I just finished an interview for the First Light Show airing nationally on Westwood One next week. We talked about how and why we need to bring manufacturing back to the USA creating high wage jobs. Our Region is advantaged because of our proximity to markets, abundant natural gas and natural gas liquids. It was a great opportunity to tell our story to the nation. Shale Crescent USAs thought leadership made this possible.
Dr. Clay Marsh, West Virginia Covid-19 Czar said something profound this week I havent heard anyone in the medical community say directly. We are entering a new time period of learning to live with the virus. I might not have the quote exactly but my understanding is, Covid-19 isnt going away anytime soon even though we are working on vaccines and possible cures. If the virus isnt going away we need to live our lives in a way that protects us and others as we move to normal activities.
Going back to lockdown isnt the answer. We may find extended lockdown was deadlier than the virus because of depression, stress, increased suicide, domestic abuse, substance abuse and deaths from other diseases like cancer, high blood pressure and heart disease that went untreated. One doctor said he has only diagnosed about 1/3 of the cancer cases he normally does. Cancer doesnt take vacations. People chose not to go to the doctor out of fear.
When I had cancer over 30 years ago, my wife pushed me to see a doctor and made the appointment. It was serious enough for me to have surgery the next day. Fortunately, the cancer was found early. My type of cancer spreads quickly. A delay could have been deadly. How many cancer cases have spread into something incurable during Covid-19?
Industries like trucking, healthcare, petrochemicals and others learn to successfully deal with risks every day. Driving to the store, church or the beach is a risk most of us are willing to take. In industry following common sense rules like wearing PPE or seatbelts lowers the risk. Wearing a mask, social distancing and washing our hands does the same for us when dealing with Covid-19. The question isnt if we can get back to business, school or athletics it is, How can we? This question assumes we can, will and must.
We know how we can bring manufacturing back to the USA. I got a new crown from my dentist this week. It was made in the USA out of ceramic and zirconium on a 3D printer instead of by hand in China. My dentist said it wont crack or chip. We are using high tech computerized 3D printing capabilities to make critical healthcare PPE, essential medical equipment, products like Covid-19 tests and parts we are currently getting overseas. Small and medium manufacturing companies in our Region have the ability to change quickly and adopt new technology or change product lines quicker than large companies. This helps to keep current jobs and bring in new manufacturing jobs which are really important now.
Lynnda and I attended Influence 2020 the annual National Speakers Association (NSA) Conference last weekend. It was virtual. NSA is an ethnically and physically diverse association of professional speakers, trainers, coaches, business thought leaders and entertainers. NSA members were hurt by Covid-19 when meetings cancelled. I have a friend with a very successful business who lost 6 months of income in a week when meetings went away.
In addition to the mainstage presentations at Influence, we attended small virtual breakout sessions with the most successful people in the business. These individuals have seven figure businesses. They also have staffs and overhead a business like mine does not have. One individual lost over $1 Million in business almost immediately when meetings and live events began to cancel. I wanted to see how they were thinking in challenging times. These successful people responded honestly and openly to our questions. Their mindsets were surprisingly consistent. The approach they have to this pandemic is something I believe we can all learn from. Here are some thoughts;
The biggest challenge we have living with Covid-19 is our thinking, Hall of Fame Speaker Willie Jolley told us. When we change our thinking, we change our life. The late speaker and radio personality, Earl Nightingale said, We become what we think about. Willie added, Our thinking and attitude are formed by the people we spend time with and the things we read.
One thing all of these successful people did was to give first without any expectation of receiving anything. They knew everyone was hurting in some way. They began by calling their customers and offering to help at no charge. Some had weekly Zoom sessions where they brainstormed solutions or just listened.
Successful people are experts and thought leaders in their space. They are trusted advisors who share their expertise. These individuals challenge people to think. They get paid for their ability to think and to go beyond the obvious. They believe certainty is an illusion. They dont panic in a crisis. They lead.
They know how to refocus and evolve. When the old way is doesnt work find a new way. Their businesses are growing again. Successful people are;
Givers, who give first without expecting something in return
See opportunity even in a crisis. They believe there is always opportunity if we look.
Dont blame. They know that is a waste of time.
Experts in their space and thought leaders.
We are each capable of all of these qualities, if we change our thinking and believe we are capable. How are you thinking? Anything is possible.
Greg Kozera, firstname.lastname@example.org is the director of marketing and sales for Shale Crescent USA. He is a professional engineer with a masters in environmental engineering who has over 40 years experience in the energy industry. He is the author of four books and numerous published articles.
