A CORNISH couple converted their 1,000 minivan into a cosy home to travel the world in.
They have lived out of their tiny vehicle while visiting 25 countries - surviving on just 20 a day.
Ben Fuery, 26 and Lucy Pinell, 24, from Hayle, Cornwall spent 10 months and 5000 transforming their 2002 LVD Convoy.
They have decorated their van with items from their trip - Indian sheets, a handwoven rug from Greece, a Mexican blanket on the bed and Thai elephant patterned curtains.
Ben used to work as a chef and Lucy used to run her own Airbnb but now work on the road as photographers and filmmakers.
Lucy said: Ben wanted to visit the Middle East and I have always wanted to see more of Europe- wed both always fancied the idea of owning and travelling in a van so it was only a matter of time until our ideas came together and we ended up buying a van.
The conversion wasnt easy as we knew basically nothing about DIY and the van wed bought was rusty, leaky and covered in tie dye spray paint, so every process was a learning curve.
As money was tight we used a lot of reclaimed and upcycled materials such as pallet wood, coffee sacks, scraps of plywood and driftwood for decoration.
Our life on the road to us feels like we are living our real lives, doing what we want to be doing and pursuing our passions, whereas when were back in the UK it feels like our lives are on hold while we save up money for the next trip.
Living in a van also enables us to save money quicker when were working, as we have no electric, water or council tax bills to pay, just diesel for the tank- all of our power is generated by solar or when driving, and we fill up our water tanks from taps or springs.
Things dont always go smoothly, though; theres always things to fix, engine maintenance to be done, and a lot of cleaning and tidying, but these are all fair trade-offs for a life on the road.
The pair are going back to their hometown to work over the summer and save some money and then they are back on the road.
They have travelled to 25 countries so far, across Europe, as East as Ukraine and as far South as Greece.
Their van has enabled them to live completely off the grid as it has a gas oven and cooker, heating and hot water, a shower, a fridge and a toilet, a solar panel on the roof, leisure batteries and big water tanks.
Their next trip will be a seven month road trip across the Balkans, including 13 countries in between and after that they will heading to Asia.
SICK JOKER Russell Howard slammed by mum for mocking disabled daughter's 40k access ramp
'APOCALYPTIC' Two dead as Venice hit by 2nd-worst floods ever sparking state of disaster
HARRY'S NO-HO-HO Harry and Meghan WON'T join the Queen for Christmas so they can 'recharge'
'PREYED ON' Primark guard raped & made girls, 15, perform sex acts as shoplift 'punishment'
IT CURED BE YOU! Mum gets all-clear from cancer & 10 minutes later wins 1m on EuroMillions
GEARED FOR WAR Corbyn plans huge fuel price hikes to force drivers to slash 60% of journeys
They added: Our van has taken us to places we couldve never imagined an LDV minibus would go and she continues to be our reliable companion on this journey.
For us, challenge is what makes life worth living, a chance to push ourselves further and build character, and although we dont always appreciate it when a situation goes wrong we always come out the other side stronger and wiser.
Our aim is to continue travelling the world, telling the stories of the people we meet and working remotely to fund our lifestyle, and as such we have big ambitions for our lives."
