VANCOUVER, BC , June 22, 2020 /CNW/ -Liberty Leaf Holdings Ltd. (LIB.CN) (HN3P.F) (LIBFF) ("LIB" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement (the "Agreement") with Nova Mentis Biotech Corp. ("NOVA"), pursuant to which LIB will acquire, by way of share exchange, 100 per cent of all of the issued and outstanding securities of NOVA (the "Transaction").
Liberty Leaf Logo (CNW Group/Liberty Leaf Holdings)
Highlights of the Transaction:
NOVA is a research and development driven company that is focused on investigating the anti-inflammatory effects of psilocybin in underexplored metabolic indications such as obesity and diabetes. NOVA is of the view that its target indications represent vast and growing segments of the population. For example, in the United States , more than 10.5% of the population has Diabetes, which represents approximately 34.2 million people. Diabetes treatment can bare significant economic burden to patients with the average out of pocket monthly cost being estimated at $360 USD . According to a report by Fortune Business Insights, the global diabetes drug market size was valued at USD $48 Billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD $78 Billion by 2026. Increasing societal prevalence of sedentary lifestyles coupled with vast access to inexpensive and nutritionally void food options are likely to contribute to further incidence of obesity and diabetes in the future. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, 39.8% of the US population aged 20 and over were considered obese in 2016, with an additional 31.8% being considered overweight. Obese individuals have a significantly higher incidence of depression (close to 30%) compared to the general population. Bidirectionally, according to the CDC, about 43% of depressed people are obese.
The strong therapeutic potential of psilocybin has emerged for a wide range of disorders, primarily mental health related. NOVA is focusing on a cohort group that has been very difficult to treat, both acutely and also in a sustainable way. This group of individuals have an overlap in two widespread and very important indications, obesity and depression. These comorbid conditions share inflammation as an important common mediator.NOVA's pre-clinical scientific study thus far is focused on targeting the gut-brain axis to modulate inflammation in this context. The aim is to utilize the unique properties of psilocybin to address both physiological and behavioural factors in obesity and comorbid depression.
NOVA was founded and is led by Dr. Aylia Mohammadi. Dr. Mohammadi obtained her PhD in Biological Physics from the Donnelly Centre for Cellular & Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto , and subsequently completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto . Aylia is a TEDx speaker, and has presented her work at international conferences. Her graduate training was inherently multidisciplinary, integrating techniques in molecular biology, neuroscience, and genetics. For her postdoctoral research, she examined underlying molecular mechanisms of inflammatory bowel disease, giving her a strong and relevant background to guide NOVA's scientific aims.
"Recent scientific advancement coupled with shifting opinions amongst, both the medical and general communities, at large regarding psychedelics including psilocybin make it a sector worthy of investment," stated Will Rascan , President and CEO of LIB. "Since our shift into cannabis in 2014, and our subsequent investment in Just Kush Enterprises Ltd, - now a holder of three Health Canada Cannabis Licenses we have focused on emerging trends and shifting public awareness of natural based compounds for health and wellness, I believe this acquisition compliments our current legal cannabis portfolio and provides stakeholders with an early entrance in a new flourishing market."
Pursuant to the Agreement, LIB will acquire 100 per cent of the issued and outstanding shares in the capital of NOVA in exchange for 115,000,000 common shares in the capital of the Company (the "LIB Consideration Shares") at a deemed price per share equal to $0.05 .
In connection with the Transaction, certain NOVA shareholders have agreed to a voluntary hold period pursuant to which 43,907,695 LIB Consideration Shares will be subject to trading restriction. Specifically, 21,953,847 LIB Consideration Shares will be released on the three (3) month anniversary of closing the Transaction, and 21,953,848 LIB Consideration Shares will be released on the six (6) month anniversary of closing the Transaction.
LIB also announces that it plans to consolidate all of the Company's issued and outstanding common shares on the basis of four (4) pre-consolidated shares for every one (1) post-consolidated share (the "Consolidation"). After giving effect to the Transaction, LIB will have 243,526,132 common shares issued and outstanding. Upon completion of the Consolidation, LIB will have 60,881,533 common shares issued and outstanding. Further, in connection with the Consolidation, the Company intends to change its name to "Nova Mentis Life Science Corp." with a corresponding symbol change to "NOVA".
The Company will issue a further news release announcing the effective date in which the Company will commence trading under the new name and symbol on a post-consolidated basis.
About Liberty Leaf Holdings Ltd.
Liberty Leaf Holdings Ltd. is a Canadian-based, public company whose focus is to build and support a diversified portfolio of cannabis-sector businesses, including cultivation, processing and value-added products within this dynamic and fast-growing sector.
On Behalf of the Board
Will Rascan , President & CEOLiberty Leaf Holdings Ltd.