Today's breaking news and more in your inbox
See more here:
- What is the NSA actually doing in China? - Tech Monitor - October 11th, 2022
- NSA's National Cryptologic University will host a reaffirmation of accreditation site visi - National Security Agency - October 11th, 2022
- NSA Affiliates Donate More Than 86 Tons of Food To Help Fight Hunger - HS Today - HSToday - October 11th, 2022
- NSA offers opportunities to young sheep farmers - Agriland.co.uk - Agriland.co.uk - October 11th, 2022
- Dating in a world of NSA: 'I want someone to love me for me' - SBS - October 11th, 2022
- National Security Agency - Wikipedia - August 5th, 2022
- Defence analyst Pravin Sawhneys new book begins with an imagined cyberattack on India by China - Scroll.in - August 5th, 2022
- NSA, Cyber Command tap new election security leaders - The Record by Recorded Future - May 12th, 2022
- This TikTok User Who Finds the Games Playing in TV Shows Needs to Be Working for the NSA - Barstool Sports - May 12th, 2022
- Graduation Week 2022: Cybersecurity grad prepares to protect the world - Jagwire Augusta - May 12th, 2022
- Amazon Is Busting Unions. Biden Is Giving Them Huge Federal Contracts Anyway. - Jacobin magazine - May 12th, 2022
- Modi@20: Balakot blew away the myth of Pakistans nuclear blackmail, writes NSA Ajit Doval - The Tribune India - May 12th, 2022
- Jesus, endless war and the irresistible rise of American fascism - Salon - May 12th, 2022
- Meet Three Bay Area Artists Working to Amplify the Voices of People Who Stutter - KQED - May 12th, 2022
- Nation-state Cyber Attackers aiming at the US Defense Industrial Base - Security Boulevard - May 12th, 2022
- NSA: We 'don't know when or even if' a quantum computer will ever be able to break today's public-key encryption - The Register - September 5th, 2021
- Opportune moment for indigenous development of 5G NSA & SA by C-DOT: Prakash - United News of India - September 5th, 2021
- A Softening Economy Will Be Buffeted By Stimulus Withdrawal And Delta-Variant Surge - Forbes - September 5th, 2021
- Actions of IT giants pave the way for states to monopolize data Snowden - TASS - September 5th, 2021
- Microsoft's Azure Government Top Secret Cloud: All you need to know - TechHQ - September 5th, 2021
- The Scandalous History of the Last Rotor Cipher Machine - IEEE Spectrum - September 5th, 2021
- The NSA Does Not Deny Reading Tucker Carlsons Emails - July 12th, 2021
- Home, but Not Free: NSA Whistleblower Reality Winner Adjusts to Her Release From Prison - The Intercept - July 12th, 2021
- Congress newest subcommittee is focusing on cyber troops and JEDI - Federal News Network - February 11th, 2021
- End the war on whistleblowers - The Week - February 11th, 2021
- NSA Warned Russia to Stay Out Of 2020 Election And Got SolarWinds Hack Instead - NPR - February 1st, 2021
- Biden administration will build on the Quad: NSA Jake Sullivan - The Hindu - February 1st, 2021
- William P. Crowell, Former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency, Joins LookingGlass Advisory Board - HSToday - February 1st, 2021
- SolarWinds Is Not the 'Hack of the Century.' Its Blowback for the NSA's Longtime Dominance of Cyberspace - Common Dreams - February 1st, 2021
- NSA fumes over the violation of coronavirus safety protocols - GhanaWeb - February 1st, 2021
- A Top Biden Cybersecurity Aide Donated Over $500000 to AIPAC as an NSA Official Mother Jones - Mother Jones - February 1st, 2021
- What to expect from NASS and NASED conferences - Politico - February 1st, 2021
- Companies Pay Criminal Penalties And Compensation For Undermining Competition - JD Supra - February 1st, 2021
- Split Up NSA and CYBERCOM - Defense One - December 28th, 2020
- Edward Snowden Pardon and the SolarWinds Hack | - City Journal - December 28th, 2020
- Edward Snowden and wife share photos of newborn son amid push for Trump to pardon NSA leaker - Washington Times - December 28th, 2020
- NSA Year in Review: Election Security, Cybersecurity, and More - HSToday - December 28th, 2020
- No, the United States Does Not Spend Too Much on Cyber Offense - Council on Foreign Relations - December 28th, 2020
- The US has suffered a massive cyberbreach. It's hard to overstate how bad it is - The Guardian - December 28th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto from NSA, AntiChrist and Other Bitcoin Conspiracy Theories - Cryptonews - December 28th, 2020
- How A Cybersecurity Firm Uncovered The Massive Computer Hack - NPR - December 28th, 2020
- Snowden and Assange Deserve Pardons. So Do the Whistleblowers Trump Imprisoned. - The Intercept - December 28th, 2020
