Watching Wellsboro soccer, youd never know Junior Kaeden Mann was such a prolific goal scorer. Hes a team-first player whose main purpose is to create havoc with his movement for a prolific Hornet attack that has scored over 250 goals the last three years.
Despite his seemingly laid-back style, Mann became the fast player in Wellsboro Boys Soccer history to score 50 goals as his four tallies led Wellsboro to an 11-1 win over North Penn-Liberty on Monday night at the Wellsboro Community Athletic Complex.
It took Mann just 53 games to reach 50 goals.
Kaeden came in his freshman year and started scoring right away, and to get his 50 goals this early in his junior season shows you the type of player he is. Hes never competing against the competition, hes always competing against himself, remarked Wellsboro Head Coach Todd Fitch.
Fitch, who is in his second year as head coach at Wellsboro, was the assistant coach when Mann was a freshman.
Hes an unselfish player. He started off the season recording more assists than scoring goals himself, Fitch noted.
The goals came early and often as Wellsboro scored three times in the first four minutes, one coming from Mann. Hed be shut out the rest of the half, though and getting to 50 in front of a home crowd looked in doubt.
However, three goals in the first 22 minutes of the second half, the final one coming on a slick first-time finish off a cross, gave Mann the milestone.
It made me feel really good to get it out of the way Junior year and get a milestone for me I didnt try to get 50 goals, I just played my game, remarked Mann after the game. Hes taken after two other players hes played with who have reached the mark, as Tanner Runyan and Brett Rudy reached it in 2018 and 2019, respectively.
Northeast Bradford 5, Galeton 4
The Panthers scored three second half goals to rally past Galeton in NTL boys soccer action Monday.
Galeton nabbed the first two goals of the game as Joseph Brumbach scored at 29:34 off a Jake Cochran assist.
Then at 21:15 Brumbach finds the back of the net again, this time off a Jessica Evans through ball.
Brandon Kuhn got NEB on the scoreboard off a shot from outside the 18 at 16:56.
The Panthers then tied it up at 15:14 as Julian Jampo curled a long shot in.
Cochran put Galeton up with 13:10 left in the half, making it 3-2 at the break.
Less than four minutes into the second half Kuhn finished off a Brennen Canfield assist to knot the game up.
Kuhn got the hat trick at 18:52 on a shot from the corner of the 18.
Gavin Merritt extended the lead to two goals off an assist by Jampo with 8:44 left in the game.
With 2:01 Cochran cut it to a 1-goal deficit crashing the goal on a Garrett Cooper save that deflected away.
NEB out shot Galeton 17-10 as both teams notched four saves.
Cooper made six saves for NEB.
Benton 7, Sullivan County 2
The Griffins cut it to 2-1 early in the second half but Benton went on to score five straight goals to get the Mid-Penn boys soccer win Monday.
Benton took a 2-0 lead at the break thanks to goals from Fernando Cruz and Clay Nickles.
Less than three minutes into the second half Nathan Higley scored to make it 2-1.
However, a little over two minutes after that James DiLossi scored for a 3-1 lead. Benton then got goals from Chase Hoover, Luke Hayman, Cruz and Orion Pursel to push their advantage to 7-1.
Trace Neary scored with nine minutes left for the 7-2 final.
Benton out shot Sullivan 21-10 as Owen Schweitzer made 13 saves in net for the Griffins.
