Nigeria's Foreign Currency Crisis Boon for Bitcoin: Country Tops Wallet Downloads Ahead of the US
Nigeria's weakening naira currency, as well as the shortage of U.S. dollars, are forcing businesses to switch to bitcoin as the means of settling payments for international transactions. Nigerian businesses need the American currency to buy new supplies, as well ... read more.
Grayscale's Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash Trusts Trade for Tremendous Premiums
This week data from Arcane Research shows theres been massive demand for Grayscale's recently launched publicly traded crypto trusts. Following the trusts getting DTC eligibility last monday LTCN (litecoin) shares have been selling for a 753% premium while BCHG (bitcoin ... read more.
IRS Prioritizes Cryptocurrency, Now First Question on 1040 Tax Form
The new U.S. tax form is out and the cryptocurrency question is the first one on the main 1040 tax form used by about 150 million people to file their taxes. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires all tax filers ... read more.
Stock Trader Dave Portnoy Dives Into Bitcoin, Only to Panic-Sell After Chainlink Plunges
High profile stock trader Dave Portnoy has panic sold his bitcoin one week after he got into cryptocurrency. He cited the falling price of chainlink, another of his crypto investments, as the main reason. Dave Portnoy Got in and Out ... read more.
12 Bitcoin Cash-Fueled Flipstarter Campaigns Raise $1 Million
The Flipstarter platform has gained traction in the last five months raising $1 million in bitcoin cash for 12 different campaigns. In a recent read.cash blog post, the team behind Flipstarters development said the application demonstrates how stakeholder funding of ... read more.
Iran Shuts Down 1,100 Illegal Bitcoin Miners; Whistleblowers Rewarded $2,400
Irans Power Generation, Distribution, and Transmission Company (Tavanir) has reportedly shut down 1,100 illegal bitcoin mining farms in the country, local media reported. Whistle-blowers tipped off authorities on unauthorized miners following a July announcement of rewards including 100 million rials ... read more.
Re-Mining Simulation Shows Satoshi Used a Single High-End PC to Mine 1.1M Bitcoin
Cryptocurrency advocates have been recently discussing the mysterious Bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto as RSKs chief scientist, Sergio Demian Lerner, published a paper called The Patoshi Mining Machine. Essentially, Lerner simulated Satoshis mining experience. The findings estimate that Bitcoins creator used ... read more.
New Demand for Cryptocurrencies: Trading on Bitcoin Cash KYC-Free Exchange With Blind Escrow
Governments are injecting record levels of new money into economies to contain the impact of shutdowns. Restrictions imposed on people in countries all over the world have forced many to look for alternative but safe ways of transacting. This is ... read more.
Brazilian Crypto Companies to Self-Regulate: Target a $100 Billion Market by Year-End
Brazilian crypto companies have signed a code of self-regulation that aims to legitimize and to boost adoption of crypto assets in the country. The document was signed under the auspices of Abcripto, the countrys association of cryptocurrency companies. According to ... read more.
IMF Publishes Cryptocurrency Explainer, Saying It 'Could Be the Next Step in the Evolution of Money'
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has published a video explaining what cryptocurrency is. Besides suggesting that cryptocurrency could "completely change the way we sell, buy, save, invest, and pay our bills," the video states that it "could be the next ... read more.
Bitmex Restricts Ontario Residents as Mandated by Canadian Regulator
Cryptocurrency derivatives exchange Bitmex will be restricting access to users from Ontario, Canada, starting the beginning of next month. The company says the restrictions are mandated by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). Bitmex Stops Servicing Users in Ontario Bitmex, a ... read more.
Corporate Crypto Reserve Status: Software Firm Snappa Swaps 40% Cash Reserves for Bitcoin
On Monday, Canadian graphics software company, Snappa, revealed that it was holding bitcoin as a reserve asset. Snappa follows the firms Microstrategy and the Canadian restaurant chain Tahini's by deciding to convert cash reserves into the scarce crypto asset. The ... read more.
The Bitcoin Network Now Consumes 7 Nuclear Plants Worth of Power
The SHA256 hashrate that secures the Bitcoin network has grown massively during the last few years, as Bitcoin's processing power has touched all-time highs in 2020. Moreover, the gigawatts of electrical consumption powering industrial bitcoin mining today consumes as much ... read more.
