The "Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market - Industry Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market Report
The Europe cell and gene therapy market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 23% during the period 2021-2026.
The global cell and gene therapy market is observing significant mergers and acquisition activities, product sales, and new market authorizations. In 2026, the market is expected to grow almost four times more than the current value, with new product approvals expected annually.
Although initial product approvals have been for relatively small patient groups, the significant pipeline of cell & gene therapy studies for diseases such as hemophilia and various forms of blindness will significantly expand. In addition, the Europe market is witnessing steady growth due to the increased availability of funds from several public and private institutes.
There is increased support from regulatory bodies for product approvals and fast-track product designations, which encourage vendors to manufacture products at a fast rate. Moreover, with over 237 regenerative medicines companies headquartered in Europe, the region is seen as the favorite destination for cell and gene therapy manufacturing.
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market Segmentation
The Europe cell and gene therapy market research report includes a detailed segmentation by product, end-user, application, geography. A high potential to treat several chronic diseases, which cannot be effectively treated/cured through conventional methods otherwise, is propelling the growth of gene therapies. Gene therapies are regarded as a potential revolution in the health sciences and pharmaceutical fields.
The number of clinical trials investigating gene therapies is increasing in Europe, despite the limited number of products that have successfully reached the market. However, gene therapies show slow progress and promising prospect in terms of treatments. High support from regulatory bodies to commercialize these products and make them affordable to patients is another important factor contributing the market growth.
Delivering cell and gene therapies requires specialized facilities, capabilities, and clinician skills. Therefore, manufacturers are working in tandem with chosen treatment centers (hospitals) to establish the protocols and procedures necessary to receive the product and therapies.
While cell therapies represent a paradigm shift in the treatment of several incurable, chronic diseases, with durable responses and long-term disease control measures, hospitals appear an ideal location to carry out these procedures. Hospitals are growing at a significant rate due to the increasing target population in Europe.
Tier-I hospitals are proving to be sought-after network partners for cell and gene therapy developers. They tend to be in major population centers, have adequate financial and personnel resources, and value the prestige that comes with being the first movers in an innovative treatment area.
Oncology accounted for a share of over 30% in 2020. While cancer treatments have evolved and undergone massive developments in recent years, it continues to be one of the deadliest diseases confronted by humans. Traditional cancer therapies have a curative effect in the short term; however, they have side effects, thereby decreasing the patient's quality of life. Cell and gene therapies for certain types of cancers have been promising results.
The chimeric antigen receptor- (CAR-) T cell therapy is one of the most recent innovative immunotherapies and is rapidly evolving. CAR-T cell therapies are developing rapidly, and many clinical trials have been established on a global scale, which has high commercial potential for the treatment of cancer.
Immunotherapies based on CAR-T cells go one step further, engineering the T cells themselves to enhance the natural immune response against a specific tumor antigen. CAR-T clinical trials have shown high remission rates, up to 94%, in severe forms of blood cancer, thereby increasing the market growth.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. What is the Europe cell and gene therapy market size and growth rate during the forecast period?
2. What are the factors driving the demand for CAR-T therapy in the European region?
3. How are strategic acquisitions aiding in market growth of cell and gene therapy products?
4. Which segments are expected to generate the highest revenues during the forecast period?
5. Who are the leading vendors in the European cell and gene therapy market?
INSIGHTS BY VENDORS
Novartis, Spark Therapeutics, Amgen, Gilead Sciences, and Organogenesis are the leading players in the Europe cell and gene therapy market. The market offers tremendous growth opportunities for existing and future/emerging players on account of the presence of a large pool of target patient population with chronic diseases such as cancer, wound disorders, diabetic foot ulcer, CVDs, and other genetic disorders. Recent approvals have prompted an unprecedented expansion among vendors.
While a few vendors are opting for in-house production of cell and gene therapies, a substantial number of vendors are preferring third-party service providers, including CMOs.
