AI isnt stealing jobs. It could be the key to retraining workers for the jobs of the future.
While reskilling of America may be one of the top challenges for employers over the coming decade, employers that use technology and AI to nurture their staffs career development will be the big winners in keeping top talent, says Anne Fulton, CEO of of Fuel50, a career pathing solution that provides AI tools to bolster employee retention.
Artificial intelligence and automation is estimated to replace 75 million jobs by 2022, according to the World Economic Forum. Companies have started adopting AI in ways that best support their workforce, without losing valuable employees.
We need to think very carefully about how to leverage AI and automation and implementation so that people's contributions are protected, Fulton says. I'm a proponent of protecting those jobs but lets power that person up with as much AI and intelligence so they can do their job better.
Fuel50 utilizes artificial intelligence through algorithms to match employees with internal opportunities with their current employers. The program also provides learning tools and professional development training.
With a roster of 70 companies worldwide and more than one million employees engaged in the program, Fulton says Fuel50 bridges the gap between AI and human touch to help employees seek out opportunities within their own organizations instead of looking for other employment elsewhere.
Read more: How AI can assist overworked human resources
AI has come into many jobs, but I think there is an awareness that it can be done better and there are risks associated with removing those learning moments and problem solving skills, Fulton says. Organizations have been struggling to fill those positions and HR needs to think very, very carefully around how they can future-proof their business and have the skills for the future.
Employees are eager to gain valuable skills and education needed to advance in their careers. According to a 2019 survey by Careerbuilder, just 32% of employees are satisfied with opportunities for career advancement within their own company and 58% say their employer does not offer enough opportunities to advance their skills with education and training. However 73% of employees said they would participate if opportunities were made available.
To attract and retain talent, hiring managers will need to meet workers' career expectations and provide the perks, work-life balance and career advancement opportunities they demand," says Irina Novoselsky, CEO of CareerBuilder.
Companies are quickly recognizing the need to invest not just in technology, but in their workforce too. In July, Amazon announced it would be spending $700 million to train more than 100,000 workers for higher-skilled positions by 2025.
We think its important to invest in our employees, and to help them gain new skills and create more professional options for themselves, Beth Galetti, senior vice president of HR at Amazon, said in a statement.
Read more: The real reason employees leave their employer
Fulton believes this investment will pay off Fuel50 provides educational and skills-based training through their online module and helps identify opportunities within an organization where those skills are most valued. Fulton says the program helps employees stay engaged and excited about their future path.
We start with the employee first. Most HR technology is top-down, compliance driven. We're all about you and your future, Fulton says. Part of that future includes your resilience. We want you to be agile, engaged, motivated and at your best at work.
Currently, Fuel50 has been implemented at DHL, eBay and Pepsi, among other companies.
By focusing on improving the employee experience, companies are able to balance the fast pace of automation and technology with a more engaged and well-skilled workforce aligned with a companys vision for the future, Fulton says.
We're a retention solution, helping employees see where the future lies within that organization, Fulton says. My dream is we utilize AI so that humans are able to do their jobs better and in a more powerful way and people can create futures for themselves.
Read the rest here:
- Automation | Definition of Automation by Merriam-Webster - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation | Definition of Automation at Dictionary.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation (2019) - IMDb - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation - Advantages and disadvantages of automation ... - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game on Steam - April 2nd, 2020
- Bridging the Network Automation Skills Gap - DevOps.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Yard work: Automation strolls out the warehouse door - ZDNet - April 2nd, 2020
- Five Steps To Get Started With Robotic Automation - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- ValueLink drives efficiency in the valuation process through a combination of automation, AI and analytics - HousingWire - April 2nd, 2020
- Bosses speed up automation as virus keeps workers home - The Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- What is Feature Engineering and Why Does It Need To Be Automated? - Datanami - April 2nd, 2020
- Parascript and Le Mans Tech Partner to Offer Integrated Automation Solutions to Small and Midsize Banks - Yahoo Finance - April 2nd, 2020
- Smartly.io Powers Digital Advertising Innovation and Automation on Pinterest - Business Wire - April 2nd, 2020
- Overcoming the challenges of intelligent automation - ITProPortal - April 2nd, 2020
- Will the COVID-19 Pandemic Promote Mass Automation? - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 2nd, 2020
- Attractive Opportunities in Automation - Morningstar - April 2nd, 2020
- Automating with a solid foundation - ITProPortal - April 2nd, 2020
- Industry could fast-track automation amid COVID-19 fallout - www.mining-journal.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Building automation to generate $44bn in revenue per annum - Smart Energy - April 2nd, 2020
- The Idea Behind Automating Your Commissions - Yahoo Finance - April 2nd, 2020
- Why Intelligent Automation is the Need of the Hour - CXOToday.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Using RPA to automate internal audits where to start - TechHQ - April 2nd, 2020
- Scaling Bakery Production with Automated Mixing | 2020-04-01 - Baking Business - April 2nd, 2020
