A CORNISH couple converted their 1,000 minivan into a cosy home to travel the world in.
They have lived out of their tiny vehicle while visiting 25 countries - surviving on just 20 a day.
Ben Fuery, 26 and Lucy Pinell, 24, from Hayle, Cornwall spent 10 months and 5000 transforming their 2002 LVD Convoy.
They have decorated their van with items from their trip - Indian sheets, a handwoven rug from Greece, a Mexican blanket on the bed and Thai elephant patterned curtains.
Ben used to work as a chef and Lucy used to run her own Airbnb but now work on the road as photographers and filmmakers.
Lucy said: Ben wanted to visit the Middle East and I have always wanted to see more of Europe- wed both always fancied the idea of owning and travelling in a van so it was only a matter of time until our ideas came together and we ended up buying a van.
The conversion wasnt easy as we knew basically nothing about DIY and the van wed bought was rusty, leaky and covered in tie dye spray paint, so every process was a learning curve.
As money was tight we used a lot of reclaimed and upcycled materials such as pallet wood, coffee sacks, scraps of plywood and driftwood for decoration.
Our life on the road to us feels like we are living our real lives, doing what we want to be doing and pursuing our passions, whereas when were back in the UK it feels like our lives are on hold while we save up money for the next trip.
Living in a van also enables us to save money quicker when were working, as we have no electric, water or council tax bills to pay, just diesel for the tank- all of our power is generated by solar or when driving, and we fill up our water tanks from taps or springs.
Things dont always go smoothly, though; theres always things to fix, engine maintenance to be done, and a lot of cleaning and tidying, but these are all fair trade-offs for a life on the road.
The pair are going back to their hometown to work over the summer and save some money and then they are back on the road.
They have travelled to 25 countries so far, across Europe, as East as Ukraine and as far South as Greece.
Their van has enabled them to live completely off the grid as it has a gas oven and cooker, heating and hot water, a shower, a fridge and a toilet, a solar panel on the roof, leisure batteries and big water tanks.
Their next trip will be a seven month road trip across the Balkans, including 13 countries in between and after that they will heading to Asia.
SICK JOKER Russell Howard slammed by mum for mocking disabled daughter's 40k access ramp
'APOCALYPTIC' Two dead as Venice hit by 2nd-worst floods ever sparking state of disaster
HARRY'S NO-HO-HO Harry and Meghan WON'T join the Queen for Christmas so they can 'recharge'
'PREYED ON' Primark guard raped & made girls, 15, perform sex acts as shoplift 'punishment'
IT CURED BE YOU! Mum gets all-clear from cancer & 10 minutes later wins 1m on EuroMillions
GEARED FOR WAR Corbyn plans huge fuel price hikes to force drivers to slash 60% of journeys
They added: Our van has taken us to places we couldve never imagined an LDV minibus would go and she continues to be our reliable companion on this journey.
For us, challenge is what makes life worth living, a chance to push ourselves further and build character, and although we dont always appreciate it when a situation goes wrong we always come out the other side stronger and wiser.
Our aim is to continue travelling the world, telling the stories of the people we meet and working remotely to fund our lifestyle, and as such we have big ambitions for our lives."
