Chan Chak Mo
The Macau SAR government decided to include 15 types of healthcare professionals into registration and the operation-licensing regime in order to regulate high-risk medical areas as well as to protect the jobs of unqualified practitioners.
According to information revealed by lawmaker Chan Chak Mo during Fridays Legislative Assembly (AL) plenary meeting, the SAR government has excluded from the regime healthcare-related professionals, except for 15 specific types, because the concerned individuals may lose their sources of income.
Today (Friday), the Legislative Assembly (AL) passed the law on the registration of healthcare professionals. A total of 15 types of medical personnel are required to be registered with the Macau SAR government.
Lawmakers and government representatives exchanged opinions on the bill, which was eventually passed article by articles, despite various concerns for professionals outside the 15 types.
The law, named Healthcare Personnel Professional Qualification and Operation Registration Regime, regulates medical practitioners, Chinese medicine practitioners, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, midwives, medical laboratory technologists, occupational therapists, radiographers, physiotherapists, chiropractors, nutritionists, psychiatrists, speech therapists, and Chinese medicine pharmacists.
More eight lawmakers, including Agnes Lam, Chan Chak Mo, and Chan Wa Keong, voiced their opinions on the 15 types of healthcare professionals.
Overall, Sulu Sou, Agnes Lam, Chan Iek Lap and others believe that more healthcare professionals, such as optometrists, should be included in the regime.
Ella lei asked how the government will regulate other types of healthcare professionals when there is a violation of the regulation.
Sulu Sou then remarked that these non-included professionals regard themselves as healthcare professionals and consider themselves to be providing a medical service and these individuals should be regulated and because many members of the public use the services of these people.
Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture Ao Ieong U said that the SAR government had decided on the types of regulated professionals based on the popularity of the service and the risks of the concerned medical topics.
Director of the Health Bureau (SSM) Lei Chin Ion responded that the government will study whether to establish laws to regulate parties who sell healthcare-related services to people while labeling the service as medical treatment.
However, Lei indicated that the SAR government, at the current stage, has no intention of establishing another registration regime for other healthcare professionals.
After these lawmakers long interrogation towards the government representatives, Chan Wa Keong and Chan Chak Mo voiced their support to the law.
Chan Wa Keong defended the governments proposed law by saying that no law can include everybody.
There is no absolute good nor absolute bad, Chan Wa Keong commented, adding that more types can be included in the bill at any moment.
Following Chan Wa Keong, lawmaker Chan Chak Mo revealed another consideration of the government. According to Chan Chak Mo, the SAR government had a massive discussion on the types of professionals included in this law. The government took into account three aspects when considering the types, including the health risk of these types of healthcare services and the employment situation of the concerned professionals.
If we include [other types], many people may lose their jobs because they dont meet the requirements. Many types are not included because people who are currently offering the service have not reached a professional level and many people will be unable to take exams and internships. They may lose their source of income, said Chan.
See more here:
- China wants Macau to break its gambling addiction - The Economist - December 14th, 2021
- DJ loses more than RM400,000 in Macau scam - The Star Online - December 14th, 2021
- Arbutus and Qilu Pharmaceutical Enter into an Exclusive Licensing Agreement and Strategic Partnership to Develop and Commercialize AB-729 in mainland... - December 14th, 2021
- International regatta to be held between Jan 13 and 16, 2022 - Macau Business - December 14th, 2021
- Gov't reclaims 23,324 sqm land in Taipa - Macau Business - December 14th, 2021
- Brother fears Assange may not survive US prosecution - Macau Business - December 14th, 2021
- Portugal: Country welcomes 273 Afghans, most with music, artistic careers - Macau Business - December 14th, 2021
- Fundraising campaign mounted to improve treatment for bike crash victim - Macau Daily Times - December 14th, 2021
- Elon Musk named Time magazine person of the year - Macau Business - December 14th, 2021
- Five injured as roofing collapses on Galaxy Macau Phase 3 construction site - IAG - Inside Asian Gaming - November 2nd, 2021
- A Tale of Two Sin Cities - The Motley Fool - November 2nd, 2021
- Konstantin Bessmertny | Exhibition showcases art that transports viewers to another reality - Macau Daily Times - November 2nd, 2021
- Company suspected of declaring false workers to receive subsidies being probed - Macau Business - November 2nd, 2021
- Israel grandfather appeals ruling returning child to Italy - Macau Business - November 2nd, 2021
- Special Report - Taiwan: the other issue - Macau Business - November 2nd, 2021
- Russia warns of strain on doctors as virus spreads - Macau Business - November 2nd, 2021
- Macau Cathedral to close in October for renovation - Macau News - September 6th, 2020
- Macau marathon to be held with infection control measures - Macau Daily Times - September 6th, 2020
- New urban plan to expand Macau tourism areas but casino activity to remain within current locations - Inside Asian Gaming - September 6th, 2020
- Aollywood (Macau-Hollywood, the Eastern Hollywood) established the first Film Critics Association in Macau, China - Business Wire - September 6th, 2020
- Ulysse Nardin - The brand and DFS Present Sharks in Macau Exhibition - Events - WorldTempus - September 6th, 2020