Continue reading here:
- Liberty defensive depth to be tested against UMass - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 29th, 2019
- The 'cautionary tale' of Liberty University - The College Fix - October 29th, 2019
- Phase 1 of new signage in Liberty completed - Times Herald-Record - October 29th, 2019
- Boyd Matheson: Liberty without morality and religious freedom is but window dressing - Deseret News - October 29th, 2019
- Rutgers Million-Dollar Guarantee To Liberty Proved To Be A Wise Investment - Forbes - October 29th, 2019
- Washington-Liberty QB Andrew Bolfek throws 6 TDs to win Player of the Week - WTOP - October 29th, 2019
- In the region: No. 6 UVa field hockey tops No. 17 Liberty - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 29th, 2019
- TSA: Man Tried To Bring Loaded Gun On Plane At Newark Liberty International Airport - CBS Pittsburgh - October 29th, 2019
- If You Had Bought One Liberty Properties (NYSE:OLP) Shares Five Years Ago Youd Have Made 23% - Simply Wall St - October 29th, 2019
- LTE: The Il-liberty of Protest - The Daily Northwestern - October 29th, 2019
- Liberty Apartments in south Cape still set to open in April - Southeast Missourian - October 29th, 2019
- Liberty Hall stops in to chat about their showing of a Halloween movie this Thursday - KETK | FOX51 | EastTexasMatters.com - October 29th, 2019
- What does she stand for? A meditation on the Statue of Liberty on her 133rd birthday - New York Daily News - October 29th, 2019
- Olentangy Liberty band invited to perform in London by Winston Churchill's great-grandson - ABC6OnYourSide.com - October 29th, 2019
- Intrepid Theatre returns with 'The Thousandth Night' at Liberty Station - The San Diego Union-Tribune - October 29th, 2019
- Rutgers won its 2nd game this year by defeating Liberty | What did visiting recruits think? - NJ.com - October 29th, 2019
- Visit the Statue of Liberty, feel her unifying message | Opinion - NJ.com - October 29th, 2019
- Liberty Health Sciences Announces Opening Of 19th Florida Dispensary In Pensacola; Second Panhandle Location - Yahoo Finance - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty adds UConn to 2020 football schedule, moves UVa game to 2023 - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 24th, 2019
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are not in US Constitution - Call Newspapers - October 24th, 2019
- British government notes 'deterioration' of religious liberty in several countries - Crux: Covering all things Catholic - October 24th, 2019
- What are the odds? Liberty twin has twin daughters born on his birthday - WDAF FOX4 Kansas City - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Development partnering with St. Clement Church in Lakewood to build Madison Avenue townhomes - cleveland.com - October 24th, 2019
- Falwell threatens to sue journalist behind explosive report, demands retraction - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 24th, 2019
- G Adventures and Liberty Travel Form Preferred Partnership - TravelPulse - October 24th, 2019
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights Football is set to welcome the Liberty Flames to town -- B1G Football - Rivals.com - October 24th, 2019
- Her Immigrant Story: 'Mother Of Exiles' Documentary Reveals Statue Of Liberty's Little-Known History - Women You Should Know - October 24th, 2019
- Letter: May the sweet sound of liberty ring - PostBulletin.com - October 24th, 2019
- Religious Liberty Leaders Emphasize Connecting With the Marginalized - Adventist Review - October 24th, 2019
- Is Liberty Property Trust (LPT) Going to Burn These Hedge Funds? - Yahoo Finance - October 24th, 2019
- Slavery and liberty: A new exhibit explores the Thomas Jefferson paradox - Archinect - October 24th, 2019
- Hate LAX? Why New York's Newark Liberty International Airport is a relative breeze - Stuff.co.nz - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Ranch FFA students show children where their food comes from - The Galt Herald - October 24th, 2019
- Trenton Catholic boys soccer earns share of BCSL Liberty crown - The Trentonian - October 24th, 2019
- Letter to the Editor Liberty or Tyranny | Letters To The Editor - Richfield Reaper - October 24th, 2019
- Former Liberty-Eylau coach accused of sexual misconduct with students - TXK Today - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Health Sciences Appoints George Gremse To The Board Of Directors - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2019
- ZOM Senior Living, in a venture with Liberty Senior Living and funds managed by Ares Management Corporation's Real Estate Group, announces... - October 16th, 2019
- EAST LIBERTY DEVELOPMENT: Vote Wednesday could help clear way for controversial $50 million project in East Liberty - WPXI Pittsburgh - October 16th, 2019
