Robotic Process Automation is becoming a popular topic, especially since it helps companies and businesses in many different ways, including by removing tedious tasks from employees.
But what is robotic process automation? Robotic process automation RPA is a system that learns small tedious tasks to complete in the graphical user interface or GUI by watching a user perform the task. After that, the RPA robots can continue the tasks while the employee can start on other projects that they didnt have time for before.
Table of Content
However, there are more RPA benefits than just that. Heres a list of the top 25 benefits.
Automated work can not only get tasks faster, but they can also get tasks done at a lower cost. This helps you get more tasks done for a much lower rate.
Repetitive and tedious tasks can slow down your employees, grabbing their time away from more significant tasks. However, with the RPA, your employees will have more time on their hands to complete those other tasks.
With more time on their hands and away from those tedious tasks, your employees can invest themselves more in their work and feel as if theyre doing more for the company.
Humans will inevitably leave some type of error; thats just humans being humans. But the RPA runs with little to no errors, which lowers operational risk.
Unlike robots, humans cannot do every task the same for hours. RPA, however, can duplicate tasks at a constant rate with little to no ways of being distinguishable from the last.
Some RPA complete tasks that humans used to fill out on paper. But now, with RPA, those same tasks can be completed electronically.
The RPA can also find ways to simplify processes when they are automated if possible. This could help create better practicable processes.
[Also Read: How AI Is Posed to Take Robotic Process Automation to the Next Level]
Since RPA does not need a timecard to clock out with, the automation processes can work 24/7 without stopping. This helps companies provide a higher level of service.
The RPA is meticulous, which helps companies have more valuable analytical data and fewer risks of any leakages. The robots can also help collect data that humans could not possibly get, opening up a wider range of critical information for companies to have.
Since RPA can work 24/7, customers can get service at any time for many tasks including processing a credit check and completing a payment.
RPA helps employees give more time to other, more important tasks like customer service.
Tasks, such as internal reports, can be completed faster without any mistakes, so tasks inside the company, like setting up a new employee, can be done faster.
RPA forces organizations to come to an agreement about who owns each application, which helps define governance structures. This allows the robots to have the same access to every application as a human does.
The RPA does not require you to replace your existing IT systems. Instead, it can use your existing systems just as an employee could.
Since the RPA is scalable, companies can scale down or upon their operations to ensure that their company can make an adjustment as needed.
RPA can work for the companies as long as they are needed since they do not need to ever go home, change jobs, or retire. They also do not hack or damage the companies data.
For any company, IT included, the focus is critical. Having less tedious work to do allows IT workers to focus on more important tasks at hand.
Since RPA is doing tedious work, more employees can focus on other tasks, such as creating more sophisticated analysis and core domains. They can develop work areas that they never had the time to before.
Since the RPA produces little to no errors, customer pain points will dramatically decrease. Customers will be able to have fewer problems with each company since robots get more work done in a timely manner.
Companies who use RPA can see benefits from having robots in weeks, if not days. RPA robots can be a quick solution.
RPA can let the company know about the Service Level Agreement (SLA) analysis in real-time, which helps the companies understand how their company is improving or not.
RPA robots make logical decisions that are designed by the best small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). The SMEs can help the RPA find the best practices that will ensure that the companys RPA workforce is performing at a high standard.
The RPA robots automatically document everything they have done, which gives the company a clear audit and a way to easily recover if an unexpected shutdown was to occur.
Some people believe that in the future, the workforce will consist of robots and humans working together to produce the best content. Nothing will fully be automated. By joining the new cutting-edge technology, known as the RPA, companies are becoming more innovated.
The RPA is helping humans have time to generate new, revolutionary ideas to help transcend into the next level of company service and products.
New technology changes can be stressful for employees for many different reasons, including the fact that their current roles and responsibilities may shift. Making sure that employees are kept up to date on the whole RPA process will help the transformation process become smoother.
Companies have different processes, including repetitive ones or more complex activity-based ones where the RPA would interact directly with customers. Its critical for companies to decide which work processes they have are appropriate for their RPA, so everything can run effortlessly.
Companies, upfront, need to realize and understand the limits of what any RPA can and cannot do. Some tasks are not meant to be automated as much as the companies desire them to be. Set realistic goals and continue discussions about expected results from the RPA company-wide.
