ISPs can use autonomous technologies to help networks grow with companies as their business needs and markets change.
Since the introduction of the first public switched telephone network, networks have continually evolved. Through the various stages of development from fixed endpoints in the early days of the internet to todays broadband networks that connect mobile users to massive data centers and bandwidth behemoths such as Netflix, Amazon and Facebook networks have adjusted to accommodate new demands. The once-static infrastructure is undergoing a more profound transformation than ever before.
The latest incarnation is autonomous networks, a trend that has been building for some time. An autonomous network runs without much human intervention; it can configure, monitor and maintain itself independently. As business and residential subscribers networks become more complex than ever, internet service providers (ISPs) can harness this evolution of networking by committing to providing networks that can grow with companies as their business needs and markets change.
In addressing the needs of tomorrow, ISPs must understand that todays world is hyper-connected, reliant on complex infrastructures and multicloud environments, connected through a mesh of networks. But modern network demands create new challenges for ISPs. To advance, teams need to start moving away from manual efforts and start harnessing the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to drive automation and self-healing networks.
To succeed with AI and ML, companies must have full network visibility. The networking community hungers for disruptive ideas to address the unsustainable economics of present-day networks. Today, operational complexity is increasing exponentially as traffic continues to explode and new devices proliferate. Meanwhile, rising operational costs and slower time to revenue squeeze margins for traditional service providers.
The answer to this problem is taking shape in the form of AI-driven networks, a new approach model that will eliminate operational complexity regardless of the type and volume of network traffic. ISPs must act quickly to incorporate disruptive technology that advances AI and ML concepts to transform static networks into dynamic, programmable environments that are predictive, proactive and automated.
The reality is that to be successful, companies cannot build a new future on old technologies. The days of closed, proprietary networks and vendor lock-in are over; the market demands new solutions that are open, intelligent, agile and secure. The investment companies make into any new technology also requires that they leverage their resources to quickly learn and understand the power of automating workflows. Fortunately, the ability for ISPs to automate and optimize operations on the fly and build sustainably within a standards-based approach is becoming the new norm, which is exactly what data-driven ISPs need today.
AI-driven networks will take the tedious job of data mining out of the equation, focusing on proactive problem resolutions. As ISPs get into more complex things in which people dont really understand all the correlations or how they correlate, AI can help draw the correlation in a fraction of the time it would take network operations teams. The future network will self-configure, monitor, manage, correct, defend and analyze with little human intervention, providing more time for service providers to innovate their businesses.
Traffic spikes on todays networks can cause goliath challenges in determining the problem, ranging from a new video game release to widespread streaming of national events to distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. Luckily, ML algorithms are becoming more intelligent, interpreting vast amounts of network traffic behavior data to predict performance issues before subscribers are affected. The reality of networking software today is that ISPs need tools that intelligently analyze and adapt, providing immediate security during DDoS attacks and increased bandwidth to support traffic surges.
AI-driven networks powered by ML algorithms will be the end state of a progressive journey beginning with data collection and visualization, leading to automated event correlation and programmability and allowing networks to run autonomously.
The ability for ISPs to leverage their software investments to automatically intervene and correct issues that they identify before they become noticeable to subscribers will be key to addressing the digital customer experience revolution.
Advancements in automation and AI technologies often invoke fears of job displacement. Conversely, the introduction of AI will free network staff from repetitive manual tasks, meaning customer support personnel will spend less time troubleshooting performance issues and running networks and more time working strategically and developing innovation that secures businesses and drives them forward.
As the internet of things (IoT) gathers steam, these emerging software tools will be in high demand to make sense of the deluge of incoming data. For ISPs and technology vendors, it will be imperative to implement ML algorithms that filter out the normal and allow service providers to focus on the anomalous, the unexpected and the dangerous.
Companies considering choosing a vendor with AI and ML claims to their technology should be sure to investigate the companys longevity in the market, along with its strategic software partners, to evaluate whether a long-term customer relationship offers an easy ability to scale over time. Those that make the early investment in AI capabilities need to understand that in the not-so-distant future, applications and hardware technology will become less artificial and more intelligent. When selecting a partner to define a future network, companies should consider three critical components:
Where ML shows its real value is in the ability to rely less on vast amounts of data and more on top-down reasoning that more closely mimics how humans approach problems and tasks. ML products will have more efficient reasoning, ready expertise and common sense.
