The 2019 circus portion of the Democratic presidential primary contest has starkly highlighted a major flaw that may handicap the party for another decade or more. The year drove home the disquieting fact that all of the real players within the Dem dynamic today are either rapidly aging career politicians or strikingly immature radicals. Given that an overwhelming percentage of the American people are beyond fatigued with Swamp lifers and every bit as put off by brash young socialists promoting revolutionary unrest, Democrats find themselves stuck between a wheezing rock and a wild-eyed hard place.
Hes not a healthy guy, Dr. David Scheiner, who served as Barack Obamas personal physician for 22 years before the latter became president, stated after examining the medical records released by Joe Bidens campaign. Hes not in bad shape for his age, but I wouldnt say hes in outstanding health, Scheiner told The Washington Examiner. Could I guarantee he wont have issues for the next four years? He has a lot of issues that are just sort of sitting there.
Scheiner said the information provided on Bidens medical records have him concerned that the 77-year-old former vice president is at a heightened risk for strokes, and the physician declared he would like to see an MRI or CT scan from Biden. The records also reveal Biden suffers from an irregular heartbeat and sleep apnea at his advanced age. I had no idea Biden had such a history. My goodness gracious, hes got a lot of history, Scheiner told the paper.
This alarm from a respected doctor means Democrats feature two candidates atop their 2020 presidential nomination totem pole who are nearing 80 and are saddled with significant health issues. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) suffered a serious heart attack in the Fall, shortly after turning 78. These two fragile White House aspirants combine for some 80-odd years of time spent in elected office. Bidens alleged appeal to moderates in the party is largely built around establishment standing accumulated from 40-plus years of sitting in a cozy chair in the Swamp.
It is certainly reasonable to ponder whether there may be a health component to Bidens highly erratic behavior on the campaign trail. As Liberty Nations Graham Noble aptly put it, every one of Bidens gaffes, bouts of amnesia, inappropriate statements, and uninvited physical interactions will not be cataloged here, but suffice it to say his antics, over the years, can variously be described as baffling, creepy, jaw dropping, and very often unintentionally hilarious. Yes, his record on this score dates back to his disastrous 1988 presidential run, but Biden has exhibited all of these bizarre traits to an even more pronounced degree over the past few months.
Sanders, meanwhile, is eventually going to have to explain how holding down a political office nonstop (with one brief respite) since 1981 qualifies him as a change candidate. He will have to do so while reassuring potential voters that his precarious heart health will not be a liability in a strenuous general election campaign.
On the other edge of the partys movers and shakers are the young radical firebrands. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) just turned 30. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) is a bit older at 38. Both scare the daylights out of Heartland Americans with their revolutionary social justice stylings and socialist economic agenda. Yet Ocasio-Cortez went from bartender to leading voice of young Democrats overnight. The fact that she was able to instantly climb such a party pedestal is further evidence of the dearth of responsible and mature non-elderly Dems with real standing on the political landscape.
This points directly toward what is sizing up to be a lost generation of Dem leaders. The 2019 portion of the presidential campaign revealed with searing clarity just how devoid of gravitas the 40-55 age group of Dems has shown itself to be. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, 53, ran a shockingly lightweight campaign flavored with cheesy reality TV posturing instead of forthright policy positions. Trading dresses with drag queens in Des Moines and downing whiskeys on the campaign trail amazingly did not propel a pandering Gillibrand to the top of the heap.
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) is 55. Thrust into a larger spotlight after a successful first debate performance, Harris instantly wilted, evincing a total inability to articulate a meaningful vision to potential voters.
From the very beginning of his nondescript run Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), 50, has tried to float by as a 2020 Obama, hoping that a minority face preaching a vague theme of unity would be enough to get him to the top. He has barely registered a pulse.
Former Housing Secretary Julian Castro is 45. He has focused far too much on racial grievance and stumping for illegal aliens. A nonentity in the polls, Castro has been most recently seen lecturing Iowans that they are too white to have the first opportunity to cast votes in the Dem primary race.
This was the heart of the middle-aged Dem presidential field. At an age where life and work experience should have cloaked them in an air of seriousness and heft, there was only pose and vacuity. The older but not quite yet elderly Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), 70, and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), 59, are sputtering in place as we head into 2020. It would seem that Democrats best shot to have a strong, sensible candidate able to do battle with the instinctively talented campaigner that is President Trump has been dashed due to the across-the-board weak performance put up by the forty- and fiftysomethings.
And so Dems are left with doddering geriatric career politicians and immature, inexperienced agitators as the tip of their political spear heading into a presidential election with an incumbent president armed with rock-solid support from his base. Dems like to portray themselves as the dynamic, progressive party of the future, but 2019 has revealed that they lack the combination of liveliness and stability needed to effectively connect with mainstream Americans. President Trump may be 73, but his energy and vitality more than make up for that. Democrats must be heading into the new year scratching their heads over what happened to their middle-aged hopefuls. Before push has even come close to shove, they have all melted away with nary a whimper.