The rest is here:
- WITTI to Honor Top Women in Travel with Travel Awards Dinner, Gives Voice to Pearson Findings on Gender Mix in the C-Suite - Yahoo Finance - February 20th, 2020
- The world through the eyes of one photographer - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- What the world's most expensive Irish whiskey tastes like - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- Where travel brand loyalty sits in a super app world - Hospitality Net - February 20th, 2020
- What in the World: President Trump's Travel Ban 2.0 - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- Travel Green: Discover Some Of The Worlds Best Eco-Friendly Hotels - Forbes - February 20th, 2020
- Miami Beach Debuts "Why I Love Miami Beach" Social Video Series to Show Why the Destination is Like No Other Place in the World - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2020
- Industrial Tourism Market Global Insights and Trends 2020 to 2026 - Nyse Nasdaq Live - February 20th, 2020
- Travel between Torres Strait Islands and PNG banned due to fears over coronavirus - The Guardian - February 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus: cruise industry caught in the eye of the storm - Financial Times - February 20th, 2020
- What trends will be shaping the African travel sector? - Africa Outlook Magazine - February 20th, 2020
- Myanmar Tourism Gets a Second Chance: Is It Ready for It? - Skift - February 20th, 2020
- Why Sicily deserves a place on your travel wish list this year - Travel Daily News International - February 20th, 2020
- Highland Park rolls out exclusive Single Cask bottling for Heathrow and World Duty Free - DFNIonline.com - February 20th, 2020
- Taj Mahal is the most Googled monument in the world - Times of India - February 20th, 2020
- The rise of the killer viruses - Economic Times - February 20th, 2020
- Worlds biggest temple to come up in West Bengals Mayapur - Times of India - February 20th, 2020
- 8 reasons why this is the most flexible travel credit card - Gulf News - February 20th, 2020
- Craig Thompson discusses how he felt after learning that he had been called up to represent Great Britain at next week's world championships - Swindon... - February 20th, 2020
- Around the World in Thrifty Ways, According to FlightHub and JustFly - Canada NewsWire - February 20th, 2020
- Single Mom Leaves LA Behind To Trot The World With 11-Year-Old Son - CBS Los Angeles - February 12th, 2020
- Take a Year Off and Travel Without Going Broke - The New York Times - February 12th, 2020
- 10 travel goals that will help you stretch yourself and experience the world - USA TODAY - February 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus News: Live Coverage and Updates - The New York Times - February 12th, 2020
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World release luxury travel trends for 2020 - Travel Daily News International - February 12th, 2020
- Money saver while globe-trotting the world TRAVEL UNION - Baltic Times - February 12th, 2020
- Treehouses, Glass Igloos and Other Out-of-This-World Spots to Lay Your Head - The New York Times - February 12th, 2020
- Free training on Travel & Tourism industry launched online by Global Travel and Tourism Partnership - Travel Daily News International - February 12th, 2020
- Worldwide Car Rental Market Insights, 2019-2024 - Expected to Generate Revenues of $122.6 Billion in the Coming Years - Yahoo Finance - February 12th, 2020
- Mexico City Is Proposing to Build One of the World's Largest Urban Parks - Smithsonian.com - February 12th, 2020
- How effective are travel bans against coronavirus spread? - CNN - February 12th, 2020
- Atlantis, the Palm prepares for record-breaking year ahead - Breaking Travel News - February 12th, 2020
- Who will speak at the WTTC Summit in Cancun? - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 12th, 2020
- Ramsay World Travel on the move in Dunfermline - Dunfermline Press - February 12th, 2020
- Discover how Global Customized Travel Market Increase in need for business agility and faster operational decisions of Industry, Top key players like... - February 12th, 2020
- Wyndham Grand Algarve opens in Portugal | News - Breaking Travel News - February 12th, 2020
- Inside the WTM London @ 40 - THISDAY Newspapers - February 12th, 2020
- 5 of the world's best Ferris wheels - World First Travel Insurance - February 12th, 2020
