Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming work and life as we know it, already boosting workplace efficiency and leading to noticeable improvements to the quality of for instance healthcare, lowering costs while giving clinicians time to work with their patients more closely, and with more insight. This was made clear in arecent MIT Technology Review Insights surveyproduced in partnership with GE Healthcare, where more than 82 percent of healthcare business leaders said their AI deployments were showing positive results across operational and administrative activities,.
When analysing the impact AI would have on the global education sector, founders of theInstitute for Ethical AI in Education (IEAIED) said there wasno need to fear the technology. Rather than replace the human element in education, AI would augment teaching and learning, they said.
There are highly beneficial applications of machine learning inside the area of education. Artificial Intelligence may enable personalised learning, especially important for students with specialized needs and challenges. Awell-designed AI can be used to identify learners particular needs so that everyone especially the most vulnerable can receive targeted support.
With global education and healthcare being just two of many sectors that AI has advanced so far, and withhundreds more AI technology developmentson the horizon, such as autonomous vehicles, manufacturing and financial services to add to the list, the need for expertise in the field appears limitless!
Firmly supporting this need and accepting this challenge is theFaculty of Science and TechnologyatUme University, Sweden.
Currently open forautumn 2020 intake, their newMasters in Artificial Intelligenceis a postgraduate programme that enables you to develop broad and core competence in AI and equips you with the digital tools necessary for future career success.
Youll also experience a combination of lectures, seminars, group work, and tutorials in conjunction with different types of assignments and laboratory work to advance your AI education in a multidisciplinary manner.
It is of critical importance to study in a more multidisciplinary manner, where humanities and social sciences are combined with science and technology. AI can no longer be seen as a purely technical or computer science discipline. It is per definition interdisciplinary, says Ume Department of Computing Science Professor, Virginia Dignum.
One of the first professors recruited to Sweden as part of the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) initiative and actively involved in several international initiatives on policy and strategy guidelines for AI research and applications, such as theEuropean Commission High Level Expert Group on Artificial Intelligence (AI HLEG), Dignum is one of the AI experts at Ume who are driving research and graduate success forward.
My position at Ume University makes it possible for me to look at societal, ethical and cultural consequences of AI. I will for instance be studying methods and tools to ensure that AI systems are formed not to violate human values and ethical principles, says Dignum, who also leads the research group Social and Ethical Artificial Intelligence at the Faculty.
Another integral member at the Faculty is Senior Lecturer Helena Lindgren.
Understanding the urgency of AI integration, Lindgren believes that the university needs to be driven to produce research that develops, educates and enhances the capabilities of AI in society, both in terms of system development and implementation.
One of the objectives at Ume is to raise societys AI competence, such as through continuing education and professional development of currently employed persons. Its very important for Sweden as a nation, as well as its companies and organisations, to be able to take the next step in digital development, says Lindgren.
Lindgren and Dignum reflect the high caliber of the 30-strong researchers at Ume University that are engaged in the development of AI in different areas.
To study here is to be under their expert guidance as you undertake courses that relate to human-AI interaction and complete student projects conducted in collaboration with an organisation addressing societal challenges.
In these projects, students are expected to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams and with representatives from industry and public organisations, adding a practical twist to the 2020 course.
In this English-taught Masters, you are also expected to take full responsibility for organising your tasks so that deadlines are met and collaborative work within student projects are manageable within office hours.
Despite being a new course, AI is not a new focus for Ume.
In the 1970s, Ume Professor Lars-Erik Janlert focused on Knowledge Representation, and in the early 1980s he formed the Swedish AI Society together with other Swedish researchers.
Since then, Ume has expanded its outreach into a variety of research and education activities across different departments and faculties and is now one of seven universities that are part of the governmental initiative AI Competence for Sweden.
Continuously building its research efforts through its strong interdisciplinary traditions and close collaborations with society, AI@UmU initiatives have also established an expanding network of researchers, teachers, students and professionals who want to learn, discuss and collaborate around AI-related issues via seminars, panel discussions and courses.
Always welcome to discuss the latest tech revelations and AI advancements with their professors and visiting professionals, Ume students are motivated to unearth AI research angles of their own.
From day one of the new Masters programme, theyll deepen their insight into this exciting field and take their knowledge of AIs theoretical foundations, intelligent robotics, machine learning and data science further.
So, if youre ready to master all areas of AI and want to start your postgraduate study venture in Sweden, click here to find out about the application and eligibility process.