Phone: 778-819-0244Toll Free: 1-833-LIB-LEAF (542-5323)
Twitter: @LibertyLeafCSEFacebook: LibertyLeafCSEInstagram: libertyleafcse
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Market Regulator (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains statements that constitute "forward-looking statements." Such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Liberty Leaf's actual results, performance or achievements, or developments in the industry to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Forward looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by the words "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "intends," "estimates," "projects," "potential" and similar expressions, or that events or conditions "will," "would," "may," "could" or "should" occur.
SOURCE Liberty Leaf Holdings
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2020/22/c2929.html
See the original post here:
- Liberty Broadband to merge with GCI Liberty - RCR Wireless News - August 10th, 2020
- Falwell on leave from Liberty presidency - Inside Higher Ed - August 10th, 2020
- North Liberty police move into new $5.7 million home - The Gazette - August 10th, 2020
- New York Liberty beat the Washington Mystics 74-66 - Aug 9, 2020 - Sports Are From Venus - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty has 3 open dates on the 2020 schedule, here are a few rescheduling options - A Sea of Red - August 10th, 2020
- Local View: Wearing a mask is an expression of liberty - The Columbian - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty football notes: Quarterbacks Willis, Ferguson splitting reps at first team, and more - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 10th, 2020
- Judge Stephen Williams On Forced Public Confessions - Cato Institute - August 10th, 2020
- 16-year-old killed in off-road rollover crash near Liberty Park - AL.com - August 10th, 2020
- Utahns speak out against masks at 'Rally for Liberty' in Orem and during county commissioner's town hall - Daily Herald - August 10th, 2020
- Gettysburg? The Liberty Bell? Trump Weighs R.N.C. Speech Options - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Petition Calls on U. of Lynchburg to Cut Ties with Liberty U. and Falwell, Sr. - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 10th, 2020
- On the move: Square Caf leaving Regent Square for East Liberty - TribLIVE - August 10th, 2020
- GOP lawmaker calls on Falwell Jr. to resign over photo - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- GCI Liberty, Inc. (GLIBA) Gains 40.35% in one Year: Whats Next? - The News Heater - August 10th, 2020
- Liberty University Poured Millions Into Sports. Now Its Black Athletes Are Leaving. - Slate - August 8th, 2020
- What Sabrina Ionescu's injury means for her rookie season and the New York Liberty - ESPN - August 8th, 2020
- PHOTOS: The Diamond Horseshoe Converts Into Overflow Seating for Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom - wdwnt.com - August 8th, 2020
- Carleton, Brown have career nights, Lynx beat Liberty 92-66 - KARE11.com - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty secures two more wide receiver commitments - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Gill, Edwards returning to Liberty University as executive vice presidents of diversity - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Bank Amphitheater cancelling events for rest of year - Alton Telegraph - August 7th, 2020
- Liberty Latin America Reports Q2 and H1 2020 Results - Business Wire - August 7th, 2020
- Still searching for their first W in 2020, Liberty take on the Lynx - NetsDaily - August 7th, 2020
- Recent conference decisions impacting Liberty's 2020 football schedule - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 7th, 2020
- Sabrina Ionescu exits with ankle injury as Liberty await word on severity - ESPN - August 7th, 2020
- Tuesday briefing: Britons flee Brexit by the thousands - The Guardian - August 5th, 2020
- The Buzz: Is it open or closed? Five answers - Post-Crescent - August 5th, 2020
- Serving the underserved: East Liberty Family Health Care Center - WTAE Pittsburgh - August 5th, 2020
- Liberty Global and Virgin Media Bring Gigabit Speeds to Glasgow, Leeds and Bradford - Business Wire - August 5th, 2020
- Montana Viewpoint: Defending government property at the expense of liberty - Missoula Current - August 5th, 2020
- LEGOs Statue of Liberty hits $100 + deals on Technic, Avengers, more from $12 - 9to5Toys - August 5th, 2020
- The Collabs: Timberland Teams Up with Liberty London for Floral Collection + More - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 5th, 2020
- Marshall County Legislative Delegation makes donation to the Liberty Learning Foundation - Sand Mountain Reporter - August 5th, 2020
- Pastor accused of sexually abusing minor while assigned to Liberty parish - KCTV Kansas City - August 5th, 2020
- Short-lived jail break in Liberty ends with arrests of three inmates - Bluebonnet News - August 5th, 2020
- Black Athletes Are Abandoning Liberty University Because of the School's Racism - Friendly Atheist - Patheos - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty Utility nixes Granite Bridge pipeline, gets increased capacity from another pipeline - The Union Leader - August 3rd, 2020
