President Muhammadu Buhari is planning a complete re-engineering of the nations security apparatus, according to Babagana Monguno, national security adviser.
Monguno broke the news to state house correspondents after a security briefing on Tuesday.
The president, according to Monguno, told service chiefs at the briefing that their effort is not good enough.
Monguno said since the issues are operational, Bashir Magashi, minister of defence, is working on something and will likely give a new direction to the security agencies in the days to come.
He said Buhari told the service chiefs that Nigerians have lost confidence in the security sector but he is determined to restore that confidence.
The president is angry over the declining security situation. At the last meeting, he mentioned it, Monguno said.
What he said today is virtually a reaffirmation of what he said the first time. Yes Mr President said you are doing your best, as far as Im concerned, but theres still a lot more to be done. Im more concerned about the promise we made to the larger Nigerian society and I am ordering an immediate re-engineering of the entire security apparatus.
This is something that I believe will be done in a very short time, but I just want us to keep hope alive.I know how everybody feels, I know how Nigerians feel, definitely the president is not oblivious of the fact that securing the nation is a primary responsibility of government and I believe in his sincerity, but again, since hes not an octopus, since hes not a spirit, if he delegates to people, then the onus is on them to actually fulfil the legitimate expectations of the larger Nigerian society.
There have been complaints over the widespread insecurity in the country, with many asking the president to fire the service chiefs.
On Monday, governors said they were planning to meet with the president over the rising insecurity in the country.
They also said the attack on the convoy of Babagana Zulum, their Borno counterpart, is an indication that the country is not safe.
Boko Haram insurgents had opened fire on the convoy of the Borno governor in Kukawa local government area last week.
- National Security Agency - Wikipedia - October 10th, 2020
- Talks with China will not help says USA NSA on situation on Ladakh - Oneindia - October 10th, 2020
- How to choose the right multifactor authentication program - Federal News Network - October 10th, 2020
- UofL to launch health care cybersecurity curriculum with $6.3 million from National Security Agency, pilot focused on veterans and first responders -... - October 10th, 2020
- National Storage Affiliates Trust Announces Date of its Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call - Business Wire - October 10th, 2020
- NSA announces new Autumn webinar series 'Feeding the flock and getting it right' - The Scottish Farmer - October 10th, 2020
- How the NSA is disrupting foreign hackers targeting COVID-19 vaccine research - TechCrunch - September 18th, 2020
- Crime Prevention and Community Outreach, Common Goals for NSA and NYPD Commissioner - Abasto, Food and Beverage Industry News - September 18th, 2020
- Deputy NSA gets one year extension - The Hindu - September 18th, 2020
- Exceeding All Expectations: A Journey of Adversity, Triumph and Eternal Optimism - Worth - September 18th, 2020
- Huge threat to national security as hackers attack NIC computers, steal sensitive information - DNA India - September 18th, 2020
- Police: 2 more held in Agra boys kidnap-murder, NSA to be invoked - The Indian Express - September 18th, 2020
- NSA to be invoked against miscreants involved in killing Malihabad farmer: Lucknow DM - Outlook India - September 18th, 2020
- Did the NSA spy on Congress? RT The World According to Jesse - RT - September 5th, 2020
- Nebraska native, 101, defied convention: She served in South Pacific, with MacArthur and at NSA - Omaha World-Herald - September 5th, 2020
- NSA Ajit Doval reviews situation at India-China border - The New Indian Express - September 5th, 2020
- NSA Webinar Part 3: Skills Development and the future of learning during and post the Covid-19 pandemic - Mail and Guardian - September 5th, 2020
- ICE Robotics Expands Offering With NSA Partnership - CleanLink - September 4th, 2020
- National Security Agency | History, Role, & Surveillance ... - August 16th, 2020
- The NSA and FBI Expose Fancy Bear's Sneaky Hacking Tool - WIRED - August 16th, 2020
- NSA and FBI Expose Russian Previously Undisclosed Malware Drovorub in Cybersecurity Advisory FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation - August 16th, 2020
- Shah Faesal reached out to NSA before he quit party; open to IAS return - Hindustan Times - August 16th, 2020
- How has the pandemic impacted work at the NSA? - C4ISRNet - August 10th, 2020
- Election interference efforts have shifted, NSA and Cyber Command election threats leads say - CyberScoop - August 10th, 2020
- Did Hedge Funds Make The Right Call On National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA)? - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- National Speakers Association Inducts Mary Kelly, Ph. D. into the Speaker Hall of Fame - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - August 10th, 2020
- For 2020 Election, Threat is Bigger than Russia > US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE - Department of Defense - August 10th, 2020
- The White House reportedly quashed part of an intelligence report that showed Russia is helping the Trump campaign - MSN Money - August 10th, 2020
- GFA Express Appreciation To NSA | General Sports - Peace FM Online - August 10th, 2020
- NSA O'Brien Says US Has 'Sanctioned The Heck Out Of Russia' - Newsmax - August 10th, 2020