As technology vendors continue to substantially invest in AI and ML development to set the foundation for autonomous networks, the feedback from early adopters will form the basis of AI-driven tools for the next five years. Transforming networks into dynamic, programmable environments that are predictive, proactive and automated will be key for service providers of the future.
Here is the original post:
- Oil & Gas Pipeline and Transportation Automation Market in Industrial Machinery Industry to grow by $ 742.43 million| Emerging Trends, Company... - July 12th, 2021
- Labor shortage will lead to more automation, & responsible teens - New Jersey 101.5 FM - July 12th, 2021
- System Integration Services Market for Industrial Automation in India to reach USD 420.53 million| Discover Company Insights in Technavio - KPVI News... - July 12th, 2021
- Exclusive: TikTok introducing more automation to video removals - Axios - July 12th, 2021
- The Rise of Automation in Analytical Science - Technology Networks - July 12th, 2021
- Innovation Institute incubator to co-develop automation tools with Olive - Modern Healthcare - July 12th, 2021
- Worldwide Industrial Automation Industry to 2027 - Growing Number of SMEs Presents Opportunities - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Robotic Process Automation Sweeps Across the Healthcare Industry - Electronic Design - July 12th, 2021
- Everyone's Talking Automation: What does HR Software Really Do? - State-Journal.com - July 12th, 2021
- The pandemic has brought more automation, which could have long-term impacts for workers. - The New York Times - July 12th, 2021
- Shanghai Targets 47 Million TEU Annually Through Growth and Automation - The Maritime Executive - July 12th, 2021
- Restaurants are starting to hire robots instead of people who are demanding higher pay - Business Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Provider-owned Innovation Lab partners with Olive to build automation tools - MedCity News - July 12th, 2021
- The lab automation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.53% during 2021-2026 - GlobeNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Real estate is a people business, but automation can help - HousingWire - July 12th, 2021
- Home Automation For Fans Of Quick-and-Dirty Solutions - Hackaday - July 12th, 2021
- Remote Access in the Continuous Processing Industry Take Five with Automation World - Automation World - July 12th, 2021
- Banking CFOs need to step up efforts in ESG, automation and crypto support - Accenture study - IT Brief Australia - July 12th, 2021
- Automation Market in Textile Industry: Forecast of Healthy YoY Growth Rate at 1.20% - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Insights on the Industrial Automation Global Market to 2027 - Featuring ABB, Siemens and Schneider Electric Among Others - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2021
- OMD Sees Campaign Results Skyrocket by Using IAS Automated Tag with Google - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2021
- Adding Automation to PRNT's 3D Printing Thesis - ETF Trends - July 12th, 2021
- WISeKey combats cybercrime with HIRO Cybersecurity Knowledge Automation, the first ever integrated cybersecurity automation solution which uses... - July 12th, 2021
- Restaurant owner: Automated drive-thrus trump $15 wages for business - Business Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Introducing FlexRule X, the Next Generation of End-to-End Decision Automation Platform: Ready for Early Access - PRNewswire - July 12th, 2021
- Network Automation Market to Hit USD 22.58 Billion by 2027 Backed by Increasing Adoption of Connected Devices Worldwide, reports Fortune Business... - July 12th, 2021
- What Do We Mean by Automation? - Forbes - April 5th, 2021
- NG automation to catapult productivity and profitability with edge computing - FutureIoT - April 5th, 2021
- How automating and streamlining can provide a treasure trove of data - Smart Business Network - April 5th, 2021
- Addressing great need for automation of composites - Advanced Manufacturing - April 5th, 2021
- NASAs small business picks take on automation in space - TechCrunch - April 5th, 2021
- Cockpit automation leading to airline industry complacency - Airline Ratings - April 5th, 2021
- HAL in Permian Automation Breakthrough and More - Rigzone News - April 5th, 2021
- Worldwide Robotic Process Automation Industry (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Automation Anywhere, NICE and Blue Prism Among Others -... - April 5th, 2021
- Deloitte and UiPath Team on Intelligent Automation Solutions Built for the Oracle ERP Platform - PRNewswire - April 5th, 2021
- The benefits of hyper-automation for banking - Finextra - Finextra - April 5th, 2021
- Test automation tools: 8 trends and techniques to watch - TechBeacon - April 5th, 2021
- CrowdStrike Releases 2021 Cybersecurity Global Threat Report - Automation World - April 5th, 2021
- Is the Future of Manufacturing Automated or Autonomous? - Entrepreneur - April 5th, 2021
- Diving Into the Boost for Automation in the Claims and Appraisal Process - glassBYTEs - April 5th, 2021
