Were going to treat everyone that comes before the court fairly and honestly, Tonichio said. I want people to say, even if the court decision doesnt go their way, that they felt heard throughout the process. Thats the true foundation of a court system, is when everybody on a case, on whatever side they are in a lawsuit or a criminal complaint, if they feel that the process was fair, that their voice was heard... to me, thats huge.
Tornichio said while he was juvenile judge, the court was in early discussions with Clark State about a job readiness program. He hopes when the pandemic is over that work continues.
While on the bench in juvenile court, Tornichio saw who he calls the true victims of the opioid epidemic kids.
If you would have asked me before I took juvenile bench, are drugs a victimless crime? I would have said yes, Tornichio said. But after seeing the rampages of the opioid epidemic in our children services, neglect, dependency cases, those are the real victims. So that stands out.
Tornichio said this past week when sentencing a teenager, the juvenile congratulated him on his new role. Tornichio told that teenager that the best thing he can do is to run into him out in the community and not see his name on the docket in adult court.
My goal is to encourage them that they can put the past behind them. They can start a new chapter in the book of life, Tornichio said. I say this to probably about every kid on the delinquency docket: when they succeed, our county succeeds.
Judge Buckwalter asked Tornichio to take over the Veterans Treatment Court started by Judge Wolaver.
Im excited. I look forward to working with the veterans support and treatment team and our veterans to help them get their lives back on track, Tornichio said.
Tornichio said he also plans to continue the work Wolaver did to bring more technology to the courthouse. Tornichio said after the pandemic is over, he images tools like Zoom could be continued to be used.
Tornichio, who lives in Beavercreek, previously served for 16 years as a Greene County assistant prosecutor and served the county for three years as a law clerk. Before his county-level service, Tornichio was a prosecuting attorney for the village of Waynesville, acting law director for the city of Xenia and a private practicing attorney.
He earned his law degree from the University of Toledo College of Law and his undergraduate degree from Wright State University.
Tornichio said his wife of nearly five years, Heather, helps keep him grounded when he gets a big head or black robe fever. The two have a daughter.
- Victimless Crimes Examples, List & Explanation | What is a ... - December 27th, 2021
- Examples of Victimless Crimes | LawInfo - December 27th, 2021
- Woman Charged in Alleged Theft of over $300K in Items from ... - December 27th, 2021
- Hate crimes at highest rate in more than a decade, per FBI - Midland Daily News - September 5th, 2021
- Father and son who stole 1.7million worth of antiques from elderly widow jailed - ITV News - September 5th, 2021
- Combating crime requires major reforms between police, a cooperative public and the correctional system - Stabroek News - June 10th, 2021
- Veteran faces criminal charges after using urban exploration to treat his PTSD - The Independent - June 10th, 2021
- Opinion | August Vollmer 'Abolished' the Police in 1905 - The New York Times - June 10th, 2021
- VIDEO: Keene Parking Bureaucrat Admits She Prefers to Avoid Court With Activists - Free Keene - February 15th, 2021
- The trader who was made the fall guy for the wrongdoings of an entire era - Telegraph.co.uk - February 11th, 2021
- Rotterdam 2021 Review: Political Cyber-Thriller LONE WOLF, A Visual Experiment With an Allure of Genre Film - ScreenAnarchy - February 11th, 2021
- Jason Williams has vowed never to use the habitual offender statute. What does that mean for criminal justice in New Orleans? - The Lens - February 11th, 2021
- Ransomware reveals the hidden weakness of our big tech world - ZDNet - January 23rd, 2021
- The Blind Spot Endures: A Profile of Just One of Trump's Last Minute Intercessions - InsiderNJ - January 23rd, 2021
- 25 of the Best True Crime Documentaries To Watch Right Now - elle.com - December 22nd, 2020
- Abuse against shop workers has increased during the pandemic it is time to take action to protect them - British Politics and Policy at LSE - December 22nd, 2020
- New York Auto Insurance Fraud Ring Busted Following Two-Year Investigation - Insurance Journal - December 17th, 2020
- Innovation Needs Honesty to Thrive - KKOH - December 17th, 2020
- What the REFORM Alliance's victory means for criminal justice reform | TheHill - The Hill - October 10th, 2020
- Q&A with Jan Kok, candidate for the 1st Congressional District - Englewood Herald - October 10th, 2020
- From the Editor: Changing the status quo on crime reporting, introducing Right to Be Forgotten - Craig Daily Press - September 2nd, 2020
- Opinion | St. Catharines needs to stop trying to stop graffiti - Niagarathisweek.com - September 2nd, 2020
- MPD shuts down illegal gaming operation in Madison, makes arrest - The Madison Record - themadisonrecord.com - August 10th, 2020
- Guest Commentary: Enlarging the Discussion on 'Defunding' - The Peoples Vanguard of Davis - August 10th, 2020
- Two Arrested in Connection with Organized Retail Crime - The Daily Ridge - August 5th, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Third option for president, and her name is Dr. Jo Jorgensen. - Holmes County Times Advertiser - August 5th, 2020
- Pima County Candidates Battle Over Whether the Prosecutor's Office Needs an Outsider to Achieve Reform - The Appeal - August 5th, 2020
- Letter To The Editor: A Third Option - Island Eye News - August 4th, 2020