- Small Luxury Hotels of The World: Luxury Travel Trends For 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - February 11th, 2020
- Why Nigeria Has Responded to Trumps Travel Ban With Caution, Not Outrage - World Politics Review - February 11th, 2020
- How People Are Using Online Teaching Jobs To Travel The World - Times Square Chronicles - February 11th, 2020
- Thousands of students affected by New Zealand's anti-Chinese travel ban - World Socialist Web Site - February 11th, 2020
- WHO Now Concerned About Coronavirus Infections Not Associated With Travel to China - CNSNews.com - February 11th, 2020
- Tour the world with the Travel Photographer of the Year winners - New Atlas - February 11th, 2020
- What makes Vanuatu one of the happiest places in the world? - BBC News - February 11th, 2020
- Developing Hospitality Skills from the Ground Up: CEOs Who Started at the Bottom - Hospitality Net - February 11th, 2020
- This Is the Best-Value Theme Park in the WorldIt's Not Disney - msnNOW - February 11th, 2020
- Global Tourism Takes Major Hit - DTN The Progressive Farmer - February 11th, 2020
- Impact of 2019 coronavirus outbreak on tourism and the economy (Part 2) - INQUIRER.net - February 11th, 2020
- Skiing in Afghanistan: Meet the man who wants the world to enjoy the war-torn country's slopes - Telegraph.co.uk - February 11th, 2020
- Saltours selects Triometric to optimise B2B online travel with operational and business intelligence - Breaking Travel News - February 11th, 2020
- Japanese airport introduces 'first of its kind' dog toilet area, complete with 'pee pole' - Fox News - February 11th, 2020
- This Woman Traveled To Every Country On Earth. Heres How She Did It (And You Can, Too) - Forbes - February 9th, 2020
- Coronavirus: The hit to the global economy will be worse than SARS - CNBC - February 9th, 2020
- Dubai airport is the worlds busiest for international travel - MarketWatch - February 9th, 2020
- Cramer's week ahead: Coronavirus news 'can steal the spotlight at any given time' from earnings reports - CNBC - February 9th, 2020
- Coronavirus in MENA - The Arab Weekly - February 9th, 2020
- Travel guide to Athens: gods, sunshine, and souvlaki - Kiwi.com - February 9th, 2020
- moscowliving Best City Trip Is It Safe to Travel to Moscow? - The Moscow Times - February 9th, 2020
- Mauritius to welcome prestigious polo tournament this summer - Breaking Travel News - February 9th, 2020
- Beaches Resorts Debuts the All New Beaches Negril - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 9th, 2020
- How the coronavirus could hit the tourism and travel sector - HalifaxToday.ca - February 9th, 2020
- Travel round the world with Teessiders who've taken their Gazette on tour - Gazette Live - February 9th, 2020
- A world of cruise options to kick off the new decade - The Union Leader - December 30th, 2019
- Facing off in the world's only traditional sumo ring outside Japan - CNN - December 30th, 2019
- 20 best new hotels to visit in 2020 - CNN - December 30th, 2019
- Everything you need to know about traveling during Australias bush fire season - The Points Guy - December 30th, 2019
- The most dangerous countries in the world for 2020, mapped - indy100 - December 30th, 2019
- Weekend's wet weather in Nebraska could affect travel, cause flooding - Omaha World-Herald - December 30th, 2019
- Can the Art World Kick Its Addiction to Flying? - frieze.com - December 30th, 2019
- Travel blogger makes 600k in a YEAR by posting sponsored pics on Instagram all while travelling the world f - The Sun - December 30th, 2019
- 7 most 'Instagrammed' attractions around the world - Travel Daily - December 30th, 2019
- The Kiwi attractions in Lonely Planet's Wonders of the World - Stuff.co.nz - December 30th, 2019
- Most popular travel destinations of 2019 that created records - Times of India - December 30th, 2019
- The year of the conscious connoisseur - Times of India - December 30th, 2019
- Tripadvisor reveals 10 best attractions in the world 2019 - Better Homes and Gardens - December 30th, 2019
- New Year festival at The Kelpies to kickstart Scotland's Year of Coasts and Waters 2020 - Travel Daily - December 30th, 2019
- Russian missile weapon can travel 27 times the speed of sound - NEWS.com.au - December 30th, 2019
- Virtual Travel Could Change the WorldIf It Gets Off the Ground - The Wall Street Journal - December 13th, 2019
- Google reveals the 10 most popular travel destination trends of 2019 - CNBC - December 13th, 2019