According to the camp of former VP and now presidential candidate Joe Biden, Pres. Donald Trumps personal attorney, Rudy Giulianishouldnt be allowed to appear in television interviews, or be covered by any major news networks.
Bidens top campaign advisers recently wrote an email to news executives demanding them not to give airtime to Giulianiin any media channel after the former NYC mayor, in several talk shows, repeatedly called for investigations on the Bidens for what he said were apparently corrupt dealings with Ukraine and China, while Biden was vice president.
The Daily Beast, which first reported the existence of the said request letter, said it was sent to CBS News, Fox News, NBC News, and CNN arguing that it is editorially irresponsible to book the presidents personal lawyer to appear in their shows.
We are writing today with grave concern that you continue to book Rudy Giuliani on your air to spread false, debunked conspiracy theories on behalf of Donald Trump,Bidens campaign team wrote.
While you often fact check his statements in real time during your discussions, that is no longer enough. By giving him your air time, you are allowing him to introduce increasingly unhinged, unfounded and desperate lies into the national conversation, the letter reportedly drafted by top aides Kate Bedingfield and Anita Dunn, said.
We write to demand that in service to the facts, you no longer book Rudy Giuliani, a surrogate for Donald Trump who has demonstrated that he will knowingly and willingly lie in order to advance his own narrative, it added, noting that Giuliani is not a public official, and holds no public office that would entitle him to opine on the nations airwaves.
Heres a copy of Team Bidens demand letter calling for censorship on Giuliani:
I didnt know that the emboldened Biden campaign team is that powerful now that they are actually demanding for censorship.
For those not closely watching the news, the former New York City mayor has been making the rounds on television shows defending Donald Trump from the Ukraine controversy that has resulted to the Democrat led House launching a formal impeachment inquiry against the President. Giulianihas also blasted the liberal lawmakers for not investigating evidence of Bidens possible corruption that he claims has been hiding in plain sight for months.
Your obligation is to provide the American people with an informed, fact-based and responsible coverage and debate of critical issues, the letter from Bidens team further read.
While you have been aggressive in pushing back on him in real time, it is well known that the dedicated liar always has the advantage, pushing out outlandish falsehoods and disinformation in the knowledge that it is hard for the corrections to catch up, the letter further said.
Responding to the demand of Bidens camp, Trumps 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted:
Can we request the removal of Democrats on TV that push hoaxes? Wait, but then who would do the interviews?
Giuliani has insisted he didnt work with anybody to get dirt on Joe Biden, saying that whatever information he has about the corruption allegations against the Biden was handed by the Ukrainians.
The basis of Democrats impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump is a phone call he made with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, where he suggested that Ukraines new leader look into Bidens claims about the firing of prosecutor Viktor Shokin. On the same call, Trump separately sought Ukraines help in investigating foreign interference in the 2016 elections.
Zelensky has already stated there was no pressure from Trump during the conversation to investigate anything.
Back to Biden; his move to pressure Ukraine was on record. Biden has acknowledged> on camera that when he was vice president, he successfully pressured Ukraine to fire prosecutor Shokin, who was investigating the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings where son Hunter Biden had a high position on the board.
Critics of Biden have argued that Hunter gets paid tens of thousands of dollars, despite having limited relevant experience to the industry. The vice president, was also on record threatening to withhold $1 billion in critical US aid to Ukraine if Shokin was not fired.
Heres Giulianis response:
From the moment you read The New York Times article in 2015 and you saw that Biden got away with having his son pulling down millions from the crookedest oligarch in Russia, you knew this was going to happen. I prosecuted corruption, Democrats and Republicans. I can smell this.
They are silencing me because I showed up with an affidavit and an accuser who is willing to stand up and point the finger at Joe Biden and say youre a crook. And I have the proof and I have the documents and Ive got the witness will say the corroboration because there are more witnesses where he came from and they are not going to escape this,Giuliani said.
Its scandal after scandal covered up by a compliant crooked press, the former New York mayor, added.
