Mulondwe Muzungu says the PF governments oppression, cruelty, brutality, tribal hate and political violence have the potential to escalate into genocide.
The PF has destroyed our cherished national unity, leaving Zambia polarised by their divide and rule schemes and the naked tribal hate. With the foregoing abominations in Zambia, citizens are fed-up and desire a regime change sooner than later, says Muzungu.
Theres no doubt that Edgar Lungu and his PF are relying heavily on divide and rule strategy, and the tribal card to perpetuate their stay in government.
We have all been witnesses to how they have viciously canvassed on tribal and regional lines.
And they dont seem to care the long term consequences of their political game.
But as Dr Kenneth Kaunda warned against a spate of hate based on tribe, province, race, colour and religion in 1967 The people we have taught to hate others, may successively be taught to hate us next time. So that even from a personal and rather selfish angle this way of electioneering must be condemned as completely unZambian unless, of course, we do not mean it when we speak of One Zambia One Nation. Let it be remembered that it would be madness to expect to harvest groundnuts where in fact we had planted castor oil.
Today, our country is witnessing schemes that eat at the core of our unity as Edgar attempts to rewrite our democratic values and entrench himself in power, even at the expense of mutilating the Constitution.
Indeed, the PF is unashamedly destroying our cherished national unity, leaving Zambia polarised by their divide and rule schemes and the naked tribal hate.
But as we have stated before, there are no corrupt and tyrannical politicians whose ending has not been disastrous. And Edgar will be no exception. His ending will be bad.
In this we are in no way cursing him or wishing him bad things. Its simply an honest assessment of things and a matter of drawing the right conclusions.
Every corrupt and tyrannical politician thinks he is different and what happened to other corrupt and tyrannical politicians before him wont happen to him. But the ending has been invariably the same. Look at Idi Amin, Mobutu, Bokassa, Blaise Compaore, Eduardo Dos Santos, Mugabe! The list is endless. And what is special about Edgar?
- US broadcaster urged to expose Chinas oppression in Tibet - The Tribune India - January 25th, 2022
- Its time for the SADC region to hold Zimbabwe to account - Al Jazeera English - January 25th, 2022
- What's Next for the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act - The Dispatch - January 25th, 2022
- Art exhibit at Heartland Community College showcases oppressed lives of women in Iran - CIProud.com - January 25th, 2022
- Affirmative Action Without Racial Preferences - Reason - January 25th, 2022
- Myths of the past no longer represent modern world - Alton Telegraph - January 25th, 2022
- The Olympic Games Return to China, in a Changed World - The New Yorker - January 25th, 2022
- The US Betrays Its Heritage by Threatening World War III Against Russia and China - PRESSENZA International News Agency - January 25th, 2022
- The West is Waging War on the Sudanese Revolution - Novara Media - January 25th, 2022
- Government agriculture seminar based on ethnic cleansing, war crimes and human rights abuses - thedailyblog.co.nz - January 25th, 2022
- How Ending Expectations That Adults Work For A Living Erases Dignity - The Federalist - January 25th, 2022
- WATCH: The View mocks RFK Jr. and anti-mandate rally in DC - Denver Gazette - January 25th, 2022
- 'I went to prison for gluing my face to the M25 and I'd do it again' - My London - January 25th, 2022
- Amy Wax and the Problem of Right-Wing Double Standards on Immigration - Reason - January 25th, 2022
- UP elections: BJP banks on welfare plans to win SC votes - Hindustan Times - January 25th, 2022
- EXPLAINER: Different mindsets of Mayor Mike, Guv Gwen on using vax cards against the unvaccinated. But could any LGU defy central government policy?|... - January 25th, 2022
- Letters to the editor for Monday, January 24, 2022 - News-Press - January 25th, 2022
- BOOK REVIEW: THIS EARTH OF MANKIND (1996) BY PRAMOEDYA ANATA TOER THE AWAKENING OF A NATION ENSLAVED IN ITS OWN LAND - Asia Media International - January 25th, 2022
- Speaker affirms Dr. King's message; 'Now is the time to stand up against injustice' - Williamsport Sun-Gazette - January 25th, 2022
- Look back at the life of Archbishop Desmond Tutu - Action News Now - December 27th, 2021
- Brothers Offer New Perspective on Maternity and Family With Parallel Mothers - Yahoo Entertainment - December 27th, 2021
- Apartheid in the Holy Land Middle East Monitor - Middle East Monitor - December 27th, 2021
- PPP cant make Sindhs residents its slaves, say PSP and ANP - The News International - December 27th, 2021
- 'My wife, my sons and my daughter all drowned. They left because life here is so bad with no electricity, no jobs and no salary' - Morning Star Online - December 27th, 2021
- Republicans cornering the market on freedom and oppression | TheHill - The Hill - September 5th, 2021
- China's oppression of Tibetans serves as warning to Taiwan: Exiled Tibetan official - Devdiscourse - September 5th, 2021
- Oppressed Tibetans are warning to Taiwan: Tibetan representative - Focus Taiwan News Channel - September 5th, 2021
- OPINION | LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Were delight to read | Sacrifices public good | Have to accept reality - Arkansas Online - September 5th, 2021
- Taliban Expected to Announce New Government in Afghanistan - International Christian Concern - September 5th, 2021