Venezuela Blocks Opposition From Disbursing $18 Million To Health Workers via Bitcoin Exchange Airtm
Venezuela has blocked the main opposition from distributing $18 million worth of cash previously seized by the U.S. from the Nicolas Maduro government. The money is being dished out via peer-to-peer (P2P) crypto exchange Airtm to 62,000 healthcare workers starting ... read more.
P2P Cryptocurrency Exchanges in Africa Pivot: Nigeria and Kenya the Target Markets
Leading cryptocurrency exchanges are bullish about Africas growth prospects as evidenced by their ongoing forays into the continent. During the month of August, Kucoin crypto exchange announced the addition of Nigerias naira currency as a payment option on its peer-to-peer ... read more.
Analysts Predict US Presidential Election Outcome Could Collapse Dollar, Boost Bitcoin and Gold
Analysts have predicted a bearish outlook for the U.S. dollar as the country's 2020 presidential election approaches. One analyst says gold will correct with Donald Trump's victory followed by the collapse of the U.S. dollar. Bitcoin, on the other hand, ... read more.
Increase Your Profit Potential With Margin Trading
Spot trading is a popular way for investors to access the crypto market in a straightforward manner. Its mainly fiat-to-crypto trading, as well as crypto-to-crypto trading. Its simple, you get a crypto wallet, you buy a token with fiat currencies, ... read more.
Riot Blockchain Buys 8,000 of Bitmain's Latest Bitcoin Miners, Company Targets 1.5 EH/s by 2021
Bitmain Technologies Inc. said Monday that Nasdaq-listed Riot Blockchain is buying 8,000 of its Antminer S19 Pro bitcoin miners in a deal worth $17.7 million. In a blog post, the Chinese crypto mining hardware maker stated that the machines will ... read more.
Aave Protocol Outpaces Maker With $1.4B Locked, Defi Project Granted UK Electronic Money License
The decentralized finance (defi) open-source protocol built on Ethereum, Aave, has surpassed the Maker Dao project in terms of total-value-locked (TVL) this week. The lending and borrowing platform Aave has $1.43 billion locked on Tuesday climbing 7.7% in the last ... read more.
Developers Plan to Compete in Bitcoin Cash-Fueled Hackathon 'BCH Devcon III'
On September 4-6, Bitcoin Cash engineers will be holding the third annual developers' conference dubbed "BCH Devcon III." More than 30+ bitcoin cash ($8,300) will be available in prizes for winning teams who participate in the 72-hour hackathon. Software developers ... read more.
Hyperinflation and Currency Collapse Fears After Zambian President Fires Central Bank Governor
Zambian President Edgar Lungu fired the country's central bank governor Denny Kalyalya last week sparking fears that government wants to end the institutions independence. Kaylalya was immediately replaced by Christopher Mvunga who reportedly has close ties to the President. The ... read more.
Official Notice Says Cheap Electricity to End for Inner Mongolian Bitcoin Miners
Regional reports say that officials from Inner Mongolia delineated 21 bitcoin mines, as the region plans to stop subsidized electrical rates for certain data firms. Unless the bitcoin mining facilities pack up and migrate, mining farms may see an electrical ... read more.
IRS Sends Fresh Round of Tax Warning Letters to Cryptocurrency Owners
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has begun sending new warning letters to cryptocurrency owners. This followed the tax agency prioritizing cryptocurrency on its tax forms. "The IRS is getting very serious about cryptocurrency tax compliance," a tax expert told ... read more.
Report: Russia Remains a 'Key Market for Crypto,' Commands the 3rd Largest Bitcoin Hashrate in the World
The fervor for cryptocurrency assets in Russia has grown wild over the last few years. This week Xangle Research published a comprehensive report about digital currencies and the Russian environment in 2020. The study's findings show that Russia is one ... read more.
Crypto Exchange FTX Buys Blockfolio for $150 Million in Effort To Expand Retail Presence
Cryptocurrency derivatives exchange FTX has acquired the popular portfolio tracking app Blockfolio for $150 million in a bid to gain a foothold in the crypto retail market. The deal - consummated after nine months of negotiation - was settled using ... read more.