Read more from Joe Schaeffer.
View original post here:
- Liberty London | Designer Department Store | Luxury Brands ... - January 5th, 2020
- Sale | Liberty London Sale | Liberty London - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty's defense stifles NJIT, 65-38 - WSET - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty boys basketball doesnt beat buzzer, but does beat Whitehall in OT - lehighvalleylive.com - January 5th, 2020
- New York Liberty to reveal new head coach on Wednesday morning - Elite Sports NY - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Selected by Uber to Cover Drivers in New England, South Carolina and Puerto Rico - PRNewswire - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty Women To Open New Year with Meets At Florida, FGCU - SwimSwam - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty Vittert: Got a resolution for the New Year? Here's a statistician's advice on how to keep it - Fox Business - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty Hill woman accused of beating that sent son to hospital - Austin American-Statesman - January 5th, 2020
- Liberty, Equality, and Identity - The Bulwark - January 5th, 2020
- Josh Richardson and others are right to call out Sixers' effort - Liberty Ballers - January 5th, 2020
- This Week in Mid-Major: Liberty takes a page from UVa's playbook, Bryant's shot-swatter, the top 10 and more - The Athletic - January 5th, 2020
- YEAR END: Liberty County baseball coach and wife electrocuted, son injured at baseball field - The News Herald - January 5th, 2020
- Patriots hook up Navy Football with nice transportation to Liberty Bowl - 98.5 The Sports Hub - December 26th, 2019
- Stephen Calvert, Liberty Top Georgia Southern 23-16 to Win 2019 Cure Bowl - Bleacher Report - December 26th, 2019
- Donald Trump, Jerry Falwell Jr., and Liberty Universitys Football Vision - The Ringer - December 26th, 2019
- Akron faces Liberty in Washington - WVVA TV - December 26th, 2019
- Liberty Media Floated the Idea of Buying IndyCar Alongside its F1 Acquisition - Essentially Sports - December 26th, 2019
- Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 and 2 Pro true wireless buds are down to $60 and $110 ($40 off) - Android Police - December 26th, 2019
- Diventures' new 60-foot-pool in North Liberty is heated and ready for scuba divers in training - The Gazette - December 26th, 2019
- Liberty and the Birth of Jesus Go Hand in Hand - Liberty Nation - December 26th, 2019
- Liberty family seeks justice after 'targeted attack' of their dog in its own back yard - WYFF4 Greenville - December 26th, 2019
- 820 Liberty Avenue went from yow to wow creating four large lofts in an extensive renovation - NEXTpittsburgh - December 26th, 2019
- Kiggins, Liberty theaters strive for creativity - Columbian.com - The Columbian - December 26th, 2019
- Watch the parade for the 61st AutoZone Liberty Bowl on Local 24! - WATN - Local 24 - December 26th, 2019
- Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro review: The best-sounding earbuds of 2019 [Video] - 9to5Google - December 26th, 2019
- Games to Watch This Weekend for Liberty's Bowl Hopes (11/26 edition) - A Sea of Red - November 27th, 2019
- Heather Stearns of Tallahassee, Florida, Has Recently Been Appointed President of LIBERTY Dental Plan of Florida, Inc. - Business Wire - November 27th, 2019
- PHOTOS: Umbrellas, Tables, and Seating Appear at Liberty Square... - wdwnt.com - November 27th, 2019
- Newark Liberty International Airport is Actually in Elizabeth, NJ- (County of Union) Now the Destination is Visible to Passengers - Yahoo Finance - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty vs. Morgan State odds: 2019 The Islands of the Bahamas Showcase picks, predictions from proven model - CBS Sports - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty defeats UMKC to win the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase - A Sea of Red - November 27th, 2019
- The Liberty Foundation Awards $422,000 to 18 Nonprofit Organizations | Business Gallery - The Weekly Journal - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty Science Center's Inaugural Genius of New Jersey to Honor Innovators Who Make the State a World Leader in Cutting-Edge Applied Science -... - November 27th, 2019
- Sixty minutes for 60 more: Liberty focuses on final chance to become bowl eligible - Lynchburg News and Advance - November 27th, 2019
- What to Be Thankful For | Cato @ Liberty - Cato Institute - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty's John Malone sees HBO losing out in the streaming wars - CNBC - November 27th, 2019
- Count liberty among our blessings this Thanksgiving - cleveland.com - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty CEO sees Sirius well positioned in audio boom with exclusive content like Howard Stern - CNBC - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty Securities Selects Broadridge to Simplify Post-Trade Processing for Hong Kong Equities and Derivatives - Bobsguide - November 27th, 2019