- What the winner of this election must do about China, Meng and the two Michaels - Maclean's - September 5th, 2021
- Does the US have any real leverage over the Taliban? - Yahoo News - September 5th, 2021
- What is Owed - The Nation - September 5th, 2021
- The Taliban get a Chinese friend - The Sunday Guardian Live - The Sunday Guardian - September 5th, 2021
- [Visual History of Korea] Worlds first case of press oppression - The Korea Herald - September 5th, 2021
- Guest View: Rise of the Taliban and defeat of the U.S. - The Register-Guard - September 5th, 2021
- The unjust war in Afghanistan and the continuing people's struggle against oppression - Davao Today - September 5th, 2021
- Afghanistan and the colonial project of feminism: dismantling the binary lens - EUROPP - European Politics and Policy - September 5th, 2021
- Political thought The threat from the illiberal left - The Economist - September 5th, 2021
- Critical race theory bans in schools are making teaching harder - Vox.com - September 5th, 2021
- Afghanistan. Google blocked the accounts of the ousted government employees. The Taliban sought to reach them - MoviesOnline - September 5th, 2021
- Government should urgently take appropriate actions to protect women and children - BusinessGhana - September 5th, 2021
- The Repeat Patterns in the Afghanistan Conflicts - The Citizen - September 5th, 2021
- Many eligible Indigenous voters struggle with whether or not they will go to the polls - Turtle Island News - September 5th, 2021
- UP election 2022: Oppression of Dalits, Brahmins to be BSPs key poll plank - India Today - September 5th, 2021
- Biden Can't Pressure Taliban Without Hurting Thousands of Afghans Left Behind - Foreign Policy - September 5th, 2021
- Connecting the Dots with columnist John Bos: Is racism systemic? - The Recorder - September 5th, 2021
- Ahead of his times - The Statesman - September 5th, 2021
- In the Shadow of 9/11 - The Nation - September 5th, 2021
- Careless Whispers: Parallels of civilian informants in social media user-reporting policies, but govt must walk a tightrope on this - The Financial... - February 10th, 2021
- Oppression against us attracting international attention: Farmers - The New Indian Express - February 10th, 2021
- Turkish authorities arrest 65 revolutionaries in a bid to break the backbone of the growing anti-government resistance - Morning Star Online - February 10th, 2021
- Protests in Tunisia conjure images of the past and questions about the future - Atlantic Council - February 10th, 2021
- Will Not be Cowed Down by 'Oppression', Says VK Sasikala; To Engage in Active Politics - The Wire - February 10th, 2021
- When Narendra Modi Exhorted 'Andolanjivis' to Rise Up Against the Government in 1974 - The Wire - February 10th, 2021
- The White Tiger tackles class struggle in the era of globalization - Johns Hopkins News-Letter - February 10th, 2021
- Opinion: Politics should not distract the church from its mission - Online Athens - February 10th, 2021
- Huawei's situation won't get any better with the Biden administration - Android Central - February 10th, 2021
- Spains enhancing ties with Turkey can only serve to strengthen Erdoans oppressive rule - Ahval - February 10th, 2021
- Designating the Proud Boys a terrorist organization won't stop hate-fuelled violence - The Conversation CA - February 10th, 2021
- This week in history: February 8-14 - WSWS - February 10th, 2021
- Sisters of the Good Shepherd are united with the people for the future of Myanmar - Malaysian Christian News - February 10th, 2021
- OPINION: PS 90's Future Belongs To The People Of District 40 - BKLYNER - February 10th, 2021
- Truth telling and giving back: how settler colonials are coming to terms with painful family histories - The Conversation AU - February 10th, 2021
- World must pressurise India to hold plebiscite - The Nation - February 4th, 2021
- Black History Is About More Than Oppression (Opinion) - Education Week - February 4th, 2021
- My family was part of the Cummeragunja walk-off decades ago. Sometimes I wonder if anything has changed - The Guardian - February 4th, 2021
- Democracy, Violence, and the Legacy of the American Revolution - History News Network (HNN) - February 4th, 2021
- OPINION: The Words That Kill Rivers - Pagosa Daily Post - February 4th, 2021
- Sundance 'Judas And The Black Messiah' Review: A Relevant Film About The Oppressed Fighting The Oppressor - Mashable India - February 4th, 2021
- Priest says thousands of refugees in Tigray deported to Eritrea - Angelus News - February 4th, 2021
- How should history be taught, and who should decide? - Times Record - February 4th, 2021
- After decades in the grip of oppression, family has the promise of hope with Christ and pregnancy help - Pregnancy Help News - February 4th, 2021
- Cherriots failed to meet minority contracting goals for years - Salem Reporter - February 4th, 2021
- Biden's pro-immigration agenda is more expansive than Obama's, but it has drawbacks - USA TODAY - February 4th, 2021
- The GameStop Saga Is Not the Revenge Against Finance We... - Truthout - February 4th, 2021
- 'The burka initiative defends the dignity of women' - swissinfo.ch - February 4th, 2021
- Call BlackLine: Community Care and Liberation on Speed Dial - The River Newsroom - February 4th, 2021
- When Violence Is Used To Teach A Lesson: A Day In The Life Of A Dalit-Adivasi Woman - Youth Ki Awaaz - February 4th, 2021
- On the frontline: How the government has made BAME lives dispensable - Varsity Online - January 5th, 2021
- Turkish politics and discussions on Islamic headscarf | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - January 5th, 2021