From threatening to withhold a critical aid to Ukraine if the prosecutor investigating them is not fired, now, Biden is coming after Giulianiso the former mayor will be silenced.
Looks like Biden is in the habit of demanding the removal of those who are investigating him.
But then again, even if he got exposed, that doesnt mean there will be consequences. At least not with Democrats in Congress.
See more here:
- Critics Say China Has Suppressed And Censored Information In Coronavirus Outbreak - NPR - February 14th, 2020
- Transgender users have accused TikTok of censorship - here's why - Derry Journal - February 14th, 2020
- Rand Paul Blasts YouTube over Censorship of Speech on Senate Floor - Breitbart - February 14th, 2020
- Newspapers fear new social media rules will lead to wider censorship - The Guardian - February 14th, 2020
- Anti-BDS laws are meant to censor & control speech, journalist Abby Martin tells RT after suing Georgia govt over cancelled talk - RT - February 14th, 2020
- Be more tolerant, Anwar tells Malaysians over art censorship - Malay Mail - February 14th, 2020
- China's censors tried to control the narrative on a hero doctor's death. It backfired terribly - CNN - February 12th, 2020
- China Ramps Up Censorship On Coronavirus As Critics Risk Criminal Charges - Forbes - February 12th, 2020
- Heres How China Is Silencing Coronavirus Critics in the U.S. - VICE - February 12th, 2020
- Here are the 9 titles Netflix purged due to government censorship - The Next Web - February 12th, 2020
- Parler: Twitter Suspending James OKeefe Is Political Censorship and Election Interference - Breitbart - February 12th, 2020
- Censorship, lies and death: China's government under fire - TheArticle - February 12th, 2020
- A glimmer of hope: Mallika Sarabhai on the cancelled NID event, CAA protests, censorship and more - Scroll.in - February 12th, 2020
- Penny Thoughts: Editing and Censorship | - West Alabama Watchman - January 30th, 2020
- The many ways to censor cutting-edge art in Russia - The Economist - January 30th, 2020
- How does a government censor the Internet? A rare peek from Jammu and Kashmir - Security Boulevard - January 30th, 2020
- Pompeo And Trump: Censure Of The Press As A Form Of Retaliation - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- Circus of censorship - The News on Sunday - January 30th, 2020
- Study: North Korea, China, and Russia top internet censorship charts - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Cries of censorship in Sudan as media outlets linked to old regime closed - Middle East Eye - January 22nd, 2020
- Aichi Triennale Exhibition Will Be Restaged in Taiwan Following Censorship Controversy - Artforum - January 22nd, 2020
- Censorship On and By Social Media Platforms - Legal Reader - January 22nd, 2020
- Internet Censorship In Africa Is A Trend In Africa - What To Expect In 2020 - WeeTracker Media - January 22nd, 2020
- The spy who fell off my family tree and nearly got away - The Jewish News of Northern California - January 22nd, 2020
- Some people in China help the party police the internet - The Economist - January 22nd, 2020
- Nepal: Information Technology Bill threatens freedom of expression - Amnesty International - January 22nd, 2020
- Web needs an element of censorship as some of it is bordering on pornography: Niki Walia - IWMBuzz - January 22nd, 2020
- Facebook and Google Balance Booming Business with Censorship Pressure in Vietnam - The Information - December 13th, 2019
- Orban targets theaters, prompting protest against censorship - The Boston Globe - December 13th, 2019
- Self-censorship is the enemy of creativity - Spiked - December 13th, 2019
- Ben Shapiro, conservatives blast YouTube policy on harassment: 'Insanely vague' - Fox News - December 13th, 2019
- Anti-war artworks removed in censorship row - The Age - December 13th, 2019
- Women Are Pretending To Be Men On Instagram To Avoid Sexist Censorship - HuffPost - November 24th, 2019
- When a comedian is pro-censorship, I start finding them funny - The Spectator USA - November 24th, 2019