- DHS Warns of a Persistent Cyber Threat Targeting Critical Infrastructure in the U.S. - CPO Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- Money Explodes; Gold Glitters; The Recovery Slows - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- NSA Reports on New Cyber Vulnerability in Computers - ExecutiveGov - August 10th, 2020
- The Trump administration reportedly quashed an intelligence report that showed Russia is helping him win the 2020 election - MSN Money - August 10th, 2020
- There Will Be Blowback - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- What and how are you thinking? Anything is possible - Martins Ferry Times Leader - August 10th, 2020
- TikTok and National Security: The Need for a Comprehensive U.S. Privacy Law - Security Boulevard - August 10th, 2020
- Trump quashed report section showing Russia is helping him win 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 9th, 2020
- NSA Sheep 2020 to be a virtual sheep show - South West Farmer - August 8th, 2020
- All you need to hijack a Mac is an old Office document and a .zip file - TechRadar - August 8th, 2020
- Silicon Valley's Vast Data Collection Should Worry You More Than TikTok - Jacobin magazine - August 8th, 2020
- T-Mobile Is The First Carrier Globally To Launch Nationwide Standalone (SA) 5G - Forbes - August 7th, 2020
- The Room Where It Happened: Former US NSA exposes the frailties of the Trump administration - The Financial Express - August 4th, 2020
- NSA Sheep 2020 to go virtual over two days - FarmingUK - July 31st, 2020
- Protect Our Power Urges Vigilance in Response to NSA and CISA Warning on Critical Infrastructure - PRNewswire - July 31st, 2020
- A "Time of Heightened Tensions": Homeland Security and National Security Agency Issue Joint Cybersecurity Alert - JD Supra - July 31st, 2020
- Amid 'heightened tensions,' US government issues warning to critical infrastructure providers - Utility Dive - July 31st, 2020
- Garmin Hack, Glitch in Flight Navigation and an NSA Warning: The Massive Threat of WastedLocker - News18 - July 31st, 2020
- Netflix is looking to Splinter Cell for its next big video game adaptation - The Verge - July 31st, 2020
- US real GDP to expand by 15% in Q3 TDS - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Two Rebels Against the Establishment: Oliver Stone and Edward Snowden - CounterPunch - July 31st, 2020
- Orange announces it will launch 5G later this year - Explica - July 31st, 2020
- Privacy Shield Struck Down: Schrems II Just When You Thought it Was Safe to Go Back in the Harbor - JD Supra - July 31st, 2020
- CISA, NSA warn of threat to ICS. Garmin incident may be ransomware. Blackbaud hack spreads. Sino-American cyber tension. - The CyberWire - July 30th, 2020
- Top 10 world news today: Trump`s NSA Robert O`Brien tests positive for COVID-19, Rohingya refugees found alive and more - WION - July 30th, 2020
- NSA and CISA Recommend Immediate Actions to Reduce Exposure Across Operational Technologies and Control Systems - HSToday - July 29th, 2020
- NSA clears the air on national teams - BusinessGhana - July 29th, 2020
- Netball SA hoping to host Scotland this year amid coronavirus outbreak - News24 - July 29th, 2020
- Abducted teen killed in UP, Yogi asks cops to consider NSA against accused - The Indian Express - July 29th, 2020
- Gorakhpur kidnapping case: Yogi got here into motion, NSA on accused, police will resolve accountability - Pledge Times - July 29th, 2020
- A National Crisis: The Imperative for Improving Civic Education - The Cipher Brief - July 23rd, 2020
- Who is behind APT29? What we know about this nation-state cybercrime group - The Daily Swig - July 23rd, 2020
- Several streets in Karachi cordoned off reportedly due to terror threat - Outlook India - July 23rd, 2020
- Zero Trust Cybersecurity Plan This Year From DISA & NSA - Breaking Defense - July 19th, 2020
- Chinas aggressive actions against India give insight into how CPC thinking these days, says U.S. NSA - The Hindu - July 19th, 2020
- Creating a more secure nation means public service hiring practices need an overhaul - The Hill - July 19th, 2020
- COVID-19 Cases Triple At Carswell Where Reality Winner Is Imprisoned - Shadowproof - July 19th, 2020
- What is 5G SA or Stand Alone and why is it so important? - Explica - July 19th, 2020
- Auction mart to be headline sponsor at North Sheep 2021 - Darlington and Stockton Times - July 19th, 2020
- How the Media Mangled the 'Russian Invasion' of the Trump Administration - The National Interest - July 19th, 2020
- Banning TikTok takes a big espionage tool away from China: US NSA - The Indian Express - July 19th, 2020
- Singapore reports 257 new COVID-19 cases - Outlook India - July 19th, 2020
- Global 5G Non-Standalone (NSA) Architecture Infrastructure Market 2020 Driving Factors, Industry Growth, Key Vendors and Outcomes of the Five Forces... - July 18th, 2020
- 'Global Britain'? Assessing Boris Johnson's major changes to national security and foreign policy - British Politics and Policy at LSE - July 16th, 2020
- Ajit Doval | The spy who came in from the cold - The Hindu - July 16th, 2020
- Following are the top foreign stories at 1700 hours - Outlook India - July 16th, 2020
- Things to do in the Mat-Su | Arts & Entertainment - Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman - July 16th, 2020
- NSA Ram Sales in East and South West to go ahead - FarmingUK - July 13th, 2020
- Newly elected Executives of GSA call on D-G of NSA - BusinessGhana - July 13th, 2020
- Why No NSA Was Never Invoked Against A Gangster "Vikas Dubey" In UP Where Police And Yogi Sarkar Are Famous For Arresting People And... - July 13th, 2020