- Victimless or Consensual Crime - Criminal Classification - July 31st, 2020
- The Definition, Types, and Examples of Victimless Crimes ... - July 31st, 2020
- Third option in the fall - Opinion - The News Herald - July 31st, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Third option for president, and her name is Dr. Jo Jorgensen. - Gadsden Times - July 31st, 2020
- Reduce spending on police by limiting what they must enforce - Seymour Tribune - July 29th, 2020
- Here's why we can abolish most of the criminal justice system now without endangering public safety - rabble.ca - July 29th, 2020
- Letter: US should learn from Prohibition | Opinions and Editorials - Aiken Standard - July 29th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor, July 23 - Montclair Local - July 29th, 2020
- Twitter Answers Whats Trashy When Youre Poor, but Classy When Youre Rich? - The Mary Sue - July 29th, 2020
- PSNI warned not to over-step powers on domestic abuse after force indicates giving someone the silent treatment is a criminal offence - Belfast... - July 29th, 2020
- Shop thief jailed after series of offences in Worksop - Worksop Guardian - July 26th, 2020
- Ex-pharmacist who admitted to diluting cancer drugs will not get out of prison early - KMBC Kansas City - July 21st, 2020
- Weakley Co. man sentenced to 23 years in federal prison for distributing meth - The Jackson Sun - July 21st, 2020
- Blackpool paedophile had collection of teething rings, clothes and baby magazines as well as vile indecent images of children being abused - Blackpool... - July 21st, 2020
- Column: The real issues of the 2020 election | Opinions and Editorials | aikenstandard.com - Aiken Standard - July 21st, 2020
- Crackdown on Shoplifting in Normanton and Featherstone - West Yorkshire Police - July 21st, 2020
- Dean Blandino interview: What its really like to be an NFL official - prideofdetroit.com - July 21st, 2020
- Not publicizing black & brown mugshots is not fixing the racial problem with the justice system it's hiding it - RT - July 21st, 2020
- LETTERS: Readers' thoughts on victimless crimes, parks and voting by mail - Waco Tribune-Herald - July 21st, 2020
- Reduce spending on police by limiting what they must enforce - OCRegister - July 19th, 2020
- Demonstrations Are Necessary: The Wire Creator David Simon On Policing In America - CBS Baltimore - July 16th, 2020
- Sunday Goods Announces Ongoing Donation Campaign and Official Partnership with Last Prisoner Project - PRNewswire - July 16th, 2020
- ELECTION 2020: State Attorney's race features opposing views | News | beacononlinenews.com - The West Volusia Beacon - July 15th, 2020
- Guest View: Tired of the other two parties? - The Register-Guard - July 15th, 2020
- EUIPO Report Names Turkey as the Third Biggest Producer of Counterfeit Goods - Lexology - July 12th, 2020
- Libertarian Solutions to Reforming Police State | Opinion | Northern Express - northernexpress.com - July 11th, 2020
- The five reasons why Kiwis should vote yes in the cannabis referendum - Stuff.co.nz - July 10th, 2020
- Black Iowans have been denied right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness - The Gazette - July 10th, 2020
- Trump Will Show America He Has Loyalty and Strong Sense of Justice by Pardoning Roger Stone - Artvoice - July 10th, 2020
- Letter to the editor: Police must dismantle oppressive system for which they work - Summit Daily News - June 9th, 2020
- Is Defunding the Police Libertarian? Reason.com - Reason - June 9th, 2020
- Ottawa's bylaw department conducting review after officer punched Black man in park - CTV News - June 9th, 2020
- Pervert drove missing teen 200 miles to his home after filming her in shower - Mirror.co.uk - June 9th, 2020
- The Problem of Racial ProfilingWhy it Matters and What Can be Done About it - Reason - June 9th, 2020
- When will prosecutors identify and compensate overseas victims of corruption? - The FCPA Blog - May 27th, 2020
- Operation Unhappy Meal: How the FBI trapped the million-dollar McDonalds Monopoly cheats - The Independent - May 27th, 2020
- McMillions takes us into the heart of the McDonald's Monopoly scandal - but whose side are we on? - inews - May 27th, 2020
- End Taxation by Prosecution - Yahoo News - May 19th, 2020
- 'We are sorry for the hurt caused to you'; Scouting Ireland issue apology to abuse victims - Echo Live - May 19th, 2020
- Somerset Churches Trust continues fight to prevent lead theft from church roofs - Somerset County Gazette - May 19th, 2020
- Over Ten People Exercise Right to Assemble at NH State House in Violation of Governor's Order - Free Keene - April 2nd, 2020
- Southern Indiana women seek strong leadership in the White House - Newsandtribune - April 2nd, 2020
- Off-road motorbike seized by cops just minutes after upset resident reported it to police - The Northern Echo - April 2nd, 2020
- Watch now: These people's lives are ruined - The Outline - April 2nd, 2020
- On the front line in the battle against Swindon's shoplifters - Swindon Advertiser - March 16th, 2020
- Former Fife teacher found with child abuse images had 'morbid fascination' with torture and sadomasochism - The Courier - March 4th, 2020
- ALEC is helping America and its legislators - Great Bend Tribune - February 16th, 2020
- Keir Starmers past is coming under scrutiny. What can we learn from it? - The Guardian - February 16th, 2020
- Pervert teacher had 'appalling' child abuse videos - Kent Online - February 16th, 2020
- Looking the other way is not an option - Thegardenisland.com - February 16th, 2020
- PARK | Have You Taken the Time to Consider the Libertarian Presidential Candidates? - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - February 16th, 2020
- Democrats Attack AG Barr: Is This About Roger Stone or 2016? - Liberty Nation - February 16th, 2020