- Talks with China will not help says USA NSA on situation on Ladakh - Oneindia - October 10th, 2020
- How to choose the right multifactor authentication program - Federal News Network - October 10th, 2020
- UofL to launch health care cybersecurity curriculum with $6.3 million from National Security Agency, pilot focused on veterans and first responders -... - October 10th, 2020
- National Storage Affiliates Trust Announces Date of its Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call - Business Wire - October 10th, 2020
- NSA announces new Autumn webinar series 'Feeding the flock and getting it right' - The Scottish Farmer - October 10th, 2020
- How the NSA is disrupting foreign hackers targeting COVID-19 vaccine research - TechCrunch - September 18th, 2020
- Crime Prevention and Community Outreach, Common Goals for NSA and NYPD Commissioner - Abasto, Food and Beverage Industry News - September 18th, 2020
- Deputy NSA gets one year extension - The Hindu - September 18th, 2020
- Exceeding All Expectations: A Journey of Adversity, Triumph and Eternal Optimism - Worth - September 18th, 2020
- Huge threat to national security as hackers attack NIC computers, steal sensitive information - DNA India - September 18th, 2020
- Police: 2 more held in Agra boys kidnap-murder, NSA to be invoked - The Indian Express - September 18th, 2020
- NSA to be invoked against miscreants involved in killing Malihabad farmer: Lucknow DM - Outlook India - September 18th, 2020
- Did the NSA spy on Congress? RT The World According to Jesse - RT - September 5th, 2020
- Nebraska native, 101, defied convention: She served in South Pacific, with MacArthur and at NSA - Omaha World-Herald - September 5th, 2020
- NSA Ajit Doval reviews situation at India-China border - The New Indian Express - September 5th, 2020
- NSA Webinar Part 3: Skills Development and the future of learning during and post the Covid-19 pandemic - Mail and Guardian - September 5th, 2020
- ICE Robotics Expands Offering With NSA Partnership - CleanLink - September 4th, 2020
- National Security Agency | History, Role, & Surveillance ... - August 16th, 2020
- The NSA and FBI Expose Fancy Bear's Sneaky Hacking Tool - WIRED - August 16th, 2020
- NSA and FBI Expose Russian Previously Undisclosed Malware Drovorub in Cybersecurity Advisory FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation - August 16th, 2020
- Shah Faesal reached out to NSA before he quit party; open to IAS return - Hindustan Times - August 16th, 2020
- How has the pandemic impacted work at the NSA? - C4ISRNet - August 10th, 2020
- Election interference efforts have shifted, NSA and Cyber Command election threats leads say - CyberScoop - August 10th, 2020
- Did Hedge Funds Make The Right Call On National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA)? - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- National Speakers Association Inducts Mary Kelly, Ph. D. into the Speaker Hall of Fame - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - August 10th, 2020
- For 2020 Election, Threat is Bigger than Russia > US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE - Department of Defense - August 10th, 2020
- The White House reportedly quashed part of an intelligence report that showed Russia is helping the Trump campaign - MSN Money - August 10th, 2020
- GFA Express Appreciation To NSA | General Sports - Peace FM Online - August 10th, 2020
- NSA O'Brien Says US Has 'Sanctioned The Heck Out Of Russia' - Newsmax - August 10th, 2020
- DHS Warns of a Persistent Cyber Threat Targeting Critical Infrastructure in the U.S. - CPO Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- Money Explodes; Gold Glitters; The Recovery Slows - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- NSA Reports on New Cyber Vulnerability in Computers - ExecutiveGov - August 10th, 2020
- The Trump administration reportedly quashed an intelligence report that showed Russia is helping him win the 2020 election - MSN Money - August 10th, 2020
- There Will Be Blowback - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- TikTok and National Security: The Need for a Comprehensive U.S. Privacy Law - Security Boulevard - August 10th, 2020
- Buhari to overhaul the nation's security apparatus, says NSA - TheCable - August 10th, 2020
- Trump quashed report section showing Russia is helping him win 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 9th, 2020
- NSA Sheep 2020 to be a virtual sheep show - South West Farmer - August 8th, 2020