Todays columnist, Borya Shakhnovich of airSlate, says companies such as Facebook have extended work-from-home plans and likely embrace automation. He says companies facing employee burnout from work-from-home policies will find that automation paves the way to enterprise security. jikatu CreativeCommons Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0
Many organizations in big tech such as Facebook, Twitter and Google have already implemented long-term or permanent remote work plans for their employees. Some of these elongated plans have been taxing for organizations and contributed to feelings of burnout and lack of motivation among employees. Add to this the increased distractions at home offices and mistakes have run rampant.
Security teams need to take note, especially since 90 percent of cyberattacks are driven by human error. Malicious actors realize these distractions and use it to their advantage, increasing their attack sophistication and surface.
Companies have found that robotic process automation (RPA) has become a need to have as a way to reduce employee burnout, increase efficiencies and productivity, and eliminate potential mistakes across the enterprise. In fact, Gartner expects global RPA software revenue to increase almost 20 percent in the next year, reaching almost $2 billion this year. With a growing number of companies adopting this technology, keeping it secure and compliant remains a top priority.
Here are my top three tips for businesses to secure their automation infrastructure, especially while employees remain remote:
Automation bots have privileged access to sensitive credentials and internal application user data. With such privileged access, bots can drive efficiencies for employees providing admission to documentation at a moments notice.
Because bots are the pathway to confidential information like financials, this makes them increasingly interesting to malicious actors. But, if malicious activity were to breach a bot, sensitive credentials and confidential dashboard and report data could potentially get exposed and viewed by both internal and external parties, who should not have access to such information.
Businesses must prevent such malicious activity by paying close attention to document access. This starts with setting up user and administrative rights across enterprise systems. By implementing an end-to-end technology solution that has complete control over data transfer, organizations can consistently maintain desired document access between employees, even while remote. By proactively setting up access, organizations can create a wall that a malicious actor would have to break to breach a system.
In todays new remote normal, organizations are transferring data via cloud environments more than ever before. Many low or no-code automated workflows run on these cloud environments, which makes it easy for even the least tech-savvy user to create and use applications, and stay virtually connected with colleagues.
But what many dont realize is that theres ample back-end coding in place to make such no-code applications work for the everyday employee. In developing this back-end coding, developers must implement encryption to protect the data that moves across automated web-based applications.
As such, organizations should first confirm that they have encryption algorithms in place across applications for data protection both at rest and in transit. In addition, they must understand their managed hosting environments and deploy encryption methods that match their needs. This will act as an extra layer of protection for both enterprise and customer data.
When implementing process automation across compliant-heavy industries like the healthcare, finance and legal sectors, its important to remain in compliance with federal and state regulations and laws such as HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA. If compliance standards are violated, this can lead to hefty financial penalties.
Ensure that automation platforms follow specific industry regulations, are policy- compliant and achieve certification standards. Once these standards are in place, its important to set up an audit trail to chronologically record actions across databases to ensure that execution remains compliant. An audit trail also helps to detect any unauthorized access and unusual activity across systems, which ultimately keeps automated systems secure. Additionally, an audit trail displays the activities that took place, who performed them and when they were performed. If suspicious activity were to come to light, it would not go unnoticed.
Todays enterprise environment has changed dramatically. With remote work, organizations must ensure that employees remain connected and productive without becoming burnt out and that only happens when they have fast access to data and applications.
Maintaining the flow of data means implementing secure and compliant automated business platforms. Keeping operations secure means choosing the right software and implementing the right processes to ensure that theres a consistent view of protected activity. Automation will pave the way to enterprise security.
