Home MCEC supports social housing
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
MCEC is proud to acknowledge their long-standing relationship with Launch Housing this National Homelessness Week taking place from August 1-7, aiming to raise awareness of homelessness in Australia and the importance of social housing as a long-term solution.
As two organisations that are proudly Melbourne, MCECs collaboration with Launch Housing provides opportunity for people experiencing homelessness through workplace giving, in kind support, fundraising initiatives and an At-Risk Youth Employment Program.
Although MCEC has been a long-term supporter of Launch Housing, last year MCEC signed a formal three-year partnership, marking MCECs official and ongoing commitment to their vital work. Were already seen the benefits of this partnership with MCEC employing three people in 2022 as part of the Launch Housing Youth Foyers Program.
There is a longstanding history between MCEC and Launch Housing. The land that our buildings stand on today was home to Hanovers New Gordon House from 1976-1994 (a proud precursor to Launch Housing.)
This year, Launch Housings theme for National Homelessness Week is a safe home for every child, as sadly there over 19,000 children aged 0-14 who are homeless in Australia on any given night.
Launch Housing is pioneering early interventions to build brighter futures for children, giving them the safety and security of a home, access to support services, and removing barriers to education.
Over 18,000 children aged 0-14 were assisted by Launch Housing and other Specialist Homelessness Organisations in Victoria in 2020-21, and this week, they are launching an Australian-first supportive housing initiative, providing 60 permanent homes for women and children at risk of homelessness.
MCEC acting CEO, Helen Fairclough said the partnership between Launch Housing and MCEC is one of crucial importance.
Homelessness is an issue we cant ignore in Melbourne, and being in the heart of the city, MCEC is passionate about playing its part in helping.
MCEC is committed to assisting with funds and resources to help Launch Housing reach those who need help the most in our community.
Chief Executive Launch Housing, Bevan Warner said Launch Housing is an independent community organisation passionately committed to ending homelessness in Melbourne.
By combining direct action with advocacy, research, and innovation, theyre driving meaningful and widespread change and creating achievable solutions to end Melbournes homelessness crisis.
They provide life-changing housing, support, education and employment services to thousands of vulnerable Victorians experiencing the trauma of homelessness.
Back to Page
Here is the original post:
- There's Something Strange About How These Stars Are Moving, Scientists Say - November 4th, 2022
- This Deepfake AI Singing Dolly Parton's "Jolene" Is Worryingly Good - November 4th, 2022
- Manslaughter Case Has a Strange Twist: Tesla That Killed Couple Was on Autopilot - November 4th, 2022
- Greta Thunberg Says UN Climate Conference Is a Scam and She's Not Attending - November 4th, 2022
- NASA Sets Launch Date for Mission to $10 Quintillion Asteroid - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Use Actual Lunar Soil Sample to Create Rocket Fuel - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Found a Way to Control How High Mice Got on Cocaine - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Spot "Stripped, Pulsating Core" of Star Caused By Horrific Accident - November 4th, 2022
- Twitter Working on Plan to Charge Users to Watch Videos - November 4th, 2022
- Huge Drone Swarm to Form Giant Advertisement Over NYC Skyline - November 4th, 2022
- US Gov to Crack Down on "Bossware" That Spies On Employees' Computers - November 4th, 2022
- Elon Musk Meeting With Advertisers, Begging Them Not to Leave Twitter - November 4th, 2022
- Cats May Be Tampering With Crime Scenes, Scientists Say - November 4th, 2022
- China Plans to Send Monkeys to Space Station to Have Sex With Each Other - November 4th, 2022
- Hackers Just Took Down One of the World's Most Advanced Telescopes - November 4th, 2022
- Chinese Spaceplane Releases Mystery Object Into Orbit - November 4th, 2022
- AOC Says Her Twitter Account Broke After She Made Fun of Elon Musk - November 4th, 2022
- That "Research" About How Smartphones Are Causing Deformed Human Bodies Is SEO Spam, You Idiots - November 4th, 2022
- Jeff Bezos' Housekeeper Says She Had to Climb Out the Window to Use the Bathroom - November 4th, 2022
- Gov. Edwards and Economic Development Officials to Travel to Netherlands and France to Further Develop Water Management and Economic Partnerships -... - August 5th, 2022
- Traveler Story: Travel And Culture With Doctor And World Traveler Road2Culturedom - Travel Noire - August 5th, 2022
- Increasing Launch of Travel Apps to Boost the U.S and - GlobeNewswire - August 5th, 2022
- Mt. Vernon students travel to Scotland for world's largest theatre festival - MDJOnline.com - August 5th, 2022
- Why Montego Bay Is The Trendiest Destination For 2022 - Travel Off Path - August 5th, 2022
- Some UAE tourists are looking for alternatives - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- Spain sees 7.5 million visitors arrival in June - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- CDFG President Charles Chen to address The Trinity Forum in Singapore as L'Oral Travel Retail becomes Platinum Partner : The Moodie Davitt Report -... - August 5th, 2022
- Series of flight cancellations, but why at all? - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- How Heat Waves are Changing Tourism in Europe - The New York Times - August 5th, 2022
- MATTA announces Penang as MATTA online official partner - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- Cannabis cafe welcomes tourists in Thailand - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre welcomes the first ever Australian DragExpo - Travel And Tour World - August 5th, 2022