- Govt collaborates with gaming operators to promote in Beijing - Macau Daily Times - September 6th, 2020
- China says Czech visit to Taiwan harmed its sovereignty - Macau Business - September 6th, 2020
- Trump in 'different reality' on racism: Harris - Macau Business - September 6th, 2020
- Table tennis world cups shifted to China in coronavirus restart - Macau Business - September 5th, 2020
- OPINION-Loose thoughts - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- Gaming Industry Continues to Bear Coronavirus Brunt in Macau - Yahoo Finance - August 9th, 2020
- Macau joins Organisation of World Heritage Cities - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- It's a time to rethink the tourism industry as a whole - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- OPINION - The new myth - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- Pandemic has lifted tourist pressure in the city, with twice as many visitors from Venice - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- Government to reduce NAT fee to MOP 120 - Macau News - August 9th, 2020
- Committee predicts oversupply of teaching staff in the next 3 years - Macau News - August 9th, 2020
- Egypt highway uproots graves, homes in 'City of Dead' - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- String of MP resignations after Beirut blast - Macau Business - August 9th, 2020
- It's time to rethink the tourism industry as a whole - Macau Business - August 8th, 2020
- MUST: Funding equal to LESS THAN ONE SINGLE DAY of Macau's 2019 casino GGR would be enough to develop, produce 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine... - August 8th, 2020
- Mainland provinces receive greenlight to issue non-tourism visas to Macao - Macau News - August 8th, 2020
- OPINION - A Hypocrite under the Hippocratic Oath - Macau Business - August 8th, 2020
- IGP insists Jho Low, 1MDB fugitives in Macau, pleads with Chinese authorities to act responsibly - Malay Mail - August 8th, 2020
- India virus cases double to two million in three weeks - Macau Business - August 8th, 2020
- Greater Bay | Shenzhen emerges as engine of Chinas tech frontier - Macau Daily Times - August 8th, 2020
- Hong Kong government to offer universal, voluntary coronavirus tests - Macau News - August 7th, 2020
- Russia wants to return to Venus, build reusable rocket - Macau Business - August 7th, 2020
- Paws for thought on International Cat Day - Macau Business - August 7th, 2020
- Patents need to cover Hong Kong and Macau? Here's the procedure. - Lexology - August 7th, 2020
- Greece records more than 5000 coronavirus infections - Macau Business - August 7th, 2020
- Egypt and Greece ink exclusive economic zone deal - Macau Business - August 7th, 2020
- Collaborative team of Macau, Hong Kong and mainland China scientists makes major breakthrough in development of potential COVID-19 vaccine for mass... - August 4th, 2020
- New Galaxy ICC, Macau, to showcase at IT&CM China - Conference and Meetings World - August 4th, 2020
- Malaysia Police Say Theres Strong Indication Jho Low in Macau - Bloomberg - August 4th, 2020
- Macau travel agencies in talks with airlines to increase frequencies for connections to Europe/US - CAPA - Centre for Aviation - August 4th, 2020
- Government Information Bureau meets with Macao Youth Media Association to exchange ideas on changing face of local media - Inside Asian Gaming - August 4th, 2020
- Macau health authority warns casinos will close again if positive COVID-19 case found on gaming floors - Inside Asian Gaming - August 4th, 2020
- China accuses US of 'outright bullying' over TikTok - Macau Business - August 4th, 2020
- Thailand launches another probe in Red Bull heir's 'hit-and-run' - Macau Business - August 4th, 2020
- Former tennis player admits lying to get reduced ban - Macau Business - August 4th, 2020
- Classes on the University of Macao to begin on 7 September - Macau News - August 4th, 2020
- Macau Secretary for Economy and Finance confirms IVS resumption is part of government's phased reopening plans - Inside Asian Gaming - August 1st, 2020
- MGTO and IPIM to join forces in MICE promotion as Macau recovery begins: Senna Fernandes - Inside Asian Gaming - August 1st, 2020
- The Other Hundred project features the pandemic's unsung heroes - Macau News - August 1st, 2020
- Government to ban import of foam food containers in 2021 - Macau News - August 1st, 2020
- Chinese Gov't refutes suspicions that fugitive Jho Low is hiding in Macau - Macau Business - August 1st, 2020
- British PM Boris Johnson hands brother top honour - Macau Business - August 1st, 2020
- Recovered from virus, Bolsonaro says nothing to fear - Macau Business - August 1st, 2020
- Hengqin, the second Macau | Crossroads of Macau tourism - Macau Business - August 1st, 2020
- Macao should ban consumption of wild animals - Macau News - July 31st, 2020
- GGRAsia Small steps fortnightly key to Macau rebound: Jefferies - GGRAsia - July 31st, 2020
- CE meets with Zhuhai authorities to discuss better bilateral cooperation in pandemic efforts - Macau Business - July 31st, 2020
- Poland says US to deploy troops on eastern border - Macau Business - July 31st, 2020
- Portuguese consulate for Macau and HK received 1,500 residence requests this year - Macau Business - July 31st, 2020
- Classes on the University of Macau to begin on 7 September - Macau News - July 30th, 2020
- Planes, cars, oil, GDP... the virus bill is coming due - Macau Business - July 30th, 2020
- Eni trims production forecast after massive loss - Macau Business - July 30th, 2020
- Hong Kong faces worst wave of virus, but it cant lock down - Macau Daily Times - July 30th, 2020
- Macau | History, Geography, & Map | Britannica - July 30th, 2020
- Macau International Travel Information - July 30th, 2020
- History of Macau - Wikipedia - July 30th, 2020
- Air quality in the Pearl River Delta improved in recent years - GBA report - Macau Business - July 30th, 2020
- Macau pulls the plug on staycation promotions - CalvinAyre.com - July 29th, 2020