"Art Basel is a multi-faceted, dazzling event that transforms Miami Beach each year and adds to the city's already storied reputation for art, culture and entertainment," says Steve Adkins, Chairman, Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). "As we edge closer to the Fair and the premiere of Miami Beach's satellite art fairs, the energy and buzz in the air is palpable. Miami Beach, which is like no other place in the world, continues to be the perfect city to host Art Basel, which is like no other art fair in the world."
In addition to the main Art Basel exhibition, dozens of prestigious art fairs will expose audiences to edgy, creative and original visual and performance art. Miami Beach welcomes this year's satellite fairs including:
Design Miami/: Since 2005, Design Miami/ has become a global forum for design. Each fair brings together influential collectors, gallerists, designers, curators and critics from around the world in celebration of collectible design, design culture and commerce. Located next to the Miami Beach Convention Center it is accessible and in the heart of the action.
PULSE Miami Beach: It's their 15th anniversary and PULSE Art Fair is dedicating this edition to experienced and budding art collectors. They are inviting visitors to experience the energy of stimulating art, balanced with cocktails in hammocks and engaging conversations with friends.
SCOPE Miami Beach: Celebrating its 19th edition, SCOPE Miami welcomes 134 diverse contemporary exhibitors featuring OASIS, an experiential multidisciplinary program as well as FOCUS | ART CHINA, the new premier showcase of Chinese Contemporary Art in Miami.
AquaArtMiami: In the past 14 years, Aqua Art Miami has become a destination for prominent collectors and art aficionados to procure works by young, emerging and mid-career artists.
Art Basel has also officially partnered with a number of local hotels, encouraging residents and visitors to take advantage of special accommodation rates.
"Beyond Art Basel, visitors to Miami Beach can choose from a varied number of fabulous hotels offering Art Basel-specific deals that are sure to enhance their experience with us," notes Grisette Roque Marcos, Executive Director, MBVCA. "Visitors can also check out the trendiest, buzziest restaurant and entertainment venues Miami Beach is famous for, when in town."
Located near the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC), these hotels have partnered with Art Basel and will offercompetitive rates during this year's edition. Official Hotel Partners include (but are not limited to):
Beacon South Beach,book early for Art Basel now through November 30, 2019 and receive 25% off an entire stay.
South Beach Group Hotels is offering 15% offwhen guests book 4-nights or more, between 12/3/2019 and 12/9/2019. Offer includes free late check-out and a possible room upgrade.
Cadet Hotel guests will receive a 7% discount off a total stay when booking directly. Use code BASEL19.
The Culinary scene on Miami Beach is a hot one and caters to a wide variety of tastes. These are some of the newest and trendiest restaurants to sample during Art Basel:
Sushi By BouTucked away on the second floor of The Villa Casa Casuarina, in Gianni Versace's former suite, is Sushi By Bou, an exclusive sushi bar bringing experiential omakase to South Beach.
Mandrake Miamiis a sophisticated restaurant and lounge with a modern Asian menu. Here, giant turquoise doors with antiquated Chinese door knockers lead the way to a hidden Asian palace. The 5,000-square-foot space has a sushi bar, a formal dining room and a lush outdoor garden.
Led by Chef Jose Icardi, Diez y Seisis an innovative Mexican concept in the Shore Club South Beach. This indoor-outdoor spot is a tribute to Mexican Independence Day. Diners can revel in tortillas made in-house, a specialty tequila and mezcal bar, custom mezcal carts, sharing plates and more.
For more information, download the Miami Beach app at http://www.miamibeachapi.com/ and follow @ExperienceMiamiBeachon Facebook, Instagram and@EMiamiBeachonTwitter.
