Founded in 1982, the National Center for Public Policy Research (NCPPR) was created not to be just another think tank but rather a do tank providing the freedom movement with what its founders called missing ingredients for success.
Countering Shareholder Activism
Early on, NCPPR realized if conservatives were to prevail on such important issues as climate change, they would have to dissuade corporations from giving the Left the lobbying and financial support that had often been critical to its success in the past.
Accordingly, NCPPR established and sponsors the Free Enterprise Project (FEP), the movements only full-service shareholder activism and education program, to neutralize corporations advancing the progressive agenda.
FEP files shareholder resolutions to give it leverage to force corporations to the negotiating table. It also publicly grills CEOs at their annual shareholder meetings over their support of radical green policies, commissions polls to show corporate boards how their political activism damages their brands, and runs targeted TV ads to turn up the heat. These efforts have garnered enormous amounts of media attention.
One of FEPs first corporate targets was GE, at that time one of the leading corporate advocates of carbon dioxide restrictions. Just days after FEP sponsored activism at GEs 2011 annual meetingwhich included two shareholder resolutions, multiple questions to the CEO, and protestors outside challenging his support of greenhouse gas regulationsthen-GE CEO Jeff Immelt announced he would no longer push such regulation.
If I had one thing to do over again, I would not have talked so much about green, said Immelt in the aftermath of the meeting.
More recently, in exchange for FEP withdrawing shareholder resolutions, seven major corporations adopted formal policies to seek greater ideological diversity on their boards.
Promoting Minority Conservatives
NCPPR also sponsors Project 21, a network of black conservative and libertarian leaders. With hundreds of members nationwide, Project 21 builds support for freedom among minority communities by putting its members on the air, creating more 45,000 media opportunities for black leaders.
One of Project 21s first efforts was the publication of an op-ed titled Jim Crow Turns Green, which was carried by the Knight Ridder newswire and picked up by more than 50 daily newspapers nationwide. The op-ed detailed how environmental regulations have a disproportionate negative impact on minorities.
In 2019, Project 21 released a Blueprint for a Better Deal for Black America, a 57-point, free-market-based plan for improving economic conditions in minority communities.
An innovative proposal in the plan calls for mandatory Minority Impact Assessments (MIAs) for all new regulations before governments may impose them. Because regulations tend to be regressive, falling particularly hard on minorities, MIAs could be a substantial brake on regulation.
Committed to the belief that ideas are important and need to be backed by action. NCPPR provides that action.
See the rest here:
- Why is Liberty missing the excitement? - Coastal Courier - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty man reunited with two men who helped save his life after heart attack - WKBN.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Defensive lineman ready to make big impression at Liberty - The Cross Timbers Gazette - September 2nd, 2020
- Opinion: 12th annual Freedom Conference was victory for liberty - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 2nd, 2020
- HEQ: Liberty President on Growing the Reverse Mortgage Business by Expanding Distribution - Reverse Mortgage Daily - September 2nd, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reader says our liberty has been taken away - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - September 2nd, 2020
- Bonner leads Sun to important 70-65 win over Liberty - theday.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Gazette area volleyball Super 10: Xavier, Liberty climb to Nos. 2 and 3 - The Gazette - September 2nd, 2020
- One man dead, another arrested following shooting in Liberty Township - WKBN.com - September 2nd, 2020
- I want the people of God to enjoy liberty: Pastor at Maine super-spreader wedding gives defiant indoor sermon - The Boston Globe - September 2nd, 2020
- At Liberty, 30 students and staff have tested positive for coronavirus - Lynchburg News and Advance - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty Springfield aims to be citys 1st recreational marijuana shop - MassLive.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Liberty Broadband to merge with GCI Liberty - RCR Wireless News - August 10th, 2020
- Falwell on leave from Liberty presidency - Inside Higher Ed - August 10th, 2020
- North Liberty police move into new $5.7 million home - The Gazette - August 10th, 2020
- New York Liberty beat the Washington Mystics 74-66 - Aug 9, 2020 - Sports Are From Venus - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty has 3 open dates on the 2020 schedule, here are a few rescheduling options - A Sea of Red - August 10th, 2020
- Local View: Wearing a mask is an expression of liberty - The Columbian - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty football notes: Quarterbacks Willis, Ferguson splitting reps at first team, and more - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 10th, 2020
- Judge Stephen Williams On Forced Public Confessions - Cato Institute - August 10th, 2020
- 16-year-old killed in off-road rollover crash near Liberty Park - AL.com - August 10th, 2020
- Utahns speak out against masks at 'Rally for Liberty' in Orem and during county commissioner's town hall - Daily Herald - August 10th, 2020
- Gettysburg? The Liberty Bell? Trump Weighs R.N.C. Speech Options - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Petition Calls on U. of Lynchburg to Cut Ties with Liberty U. and Falwell, Sr. - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 10th, 2020
- On the move: Square Caf leaving Regent Square for East Liberty - TribLIVE - August 10th, 2020
- GOP lawmaker calls on Falwell Jr. to resign over photo - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- GCI Liberty, Inc. (GLIBA) Gains 40.35% in one Year: Whats Next? - The News Heater - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty University Poured Millions Into Sports. Now Its Black Athletes Are Leaving. - Slate - August 8th, 2020