Follow Ume University on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Ume University: Preparing students for life after graduation
Ume University: Advancing Science through 5 strong research environments
Go here to see the original:
- artificial intelligence | Definition, Examples, and ... - March 28th, 2020
- What is Artificial Intelligence? How Does AI Work? | Built In - March 28th, 2020
- Benefits & Risks of Artificial Intelligence - Future of ... - March 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence What it is and why it matters | SAS - March 28th, 2020
- Return On Artificial Intelligence: The Challenge And The Opportunity - Forbes - March 28th, 2020
- Google and the Oxford Internet Institute explain artificial intelligence basics with the A-Z of AI - VentureBeat - March 28th, 2020
- VA Looking to Expand Usage of Artificial Intelligence Data - GovernmentCIO Media - March 28th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Market - Premium Insight, Competitive News Feed Analysis, Company Usability Profiles, Market Sizing &... - March 28th, 2020
- The Global Artificial Intelligence in Aviation Market is expected to grow from USD 214.36 Million in 2018 to USD 1,824.46 Million by the end of 2025... - March 28th, 2020
- Is artificial intelligence the answer to disease prevention? - The Burn-In - March 28th, 2020
- Why transparency is key to promoting trust in artificial intelligence - IT PRO - March 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Spain to use artificial intelligence to automate testing - ComputerWeekly.com - March 28th, 2020
- Bridging the gaps: joining human and artificial intelligence | Technology - Business Chief Canada - March 28th, 2020
- To fight the coronavirus spread, give artificial intelligence a chance - Livemint - March 28th, 2020
- DIAGNOS Will Utilize its Artificial Intelligence Medical Platform FLAIRE in Response to the US White House - Call to Action to Analyse and Transform... - March 26th, 2020
- LiveMD Global Telehealth Platform launches artificial intelligence tracking and triaging tools to help combat COVID-19 (CoronaVirus) Pandemic -... - March 26th, 2020
- New Research from Newark Reveals Strong Adoption of Artificial Intelligence within the Internet of Things Ecosystem - Embedded Computing Design - March 26th, 2020
- AI vs COVID-19: Here are the AI tools and services fighting coronavirus - AI News - March 26th, 2020
- Stanford virtual conference to focus on COVID19 and artificial intelligence | Stanford News - Stanford University News - March 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in the energy sector: opportunities and challenges - WhaTech - March 26th, 2020
- 31 Companies, Products and People making Artificial Intelligence a Reality in 2020 - PR Web - March 26th, 2020
- KT zu Guttenberg, Artificial Intelligence and You - theTrumpet.com - March 26th, 2020
- The global AI agenda: Promise, reality, and a future of data sharing - MIT Technology Review - March 26th, 2020
- BrainChip and Socionext Provide a New Low-Power Artificial Intelligence Platform for AI Edge Applications - Design and Reuse - March 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Chipsets Market report reviews overview with demographic data and industry growth trends by 2025 - WhaTech Technology and... - March 26th, 2020
- Richmond-based Blue Heron Capital invests in company that uses artificial intelligence to improve lung disease monitoring - Richmond.com - March 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence is Becoming the Future of Investment Platforms - EnterpriseTalk - March 19th, 2020
- Is Your Company Using Artificial Intelligence To Transform An Industry? Nominations For The Forbes 2020 AI 50 List Are Now Open - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- On the Role of Artificial Intelligence in Genomics to Enhance Precisio | PGPM - Dove Medical Press - March 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence myths: Reality check - Livemint - March 19th, 2020
- Battery Researchers Look to Artificial Intelligence to Slash Recharging Times - Greentech Media News - March 19th, 2020
- The Army Will Soon Be Able to Command Robot Tanks With Artificial Intelligence - The National Interest - March 19th, 2020
- Canon Medical's 3T MR System Receives FDA Clearance for Artificial Intelligence-Based Image Reconstruction Technology - BioSpace - March 19th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How Artificial Intelligence, Data Science And Technology Is Used To Fight The Pandemic - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence: The new power dynamic of today - Daily Sabah - March 19th, 2020
- Rethinking Financial Services with Artificial Intelligence Tools - The Financial Brand - March 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence recruited to find clues about Covid-19 - The Star Online - March 19th, 2020
- IIT-M to reskill women in artificial intelligence - Campus Varta - March 19th, 2020
- San Diego-Based Company takes Digital Marketing to the next Level by Launching the First Artificial Intelligence Marketing Agency in the United States... - March 19th, 2020
- An Unexpected Ally in the War With Bacteria - The Atlantic - March 19th, 2020
