Founded in 1982, the National Center for Public Policy Research (NCPPR) was created not to be just another think tank but rather a do tank providing the freedom movement with what its founders called missing ingredients for success.
Countering Shareholder Activism
Early on, NCPPR realized if conservatives were to prevail on such important issues as climate change, they would have to dissuade corporations from giving the Left the lobbying and financial support that had often been critical to its success in the past.
Accordingly, NCPPR established and sponsors the Free Enterprise Project (FEP), the movements only full-service shareholder activism and education program, to neutralize corporations advancing the progressive agenda.
FEP files shareholder resolutions to give it leverage to force corporations to the negotiating table. It also publicly grills CEOs at their annual shareholder meetings over their support of radical green policies, commissions polls to show corporate boards how their political activism damages their brands, and runs targeted TV ads to turn up the heat. These efforts have garnered enormous amounts of media attention.
One of FEPs first corporate targets was GE, at that time one of the leading corporate advocates of carbon dioxide restrictions. Just days after FEP sponsored activism at GEs 2011 annual meetingwhich included two shareholder resolutions, multiple questions to the CEO, and protestors outside challenging his support of greenhouse gas regulationsthen-GE CEO Jeff Immelt announced he would no longer push such regulation.
If I had one thing to do over again, I would not have talked so much about green, said Immelt in the aftermath of the meeting.
More recently, in exchange for FEP withdrawing shareholder resolutions, seven major corporations adopted formal policies to seek greater ideological diversity on their boards.
Promoting Minority Conservatives
NCPPR also sponsors Project 21, a network of black conservative and libertarian leaders. With hundreds of members nationwide, Project 21 builds support for freedom among minority communities by putting its members on the air, creating more 45,000 media opportunities for black leaders.
One of Project 21s first efforts was the publication of an op-ed titled Jim Crow Turns Green, which was carried by the Knight Ridder newswire and picked up by more than 50 daily newspapers nationwide. The op-ed detailed how environmental regulations have a disproportionate negative impact on minorities.
In 2019, Project 21 released a Blueprint for a Better Deal for Black America, a 57-point, free-market-based plan for improving economic conditions in minority communities.
An innovative proposal in the plan calls for mandatory Minority Impact Assessments (MIAs) for all new regulations before governments may impose them. Because regulations tend to be regressive, falling particularly hard on minorities, MIAs could be a substantial brake on regulation.
Committed to the belief that ideas are important and need to be backed by action. NCPPR provides that action.
See the rest here:
- Liberty University President defends keeping the school open amid the coronavirus pandemic - - KUSI - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty Media's John Malone still believes in the future of live events despite coronavirus - CNBC - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty's Top 5 DBs of all-time - A Sea of Red - May 22nd, 2020
- Dryville Hotel being converted to Liberty at Dryville | Berks Regional News - 69News WFMZ-TV - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty recruit Merritt 'going to come in and work hard' - Lynchburg News and Advance - May 22nd, 2020
- PHS' Kyle Moore headed to West Liberty | News, Sports, Jobs - Parkersburg News - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty Arena targeted for early October completion - Lynchburg News and Advance - May 22nd, 2020
- UConn's Kelly (Schumacher) Raimon took a winding path to a WNBA coaching job with the Liberty - Minneapolis Star Tribune - May 22nd, 2020
- 17-year-old charged with burglary in Liberty - Bluebonnet News - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty in the Time of Corona - publicseminar.org - May 22nd, 2020
- West Liberty to conduct its own ball season - Bellefontaine Examiner - May 22nd, 2020
- Liberty London | Designer Department Store | Luxury Brands ... - May 19th, 2020
- Best Banks in Connecticut | Liberty Bank - May 19th, 2020
- Mill Creek, Liberty rated as CLAS School of Distinction - The Madison Record - themadisonrecord.com - May 19th, 2020
- Liberty and Liberty North celebrate class of 2020 with two graduation parades through town - fox4kc.com - May 19th, 2020
- State Supreme Courts Stand Up for Economic Liberty While SCOTUS Falls Down on the Job - Reason - May 19th, 2020
- Department of Labor Strengthens Religious Liberty Protections for Faith-Based Organizations Partnering with Government - GlobeNewswire - May 19th, 2020
- Sabrina Ionescu should have been dazzling loyal Liberty fans at Barclays this weekend - Yahoo Sports - May 19th, 2020
- Remember When: Liberty and Palace theaters compete with Tarzan films - Lancaster Eagle Gazette - May 19th, 2020
- NJ police do the right thing for liberty at gym that opened up (Opinion) - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - May 19th, 2020
- Benjamin Constant's Writing Reaffirms the Value of Ancient Liberty - City Journal - May 19th, 2020
- Still standing at 70: Here's the story behind Tulsa's Statue of Liberty - Tulsa World - May 19th, 2020
- Liberty athletics notebook: Maine pitcher DeLaite transferring to LU; Byron to honor duo at Coca-Cola 600 - Lynchburg News and Advance - May 19th, 2020
- Opinion: Five steps to protect public health, regain trust and ensure liberty - The Detroit News - May 19th, 2020
- C&I Live Tweet: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance on INSP - Cowboys and Indians - May 19th, 2020