Korean Police Seize Crypto Exchange Coinbit Over Allegations of $84 Million in Wash Trades
Police in South Korea on Wednesday raided and seized the offices of Coinbit, the countrys third largest crypto exchange, over allegations it faked 99% of its trading volume. According to a report from Seoul News, local police took control of ... read more.
Dash Nigeria Takes Digital Currency Education Campaign to Regulators and Key Institutions
With sophisticated fraud schemes seemingly overwhelming the African crypto market, there is a growing need for players in the space to help fight this scourge. Some are responding through increased educational campaigns, which they hope will not only turn the ... read more.
Capturing Petahash: Marathon Obtains 3,300 Bitcoin Mining Rigs, Acquires Fastblock for $22 Million
The Nasdaq-listed cryptocurrency mining company, Marathon Patent Group, has announced it will be purchasing Fastblock Mining in an all stock transaction. The firms letter of intent revealed Marathon will acquire Fastblock for around $22 million. The company will obtain 3,304 ... read more.
- Crypto cash: Stakeholders talk about what could be the way forward - The Indian Express - November 29th, 2021
- Data Shows a Myriad of Crypto Networks Are More Profitable to Mine Than Bitcoin Mining Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Hit Another New All-Time High This Month. Why Crypto Investors Should Ignore the Ups and Downs - NextAdvisor - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash: Why this moving average could be key for a break to the upside - AMBCrypto News - October 20th, 2021
- As Bitcoin goes mainstream, Wall Street looks to cash in - ABC News - October 20th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash Gets Geared Up For A Move As Ethereum Lead The Way Higher - Benzinga - Benzinga - October 20th, 2021
- ETC Group: Europe Overtakes Canada to Hold the World's Largest and Most Traded Physical Single Asset Cryptocurrency ETP - Business Wire - October 20th, 2021
- The Prophecy Of Satoshi Nakamoto: Bitcoin As Religion - Bitcoin Magazine - October 20th, 2021
- NBA agrees to first cryptocurrency sponsorship deal with Coinbase - Basketball Insiders - October 20th, 2021
- Grayscale confirms Bitcoin ETF plans and adds exposure to Zcash, Stellar Lumens and Horizen to its trusts - Cointelegraph - October 20th, 2021
- Douugh partners with Zero Hash to launch integrated crypto offering - Finextra - October 20th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Hows It Differ From Bitcoin and Whats It Worth? - Yahoo Finance - April 5th, 2021
- The Power of ETH and BCH: Smart Bitcoin Cash Project Highlights Innovative Sidechain Technology Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Developers Launch the First Hosted Noncustodial Payment Processor for Bitcoin Cash Payments Technology Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Ethereum Sets a New All-Time High Above the $2K Handle, Bitcoin Cash Markets Jump 8% Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- US Judge Dismisses Antitrust Case Accusing Bitmain, Kraken, and BCH Devs of Manipulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 5th, 2021
- Top 10 Cryptocurrencies To Invest In 2021 - Goodreturns - April 5th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers April 5th, 2021 - FX Empire - April 5th, 2021
- PayPal solidifies standing as major crypto player with latest payment option - Business Insider - April 5th, 2021
- Ziglu makes Tezos and digital coin tez available to customers - Finextra - April 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): There's More Than One Bitcoin? - Vulcan Post - April 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Soars After Kim Dotcom Support - Finance Magnates - February 15th, 2021
- Kim Dotcom Publishes a Website That Highlights the Benefits of Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - February 15th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers February 14th, 2021 - FX Empire - February 15th, 2021
- What is the problem with cryptocurrency (bitcoin)? - Investors' Corner - Investors' Corner BNP Paribas - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin Has Reached Its Latest High Above $48,000What's Next? - Forbes - February 15th, 2021
- Apple Pay can now be used to spend Bitcoin - CNET - February 15th, 2021
- Uber wont buy bitcoin with its cash but would consider accepting it as payment, CEO says - CNBC - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin cash out: Is it worth using Bitcoin as money? - Marketing Analysis - February 15th, 2021
- UK cryptocurrency startups coining the future of fintech in 2021 - UKTN (UK Technology News - February 15th, 2021
- If Dogecoin is a Joke, Why is Elon Musk Pumping This Meme Cryptocurrency? - Value The Markets - February 15th, 2021
- Better Than Bitcoin? 6 Other Cryptocurrencies You Should Consider - InvestorPlace - February 15th, 2021
- 5 reasons why bitcoin cryptocurrency prices are on the rise - Economic Times - February 15th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash, Ripple Price Prediction: What Next for BCH and XRP? - InvestingCube - February 11th, 2021