Borya Shakhnovich, chief executive officer, airSlate
View original post here:
- Oil & Gas Pipeline and Transportation Automation Market in Industrial Machinery Industry to grow by $ 742.43 million| Emerging Trends, Company... - July 12th, 2021
- Labor shortage will lead to more automation, & responsible teens - New Jersey 101.5 FM - July 12th, 2021
- System Integration Services Market for Industrial Automation in India to reach USD 420.53 million| Discover Company Insights in Technavio - KPVI News... - July 12th, 2021
- Exclusive: TikTok introducing more automation to video removals - Axios - July 12th, 2021
- The Rise of Automation in Analytical Science - Technology Networks - July 12th, 2021
- Innovation Institute incubator to co-develop automation tools with Olive - Modern Healthcare - July 12th, 2021
- Worldwide Industrial Automation Industry to 2027 - Growing Number of SMEs Presents Opportunities - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Robotic Process Automation Sweeps Across the Healthcare Industry - Electronic Design - July 12th, 2021
- Everyone's Talking Automation: What does HR Software Really Do? - State-Journal.com - July 12th, 2021
- The pandemic has brought more automation, which could have long-term impacts for workers. - The New York Times - July 12th, 2021
- Shanghai Targets 47 Million TEU Annually Through Growth and Automation - The Maritime Executive - July 12th, 2021
- Restaurants are starting to hire robots instead of people who are demanding higher pay - Business Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Provider-owned Innovation Lab partners with Olive to build automation tools - MedCity News - July 12th, 2021
- The lab automation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.53% during 2021-2026 - GlobeNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Real estate is a people business, but automation can help - HousingWire - July 12th, 2021
- Home Automation For Fans Of Quick-and-Dirty Solutions - Hackaday - July 12th, 2021
- Remote Access in the Continuous Processing Industry Take Five with Automation World - Automation World - July 12th, 2021
- Banking CFOs need to step up efforts in ESG, automation and crypto support - Accenture study - IT Brief Australia - July 12th, 2021
- Automation Market in Textile Industry: Forecast of Healthy YoY Growth Rate at 1.20% - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Insights on the Industrial Automation Global Market to 2027 - Featuring ABB, Siemens and Schneider Electric Among Others - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2021
- OMD Sees Campaign Results Skyrocket by Using IAS Automated Tag with Google - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2021
- Adding Automation to PRNT's 3D Printing Thesis - ETF Trends - July 12th, 2021
- WISeKey combats cybercrime with HIRO Cybersecurity Knowledge Automation, the first ever integrated cybersecurity automation solution which uses... - July 12th, 2021
- Restaurant owner: Automated drive-thrus trump $15 wages for business - Business Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Introducing FlexRule X, the Next Generation of End-to-End Decision Automation Platform: Ready for Early Access - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Network Automation Market to Hit USD 22.58 Billion by 2027 Backed by Increasing Adoption of Connected Devices Worldwide, reports Fortune Business... - July 12th, 2021
- Building Competitive Advantage With Automation - Broadband Communities - April 5th, 2021
- What Do We Mean by Automation? - Forbes - April 5th, 2021
- NG automation to catapult productivity and profitability with edge computing - FutureIoT - April 5th, 2021
- How automating and streamlining can provide a treasure trove of data - Smart Business Network - April 5th, 2021
- Addressing great need for automation of composites - Advanced Manufacturing - April 5th, 2021
- NASAs small business picks take on automation in space - TechCrunch - April 5th, 2021
- Cockpit automation leading to airline industry complacency - Airline Ratings - April 5th, 2021
- HAL in Permian Automation Breakthrough and More - Rigzone News - April 5th, 2021
- Worldwide Robotic Process Automation Industry (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Automation Anywhere, NICE and Blue Prism Among Others -... - April 5th, 2021
- Deloitte and UiPath Team on Intelligent Automation Solutions Built for the Oracle ERP Platform - PRNewswire - April 5th, 2021
- The benefits of hyper-automation for banking - Finextra - Finextra - April 5th, 2021
- Test automation tools: 8 trends and techniques to watch - TechBeacon - April 5th, 2021
- CrowdStrike Releases 2021 Cybersecurity Global Threat Report - Automation World - April 5th, 2021
- Is the Future of Manufacturing Automated or Autonomous? - Entrepreneur - April 5th, 2021
- Diving Into the Boost for Automation in the Claims and Appraisal Process - glassBYTEs - April 5th, 2021
- How does your company help customers with their automated testing initiatives? - SDTimes.com - April 5th, 2021
