Image Credit: phive/Shutterstock.com
Nanoform, a Finnish nanotechnology and drug particle engineering company, has won the prestigious Excellence in Pharma Award for Formulation at the 16th CPhI Pharma Awards which took place in Germany this November.
The prize sees world-renowned innovative companies competing against one another. This year Nanoforms ingenious medicine enabling nanotechnology, in the form of its CESS nanonization technology, won the highly contested award.
Who are Nanoform?
International pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are well aware of the work that Nanoform dedicates itself to. Nanoform partners with businesses with the aim to boost their molecules formulation performance as well as to reduce clinical attrition. Nanoform is committed to working with international companies to provide them with cutting-edge, innovative solutions for the development and delivery of drugs.
The technology that won it the esteemed prize at the CPhI Pharma Awards was its multi-patented nanonization process which was designed with the capability of substantially improving dissolution rates and bioavailability, having the impact of doubling the number of drug compounds reaching clinical trials. In addition, the innovation has been shown to add value to the drug delivery spaces of pulmonary, transdermal, ocular and blood-brain barrier.
For this innovative new process, Nanoform surpassed the efforts of other respected companies such as Cambrex, Lonza Capsugel, and Glatt Pharmaceutical Services, who had also entered in the same category.
The new CESS, short for Controlled Expansion of Supercritical Solutions, nanonization technology has multiple patents for its unique design. It creates designed-for-purpose, nano-sized active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) particles, using a process that can control the particles shape, increasing uniformity. The system also has the ability to produce nanoparticles as small as 10 nm.
The method works by controlling the solubility of an API in supercritical carbon dioxide (scCO2) through a bottom-up method of recrystallization. Previous alternatives had been limited, and the CESS system surpasses those due to its utilization of controlled mass transfer, pressure reduction and flow. Another benefit of the system is that it is green, its process is free from using excipients and organic solvents.
Through Nanoforms innovation, novel opportunities are opening up to the field of drug research and development.
The Significance of the CESS System
Nanomaterials have unique properties that differ from their bulk material counterparts. These different properties have made them of special interest to a number of scientific fields, which has boosted exploration into nanoparticles over recent years. It has been found that these unique properties have potential applications in the areas of nanomedicine, therapeutics, medical devices and more. They have been identified as vectors for medical imaging, biological diagnostics and therapeutics.
What has been achieved by Nanoform is that another avenue of potential use has been opened up for nanoparticles. Nanoform has developed a reliable system that allows the benefits of nanoparticles to be harnessed in drug research and development. The unique properties of nanoparticles will be able to be put to use in developing new therapeutic treatments, which could induce a significant shift in the pharmaceutical sector.
It is generally accepted that advancements in the use of nanoparticles in this area would significantly influence the advancement of human therapeutics. Now pharmaceutical companies have access to a system that allows them to tailor-make nanoparticles, the innovation of new therapies that previously would not have been possible could be on the horizon.
- New Method Helps Observe the Dynamic Motion of Atoms in 2D Materials - AZoNano - February 12th, 2020
- Surgical Instruments Tracking Systems Market Development and New Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2028 - Jewish Life News - February 12th, 2020
- Kanazawa University Research: Combined Drug Treatment for Lung Cancer and Secondary Tumors - Yahoo Finance - February 12th, 2020
- Budding engineers told to think innovatively - The Hindu - February 12th, 2020
- Adoption Scenario of Protein Engineering Market to Remain Positive Through 2015 2021 - Lake Shore Gazette - February 12th, 2020
- alwaysAI now open to meet growing demand from computer vision developers - PR Web - February 12th, 2020
- A Thermometer can be Stretched and Crumpled by Water - Printed Electronics World - February 12th, 2020
- Consumer Demand for Eco-friendly Products Set to Boost the Prospects of the Digital Servo Press Market 2019 2027 - Redhill Local Councillors - February 12th, 2020
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science celebrated - The News International - February 12th, 2020
- New nano-device eats the plaque that clogs arteries: On market this year - The New Daily - January 30th, 2020
- Beating the Heat in the Living Wings of Butterflies - Newswise - January 30th, 2020
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and Rice University sign memorandum - India Education Diary - January 30th, 2020
- Team turns banana peels and other trash into 'flash graphene' - Futurity: Research News - January 30th, 2020
- Tata Nano could have been a success, if only... - BusinessLine - January 30th, 2020
- Nanodiamond Market Growth Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast Analysis - Industry Mirror - December 27th, 2019
