North Korea Fires Rocket – Video


North Korea Fires Rocket
SEOUL mdash;North Korea launched a multistage rocket Wednesday morning, its second this year and fifth ever, in an apparent acceleration of a years-long effort to develop long-range missile capability. It flew farther than a North Korean rocket that failed 80 seconds after takeoff in April, according to officials monitoring the launch in other countries. Read Related Opinion: A Korean Missile and a Policy Misfire Previously: North Korea Extends Rocket Launch Window (12/10/12) Previously: Rocket Launch Is Pivotal Point for Kim (12/9/12) . The rocket lifted off from a launch facility in the country #39;s northwest corner that was being used for the second time, flew south on a path taking it over the Yellow Sea and then the East China Sea and the Philippines. The launch, which wasn #39;t announced by North Korean authorities, was monitored by the South Korean military and confirmed by officials in Seoul and Tokyo. In Japan, authorities said the rocket flew over Okinawa prefecture, a series of Japanese islands in the East China Sea. The first of three stages was due to last about two minutes before burning out and falling into water west of South Korea, according to plans North Korea submitted to international aviation and marine authorities. Parts of the nose cone, or fairing, were projected to drop off west of South Korea #39;s Jeju Island. The second stage was expected to go east of Taiwan before burning out east of the Philippines. North Korea said the rocket was carrying a satellite into ...From:keepinguuptodateViews:0 0ratingsTime:04:35More inNews Politics

Read more from the original source:

North Korea Fires Rocket - Video

UPDATE 3-Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption probe

* Premier (BSE: PREMIER.BO - news) held on suspicion of theft, misuse of credit card

* Caymans are home to most of the world's hedge funds

By Shurna Robbins

GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands, Dec 11 (Reuters) - The leader of the Cayman Islands was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of corruption in connection with a graft investigation in the Caribbean offshore financial center, authorities said.

Premier McKeeva Bush was detained at his home by members of the Financial Crime Unit of the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, a police statement said.

The 57-year-old premier is suspected of theft, alleged misuse of a government credit card and abuse of office over the alleged importation of explosive substances without valid permits, it said.

"It would be inappropriate ... to make any further comment in relation to these matters at this time," the statement said. "Further updates will be made available in due course."

A police spokeswoman declined to elaborate on the arrest.

Leonard Dilbert, Bush's chief of staff, said the premier had been detained on suspicion of wrongdoing pending an investigation but had not been formally charged with any crime.

"It is important to remind the people of the Cayman Islands not to rush to judgment," he said. "Being suspected of having done something is far from it having been proven that you did that thing."

View original post here:

UPDATE 3-Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption probe

Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption probe

GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands (Reuters) - The leader of the Cayman Islands was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of corruption in connection with a graft investigation in the Caribbean offshore financial center, authorities said.

Premier McKeeva Bush was detained at his home by members of the Financial Crime Unit of the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, a police statement said.

The 57-year-old premier is suspected of theft, alleged misuse of a government credit card and abuse of office over the alleged importation of explosive substances without valid permits, it said.

"It would be inappropriate ... to make any further comment in relation to these matters at this time," the statement said. "Further updates will be made available in due course."

A police spokeswoman declined to elaborate on the arrest.

Leonard Dilbert, Bush's chief of staff, said the premier had been detained on suspicion of wrongdoing pending an investigation but had not been formally charged with any crime.

"It is important to remind the people of the Cayman Islands not to rush to judgment," he said. "Being suspected of having done something is far from it having been proven that you did that thing."

Bush was elected in 2009 as premier of the island chain, a British Overseas Territory with a population of 55,000 people and a leading global tax haven.

The islands are home to most of the world's hedge funds, offering tax advantages and financial secrecy to companies and investors.

Bush also holds the position of minister of finance and tourism. He is the longest-serving member of the Caymans' Legislative Assembly and was first elected in 1984.

Read more:

Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption probe

Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption case

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) The leader of the Cayman Islands' government was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of theft, abuse of office and breach of trust in the famed Caribbean tax haven.

Premier McKeeva Bush was detained Tuesday morning at his home in the West Bay section of Grand Cayman island by officers from the financial unit of the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, police spokeswoman Janet Dougall said.

By evening, the 57-year-old Bush had been released on overnight bail after a series of interviews. Police said he would be questioned further Wednesday and a decision on any further bail would be made then.

Bush was detained "in connection with a number of ongoing police investigations," Dougall said in a statement. She said the probes involve suspected theft related to misuse of a government credit card and breach of trust, abuse of office and conflict of interest for the alleged importation of unspecified explosive substances without valid permits.

Authorities in the British Caribbean territory did not provide any details about the allegations involved in the arrest.

"It would be inappropriate for the RCIPS to make any further comment in relation to these matters at this time," a police statement said. "Further updates will be made available in due course."

Authorities said another man was arrested Tuesday in connection with the Bush case involving the alleged importation of explosive materials. Police did not reveal his identity.

Phone calls to Bush's home number went unanswered. A top Caymanian lawyer who previously represented Bush did not return calls for comment.

Leonard Dilbert, the premier's chief of staff, said Bush would continue working as the three-island territory's leader amid the investigation.

"There have been no charges," Dilbert said in a brief phone interview from the small island chain, which is the world's sixth largest financial center, with $1.6 trillion in officially booked international assets.