Other Prominent Vendors
Human Stem Cells Institute PJSC (HSCI)
RMS Regenerative Medical System
Shanghai Sunway Biotech
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Emerging Investigational Vendors In Europe
PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6gqw7e
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210212005462/en/
ResearchAndMarkets.comLaura Wood, Senior Press Managerpress@researchandmarkets.com
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
See original here:
- A look at prospects for the US gene therapy industry - BioPharma-Reporter.com - December 27th, 2021
- Taysha Gene Therapies Added to the ICE Biotechnology Index - BioSpace - December 27th, 2021
- Technology Developments in Viral Vector Manufacturing for Cell and Gene Therapies - Yahoo Finance - December 27th, 2021
- Triangle gene editing firms CEO: There is a revolution occurring in medicine - WRAL TechWire - December 27th, 2021
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market is Expected to Reach USD 57.08 Billion by 2027, Growing at a CAGR of 11.27% Over the Forecast Period. -... - December 27th, 2021
- 2021 Research Highlights Human Health Advances - National Institutes of Health - December 27th, 2021
- Long reads: The USA TODAY stories readers spent the most time with in 2021 - USA TODAY - December 27th, 2021
- Which philosophy helps us confront the crises that beset us... we first or me first? - The Guardian - December 27th, 2021
- Vaccines are just the beginning for RNA. The technology is being tested on heart and liver diseases. - The Philadelphia Inquirer - December 27th, 2021
- Gene Therapy Successes - University of Utah - December 14th, 2021
- Gene Therapy Pros and Cons - Biolyse - December 14th, 2021
- Syrian refugee is thriving five years after last-gasp gene therapy - STAT - STAT - December 14th, 2021
- New Technology is One Step Closer to Targeted Gene Therapy - Caltech - December 14th, 2021
- N4 Pharma to Focus Resources on Advancing Gene Therapy Work - MarketWatch - December 14th, 2021
- CF Foundation Funding Bolsters Gene Therapy Research - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - December 14th, 2021
- BMS and Kite Unveil CAR-T Successes in Lymphoma - BioSpace - December 14th, 2021
- Capsida Biotherapeutics Poised to Capitalize on Industry-leading Gene Therapy Technology With New CEO, CSO, and CTO - PRNewswire - December 14th, 2021
- URMC & RIT faculty awarded patent for gene transfer technology that could transform cancer therapies - URMC - December 14th, 2021
- Global Gene Editing Market Research Report 2021 Featuring CRISPR, GenScript, Horizon Discovery Group, Integrated DNA Technologies and New England... - December 14th, 2021
- Bridging the cell and gene therapy gap - The Scotsman - December 14th, 2021
- GenSight Biologics Confirms Sustained Efficacy and Safety of Bilateral LUMEVOQ Injections at 2-Year Follow-Up of REFLECT Phase III Trial - Business... - December 14th, 2021
- At FDA meeting, gene therapy experts wrestle with field's blindspots - BioPharma Dive - September 5th, 2021
- Astellas again hits pause on gene therapy trial - BioPharma Dive - September 5th, 2021
- Joe Rogan falsely says mRNA vaccines are 'gene therapy' - PolitiFact - September 5th, 2021
- Connecticuts Children first to enroll affordable gene therapy - WTNH.com - September 5th, 2021
- Cell And Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Size Worth $57.4 Billion By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc. - PRNewswire - September 5th, 2021
- Global Gene Therapy Market Top Companies, Size, Growth Analysis, Segmentation, Industry Outlook Analysis , and Forecast 2020 to 2027 UNLV The Rebel... - September 5th, 2021
- Regenerative medicine 2021: report highlights record year for the sector - Clinical Trials Arena - September 5th, 2021
- Science Will Win Podcast: Season 1 - Pfizer - September 5th, 2021
- GenSight Biologics Announces Publication of RESTORE Study Data Demonstrating Sustained Efficacy 3 Years After Unilateral Injection of LUMEVOQ -... - September 5th, 2021
- Novartis, Gates Foundation pursue a simpler gene therapy for sickle cell - STAT - February 17th, 2021
- Affinia Therapeutics Announces Addition of Gene Therapy Scientific and Medical Experts to Leadership Team to Advance Novel Gene Therapy Platform and... - February 17th, 2021
- Avance Biosciences Expanding Houston Campus in Support of Cell and Gene Therapy Drug Development - BioSpace - February 17th, 2021
- Sensorion and Institut Pasteur announce new gene therapy collaboration - BioPharma-Reporter.com - February 17th, 2021
- Gene Therapy GS010 Safe, Well-Tolerated for LHON Patients - MD Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- bluebird bio 'baffled' after NICE rejects beta-thalassaemia gene therapy - - pharmaphorum - February 17th, 2021
- Global Gene Therapy Market Outlook to 2030 - by Therapeutic Approach, Type of Gene Therapy, Type of Vectors Used, Therapeutic Areas, Route of... - February 17th, 2021
- GenSight Biologics' gene therapy proves safe in LHON trial - Clinical Trials Arena - February 17th, 2021
- Sio Gene Therapies to Present at the 10th Annual SVB Leerink Global Healthcare Conference - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Beti-Cel Gene Therapy Frees Patients With Beta-Thalassemia From Red Blood Cell Transfusions - OncLive - February 17th, 2021
- Forge Biologics Receives FDA Fast Track, Orphan Drug, and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for FBX-101 Gene Therapy for Patients with Krabbe... - February 17th, 2021
- CDMO Vigene plots cell and gene therapy manufacturing expansion, adding 245 new jobs along the way - FiercePharma - February 17th, 2021
