at Home, Lets Color the World - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- If Australia and New Zealand restart travel, they should include the Pacific in their bubble - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Animal Crossing replaced my real-life vacation, and that's OK - Tom's Guide - May 3rd, 2020
- Cuban Travel : 5 Tips That Will Make Your Trip To Cuba Easy - CEOWORLD magazine - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus live news: Russia and Afghanistan announce their biggest rises in cases - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The imaginary American town that became a tourist attraction - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel to a land of sun and dust with The Leopard - The Economist - May 3rd, 2020
- Outlook for Disney World and Disneyland reopenings: What will it be like? And when will parks be running? - CNN - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: How future travel is going to be so different - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- Daily Distraction: Travel the world without leaving your house - The Next Web - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: Why expensive airline fares and airport health checks could become the norm - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- No fly zone: will Race Across the World be the last travel TV of its kind? - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Miss air travel? Heres a selection of the best boarding music in the world - A Journal of Musical Things - May 3rd, 2020
- A trip around the world through local radio stations - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel with your taste buds recipes from around the world by Britain's top chefs - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- Gudrid Thorbjarnardttir the woman who found the New World 500 years before Columbus - The Guardian - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC thanks all those in the travel & tourism sector - Arabian Industry - April 19th, 2020
- Three cataclysmic events have changed travel forever this will be the fourth - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC: Travel & Tourism Sector Key for Economic Recovery in the Americas - Hotel Business - April 19th, 2020
- We can all be inspired by thoughts of future travel - The Voice Online - April 19th, 2020
- Inside the creepy abandoned US theme park used to film Jurassic World and Planet of the Apes - The Sun - April 19th, 2020
- Vaccination cards and seat spacing: Air travel in a post-coronavirus world could be vastly different, experts say - Stuff.co.nz - April 19th, 2020
- Cant Travel? Play These Games Instead During COVID-19 And Social Distancing - Forbes - March 21st, 2020
- Travel personalities reflect on how the coronavirus outbreak has changed their world - The Messenger - March 21st, 2020
- Remote Year, which helps you work while traveling the world, lays off 50% of staff - TechCrunch - March 21st, 2020
- WhatsApp Is at the Center of Coronavirus Response - WIRED - March 21st, 2020
- World's most expensive cities to live in - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- UK travel industry urges government action to forestall collapse of businesses - The Guardian - March 21st, 2020
- We can't travel, but we can take measures to preserve jobs in the tourism industry - World Bank Group - March 21st, 2020
- It's Hard to Believe How Empty the World's Top Tourist Destinations Are Due to Coronavirus Until You See These Photos - Travel+Leisure - March 21st, 2020
- Global action vital to save world's tourism industry: Saudi minister - Arabnews - March 21st, 2020
- 16 Of The Cheapest Travel Destinations Around The World - World Atlas - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus bailout: Airlines are asking the US government for $50 billion in aid - Vox.com - March 21st, 2020
- When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? - Cruise Critic - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus: April could be a month with almost zero flights as airlines axe more routes - The Independent - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus canceled this family's Disney trip. They made better memories at home - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- During a pandemic, what does being the world's happiest country mean? - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- Round 2: The Most Instagrammable Hotel In The World 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 21st, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: World Travel in the Time of Coronavirus - VOA News - March 17th, 2020
- More than 80 countries have imposed travel bans to curb the new coronavirus - The Economist - March 17th, 2020