Follow this link:

Cayman Islands leader arrested in corruption case

Tecnodimension participa en el proyecto refresh Bags of water . – Video


Tecnodimension participa en el proyecto refresh Bags of water .
Participacion en el consorcio Europeo del proyecto refresh .List of partners: Spanopoulos Brothers Group of Companies (coordinator), Greece ZipLast Srl, Italy Industrial Sed SA, Spain Safibra, sro, Czech Republic D #39;Appolonia SpA, Italy AIMPLAS -- Instituto Tecnolgico del Plastico, Spain Tecnodimension hinchable Spain REFRESH aims at realising an innovative green product/service for the transportation of fresh water by sea, by developing a cost effective and energy-efficient solution based on the use of a modular concept of recyclable flexible plastic barge towed by tugboats. The primary application will be in supplying fresh-water to Mediterranean coastal small cities and islands with less than 300.000 inhabitants (a situation which interests about 45 million of European citizens). 65% of these communities that double in size during summer with tourist presences are affected by increasing water scarcity due to several factors as climate change, growing urbanisation of coasts, tourism, sea water intrusion in aquifers. For these communities REFRESH will represent the most effective solution for fresh-water supply since traditional technologies as water pipelines, desalinisation plants and large water vessels are unpractical solutions under technical and economical points of view.From:TheTecnodimensionViews:0 0ratingsTime:03:01More inSports

The rest is here:

Tecnodimension participa en el proyecto refresh Bags of water . - Video

Farchette


Farchette Hanley Team - St. Croix US Virgin Islands
Land for sale in Carambola Golf Resort...From:Chris HanleyViews:0 0ratingsTime:01:36More inTravel Events

More here:

Farchette

Gears of War: Judgment | VGA 2012 Trailer [EN] | HD – Video


Gears of War: Judgment | VGA 2012 Trailer [EN] | HD
People Can Fly and Epic Games present the 2012 VGA trailer for Gears of War: Judgment, taking place just after Emergence Day. FACEBOOK: goo.gl | TWITTER: goo.gl | SUBSCRIBE to XboxViewTV: goo.gl XBLA and XBLIG games: YouTube.com Tgl. News auf XboxDome [DE]: http://www.xboxdome.de XboxViewTV also on MyTopTrailer: mytoptrailer.com ABOUT THIS GAME ------------------------------------ Gears of War: Judgment, developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Epic Games and People Can Fly, will be launched on March 19th, 2012. This is a new Gears of War game that takes you back before events of the original Gears of War trilogy to the immediate aftermath of Emergence Day - the defining event of the Gears of War universe. Gears of War: Judgment features OverRun, an all-new class-based mode that combines elements of the Horde and Beast modes pioneered in previous Gears of War games. You can learn the essentials of OverRun by watching a new tutorial video narrated by Damon Baird. Players will see the required skills they need to defend as a COG or attack as a Locust and engage in adrenaline-pumping skirmishes. We also have a video showcasing the all-new "Island" map. Island takes place on an archipelago of islands off the coast of Halvo Bay, which serves as a supply and re-fuelling depot that feeds the larger military machine along the coast. The individual islands are connected by a series of bridges and tunnels, forming a network of unknown size and security. This is restricted territory, and ...From:XboxViewTVViews:1 0ratingsTime:01:32More inGaming

Go here to read the rest:

Gears of War: Judgment | VGA 2012 Trailer [EN] | HD - Video

Militancy concerns for Guadalcanal Premier, as RAMSI wraps up

The Premier of Solomons Islands' Guadalcanal Province says he is still concerned about possible militant activity, despite positive comments from the head of the Regional Assistance Mission to his country.

The Special Coordinator of the Australian-led Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI), Nicholas Coppel, has said that from the middle of next year, troops will not be needed as part of the Mission.

"At some point in the second half of 2013, RAMSI will become a policing-only mission," he said.

"While the possibility of civil disorder in Solomon Islands cannot be ruled out, we can be more confident that militancy is much less likely, as there's no evidence of it, let alone an appetite for it."

However, Guadalcanal's Premier disagrees.

"There's a likelihood that militant activity would come back again if RAMSI left," Anthony Veke said.

He says issues like land and compensation - that stirred up the ethnic war between the people of Guadalcanal and Malaita - have not been fully resolved.

"There's a ... feeling of insecurity amongst the youths and people of Guadalcanal and these are the sort of things that initiate ... militancy activity."

But Mr Veke says it is up to the Solomon Islands Government, and not RAMSI, to resolve these issues.

In an on Monday, Mr Coppel said he believes Solomon Islands will soon be ready to manage its own security affairs, though the country's police force still needs a little outside help.

Original post:

Militancy concerns for Guadalcanal Premier, as RAMSI wraps up

AN Concerns in Guadalcanal

The Premier of Solomons Islands' Guadalcanal Province says he is still concerned about possible militant activity, despite positive comments from the head of the Regional Assistance Mission to his country.

The Special Coordinator of the Australian-led Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI), Nicholas Coppel, has said that from the middle of next year, troops will not be needed as part of the Mission.

"At some point in the second half of 2013, RAMSI will become a policing-only mission," he said.

"While the possibility of civil disorder in Solomon Islands cannot be ruled out, we can be more confident that militancy is much less likely, as there's no evidence of it, let alone an appetite for it."

However, Guadalcanal's Premier disagrees.

"There's a likelihood that militant activity would come back again if RAMSI left," Anthony Veke said.

He says issues like land and compensation - that stirred up the ethnic war between the people of Guadalcanal and Malaita - have not been fully resolved.

"There's a ... feeling of insecurity amongst the youths and people of Guadalcanal and these are the sort of things that initiate ... militancy activity."

But Mr Veke says it is up to the Solomon Islands Government, and not RAMSI, to resolve these issues.

In an on Monday, Mr Coppel said he believes Solomon Islands will soon be ready to manage its own security affairs, though the country's police force still needs a little outside help.

Read more:

AN Concerns in Guadalcanal