The rest is here:
- Travel-Awards.Org to Host the Virtual Conference World Travel Summit 2020, Under the Theme "Travel - In The New Normal" - PRNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Phillys Four Seasons Spa Was Just Named One of the Best in the World - Philadelphia magazine - September 4th, 2020
- Attend a Live, Interactive Virtual Oktoberfest Celebration This Year - TravelPulse - September 4th, 2020
- So you had a terrible vacation. Whose fault is that: The airline's? The hotel's? Or yours? - USA TODAY - September 4th, 2020
- It's a new world of travel in MLS for the Galaxy and LAFC - Los Angeles Times - September 4th, 2020
- Staycationers are saving hotels and Airbnb from covid-19 - The Economist - September 4th, 2020
- Cerabino: In world of COVID-19 precautions, it's Florida, not Canada, that should be advocating solo sex - Palm Beach Post - September 4th, 2020
- LCCs the right model for post-Covid world; recovery is not near, but out of creative destruction may emerge new entities - Web In Travel - September 4th, 2020
- Thailand managed 101 days without local coronavirus cases. Will it open borders soon? - CNN - September 4th, 2020
- Travel The World From Your Living Room With The New Technogym Bike - Forbes - September 4th, 2020
- Africa Travel Week focuses on creating opportunities for the industry this Tourism Month - Travel Daily News International - September 4th, 2020
- Villas of Distinction offers white-label partnerships to Travel Agencies - Travel Daily News International - September 4th, 2020
- Cruise Ships Are the Cleanest Travel Environments - TravelPulse - September 4th, 2020
- World Travel Awards 2020: The Best New Luxury Hotels And Resorts In Europe - Forbes - September 2nd, 2020
- Move Over, Sustainable Travel. Regenerative Travel Has Arrived. - The New York Times - September 2nd, 2020
- Travel COVID Safe Accreditation Group Launches The Most Rigorous Three-Point Inspection Health Certification For The Travel And Tourism Industry - PR... - September 2nd, 2020
- Louis Vuitton Parfums Explores Out of This World Travel With New "Mtore" Fragrance - HYPEBEAST - September 2nd, 2020
- Letters to the editor Sept. 2, 2020 | Letters To Editor - goskagit.com - September 2nd, 2020
- 6 numbers to know about the greatest short courses in the world - Golf.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Mike Fox introduces a travel book narrating his wife's treatment for Parkinson's disease in Italy - GlobeNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Column: Reflections of columns and world travel - Current in Carmel - August 24th, 2020
- Aretha Franklin memorialized with section of Lodge Freeway - The Detroit News - August 24th, 2020
- Roaming Through Lanzarotes Otherworldly Vineyards - The New York Times - August 24th, 2020
- Shares in Accor and IHG rise on merger speculation a combination would create the worlds biggest hotel group - MarketWatch - August 24th, 2020
- Japan to open world's second 'Making of Harry Potter' attraction - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- The Japanese village that cooks in a hot spring - BBC News - August 24th, 2020
- Bulgaria: Wild majesty in one of Europe's oldest countries - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- Ernest White II launched a travel show during the pandemic. He says its message is more relevant now than ever - San Francisco Chronicle - August 24th, 2020
- Travel - Why are the Dutch so tall? - BBC News - August 24th, 2020
- How COVID-19 could affect business travel and the aviation industry - World Economic Forum - August 24th, 2020
- Tourism in 2020 and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Signs of Recovery Within the Domestic Tourism Sector - PRNewswire - August 24th, 2020
- In China, Where the Coronavirus Pandemic Began, Life Is Starting to Look Normal - The New York Times - August 24th, 2020
- Here are the Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 Mid-Atlantic Finalists - WashingtonExec - August 24th, 2020
- Opinion/McCord: Reflections of a privileged white traveler - Seacoastonline.com - August 24th, 2020
- Fans crowd into an indoor concert in experiment on how to return to normality - CNN - August 24th, 2020
- Covid robs tourism by the billion - TTR Weekly - August 24th, 2020
- WebBeds world's top bed bank post-COVID? That's the Webjet plan - Travel Trends - August 24th, 2020
- Germany issues travel warning for Paris and Cote d'Azur as it happened - The Guardian - August 24th, 2020
- Outbound Travel Service Market is Projected to Expand at a Steady CAGR over the Forecast by 2025 - The News Brok - August 24th, 2020