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Wildfires threaten summer cottages at Liberty Lake - The Spokesman-Review - August 3rd, 2020
- It's all relative with the Statue of Liberty - The Spectator USA - August 3rd, 2020
- Lions Club's and Liberty United Methodist Church holds food giveaway in Macon - 13WMAZ.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty University receives preliminary guidance from Bedford County to pursue New London Airport expansion - Lynchburg News and Advance - August 3rd, 2020
- The Exact Trigger that Indicates Volatility in Liberty Broadband Corp - CMLViz.com - CML News - August 3rd, 2020
- How Sixers need to utilize Ben Simmons at the elbows - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Sixers look to bounce back tonight against the Spurs - Liberty Ballers - August 3rd, 2020
- Have You Seen This? Dramatic lightning bolt lights up Statue of Liberty - KSL.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Liberty Utilities nixes Granite Bridge pipeline, gets increased capacity from another pipeline - The Union Leader - August 2nd, 2020
- OPINION: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Standard-Times - August 2nd, 2020
- Letter to the Editor: Universal health care is essential to liberty - Press Herald - August 2nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Package Recovered - Lady In Light Blue Jeep Liberty Sought In Connection With Brazen Daylight Sheldon Theft - KIWARadio.com - August 2nd, 2020
- Has Liberty Oilfield Services Inc.'s (NYSE:LBRT) Impressive Stock Performance Got Anything to Do With Its Fundamentals? - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- North Liberty urges residents to wear face masks, calls on businesses to adopt mask policies - The Gazette - July 29th, 2020
- What Kind Of Investors Own Most Of Liberty Broadband Corporation (NASDAQ:LBRD.K)? - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- Serene Two-Bed Condo with Sunny Terrace is Entertainer's Dream, Liberty Terrace, DTJC - Jersey Digs - July 29th, 2020
- Liberty University won't require COVID-19 test for returning students this fall - Lynchburg News and Advance - July 29th, 2020
- W.N.B.A. Preview: With Sabrina Ionescu, the Liberty Hit Refresh - The New York Times - July 29th, 2020
- Reflecting on Liberty Global's (NASDAQ:LBTY.A) Share Price Returns Over The Last Five Years - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- Financial Insights and Technical Data on The Liberty Braves Group (BATRA) - Invest Million - July 29th, 2020
- Mostly Outdoor Restaurant and Bar Arrives in Liberty Station - Eater San Diego - July 29th, 2020
- Game 2: Liberty look for their first win of the new season against Dallas - NetsDaily - July 29th, 2020
- The Presley and other restaurants opening at Liberty Station - New restaurants like The Presley and others are opening throughout Liberty Station.... - July 29th, 2020
- Lady In Light Blue Jeep Liberty Sought In Connection With Brazen Daylight Sheldon Theft - KIWARadio.com - July 28th, 2020
- Why Will Spark The Next Run With The Liberty Braves Group (BATRK) Shares? - Invest Million - July 28th, 2020
- Liberty Twp. gets grant to extend walking and biking path - The Cincinnati Enquirer - July 28th, 2020
- Have You Seen This? Statue of Liberty repeatedly struck by lightning - KSL.com - July 28th, 2020
- NASA: Asteroid Bigger Than Statue Of Liberty To Fly Safely Past Earth - International Business Times - July 28th, 2020
- Rumor: GTA 6 Set in Vice City, GTA Online Heading to Remastered Liberty City Later This Year - ComicBook.com - July 28th, 2020
- Improvements coming to 18 Liberty Twp. roads this year - WKBN.com - July 28th, 2020
- Liberty back on the court preparing for a 2020-21 season - A Sea of Red - July 28th, 2020
- Statutes of Liberty: There's No Public Defender -- Where to Go If You Can't Afford an Immigration Lawyer - ARLnow - July 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus in N.Y.C.: Will the Tourists Ever Come Back? - The New York Times - July 26th, 2020
- Movement designed to bring pressure on Liberty Hill City government - Liberty Hill Independent - July 26th, 2020
- Liberty rookie Jocelyn Willoughby looking to make impact on and off court - New York Post - July 26th, 2020
- Falwell on Liberty's 2020 football season: Our schedule's going to be totally different than what we've published - A Sea of Red - July 26th, 2020
- Liberty Fire responds to camper that caught fire on Rt. 11 - WKBN.com - July 26th, 2020
- Christopher Bray: Of liberty and masks - a trade-off that will help save lives, maybe your own - Brattleboro Reformer - July 25th, 2020
- Liberty Hill Foundation: UCLA Luskin researchers find emPOWER outreach campaign led by community-based organizations successful in reaching areas of... - July 25th, 2020
- New mural brightens Benkard and Liberty in Newburgh - Times Herald-Record - July 25th, 2020
- Trump's stormtroopers crush liberty on the streets of Portland - Salon - July 25th, 2020
- Police: Woman hurt as shots were fired between 2 groups near Liberty Heights Park in West Allis - WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee - July 25th, 2020