- Cancelation of 'The Foreigner' at WC leads to claims of censorship - The Star Democrat - November 24th, 2019
- Democrats are not "censoring" Donald Trump his increasingly desperate staff is doing that - Salon - November 24th, 2019
- The right to know: How does censorship affect academics? - Big Think - November 19th, 2019
- Even with the best intentions, censoring books is dangerous - The Aggie - November 19th, 2019
- Will the U.S. Follow East Germany on Self-Censorship? - National Review - November 19th, 2019
- Tougher Than Leather: The Tom of Finland Foundation's Fight Against Censorship Continues Into the Social Media Age - L.A. Weekly - November 19th, 2019
- Sara Lee Responds to SNL's Sexually Charged Sketch, Reverses Instagram Censorship: 'We Are Taking It in Stride' - Yahoo Entertainment - November 19th, 2019
- MENstruation: A full analysis of censorship on television networks - The Gateway - November 19th, 2019
- Inside the "Reckless" World of In-Flight Movie Censoring - InsideHook - November 19th, 2019
- Disney Plus Censors Gravity Falls, The Simpsons - Pirates and Princesses - November 19th, 2019
- Russian internet censorship could come the U.S. - Inverse - November 13th, 2019
- Campus censorship: a tyranny of the minority - Spiked - November 13th, 2019
- TOTO: Disney, Netflix Wave White Flag On International Censorship - The Daily Wire - November 13th, 2019
- Delhi HC's order for social media censorship is an end to the internet as we know it - The News Minute - November 13th, 2019
- Censorship and online threats against the press spell trouble for the future of Pakistani journalism - Global Voices - October 1st, 2019
- No trivial censorship at Hayner: Librarians bust out the banned books - Alton Telegraph - October 1st, 2019
- China: Sinisation of the Catholic Church, Censorship, and Repression - FSSPX.News - October 1st, 2019
- Censorship and Contemporary Banned Books - Pinnacle - October 1st, 2019
- YouTube reverses the not-so-subtle censorship of Steven Crowder and others - Reclaim The Net - October 1st, 2019
- Censorship leaves us in the dark: Keep the light on! - Del Rio News Herald - October 1st, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - April 26th, 2019
- On Censorship - The Catholic Thing - April 26th, 2019
- How Media Censorship Affects the News You See - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship - Definition, Examples, Cases - Legal Dictionary - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship | Encyclopedia.com - April 26th, 2019
- China Is Trying to Scrub Bikinis and Smoking From the Internet - April 11th, 2019
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - March 6th, 2019
- American Censorship - The Government's Act of Altering Media - January 12th, 2019
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship Synonyms, Censorship Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - September 12th, 2018
- Godless Comedy YouTube Censorship - Godless Comedy - August 20th, 2018
- Sen. Chris Murphy calls for more Silicon Valley censorship ... - August 13th, 2018
- Censorship of Facebook - Wikipedia - August 2nd, 2018
- Project Censored - The News that Didn't Make the News and Why - June 22nd, 2018
- Project Censored The News that Didn't Make the News and Why - March 17th, 2018
- Banned Books That Shaped America | Banned Books Week - March 17th, 2018
- FACT - Freedom Against Censorship Thailand ... - February 24th, 2018
- GELLER: Social Media Censorship Panel at CPAC James Damore ... - February 23rd, 2018
- Censorship in Turkey - Wikipedia - February 6th, 2018
- Censorship by country - Wikipedia - February 1st, 2018
- Ethereum Applications: How to Spend Your Ether? - December 27th, 2017
- How to Buy and Sell Monero - December 27th, 2017
- How to Buy and Sell Monero - December 24th, 2017
- Ethereum Applications: How to Spend Your Ether? - December 24th, 2017
- How to Store Ethereum: Review of Best ETH Wallets 2017-2018 - December 18th, 2017
- How to Store Ethereum: Review of Best ETH Wallets 2017-2018 - December 17th, 2017