- Atlanta named one of the best travel destinations in the world for 2022 - FOX 5 Atlanta - November 13th, 2021
- Hilton Doha honoured by World Travel Awards - Breaking Travel News - November 13th, 2021
- International travel will get easier, but restrictions will remain - The Economist - November 13th, 2021
- An emotional journey: Families reunite in U.S. with tears, balloons as COVID travel ban ends - Reuters - November 13th, 2021
- Global travel insurance market could be worth $35 billion by 2027 - ITIJ - November 13th, 2021
- Reading your way around the world with a difference - Sydney Morning Herald - November 13th, 2021
- As the Biden Administration Lifts Travel Bans on Visitors to the U.S., Museums Hope It Will Boost Lagging Attendance - artnet News - November 13th, 2021
- Maryville College freshmen travel 'Around the World in 50 Minutes' - Maryville Daily Times - November 13th, 2021
- Train travel can be as quick, cheap and easy to book as flights. Here's how to get onboard. - Euronews - November 13th, 2021
- Seeing the World Through a Grain of Rice - The New York Times - November 13th, 2021
- World Travel Holdings Offering Up to $1 Million in Commercial Loans to its Network of Travel Agency Franchise Owners as Part of a Financial Assistance... - February 17th, 2021
- World Travel: An Irreverent Guide, Anthony Bourdains last, posthumous book, to be released on April 20 - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 17th, 2021
- Anthony Bourdains Posthumous Travel Guide Will Be Available This Spring - Delish - February 17th, 2021
- Steamboat cross-country skiers travel to closed-down Finland for World Junior Championships - Steamboat Pilot and Today - February 17th, 2021
- Showing Girls the World With Travel, Service & Media - WMUK - February 17th, 2021
- Travel The World With Wine, No Passport Necessary: New Zealand Edition - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Apples official World Travel Adapter Kit returns to Amazon low of $25 - 9to5Toys - February 17th, 2021
- Colombia was accepted into the World Travel and Tourism Council - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Uzakrota Global Travel Awards has announced the global winners for the Travel and Tourism industry - 2020 - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Animal Crossing Players Are Using Gulliver Items in SUPER Creative Builds - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Around the world with Ryan Jacobson: Westerly native's travel memoir takes readers to 12 countries - The Westerly Sun - February 17th, 2021
- Leisure Travel Market: What most excites you about the possibilities/opportunities hidden within industrial data? KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 17th, 2021
- The age of the wheelie-bag - What will travel look like after the pandemic? | Special report - The Economist - February 17th, 2021
- Hope on the horizon: Global tourism body calls for end to travel bans - The South African - February 17th, 2021
- ITB Berlin NOW: Tours and activities as a way out of the crisis - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- One Billion Fewer International Arrivals Make 2020 Worst Year in Tourism Industry - SchengenVisaInfo.com - SchengenVisaInfo.com - February 10th, 2021
- International Tourism back to 48%, 74% or 96% in 2023? - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- The Nevisian Kiss on the Island of Love - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- Will Vaccines Be Required in Cruising and How Will that Impact Sales? - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- Disjointed restrictions are tripping up a travel recovery and it may be getting worse - The Dallas Morning News - February 10th, 2021
- WTTC Says Governments Should Abandon The Concept Of 'High-Risk Countries' And Instead Focus On 'High-Risk Travellers' - Hospitality Net - February 10th, 2021
- Travel in a "Post-Covid-19" World and How Businesses are Preparing for it - ChicagoNow - February 10th, 2021
- CHTA: Economic Survival Tied to Health Safety and Responsible Tourism - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- 53 Black founders and investors to watch in 2021 - PitchBook News & Analysis - February 10th, 2021
- The biggest post-pandemic challenge in travel - Travel Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Sharify makes it super simple to rediscover your citys social side - TechCrunch - February 10th, 2021
- Universal teams with Big Hit and YG Entertainment to invest in global live-streaming platform - Music Business Worldwide - February 10th, 2021
- Around the globe, virus cancels spring travel for millions - The Associated Press - February 10th, 2021
- The Langham Hotels in the US and UK get top recognition - Travel & Tourism News Middle East - February 10th, 2021
- Salesforce declares the 9-to-5 workday dead, will let some employees work remotely from now on - The Verge - February 10th, 2021
- Hotel openings around the world, Travel News & Top Stories - The Straits Times - January 5th, 2021
- 16 Really Good Things That Happened in the Travel World in 2020 - Hospitality Net - January 5th, 2021
- A Mass. beach just ranked among the top 25 island beaches in the world - Boston.com - January 5th, 2021
- Jim Cramer: 10 Investment Themes I Like in 2021 - RealMoney - January 5th, 2021
- Travel 2021: What will be on the itinerary once vaccination opens up the world? - The Financial Express - January 5th, 2021
- Travel to New Zealand during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- Playing the Green Lottery: Life Inside Colombias Emerald Mines - The New York Times - January 5th, 2021
- Traveling to Spain during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021