- Andy McCarthy: 'Burden of proof' is on government to show why 'liberty' must be taken - Fox News - April 27th, 2020
- Letter: Personal liberty doesnt give you the right to endanger others - Deseret News - April 27th, 2020
- Liberty versus the virus | Diana Barshaw - The Times of Israel - April 27th, 2020
- Liberty Center man to be released from Marion prison - Sentinel-Tribune - April 27th, 2020
- Group Conversion Therapy And Its Aftermath At Liberty University - rvamag.com - April 27th, 2020
- The real problem with the manufactured coronavirus liberty protests - Seattle Times - April 27th, 2020
- Liberty University's Board of Trustees should remove Jerry Falwell Jr as the school's president - LGBTQ Nation - April 27th, 2020
- Stephen Sings officially signs with Liberty - A Sea of Red - April 27th, 2020
- Beloved Liberty coach Jesse Woods remembered for life of giving - Chron - April 27th, 2020
- Letter to the editor: Destruction of life, liberty, happiness - TribLIVE - April 27th, 2020
- Coronavirus has led to the erosion of religious liberty - White Mountain Independent - April 27th, 2020
- Former Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden ready to hear his name called in NFL Draft - Lynchburg News and Advance - April 27th, 2020
- Why the New York Liberty sent so many front office staff to watch Sabrina Ionescu, how they plan to use the f - OregonLive - April 27th, 2020
- 'Liberty and freedom' | Other counties say they will not require masks like Harris County, Houston - KHOU.com - April 27th, 2020
- A Second Amendment Challenge in the Green Mountain State - Cato Institute - April 27th, 2020
- 'Freedom and liberty to work' rally is canceled; or is it? - Martha's Vineyard Times - April 27th, 2020
- Liberty Health Sciences Announces Expansion of its Cannabis Brand Portfolio - Yahoo Finance - April 24th, 2020
- Deja Gaston and Alex Murphy: Coronavirus protesters demand 'liberty' at the expense of the rest of us - Salt Lake Tribune - April 24th, 2020
- $2.11 $2.37: is It Good Range to Buy Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc. (LTRPA)? - The News Heater - April 24th, 2020
- Lansdales Liberty Bell Trail Named Region Project Of The Year - Montgomeryville, PA Patch - April 24th, 2020
- The Debate Between Liberty-Minded and Common-Good Conservatives Is Nothing New - National Review - April 24th, 2020
- Connecting Liberty Lake ready to help: Citys volunteers wait for calls from those in need - The Spokesman-Review - April 24th, 2020
- Rallying for the 'freedom and liberty to work' - Martha's Vineyard Times - April 24th, 2020
- Is One Liberty Properties, Inc.'s (NYSE:OLP) ROE Of 6.4% Impressive? - Yahoo Finance - April 24th, 2020
- Liberty end up with 4 of top 12 picks after draft-night deals - ESPN - April 24th, 2020
- Yes, government can restrict your liberty to protect public health - Los Angeles Times - April 24th, 2020
- Carnival Liberty | Deck Plans, Activities & Sailings ... - March 31st, 2020
- Liberty AV Solutions - Your Best Source for Pro AV ... - March 31st, 2020
- Liberty University to offer $1,000 credit to students who leave dorms by Saturday because of coronavirus - Richmond.com - March 31st, 2020
- Falwell says concerns about students returning to Liberty University are overblown - CNN - March 31st, 2020
- Two COVID-19 cases confirmed aboard Liberty of the Seas - Galveston County Daily News - March 31st, 2020
- KHS grad Robinson had found a spot on NCAA Tournament-bound Liberty - Kearney Hub - March 31st, 2020
- Fire Oak Distillery in Liberty Hill has produced nearly 600 gallons of sanitizer for Williamson County first responders, community - Community Impact... - March 31st, 2020
- History's Headlines: The Liberty Bell stopped here - 69News WFMZ-TV - March 31st, 2020
- Liberty urged to help smaller F1 teams survive shutdown - RACER - March 31st, 2020
- Liberty - IMDb - March 26th, 2020
- Jerry Falwell, Liberty Universitys choice to stay open during coronavirus, explained - Vox.com - March 26th, 2020
- Thousands of Liberty students expected to return to campus amid coronavirus outbreak - Richmond.com - March 26th, 2020
- Central Virginia Health District performs surprise inspection at Liberty University as students return to campus - WFXRtv.com - March 26th, 2020
- Eyes that Gleam with Liberty Green - The Georgetown Voice - March 26th, 2020
- AP all-state: Libertys Maisie Burnham named girls 2B player of the year - The Spokesman-Review - March 26th, 2020
- The Passing of a Great Advocate of Liberty and Peace: Jon Basil Utley, RIP | Doug Bandow - Foundation for Economic Education - March 26th, 2020
- What is the cost of freedom and liberty in the era of coronavirus? | TheHill - The Hill - March 26th, 2020
- Liberty Twp. leaders, churches step up to help with grocery delivery - WKBN.com - March 26th, 2020
- Learjets Speedy New Business Jet Comes With Its Own Mini Executive Suite - Robb Report - March 26th, 2020
- Life, liberty ... and the fundamental right to birdie 17 at Shenny - theday.com - March 26th, 2020
- A look at the top paid athletic employees at Liberty - A Sea of Red - March 26th, 2020
- How West Chester, Liberty townships are reacting to coronavirus - Hamilton Journal News - March 26th, 2020
- Pressure on Liberty Media to protect UK F1 teams - Planet F1 - March 26th, 2020
- 'Extremely high' North Liberty man arrested after reporting captive in his basement - The Gazette - March 26th, 2020
- Selection of Sarah Makin-Acciani shows the commitment to religious liberty | TheHill - The Hill - March 26th, 2020
- Liberty London gives Crocs a luxury make-over: Shop the collaboration - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 16th, 2020
- Liberty coaches, athletes stunned and in disbelief following ASUN's cancellation of spring sports - Lynchburg News and Advance - March 16th, 2020
- Falwell: Liberty University will resume in-person classes after spring break - Lynchburg News and Advance - March 16th, 2020
- Crowning the best Liberty basketball team of all-time - A Sea of Red - March 16th, 2020