With the rise of robotic process automation, there are many robotic process automation tools. Heres a list of the top five tools to consider for 2020:
[Also Read: Robotic Process Automation Tools for CIOs]
RPA is something that every company, especially IT, should consider bringing onto their team. Despite the cons, the RPA has many pros that can help a company in expediential ways.
Robotic Process Automation Tools for CIOs TechFunnelImportance of Robotic Process Automation in Content IntelligenceImprove New Employee Onboarding with Robotic Process Automation 4 YouTube Social Media Marketing StrategiesBenefits of Intelligent Process Automation for Your Business
See more here:
- Automation | Definition of Automation by Merriam-Webster - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation | Definition of Automation at Dictionary.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation (2019) - IMDb - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation - Advantages and disadvantages of automation ... - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game on Steam - April 2nd, 2020
- Bridging the Network Automation Skills Gap - DevOps.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Yard work: Automation strolls out the warehouse door - ZDNet - April 2nd, 2020
- Five Steps To Get Started With Robotic Automation - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- ValueLink drives efficiency in the valuation process through a combination of automation, AI and analytics - HousingWire - April 2nd, 2020
- Bosses speed up automation as virus keeps workers home - The Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- What is Feature Engineering and Why Does It Need To Be Automated? - Datanami - April 2nd, 2020
- Parascript and Le Mans Tech Partner to Offer Integrated Automation Solutions to Small and Midsize Banks - Yahoo Finance - April 2nd, 2020
- Smartly.io Powers Digital Advertising Innovation and Automation on Pinterest - Business Wire - April 2nd, 2020
- Overcoming the challenges of intelligent automation - ITProPortal - April 2nd, 2020
- Will the COVID-19 Pandemic Promote Mass Automation? - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 2nd, 2020
- Attractive Opportunities in Automation - Morningstar - April 2nd, 2020
- Automating with a solid foundation - ITProPortal - April 2nd, 2020
- Industry could fast-track automation amid COVID-19 fallout - www.mining-journal.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Building automation to generate $44bn in revenue per annum - Smart Energy - April 2nd, 2020
- The Idea Behind Automating Your Commissions - Yahoo Finance - April 2nd, 2020
- Why Intelligent Automation is the Need of the Hour - CXOToday.com - April 2nd, 2020
- Using RPA to automate internal audits where to start - TechHQ - April 2nd, 2020
- Scaling Bakery Production with Automated Mixing | 2020-04-01 - Baking Business - April 2nd, 2020
- Virtual assistant 'Larry the Chat Bot' brings automated solution... - Hays Free Press - April 2nd, 2020
- Aleyant Celebrates 15 Years of Innovation in Automated Print Software - Industry Analysts Inc - April 2nd, 2020
- Automation Anywhere helps deliver business continuity with RPA industry's first bot security program - Continuity Central - April 2nd, 2020
- Java vs. Python for test automation? Why Ruby is the better choice - TechBeacon - April 2nd, 2020
- Aido Technologies Launches Free Use of AI-Powered Automated CPT and Diagnosis Coding During the US Response to COVID-19 - Associated Press - April 2nd, 2020
- Automating with a solid foundation - ITProPortal - March 31st, 2020
- Five Steps To Get Started With Robotic Automation - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- Bosses speed up automation as virus keeps workers home - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- How automation is speeding delivery of COVID-19 results to hospitals - TechRepublic - March 31st, 2020
- Reevaluating the Conversation on Automation and the Future of Work - Georgetown Public Policy Review - Georgetown Public Policy Review - March 31st, 2020
- Using RPA to automate internal audits where to start - TechHQ - March 31st, 2020
- What will drive the future of automation? - Essential Install - March 31st, 2020
- Home Working Causes Bosses to Increase Automation - DIGIT.FYI - March 31st, 2020
- Load.ng commits to leveraging Tech for Bitcoin to Naira Exchange Automation. - Techpoint Africa - March 31st, 2020
- news digest: Automation Anywhere's Bot Security, Linux 5.6, and the IntelliSense Code Linter for C++ - SD Times - SDTimes.com - March 31st, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Pushes Logistic Automation up the Agenda - Sea News - March 31st, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): Is It Recession Proof? - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- How AI+Automation Can Transform Tedious Office-Tasks? - Analytics Insight - March 16th, 2020