- What Sabrina Ionescu's injury means for her rookie season and the New York Liberty - ESPN - August 8th, 2020
- PHOTOS: The Diamond Horseshoe Converts Into Overflow Seating for Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom - wdwnt.com - August 8th, 2020
- Carleton, Brown have career nights, Lynx beat Liberty 92-66 - KARE11.com - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty secures two more wide receiver commitments - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Gill, Edwards returning to Liberty University as executive vice presidents of diversity - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Bank Amphitheater cancelling events for rest of year - Alton Telegraph - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Latin America Reports Q2 and H1 2020 Results - Business Wire - August 7th, 2020
- Still searching for their first W in 2020, Liberty take on the Lynx - NetsDaily - August 7th, 2020
- Recent conference decisions impacting Liberty's 2020 football schedule - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Sabrina Ionescu exits with ankle injury as Liberty await word on severity - ESPN - August 7th, 2020
- Tuesday briefing: Britons flee Brexit by the thousands - The Guardian - August 5th, 2020
- The Buzz: Is it open or closed? Five answers - Post-Crescent - August 5th, 2020
- Serving the underserved: East Liberty Family Health Care Center - WTAE Pittsburgh - August 5th, 2020
- Liberty Global and Virgin Media Bring Gigabit Speeds to Glasgow, Leeds and Bradford - Business Wire - August 5th, 2020
- Montana Viewpoint: Defending government property at the expense of liberty - Missoula Current - August 5th, 2020
- LEGOs Statue of Liberty hits $100 + deals on Technic, Avengers, more from $12 - 9to5Toys - August 5th, 2020
- The Collabs: Timberland Teams Up with Liberty London for Floral Collection + More - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 5th, 2020
- Marshall County Legislative Delegation makes donation to the Liberty Learning Foundation - Sand Mountain Reporter - August 5th, 2020
- Pastor accused of sexually abusing minor while assigned to Liberty parish - KCTV Kansas City - August 5th, 2020
- Short-lived jail break in Liberty ends with arrests of three inmates - Bluebonnet News - August 5th, 2020
- Black Athletes Are Abandoning Liberty University Because of the School's Racism - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty Utility nixes Granite Bridge pipeline, gets increased capacity from another pipeline - The Union Leader - August 3rd, 2020
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Wildfires threaten summer cottages at Liberty Lake - The Spokesman-Review - August 3rd, 2020
- It's all relative with the Statue of Liberty - The Spectator USA - August 3rd, 2020
- Lions Club's and Liberty United Methodist Church holds food giveaway in Macon - 13WMAZ.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty University receives preliminary guidance from Bedford County to pursue New London Airport expansion - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 3rd, 2020
- The Exact Trigger that Indicates Volatility in Liberty Broadband Corp - CMLViz.com - CML News - August 3rd, 2020
- How Sixers need to utilize Ben Simmons at the elbows - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Sixers look to bounce back tonight against the Spurs - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Have You Seen This? Dramatic lightning bolt lights up Statue of Liberty - KSL.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty Utilities nixes Granite Bridge pipeline, gets increased capacity from another pipeline - The Union Leader - August 2nd, 2020
- OPINION: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Standard-Times - August 2nd, 2020
- Letter to the Editor: Universal health care is essential to liberty - Press Herald - August 2nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Package Recovered - Lady In Light Blue Jeep Liberty Sought In Connection With Brazen Daylight Sheldon Theft - KIWARadio.com - August 2nd, 2020
- Has Liberty Oilfield Services Inc.'s (NYSE:LBRT) Impressive Stock Performance Got Anything to Do With Its Fundamentals? - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- North Liberty urges residents to wear face masks, calls on businesses to adopt mask policies - The Gazette - July 29th, 2020
- What Kind Of Investors Own Most Of Liberty Broadband Corporation (NASDAQ:LBRD.K)? - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- Serene Two-Bed Condo with Sunny Terrace is Entertainer's Dream, Liberty Terrace, DTJC - Jersey Digs - July 29th, 2020
- Liberty University won't require COVID-19 test for returning students this fall - Lynchburg News and Advance - July 29th, 2020
- W.N.B.A. Preview: With Sabrina Ionescu, the Liberty Hit Refresh - The New York Times - July 29th, 2020
- Reflecting on Liberty Global's (NASDAQ:LBTY.A) Share Price Returns Over The Last Five Years - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- Financial Insights and Technical Data on The Liberty Braves Group (BATRA) - Invest Million - July 29th, 2020
- Mostly Outdoor Restaurant and Bar Arrives in Liberty Station - Eater San Diego - July 29th, 2020
- Game 2: Liberty look for their first win of the new season against Dallas - NetsDaily - July 29th, 2020
- The Presley and other restaurants opening at Liberty Station - New restaurants like The Presley and others are opening throughout Liberty Station.... - July 29th, 2020
- Lady In Light Blue Jeep Liberty Sought In Connection With Brazen Daylight Sheldon Theft - KIWARadio.com - July 28th, 2020
- Why Will Spark The Next Run With The Liberty Braves Group (BATRK) Shares? - Invest Million - July 28th, 2020
- Liberty Twp. gets grant to extend walking and biking path - The Cincinnati Enquirer - July 28th, 2020
- Have You Seen This? Statue of Liberty repeatedly struck by lightning - KSL.com - July 28th, 2020
- NASA: Asteroid Bigger Than Statue Of Liberty To Fly Safely Past Earth - International Business Times - July 28th, 2020
- Rumor: GTA 6 Set in Vice City, GTA Online Heading to Remastered Liberty City Later This Year - ComicBook.com - July 28th, 2020
- Improvements coming to 18 Liberty Twp. roads this year - WKBN.com - July 28th, 2020