- Eun Ji Chung Named as IEEE New Innovator and BMES Rising Star - USC Viterbi School of Engineering - November 25th, 2019
- UMP named as Best University in Research and Innovation for Non-Research University - QS WOW News - November 25th, 2019
- Eight Illinois researchers rank among world's most influential - University of Illinois News - November 25th, 2019
- Lenovo ThinkBook and ThinkCentre Malaysia: Everything you need to know - Yahoo Singapore News - November 25th, 2019
- By far the best trader in the world, period. - eFinancialCareers - November 25th, 2019
- We're on the verge of making buildings as strong as diamonds - Fast Company - November 25th, 2019
- Surgical Instruments Tracking Systems Market Expected to Witness a Sustainable Growth over 2028 - News Description - November 25th, 2019
- Ceramic Nanotubes Engineered As Thermal Antennas With Heat Radiation Control - Market Research Feed - November 25th, 2019
- FEATURE: These bold engineering ideas could take humanity to the stars - Professional Engineering - November 13th, 2019
- Renowned researcher, UTRGV professor blazes trail from Monterrey to White House to TedXMcAllen - Monitor - November 13th, 2019
- Rice receives Army grant amid concerns - The Rice Thresher - November 13th, 2019
- NTT Research and Technical University of Munich (TUM) Enter Joint Research Agreement to Collaborate on Technologies to Affect the Future of Patient... - November 13th, 2019
- Micromotors move single cells using magnets and ultrasound - CMU The Tartan Online - November 13th, 2019
- Nanosatellite And Microsatellite Market with Report In Depth Industry Analysis on Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast till 2026 - Tech Admirers - November 13th, 2019
- SMART discovers nondisruptive way to see surface of nanoparticles - Mirage News - November 13th, 2019
- Simera Sense And Space Inventor To Collaborate On Offering Earth Observation Solutions - Space in Africa - November 13th, 2019
- Global Nano Gas Sensors Market 2019 Raytheon Company, Ball Aerospace and Technologies, Thales Group, Lockheed Martin Corporation - Daily Industry... - November 13th, 2019
- Global Nano Gas Sensors Market Insights 2019 Raytheon Company, Ball Aerospace and Technologies, Thales Group - Daily Industry News Journal - November 13th, 2019
- Nano-Motors Find Tilt-Illating Solution to Move Against the Current - SciTechDaily - November 3rd, 2019
- Doheny and UCLA Stein Eye Institutes Welcome Kaustabh Ghosh, PhD, to the Scientific and Clinical Research Faculty - P&T Community - November 3rd, 2019
- Japanese 'Supercar' Made From Recycled Wood Has A Top Speed Of 20 Kmph - Mashable India - November 3rd, 2019
- Preparation And Antibacterial Effects Of Carboxymethyl Chitosan-Modifi | IJN - Dove Medical Press - November 3rd, 2019
- Nano Gps Chip Market to Witness Increased Revenue Growth Owing to Rapid Increase in Demand - Health News Office - November 3rd, 2019
- Codexis Protein Engineering Forum Highlights Progress and Future Direction of the Field - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2019
- Nano One looks to be a winner as they work to make a better lithium-ion battery - InvestorIntel - October 16th, 2019
- This Huge Amazonian Fish That Lives in Piranha-Infested Waters Has Some of the Toughest Scales on the Planet - Newsweek - October 16th, 2019
- Aerostructure Equipment Market To Soar Across Top Countries In The Globe - Online News Guru - October 16th, 2019
- Letter to the editor: Our trees are dying - Taft Midway Driller - October 16th, 2019
- What's future of industrial hemp in NC? Thought leaders gather to explore possibilities - WRAL Tech Wire - October 16th, 2019
- The galaxy might be full of micro-machines - Cosmos - October 16th, 2019
- Army Bio-Inspired Theoretical Research May Make Robots More Effective on the Future Battlefield - I-Connect007 - October 16th, 2019
- MIT.nano awards inaugural NCSOFT seed grants for gaming technologies - The MIT Tech - October 1st, 2019
- Impressive Growth of Biomedical Nanotechnology Market 2019-2025 Upcoming Developments, Business Predictions & Future Investment Including Advanced... - October 1st, 2019
- Make like a leaf: researchers developing new method to convert CO2 - News - The University of Sydney - October 1st, 2019
- Budding opportunity? Hemp conference to offer insights to an emerging industry - WFMYNews2.com - October 1st, 2019
- Sigma Lithium Announces a Positive Feasibility Study with Forecast LOM Net Revenue of US$1.4 Billion and EBITDA of US$ 690 Million for the High-Grade,... - October 1st, 2019
- Revolut to hire around 3,500 staff to support its global expansion - News by aeresearch - October 1st, 2019
- Nano Crystalline Soft Magnetic Market Projections Deliver Positive Revenue Growth during the Period between 2018 and 2028 - The Herald Media - October 1st, 2019
- NanoEngineering | NanoEngineering - June 3rd, 2019
- What does a nanotechnology engineer do? CareerExplorer - June 1st, 2019
- Undergraduate Degree Programs | NanoEngineering - June 1st, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - April 29th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - April 29th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - April 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - April 29th, 2019
- The Mueller Report Confirms We’re Living in a Cyberpunk Dystopia - April 21st, 2019
- When the Large Hadron Collider Turns on, It May Trap Dark Matter - April 21st, 2019
- John McAfee Vows to Reveal Bitcoin’s Creator - April 21st, 2019
- Astronomers Finally Found the Universe’s First Type of Molecule - April 21st, 2019