- Software release cycles accelerate, but automation is not keeping up - ZDNet - March 16th, 2020
- Wannabe Wired: Don't fear the (automated) reaper - The Lawton Constitution - March 16th, 2020
- Study Shows 93% of Employees Believe Process Automation Will Make Jobs Easier - Supply and Demand Chain Executive - March 16th, 2020
- Centralizing Your Systems - Automation World - March 16th, 2020
- Automated trucking, a technical milestone that could disrupt hundreds of thousands of jobs, hits the road - 60 Minutes - CBS News - March 16th, 2020
- Smart bathrooms have been around since the 1980s. But do they help against coronavirus? - NorthJersey.com - March 16th, 2020
- How do financial advisors stay relevant in the age of automation? - Moneyweb.co.za - March 16th, 2020
- How SEOs can benefit from using AI and automation - Econsultancy - March 16th, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation Market World Informing, Growth Analysis And Opportunities Outlook 2020 To 2026 - News Times - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Transformation: UAE Banking Executive Explains How Fintech, AI, Robotic Process Automation is Transforming Finance Sector - Crowdfund Insider - March 16th, 2020
- Why robotic process automation (RPA) is the perfect technology for logistics - FreightWaves - March 16th, 2020
- Research Predicts Automated Deliveries Will Generate up to $48.4B in Revenue by 2030 - Supply and Demand Chain Executive - March 16th, 2020
- SOARIZON by Thales and Iris Automation announce partnership - sUAS News - March 16th, 2020
- This husband-wife duos startup helps companies automate their workflows - YourStory - March 16th, 2020
- Why Police Love the Idea of Automated Content Moderation - Slate - March 16th, 2020
- Smart Elevator Automation System Market 2019 Trends, Size, Segments, Emerging Technologies and Industry Growth by Forecast to 2023 - Packaging News 24 - March 16th, 2020
- Connectivity is the key to early wins in connected and automated mobility - FleetNews - March 16th, 2020
- 2.7m Aussie jobs at risk of automation - ACS - March 16th, 2020
- Bots bring automation to the war on data entry - C4ISRNet - March 16th, 2020
- Will The Tesla Model Y Allow Fully Automated Production To Happen? - InsideEVs - March 16th, 2020
- Bolt-on Software and Automation Technologies Showcased at MODEX - Benzinga - March 11th, 2020
- Helping workers survive automation - Bangkok Post - March 11th, 2020
- AI and Automation in the Workplace - Electropages - March 11th, 2020
- Packsize and 6 River Systems Collaborate on Next-generation Warehouse Automation Technology at MODEX - DC Velocity - March 11th, 2020
- Automation startup Zinier raises $90 million to expand in Brazil - Capacity Media - March 11th, 2020
- Don't miss the big Brexit automation opportunity to improve digital skills - Information Age - March 11th, 2020
- Why enterprises are turning to partnership automation - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - March 11th, 2020
- Kryon Solidifies Leadership in Singapore's Robotic Process Automation Marketplace With Government Accreditation From IMDA - PRNewswire - March 11th, 2020
- Leveraging artificial intelligence to automate data extraction from geotagged images - Geospatial World - March 11th, 2020
- Royal Society of Arts calls for training amid automation rise - The National - March 11th, 2020
- Automated Material Handling Market Expected to Grow with a CAGR of 11.30% During the Forecast Period, 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business... - March 11th, 2020
- New and notable: Automation and AI - Greenhouse Canada - March 11th, 2020
- Call Center Automation Depends on Collaborative AI - Customer Think - March 11th, 2020
- Process Automation Software Market (2020 To 2027) is booming worldwide with Adobe, AppSheet, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism - News Times - March 11th, 2020
- Munich Re Automation Solutions on the rise of the insurtech sector - Insurance Business - March 11th, 2020
- APAC Automation & Control Systems Market in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry, Forecast to 2023 - Positive Market Sentiments Point to Slow... - March 6th, 2020
- Microsoft Goes All-In On RPA (Robotic Process Automation) - Forbes - March 6th, 2020
- Aging and automation shaping workforce, labor secretary tells Worcester business group - Worcester Telegram - March 6th, 2020
- How automation is taking some of the burden for healthcare workers - Tech Wire Asia - March 6th, 2020