- Virtual assistant 'Larry the Chat Bot' brings automated solution... - Hays Free Press - April 2nd, 2020
- Aleyant Celebrates 15 Years of Innovation in Automated Print Software - Industry Analysts Inc - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation Anywhere helps deliver business continuity with RPA industry's first bot security program - Continuity Central - April 2nd, 2020
- Java vs. Python for test automation? Why Ruby is the better choice - TechBeacon - April 2nd, 2020
- Aido Technologies Launches Free Use of AI-Powered Automated CPT and Diagnosis Coding During the US Response to COVID-19 - Associated Press - April 2nd, 2020
- Automating with a solid foundation - ITProPortal - March 31st, 2020
- Five Steps To Get Started With Robotic Automation - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- Bosses speed up automation as virus keeps workers home - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- How automation is speeding delivery of COVID-19 results to hospitals - TechRepublic - March 31st, 2020
- Reevaluating the Conversation on Automation and the Future of Work - Georgetown Public Policy Review - Georgetown Public Policy Review - March 31st, 2020
- Using RPA to automate internal audits where to start - TechHQ - March 31st, 2020
- What will drive the future of automation? - Essential Install - March 31st, 2020
- Home Working Causes Bosses to Increase Automation - DIGIT.FYI - March 31st, 2020
- Load.ng commits to leveraging Tech for Bitcoin to Naira Exchange Automation. - Techpoint Africa - March 31st, 2020
- news digest: Automation Anywhere's Bot Security, Linux 5.6, and the IntelliSense Code Linter for C++ - SD Times - SDTimes.com - March 31st, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Pushes Logistic Automation up the Agenda - Sea News - March 31st, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): Is It Recession Proof? - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- How AI+Automation Can Transform Tedious Office-Tasks? - Analytics Insight - March 16th, 2020
- Software release cycles accelerate, but automation is not keeping up - ZDNet - March 16th, 2020
- Wannabe Wired: Don't fear the (automated) reaper - The Lawton Constitution - March 16th, 2020
- Study Shows 93% of Employees Believe Process Automation Will Make Jobs Easier - Supply and Demand Chain Executive - March 16th, 2020
- Centralizing Your Systems - Automation World - March 16th, 2020
- Automated trucking, a technical milestone that could disrupt hundreds of thousands of jobs, hits the road - 60 Minutes - CBS News - March 16th, 2020
- Smart bathrooms have been around since the 1980s. But do they help against coronavirus? - NorthJersey.com - March 16th, 2020
- How do financial advisors stay relevant in the age of automation? - Moneyweb.co.za - March 16th, 2020
- How SEOs can benefit from using AI and automation - Econsultancy - March 16th, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation Market World Informing, Growth Analysis And Opportunities Outlook 2020 To 2026 - News Times - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Transformation: UAE Banking Executive Explains How Fintech, AI, Robotic Process Automation is Transforming Finance Sector - Crowdfund Insider - March 16th, 2020
- Why robotic process automation (RPA) is the perfect technology for logistics - FreightWaves - March 16th, 2020
- Research Predicts Automated Deliveries Will Generate up to $48.4B in Revenue by 2030 - Supply and Demand Chain Executive - March 16th, 2020
- SOARIZON by Thales and Iris Automation announce partnership - sUAS News - March 16th, 2020
- This husband-wife duos startup helps companies automate their workflows - YourStory - March 16th, 2020
- Why Police Love the Idea of Automated Content Moderation - Slate - March 16th, 2020
- Smart Elevator Automation System Market 2019 Trends, Size, Segments, Emerging Technologies and Industry Growth by Forecast to 2023 - Packaging News 24 - March 16th, 2020
- Connectivity is the key to early wins in connected and automated mobility - FleetNews - March 16th, 2020
- 2.7m Aussie jobs at risk of automation - ACS - March 16th, 2020
- Bots bring automation to the war on data entry - C4ISRNet - March 16th, 2020
- Will The Tesla Model Y Allow Fully Automated Production To Happen? - InsideEVs - March 16th, 2020
- Bolt-on Software and Automation Technologies Showcased at MODEX - Benzinga - March 11th, 2020
- Helping workers survive automation - Bangkok Post - March 11th, 2020
- AI and Automation in the Workplace - Electropages - March 11th, 2020
- Packsize and 6 River Systems Collaborate on Next-generation Warehouse Automation Technology at MODEX - DC Velocity - March 11th, 2020
- Automation startup Zinier raises $90 million to expand in Brazil - Capacity Media - March 11th, 2020
- Don't miss the big Brexit automation opportunity to improve digital skills - Information Age - March 11th, 2020
- Why enterprises are turning to partnership automation - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - March 11th, 2020
- Kryon Solidifies Leadership in Singapore's Robotic Process Automation Marketplace With Government Accreditation From IMDA - PRNewswire - March 11th, 2020
- Leveraging artificial intelligence to automate data extraction from geotagged images - Geospatial World - March 11th, 2020
- Royal Society of Arts calls for training amid automation rise - The National - March 11th, 2020
- Automated Material Handling Market Expected to Grow with a CAGR of 11.30% During the Forecast Period, 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business... - March 11th, 2020
- New and notable: Automation and AI - Greenhouse Canada - March 11th, 2020
- Call Center Automation Depends on Collaborative AI - Customer Think - March 11th, 2020
- Process Automation Software Market (2020 To 2027) is booming worldwide with Adobe, AppSheet, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism - News Times - March 11th, 2020
- Munich Re Automation Solutions on the rise of the insurtech sector - Insurance Business - March 11th, 2020
- APAC Automation & Control Systems Market in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry, Forecast to 2023 - Positive Market Sentiments Point to Slow... - March 6th, 2020
- Microsoft Goes All-In On RPA (Robotic Process Automation) - Forbes - March 6th, 2020
- Aging and automation shaping workforce, labor secretary tells Worcester business group - Worcester Telegram - March 6th, 2020
- How automation is taking some of the burden for healthcare workers - Tech Wire Asia - March 6th, 2020