- Liberty defensive depth to be tested against UMass - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 29th, 2019
- The 'cautionary tale' of Liberty University - The College Fix - October 29th, 2019
- Phase 1 of new signage in Liberty completed - Times Herald-Record - October 29th, 2019
- Boyd Matheson: Liberty without morality and religious freedom is but window dressing - Deseret News - October 29th, 2019
- Rutgers Million-Dollar Guarantee To Liberty Proved To Be A Wise Investment - Forbes - October 29th, 2019
- Washington-Liberty QB Andrew Bolfek throws 6 TDs to win Player of the Week - WTOP - October 29th, 2019
- In the region: No. 6 UVa field hockey tops No. 17 Liberty - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 29th, 2019
- TSA: Man Tried To Bring Loaded Gun On Plane At Newark Liberty International Airport - CBS Pittsburgh - October 29th, 2019
- If You Had Bought One Liberty Properties (NYSE:OLP) Shares Five Years Ago Youd Have Made 23% - Simply Wall St - October 29th, 2019
- LTE: The Il-liberty of Protest - The Daily Northwestern - October 29th, 2019
- Liberty Apartments in south Cape still set to open in April - Southeast Missourian - October 29th, 2019
- Intrepid Theatre returns with 'The Thousandth Night' at Liberty Station - The San Diego Union-Tribune - October 29th, 2019
- Rutgers won its 2nd game this year by defeating Liberty | What did visiting recruits think? - NJ.com - October 29th, 2019
- Visit the Statue of Liberty, feel her unifying message | Opinion - NJ.com - October 29th, 2019
- Liberty Health Sciences Announces Opening Of 19th Florida Dispensary In Pensacola; Second Panhandle Location - Yahoo Finance - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty adds UConn to 2020 football schedule, moves UVa game to 2023 - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 24th, 2019
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are not in US Constitution - Call Newspapers - October 24th, 2019
- British government notes 'deterioration' of religious liberty in several countries - Crux: Covering all things Catholic - October 24th, 2019
- What are the odds? Liberty twin has twin daughters born on his birthday - WDAF FOX4 Kansas City - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Development partnering with St. Clement Church in Lakewood to build Madison Avenue townhomes - cleveland.com - October 24th, 2019
- Falwell threatens to sue journalist behind explosive report, demands retraction - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 24th, 2019
- G Adventures and Liberty Travel Form Preferred Partnership - TravelPulse - October 24th, 2019
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights Football is set to welcome the Liberty Flames to town -- B1G Football - Rivals.com - October 24th, 2019
- Her Immigrant Story: 'Mother Of Exiles' Documentary Reveals Statue Of Liberty's Little-Known History - Women You Should Know - October 24th, 2019
- Religious Liberty Leaders Emphasize Connecting With the Marginalized - Adventist Review - October 24th, 2019
- Is Liberty Property Trust (LPT) Going to Burn These Hedge Funds? - Yahoo Finance - October 24th, 2019
- Slavery and liberty: A new exhibit explores the Thomas Jefferson paradox - Archinect - October 24th, 2019
- Hate LAX? Why New York's Newark Liberty International Airport is a relative breeze - Stuff.co.nz - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Ranch FFA students show children where their food comes from - The Galt Herald - October 24th, 2019
- Trenton Catholic boys soccer earns share of BCSL Liberty crown - The Trentonian - October 24th, 2019
- Letter to the Editor Liberty or Tyranny | Letters To The Editor - Richfield Reaper - October 24th, 2019
- Former Liberty-Eylau coach accused of sexual misconduct with students - TXK Today - October 24th, 2019
- Liberty Health Sciences Appoints George Gremse To The Board Of Directors - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2019
- ZOM Senior Living, in a venture with Liberty Senior Living and funds managed by Ares Management Corporation's Real Estate Group, announces... - October 16th, 2019
- EAST LIBERTY DEVELOPMENT: Vote Wednesday could help clear way for controversial $50 million project in East Liberty - WPXI Pittsburgh - October 16th, 2019
- Take A Look! | Black Bear Spotted Swimming In Liberty Reservoir - CBS Baltimore - October 16th, 2019
- Religious Liberty, Nondiscrimination, and the Left - National Review - October 16th, 2019
- 'Citizens for Liberty and Labor' PAC drops another $40K against Woodward's campaign - KXLY Spokane - October 16th, 2019
- Kelvin Edwards honored to have his jersey retired at Liberty - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 16th, 2019
- Liberty City and Brownville will not rise | Letters to the Editor - The Miami Times - October 16th, 2019