ABOUT MIAMI BEACH Miami Beach is an award-winning destination, with first place in the 2019, 2018 and 2017 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the categories of 'Best Honeymoon Destination, U.S. & Canada', 'Best Tourism Board U.S. & Canada', and 'Best LGBTQ Destination'. Also recently named 2019 and 2018 North America's Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards, and a winner in the 2018 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of "Best Overall Honeymoon Destination in the United States and Canada", "Best Overall Beach Destination in the United States and Canada", and "Best Overall Spa Destination in the United States and Canada" respectively. Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination has been ranked by TripAdvisor as a Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destination, Top Romantic Destination, Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world! In 2019, the MBVCA introduced new handles on Instagram and Facebook @ExperienceMiamiBeach and on Twitter @EMiamiBeach to provide visitors with real-time information and recommendations.
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority
Read the original:
- 26 destinations that are reopening for travel this summer | Etcetera - Daily Hive - June 21st, 2020
- American Express Makes History With the First Black Woman on its Executive Committee - Black Enterprise - June 21st, 2020
- Which international destinations are reopening to tourists? - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Boom in all-inclusive holidays as skiers look for security and luxury in post-pandemic world - Telegraph.co.uk - June 21st, 2020
- Tony Robinson takes house-bound viewers Around The World By Train - Stuff.co.nz - June 21st, 2020
- Experiential Travels Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2025 - Jewish Life News - June 21st, 2020
- The end of tourism? | Travel - The Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- Paddling the river of mirrors: 'The spot to head if you need to leave the world behind' - The Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- What happened on Santorini when the tourism 'machine' stopped - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Take a virtual tour to any place around the world and earn $1000 as award - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- For tourism, here is an Incredible India 2.0 plan - Hindustan Times - June 21st, 2020
- Foreign holidays 'to restart on July 4' - The Telegraph - June 21st, 2020
- Space tourism firm Space Perspective will send passengers into the stratosphere aboard giant balloon from 2024 - The Sun - June 21st, 2020
- Ensure the tray table is up and your mask on: air travel in the era of COVID-19 - CityNews Edmonton - June 21st, 2020
- Travel, Tourism & Hospitality The future of tourism in the Americas - Travel & Tourism News Middle East - June 21st, 2020
- Into the Wild bus removed from the Alaskan wild, citing safety issues - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- More than a 66-million-year-old egg found in Antarctica, scientists finally resolve the mystery behind 'The Thing' - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- Go on a treasure hunt of the trolls in Copenhagen - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- In Congress, a New Bill Asks for Mass Survey of Blockchain Technology in the US - Cointelegraph - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Technology market worldwide is projected to grow by US$14.3 Billion - GlobeNewswire - May 21st, 2020
- Full Court WordPress: Coil Deal Boosts Functional Blockchain And XRP - Forbes - May 21st, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency - SupplyChainBrain - May 21st, 2020
- Covid-19 Might Be the Best Thing To Happen to the Blockchain Industry - CTech - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain flashback: Legislative issues unchanged in time of coronavirus - Roll Call - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Last Day of Consensus, Will Crypto Save the Internet? - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: What You Need to Know About the Last Day of Consensus: Distributed - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Corona SeroStatus App Launches, Leverages Blockchain and Testing to Offer a Pathway to Reopen Economies While Protecting User Privacy - PR Web - May 21st, 2020
- New COVID-19 Antibody Test Platform Combines Antibody Testing and Blockchain Technology - HospiMedica - May 21st, 2020
- Travel startups look to find new stars among the industry-wide layoffs - PhocusWire - May 19th, 2020
- These 10 video games will satisfy your wanderlust - USA Today 10Best - May 19th, 2020
- Travel will never be the same, thanks to COVID-19 - Global News - May 19th, 2020
- Key dates: When will destinations around the world reopen to tourism? - Telegraph.co.uk - May 19th, 2020
- Trump administration to extend border and travel restrictions related to coronavirus - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- WTTC welcomes European Commission guidelines to safely restart Travel & Tourism in Europe in 2020 and beyond - Hospitality Net - May 19th, 2020
- Special deals and domestic travel: 'The world has shrunk, but not necessarily in a bad way' - The Guardian - May 19th, 2020
- Endangered species may be yet another virus victim - The Japan Times - May 19th, 2020