- Taysha Gene Therapies Announces Formation of Independent Scientific Advisory Board - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- bluebird bio's beta-thalassaemia gene therapy rejected by NICE - PharmaTimes - February 17th, 2021
- Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market Report 2021-2026: Prominent Players are Novartis, Spark Therapeutics, Amgen, Gilead Sciences & Organogenesis -... - February 17th, 2021
- Rentschler Biopharma to build new cell and gene therapy capabilities in the UK - BioSpace - February 17th, 2021
- Gene Therapy Market to Reflect Impressive Growth Rate During 2020-2027 AveXis, Vineti, uniQure NV, Spark Therapeutics KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - February 17th, 2021
- Genethon and WhiteLab Genomics Join Forces to Enhance Gene Therapy Through Artificial Intelligence - BioSpace - February 17th, 2021
- Avrobio Gene Therapy Shows Early Promise in Fabry, Other Rare Lysosomal Diseases - BioSpace - February 11th, 2021
- Global Genes Announces New Multimedia Series Focused on Advances in Gene Therapy and Editing, in Collaboration with the National Institutes of Health... - February 11th, 2021
- The Europe cell and gene therapy market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 23% during the period 20212026 - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- FLT201 Shows Promise as a Gene Therapy for Gaucher Disease - MD Magazine - February 11th, 2021
- NICE Draft Guidance Recommends that Patients be Denied Access to bluebird bio's Gene Therapy for Life-Limiting Rare Blood Diseas - PharmiWeb.com - February 11th, 2021
- Dyno Therapeutics Announces Publication in Nature Biotechnology Demonstrating Use of Artificial Intelligence to Generate Unprecedented Diversity of... - February 11th, 2021
- Breakthrough gene therapy helps Utah boy thrive - Yahoo News - February 11th, 2021
- Taysha Gene Therapies Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Healthcare Conferences - Yahoo Finance - February 11th, 2021
- Global Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) Vectors in Gene Therapy Market to 2030 - Insight, Epidemiology and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo... - February 11th, 2021
- Amicus Therapeutics Presents Positive Preclinical Fabry Disease Gene Therapy Data at the 17th Annual WORLDSymposium 2021 - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Paragon Biosciences Expands Cell And Gene Therapy Platform - Contract Pharma - February 11th, 2021
- FDA Clears IND Application for Passage Bio's Gene Therapy Candidate PBKR03 for Treatment of Patients with Early Infantile Krabbe Disease, A Rare... - February 11th, 2021
- Gene Therapy Market by Therapeutic Approach, Type of Gene Therapy, Type of Vectors Used, Therapeutic Areas, Route of Administration, and Key... - February 11th, 2021
- FDA approves third gene therapy for large B-cell lymphoma - European Pharmaceutical Review - February 11th, 2021
- Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market Size to Reach Revenues of USD 2.9 Billion by 2026 - Arizton - PRNewswire - February 7th, 2021
- FDA Issues More Guidance on Gene and Cell Therapy Products - JD Supra - February 7th, 2021
- Spark Therapeutics Announces First Participant Dosed in Phase 1/2 Study of Investigational Gene Therapy for Late-Onset Pompe Disease - BioSpace - February 7th, 2021
- The gene therapy market is projected to be worth USD 14.6 billion in 2030, growing at a CAGR of 30%, over the next decade, claims Roots Analysis -... - February 7th, 2021
- AGTC Executives Awarded First Place in the BioProcess International Reader's Choice Awards, Cell & Gene Therapies Category - GlobeNewswire - February 7th, 2021
- Retinal Gene Therapy Market: Advent of High-end Technologies to Support Development of the Market - BioSpace - February 7th, 2021
- Sio Gene Therapies Announces Receipt of $11.6 Million from Closing of the Sale of Arvelle Therapeutics - BioSpace - February 7th, 2021
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe Commits $250 Million in a Strategic Partnership with Kiniciti, a Newly-Formed Platform Investing in Cell and Gene... - February 7th, 2021
- Sio Gene Therapies Announces First Patient Dosed in Clinical Trial of AXO-AAV-GM2 in Patients with Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff Disease (GM2 Gangliosidosis)... - February 7th, 2021
- Abeona Therapeutics Announces Clinical Investigator Webinar to Review ABO-102 and ABO-101 Clinical Data Presented at the 17th Annual WORLDSymposium -... - February 7th, 2021
- Decibel and Catalent Sign Development and Manufacturing Agreement for Dual-Vector Gene Therapy for the Treatment of Congenital Hearing Loss - Yahoo... - February 7th, 2021
- Meeting the commercialization challenge of a surging gene and cell therapy market - FierceBiotech - February 7th, 2021
- Albumedix enters into collaboration agreement with Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult - PharmiWeb.com - February 7th, 2021
- Adverum Biotechnologies Announces Publication of Preclinical Long-Term Safety Data on ADVM-022 IVT Gene Therapy - BioSpace - February 7th, 2021
- Avacta JV raises $7.3m for cell and gene therapy push | Business Weekly - Business Weekly - February 7th, 2021
- Taysha Gene Therapies Highlights Strategic Priorities and Provides 2021 Business Outlook - Business Wire - February 7th, 2021
- FDA's New Guidance on Cell and Gene Therapy Recommends Assessment of COVID-19 Transmission Risks - Lexology - February 7th, 2021
- After reeling back a gene therapy from Sanofi, a North Carolina upstart bags enough money to do something about it - Endpoints News - December 17th, 2020