- 78% of IT Leaders Plan to Increase Spending on Automation Initiatives Post-Pandemic - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- As Automation Expands in the Nordic Region, Look to 'GXF' - ETF Trends - April 5th, 2021
- Rockwell Automation Stock Appears To Be Significantly Overvalued - Yahoo Finance - April 5th, 2021
- Klaviyo Unveils New Marketing Automation Innovations with Personalized Benchmarks Tool and Conversational SMS - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Save Time & Money With Automated Password Resets - Security Boulevard - April 5th, 2021
- Global Building Automation and Controls Market (2020 to 2027) - Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Strategy Analytics: Automation, IoT, Cloud and 5G Accelerate the Growth of Unified Endpoint Security Adoption - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Latest innovative report on Robotic Process Automation in Finance Market by 2026 with top key players like WorkFusion, Automation Anywhere, Blue... - April 5th, 2021
- DIY Home Automation Market Research Report 2021 | Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Trend and Top Key Players KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - April 5th, 2021
- Making It Work: Automation firm stays sharp with robotics for use in pharma industry - Business Post - April 5th, 2021
- The Evolution of Automation Technologies - Security Boulevard - February 17th, 2021
- Automation in the Age of COVID-19 - Advanced Manufacturing - February 17th, 2021
- Analysts need advanced automation tools to reduce fear of missing incidents - Help Net Security - Help Net Security - February 17th, 2021
- Salesforce: Combining AI and automation can give us superpowers and make us more productive - ZDNet - February 17th, 2021
- Notable Health seeks to improve COVID-19 vaccine administration through intelligent automation - TechCrunch - February 17th, 2021
- 3 Ways Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) is Knocking at the Doors of the Recruitment World - BBN Times - February 17th, 2021
- Automation in Retail to scale new heights and pave way for dynamism - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - February 17th, 2021
- 3D-Printing Is Speeding Up the Automation of Construction - Metropolis - Metropolis Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- The 58th Design Automation Conference Has Been Rescheduled for December 2021 - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- Explosion Proof Equipment in Automation and Control Systems Market In Depth Research Report 2021-2026 by Regional Analysis and Key Players Profiles |... - February 17th, 2021
- Verizon targets robot automation with Incubed IT deal - Mobile World Live - February 17th, 2021
- OPEX Corporation Unveils New Branding to Highlight Automation Technology Innovation - IT News Online - February 17th, 2021
- Lab Automation Workcells Market Overview By Trends, Industry Top Manufactures, Size, Industry Growth Analysis & Forecast Till 2026 KSU | The... - February 17th, 2021
- ActiveCampaign furthers commitment to customer success by bringing together 500+ automation recipes with 125+ new email design templates - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Increase Resource Efficiencies and Revenue with Automation - Lexology - February 17th, 2021
- Leading Demand Generation Company Switches to TEB Business Automation from Salesforce - IT News Online - February 17th, 2021
- Building Automation System Market 2021 Industry Outlook, Comprehensive Insights, Growth and Forecast 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - February 17th, 2021
- Industry Insights: The future of camera control and automation - NewscastStudio - February 17th, 2021
- Best Research Report on Global Industrial Wireless Automation Market with New Business Opportunities by Forecast to 2027 | Siemens, Honeywell... - February 17th, 2021
- More automated traffic enforcement could come to Arlington in the name of social justice - FOX 5 DC - February 17th, 2021
- Harting hosts industrial automation webinar series - Foodprocessing - February 17th, 2021
- Salesforce offers intelligent document automation in conjunction with AWS tool - Healthcare IT News - February 17th, 2021
- Automation Wont Take All The Manufacturing Jobs And Covid Proves It. Heres How - Forbes - February 4th, 2021
- CAQH 2020 Index: Automating Healthcare Administrative Transactions Has Reduced Annual Costs by $122 Billion, $16.3 Billion More Can Be Saved Through... - February 4th, 2021
- Nigeria: Munich Re bets on automation to strengthen the insurance market - The Africa Report - February 4th, 2021
- Digitalization and Manufacturing Automation to Drive the High-performance Plastics Market to $2 Billion by 2027 - PR Newswire India - February 4th, 2021
- Research shows that automation can make recruitment more human - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Helsinki accelerates AI and automation in city services - Cities Today - February 4th, 2021