- Ray Dalio on why Bitcoin is zooming and why it faces hurdles as an alternative asset - Moneycontrol - February 11th, 2021
- The Impact of Bitcoin on Online Poker - TechRound - February 11th, 2021
- The Grayscale Bitcoin Trust: What It Is and How It Works - CoinDesk - Coindesk - February 11th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 9.14% Up In The Last 24 Hours - Via News Agency - February 11th, 2021
- Central Bank of Kenya to Reportedly Use Bitcoin as Reserve Currency - Coingape - February 11th, 2021
- Dogecoin Blasts Into Top 10, And Leaves - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- Crypto Has Entered Its Fourth Stage Of Adoption, Industry Exec Says - Forbes - January 30th, 2021
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers January 30th, 2021 - FX Empire - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bearish Momentum: 6.82% Down In The Last 12 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 6.88% Up In The Last 6 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- USDT Transactions on Tron Surpassed Ethereum Tether Transactions Every Day in 2021 Altcoins Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Jumps To Almost USD 38K, Ethereum, Altcoins Try To Follow - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- American Cancer Society Creates Its First Crypto Only Donation Fund News Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Gemini research reveals 2 in 5 crypto investors in the UK are women - PR Newswire UK - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash USD On Bullish Momentum: 5.93% Up In The Last 6 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- How to buy bitcoin in a IRA: Rules, benefits, risks, and where to buy - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin Holds Steady Above USD 30K, Ethereum and Altcoins Gain Traction - Cryptonews - January 30th, 2021
- US Court Sentences ICO Fraudster to 6 Months in Jail: Orders the Accused to Pay Over $4 Million in Restitution Regulation - Bitcoin News - January 30th, 2021
- Bitcoin On Bearish Momentum: 11.62% Down In The Last 12 Hours - Via News Agency - January 30th, 2021
- Ex-CEO of Bitcoin.com, a Leading Proponent of Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Joins Nodle's Board to Help Develop the Nodle Cash Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - September 30th, 2020
- The Genesis of BCH Tokenization: Over 10,000 SLP Tokens Built on Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 30th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Roger Ver Propaganda for the Blockchain Technology and Use Case Continues - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 28th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Crypto hedge funds and mining regulations: Bad crypto news of the week - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 27th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- What Would Jesus Think of Bitcoin? - hackernoon.com - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 26th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- AirVPN review: Good speeds and full of stats - PCWorld - September 30th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 25th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Unlimited Launches Two-Option Voting App Powered by Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Up $0.33 On 4 Hour Chart, Started Today Up 2.12%; in a Downtrend Over Past 30 Days - CFDTrading - September 18th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 18th, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 18th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 17th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 18th, 2020
- Miny.CC Innovation in the Cryptocurrency Mining Sphere | Press release Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Mad Money's Jim Cramer 'Fixated' on Buying Bitcoin, Fears Massive Inflation | News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Faces Third Blockchain Split in Under Four Years - Decrypt - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers September 4th, 2020 - FX Empire - September 4th, 2020
- Meet The 2 Newest Grayscale Products That Trade On OTC Markets - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Analysis: Breakdown Could Extend Below $200 - Live Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies Price Prediction: Bitcoin Cash, Tron and Ethereum European Wrap 2 September - FXStreet - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers August 31st, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Slips in Latest Crypto Ranking by Chinese Government-Backed Center | News - Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- The Crypto Daily Movers and Shakers August 30th, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - September 4th, 2020
- Canaan Cuts Losses for Second Successive Quarter, Down To $2.4M in Q2; Demand Remains Weak - Bitcoin News - September 4th, 2020
- Inter-Blockchain Liquidity: Minting Synthetic Bitcoin Cash With the Ren Protocol - Bitcoin News - August 28th, 2020