- Compliance For A Digital World: BSA/AML The New ABC's: Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain And How Each Complements The Other - JD Supra - March 19th, 2020
- The next step in digital transformation: is Artificial Intelligence production-ready for green sand foundries? - Foundry-Planet.com - March 19th, 2020
- Insights into the North America Artificial Intelligence in Fashion Market to 2027 - Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Trends -... - March 19th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence by CWI and Amsterdam UMC proposes the best radiation treatment plans in clinical practice for the first time - Centrum... - March 19th, 2020
- H2O.ai Named to the 2020 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startups - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- 'There's No Story That Stays Stable for Too Long.' How Artists Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Confront Modern Anxieties - TIME - March 4th, 2020
- Minister declares creation of artificial intelligence centres in Poland - The First News - March 4th, 2020
- Dont forget to consider GDPR when using artificial intelligence in the workplace - ComputerWeekly.com - March 4th, 2020
- Iktos and SRI International Announce Collaboration to Combine Artificial Intelligence and Novel Automated Discovery Platform for Accelerated... - March 4th, 2020
- Why we need to adapt existing EU laws to Artificial Intelligence - European Public Health Alliance - March 4th, 2020
- How a Portland nonprofit is using artificial intelligence to help save whales, giraffes, zebras - Seattle Times - March 4th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Infused with Big Data Creating a Tech-driven World - EnterpriseTalk - March 4th, 2020
- Gaming with Artificial Intelligence Technology in 2020 - ReadWrite - March 4th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market 2020-2024 | Growing Adoption of Cloud Based Solutions to Boost Market Growth | Technavio -... - March 4th, 2020
- WorldMarkets Continues With the Success of Its Trading Artificial Intelligence - Live Bitcoin News - March 4th, 2020
- Why Artificial Intelligence Will Never Beat the Stock Market - Traders Magazine - March 4th, 2020
- Why Neuro-Symbolic Artificial Intelligence Is The AI Of The Future - Digital Trends - January 5th, 2020
- Welcome to the roaring 2020s, the artificial intelligence decade - GreenBiz - January 5th, 2020
- Top five projections in Artificial Intelligence for 2020 - Economic Times - January 5th, 2020
- A reality check on artificial intelligence: Can it match the hype? - PhillyVoice.com - January 5th, 2020
- Can medical artificial intelligence live up to the hype? - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- Illinois regulates artificial intelligence like HireVues used to analyze online job Interviews - Vox.com - January 5th, 2020
- How This Cofounder Created An Artificial Intelligence Styling Company To Help Consumers Shop - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Takes on Artificial Intelligence - JD Supra - January 5th, 2020
- Baidu looks to work with Indian institutions on AI - BusinessLine - January 5th, 2020
- Top Movies Of 2019 That Depicted Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Analytics India Magazine - January 5th, 2020
- Shocking ways AI technology will revolutionise every day industries in YOUR lifetime - Express.co.uk - January 5th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence takes scam to a whole new level - The Jackson Sun - January 5th, 2020
- Global Industrial Artificial Intelligence Market 2019 Research by Business Analysis, Growth Strategy and Industry Development to 2024 - Food &... - January 5th, 2020
- IIT Hyderabad to collaborate with Telangana government on artificial intelligence - India Today - January 5th, 2020
- THE AI IN TRANSPORTATION REPORT: How automakers can use artificial intelligence to cut costs, open new revenue - Business Insider India - January 5th, 2020
- Revisiting the rise of A.I.: How far has artificial intelligence come since 2010? - Digital Trends - December 30th, 2019
- Artificial intelligence is helping us talk to animals (yes, really) - Wired.co.uk - December 30th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies Previously Unknown Features Associated with Cancer Recurrence - Imaging Technology News - December 30th, 2019
- AI IN BANKING: Artificial intelligence could be a near $450 billion opportunity for banks - here are the strat - Business Insider India - December 30th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence Is Rushing Into Patient Care - And Could Raise Risks - Scientific American - December 30th, 2019
- Quantum leap: Why we first need to focus on the ethical challenges of artificial intelligence - Economic Times - December 30th, 2019
- In 2020, lets stop AI ethics-washing and actually do something - MIT Technology Review - December 30th, 2019
- The Power Of Purpose: How We Counter Hate Used Artificial Intelligence To Battle Hate Speech Online - Forbes - December 30th, 2019
- The skills needed to land the hottest tech job of 2020 - Business Insider Nordic - December 30th, 2019