- Take A Look! | Black Bear Spotted Swimming In Liberty Reservoir - CBS Baltimore - October 16th, 2019
- Religious Liberty, Nondiscrimination, and the Left - National Review - October 16th, 2019
- 'Citizens for Liberty and Labor' PAC drops another $40K against Woodward's campaign - KXLY Spokane - October 16th, 2019
- Liberty Harbor East opens, bringing another luxury apartment building and relocated Whole Foods to Baltimore - Baltimore Sun - October 16th, 2019
- Kelvin Edwards honored to have his jersey retired at Liberty - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 16th, 2019
- Liberty City and Brownville will not rise | Letters to the Editor - The Miami Times - October 16th, 2019
- Have you ever wanted to fly in a World War II-era B-17 or P-51 Mustang? Heres your chance - Commercial Appeal - October 16th, 2019
- Water Main Break On Liberty Ave. In Front Of Wyndham Grand Hotel Floods Road - CBS Pittsburgh - October 16th, 2019
- No Parking Ordinance Vexes Some Liberty Residents - The Tube City Almanac - October 16th, 2019
- Review: Liberty: Mother of Exiles pays tribute to the statue - Los Angeles Times - October 16th, 2019
- What it's like to grow up next to the Statue of Liberty - New York Post - October 16th, 2019
- In Focus: New Red Door Grill in Liberty allows you to leave troubles at door - KMBC Kansas City - October 16th, 2019
- Readers respond: We need a southern Statue of Liberty - OregonLive.com - October 16th, 2019
- ICRC welcomes the UN's Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty - World - ReliefWeb - October 16th, 2019
- Contest for Liberty Review: Commanding the Continentals - The Wall Street Journal - October 1st, 2019
- Contradicting earlier account, Liberty's accreditor says it has not contacted university over media reports - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 1st, 2019
- Argument over Carson King, Busch Light leads to assault in North Liberty - The Gazette - October 1st, 2019
- Correction: Liberty University-Falwell story - The Associated Press - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty Gold Drills Thick, High-Grade Carlin-Style Gold Mineralization at the Black Pine Project, Idaho, USA, Including 2.51 g/t Oxide Gold over 41.1... - October 1st, 2019
- Bellaire Big Reds; West Liberty University Team Of The Week - WTRF - October 1st, 2019
- Elvis, Tina Turner, Madonna and the Statue of Liberty walk into the University of Arizona - Arizona Daily Wildcat - October 1st, 2019
- Police reveal names of young girls found dead in car in Liberty County - WJCL News - October 1st, 2019
- If You Had Bought Liberty Braves Group (NASDAQ:BATR.K) Stock Three Years Ago, You Could Pocket A 60% Gain Today - Simply Wall St - October 1st, 2019
- Freedom of Association: The First Liberty - Stoutonia - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Washington Times - October 1st, 2019
- Religious Liberty Fight on the Horizon at SCOTUS - Townhall - October 1st, 2019
- Region roundup: Liberty volleyball earns third straight sweep, and more - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty University official to launch primary challenge to GOP's Riggleman | TheHill - The Hill - October 1st, 2019
- Curbs in Kashmir: There has to be balance between personal liberty & national security, says SC - Economic Times - October 1st, 2019
- WNBA Great Teresa Weatherspoon to Make Mark in NBA - HERO Sports - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty the perfect place for Brandon Hall to return to coaching wrestling - lehighvalleylive.com - October 1st, 2019
- International Space Station to be visible on Sept. 19-20 - Yahoo News - September 19th, 2019
- A Room with a Galactic View Inside the Worlds First Space Hotel - The Vintage News - September 19th, 2019
- Bigelow's B330 - an autonomous, expandable independent exploration space station - NASASpaceflight.com - September 19th, 2019
- First hotel in space set to open in 2025 with cruise ship amenities and out-of-this-world views - Fox 35 Orlando - September 19th, 2019
- Bigelow Aerospace and NASA test earthly mockup of interplanetary space station - GeekWire - September 19th, 2019
- Designs revealed for incredible new space hotel - CNN - September 19th, 2019
- NASA Astronauts interact with Kentucky students while in space - WBKO - September 19th, 2019
- Fox's 'Ad Astra' Bets on More Than Just Space Spectacle to Draw Moviegoers - Hollywood Reporter - September 19th, 2019
- Brad Pitt to Speak with NASA Astronaut on Space Station about Artemis Program - PRNewswire - September 19th, 2019
- Maine astronauts to shake hands in space - NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ - September 19th, 2019