- Travel restrictions live: Lift holiday ban before planning 'air bridges', Government urged - The Telegraph - May 19th, 2020
- 2020 is a catastrophe for tourism businesses. Here's what the industry needs to get back on its feet - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Noma, one of the world's best restaurants, to return as a wine bar - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Dream Vacations, CruiseOne and Cruises Inc. adapt to current environment with enhanced support - Travel Daily News International - May 19th, 2020
- Enhancing our mission of beauty innovation for a better world Shiseido becomes Platinum Partner for Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo - The... - May 19th, 2020
- Aviation industry opens up slowly, and steadily - Times of India - May 19th, 2020
- Goldman Sachs warns jet fuel demand may never fully recover from the crisis - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Travel changed after 9/11; Here's how it will look after the Covid-19 pandemic finally recedes - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- 5 charts show which travel sectors were worst hit by the coronavirus - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- When will we start traveling again? Here's what experts are saying - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- World tourism faces worst crisis since records began, says UNWTO - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Greece could be one of the first countries that welcomes tourists after coronavirus shutdown - Greek City Times - May 11th, 2020
- WTTC launches urgent appeal to support the African travel and tourism sector - ITIJ - May 11th, 2020
- World Travel & Tourism Council believes international holidaymakers could return to Spain this summer given huge interest from Brits & Germans... - May 11th, 2020
- Dreaming of the deeps: World's most epic scuba diving destinations - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- EHang Joins Hands with LN Holdings in Building the World's First "UAM" Theme Hotel - GlobeNewswire - May 11th, 2020
- Abu Dhabi bets on virtual events to revive tourism - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- Travel from New York City seeded wave of U.S. outbreaks - Seattle Times - May 11th, 2020
- The UAE has Offered to Host the IPL Reveals BCCI - Essentially Sports - May 11th, 2020
- Pursuing goats and getting stuck in the Arabian desert - Jewish News - May 11th, 2020
- Anger as Italy slowly emerges from long Covid-19 lockdown - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Putting the economy back together again: What the future holds for Americans - CNBC - May 3rd, 2020
- While at Home, Lets Color the World - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- If Australia and New Zealand restart travel, they should include the Pacific in their bubble - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Animal Crossing replaced my real-life vacation, and that's OK - Tom's Guide - May 3rd, 2020
- Cuban Travel : 5 Tips That Will Make Your Trip To Cuba Easy - CEOWORLD magazine - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus live news: Russia and Afghanistan announce their biggest rises in cases - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The imaginary American town that became a tourist attraction - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel to a land of sun and dust with The Leopard - The Economist - May 3rd, 2020
- Outlook for Disney World and Disneyland reopenings: What will it be like? And when will parks be running? - CNN - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: How future travel is going to be so different - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- Daily Distraction: Travel the world without leaving your house - The Next Web - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: Why expensive airline fares and airport health checks could become the norm - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- No fly zone: will Race Across the World be the last travel TV of its kind? - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Miss air travel? Heres a selection of the best boarding music in the world - A Journal of Musical Things - May 3rd, 2020
- A trip around the world through local radio stations - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel with your taste buds recipes from around the world by Britain's top chefs - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- Gudrid Thorbjarnardttir the woman who found the New World 500 years before Columbus - The Guardian - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC thanks all those in the travel & tourism sector - Arabian Industry - April 19th, 2020
- Three cataclysmic events have changed travel forever this will be the fourth - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC: Travel & Tourism Sector Key for Economic Recovery in the Americas - Hotel Business - April 19th, 2020
- We can all be inspired by thoughts of future travel - The Voice Online - April 19th, 2020
- Inside the creepy abandoned US theme park used to film Jurassic World and Planet of the Apes - The Sun - April 19th, 2020
- Vaccination cards and seat spacing: Air travel in a post-coronavirus world could be vastly different, experts say - Stuff.co.nz - April 19th, 2020