- How does your company help customers with their automated testing initiatives? - SDTimes.com - April 5th, 2021
- 78% of IT Leaders Plan to Increase Spending on Automation Initiatives Post-Pandemic - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- As Automation Expands in the Nordic Region, Look to 'GXF' - ETF Trends - April 5th, 2021
- Rockwell Automation Stock Appears To Be Significantly Overvalued - Yahoo Finance - April 5th, 2021
- Klaviyo Unveils New Marketing Automation Innovations with Personalized Benchmarks Tool and Conversational SMS - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Save Time & Money With Automated Password Resets - Security Boulevard - April 5th, 2021
- Global Building Automation and Controls Market (2020 to 2027) - Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Strategy Analytics: Automation, IoT, Cloud and 5G Accelerate the Growth of Unified Endpoint Security Adoption - Business Wire - April 5th, 2021
- Latest innovative report on Robotic Process Automation in Finance Market by 2026 with top key players like WorkFusion, Automation Anywhere, Blue... - April 5th, 2021
- DIY Home Automation Market Research Report 2021 | Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Trend and Top Key Players KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - April 5th, 2021
- Making It Work: Automation firm stays sharp with robotics for use in pharma industry - Business Post - April 5th, 2021
- The Evolution of Automation Technologies - Security Boulevard - February 17th, 2021
- Automation in the Age of COVID-19 - Advanced Manufacturing - February 17th, 2021
- Analysts need advanced automation tools to reduce fear of missing incidents - Help Net Security - Help Net Security - February 17th, 2021
- Salesforce: Combining AI and automation can give us superpowers and make us more productive - ZDNet - February 17th, 2021
- Notable Health seeks to improve COVID-19 vaccine administration through intelligent automation - TechCrunch - February 17th, 2021
- 3 Ways Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) is Knocking at the Doors of the Recruitment World - BBN Times - February 17th, 2021
- Automation in Retail to scale new heights and pave way for dynamism - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - February 17th, 2021
- How to automate while maintaining security and compliance | SC Media - SC Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- 3D-Printing Is Speeding Up the Automation of Construction - Metropolis - Metropolis Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- The 58th Design Automation Conference Has Been Rescheduled for December 2021 - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- Explosion Proof Equipment in Automation and Control Systems Market In Depth Research Report 2021-2026 by Regional Analysis and Key Players Profiles |... - February 17th, 2021
- Verizon targets robot automation with Incubed IT deal - Mobile World Live - February 17th, 2021
- OPEX Corporation Unveils New Branding to Highlight Automation Technology Innovation - IT News Online - February 17th, 2021
- Lab Automation Workcells Market Overview By Trends, Industry Top Manufactures, Size, Industry Growth Analysis & Forecast Till 2026 KSU | The... - February 17th, 2021
- ActiveCampaign furthers commitment to customer success by bringing together 500+ automation recipes with 125+ new email design templates - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Increase Resource Efficiencies and Revenue with Automation - Lexology - February 17th, 2021
- Leading Demand Generation Company Switches to TEB Business Automation from Salesforce - IT News Online - February 17th, 2021
- Building Automation System Market 2021 Industry Outlook, Comprehensive Insights, Growth and Forecast 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - February 17th, 2021
- Industry Insights: The future of camera control and automation - NewscastStudio - February 17th, 2021
- Best Research Report on Global Industrial Wireless Automation Market with New Business Opportunities by Forecast to 2027 | Siemens, Honeywell... - February 17th, 2021
- More automated traffic enforcement could come to Arlington in the name of social justice - FOX 5 DC - February 17th, 2021
- Harting hosts industrial automation webinar series - Foodprocessing - February 17th, 2021
- Salesforce offers intelligent document automation in conjunction with AWS tool - Healthcare IT News - February 17th, 2021
- Automation Wont Take All The Manufacturing Jobs And Covid Proves It. Heres How - Forbes - February 4th, 2021
- CAQH 2020 Index: Automating Healthcare Administrative Transactions Has Reduced Annual Costs by $122 Billion, $16.3 Billion More Can Be Saved Through... - February 4th, 2021
- Nigeria: Munich Re bets on automation to strengthen the insurance market - The Africa Report - February 4th, 2021
- Digitalization and Manufacturing Automation to Drive the High-performance Plastics Market to $2 Billion by 2027 - PR Newswire India - February 4th, 2021
- Research shows that automation can make recruitment more human - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Helsinki accelerates AI and automation in city services - Cities Today - February 4th, 2021