- Coronavirus hasn't stopped me from quitting my job to backpack around the world - New York Post - August 16th, 2020
- Mothers, Babies Stranded in Ukraine Surrogacy Industry - The New York Times - August 16th, 2020
- On the Shores of Cape Cod, Where the Oyster Is Their World - The New York Times - August 16th, 2020
- Inside the exclusive world of luxury RV travel in America - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 16th, 2020
- 3-year-old 'Captain Carson' learning about life while traveling world with mom - WFAA.com - August 16th, 2020
- Why is Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport the busiest in the world right now? - Happytrips - August 16th, 2020
- As the World Shut Down, Travel Agents Went to Work - TravelPulse - August 16th, 2020
- World Online Travel Booking Platform Market 2020-2024: Increasing Consolidation of Online Travel Agencies a Key Driver - Benzinga - August 16th, 2020
- Tokyo has a drive-in haunted house. And it's terrifying - CNN - August 16th, 2020
- WTTC calls for leadership from Australian Government to save the Travel & Tourism sector - Australasian Leisure Management - August 16th, 2020
- Want to travel the world? Here's how to do that without leaving your homes - DAWN.com - August 16th, 2020
- Breaking Travel News investigates: If you do not self-regulate, others will make the rules for you - Breaking Travel News - August 16th, 2020
- World Market for Agritourism Set to Experience Moderate Growth to 2026: How COVID-19 Has Impacted the Industry - StartupNG - August 16th, 2020
- Nepal Is Reopening Everest for Tourists to Regain Lost Earnings. Will It Work? - VICE - August 16th, 2020
- Travelling along the long and winding road - Telegraph India - August 16th, 2020
- Rolls-Royce closing Virginia jet elements plant exactly where 280 do the job - SwordsToday.ie - August 16th, 2020
- Should You Get Tested For Coronavirus Before You Travel To Visit Family? : Shots - Health News - NPR - August 16th, 2020
- The future of travel: How tourism slowly recovers from the coronavirus pandemic - Minneapolis Star Tribune - August 10th, 2020
- Breaking Travel News investigates: A virtual tour of the Palm Jumeirah - Breaking Travel News - August 10th, 2020
- Travel restrictions force further IFA cutbacks - Mobile World Live - August 10th, 2020
- The only way to travel the world is to do our duty at home - The News Star - August 10th, 2020
- Younger clients ready to travel, and more from Virtuoso's Travel Week virtual event - Travelweek - August 10th, 2020
- France 'on the cliff-edge' of removal from UK safe travel list - The Guardian - August 10th, 2020
- Travel virtually anywhere in the world pandemic style - Yakima Herald-Republic - August 10th, 2020
- Around the world in traditional headdresses - Happytrips - August 10th, 2020
- Codie's Corner: Navigating the Ongoing Impact of Coronavirus - TravelPulse - August 10th, 2020
- Travel Watches - Watchmaking is motionless travel - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2020
- When will Disneyland reopen? COVID-19 surge keeps California theme parks in limbo - USA TODAY - August 10th, 2020
- Hays Travel staff put to work on Covid contact-tracing operation - The Guardian - August 10th, 2020
- Mask-wearing protocols and politics - Travel Weekly - August 10th, 2020
- TRMarketplace registration now officially open - TRBusiness - August 10th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean cruise worker may finally be sent home to Peru after 7 months of living in Florida hotels - Fox News - August 10th, 2020
- Battered travel industry urges UK to rethink Covid-19 quarantine policy - The Guardian - August 10th, 2020
- Travel to Europe's Best Cabinets of Curiosity - The Daily Beast - August 10th, 2020
- One pilot brings the world to Iceland - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- Indians are the most confident in world to travel post COVID-19 - Devdiscourse - August 10th, 2020
- Indians are the most confident in world to travel post Covid-19 - Livemint - August 10th, 2020
- WTTC says UK is heading to 'worst case scenario' threatening nearly three million Travel & Tourism jobs - Hospitality Net - August 10th, 2020
- More Than 17,000 People Sign Up to Hear from World-leading Medical, Epidemiology and Public Health Experts - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Can the world's oldest restaurant escape the pandemic's grasp? - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- Positive tests on small ship lines raise the question: Too soon? - Travel Weekly - August 10th, 2020