Artificial Intelligence is growing at a faster pace. Despite the unprecedented situation of coronavirus, 2020 till date has witnessed sustained momentum. Funding has increased by 51% to $8.4B from the previous quarter. With this faster pace, it is also attracting a series of funding and financial investments. Lets go through some of the important investments in artificial intelligence and robotics companies in July 2020.
Amount Funded: $6 million
Transaction Name: Seed Round
Lead Investors: Kindred Capital and Capnamic Ventures
BotsAnduS creates robots that work with people in shopping centers, retail stores, office buildings, airports etc. They aim at digitising the full customer journey by automating the collection of onsite data and providing 24/7 customer service.
BotsAnduS has reported that it has raised a $6m seed funding, which was co-driven by Kindred Capital and Capnamic Ventures, along with angel investors participating in the round.
Amount Funded: $225 million
Transaction Name: Seed E Funding
Lead Investors: Alkeon Capital Management
UiPath, a leading RPA company has brought $225 million up in Seed E funding. The round was driven by Alkeon Capital Management. Other investors participating in the round are Accel, Coatue, Dragoneer, IVP, Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Tiger Global, Wellington. The funding will be utilized for developing automation solutions in order to mitigate the risks posed on productivity and supply of human workers.
Amount Funded: $100 million
Transaction Name: Series C Funding
Lead Investors: Next47
Skydio is a leader in autonomous flight technology and a U.S. drone manufacturer. Skydio raised $100 million in Series C funding. The round was driven by Next47 along with Levitate Capital, NTT DOCOMO Ventures, and existing investors including Andreessen Horowitz, IVP, and Playground participating in the round. The organization will utilize the funding to grow its operations in public sector markets and accelerate product development.
Amount Funded: $56.2 million
Transaction Name: Series A Funding
Lead Investors: Lightspeed Venture Partners
The Bay Area-based robotics startup , has raised $56.2 million up in Series A funding led by Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Obvious Ventures, Pacific West Bank, B37 Ventures, Presidio (Sumitomo) Ventures, Blackhorn Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Stanford StartX.
Dexterity offers robots for warehousing, logistics and supply chain operations. It has already seen a boost from the push for essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Amount Funded: $13m
Transaction Name: Series A Funding
Lead Investors: Index Ventures
Abacus.AI, a San Francisco, CA-based AI research and AI cloud services company, has as of late brought $13m up in Series A funding driven by Index Ventures, with participation from Eric Schmidt, Ram Shriram, Decibel Ventures, Jerry Yang, Mariam Naficy, Erica Shultz, Neha Narkhede, Xuezhao Lan, and Jeannette Furstenberg.
The company will use the funding to grow its research team and scale its operations.
Transaction Name: Series A
Lead Investors: ETP Ventures
Deep Longevity, a biotechnology company transforming longevity R&D through AI-discovered biomarkers of aging, has raised Series A funding of an undisclosed amount. The round was led by ETP Ventures and different prominent investors like BOLD Capital Partners, Longevity Vision Fund, Oculus, Formic Ventures, and LongeVCalso participated.
Transaction Name: Seed funding
Lead Investors: Y Combinator
The company raised an undisclosed amount of Seed funding. Nana is building the Guild for the eventual future of work. A distributed workforce of tradespeople, starting with the $4B Appliance Repair industry. Nana is an on-demand home maintenance marketplace. A marketplace meets modern trade school, showing new aptitudes and associating the 10M+ Americans who will be affected via automation to more compelling jobs in the home services space.
Nana is a place for consumers to complete things, and AI and a learning management system for skilled professionals.
Amount Funded: $53m
Transaction Name: Series B
Lead Investors: DCVC
Caption Health, the Calif.-based medical artificial intelligence (AI) company, has raised a $53m Series B funding driven by existing investor DCVC. Other investors which participated in the round are Atlantic Bridge, Edwards Lifesciences, along with existing investor Khosla Ventures. . The company plans to scale up its operations and develop its AI technology platform.
Amount Funded: $6.5m
Transaction Name: Series A
Lead Investors: Debiopharm
Computational biology startup Nucleai raised $6.5m Series A funding led by Debiopharm a Swiss biopharmaceutical company. Previous investors Vertex Ventures and Grove Ventures also participated in the round.
Nucleai offers an AI-powered precision oncology platform that offers biomarker discovery and treatment decisions for cancer treatments. It combines machine learning and computer vision to model the characteristics of both the tumour and the patients immune system.
Amount Funded: 2.5m
Transaction Name: Seed Funding
Lead Investors: NPIF and XTX Ventures
Logicaly, a UK-based dtech startup declared that it has raised 2.5m seed funding from NPIF and XTX Ventures. The company aims to use the funding to continue developing its product in time for the US election.
The startup deploys AI to detect fake and news and misinformation as well as provide fact-checking service to combat fake news.
Read the original here:
- Artificial Intelligence in Government: Global Markets 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Import Screening Pilot Unleashes the Power of Data - FDA.gov - August 31st, 2020
- Supercharge vegetation management and outage prediction with artificial intelligence - Utility Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Automation, artificial intelligence to be central in the post-Covid world - Economic Times - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Top Gun - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Defense Innovation Unit Teaching Artificial Intelligence to Detect Cancer - Department of Defense - August 31st, 2020
- Toward a machine learning model that can reason about everyday actions - MIT News - August 31st, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we search and find online - ITProPortal - August 31st, 2020
- TikTok Assets Cant Be Sold Without Chinas Approval - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Oil and Gas Market Global Size, Growth and Demand 2020 to 2030 - The News Brok - August 31st, 2020
- Rage Against the Algorithm: the Risks of Overestimating Military Artificial Intelligence - Chatham House - August 31st, 2020
- U of I to lead two of seven new national artificial intelligence institutes - University of Illinois News - August 31st, 2020
- Holocaust survivors will be able to share their stories after death thanks to a new project - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 31st, 2020
- Funding boost for artificial intelligence in NHS to speed up diagnosis of deadly diseases - GOV.UK - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies 80,000 Spiral Galaxies Promises More Astronomical Discoveries in the Future - SciTechDaily - August 31st, 2020
- Is Artificial intelligence the Future of IT Help Desk? - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Experts Are Divided Over Future Of Artificial Intelligence But Agree On Its Growing Impact - Outlook India - August 10th, 2020
- "Artificial Intelligence Will Make Medicine Better in the Long Run" - Biophotonics.World - August 10th, 2020
- How machine learning and artificial intelligence can drive clinical innovation - PharmaLive - August 10th, 2020
- Job interviews: Recruiters are using artificial intelligence to analyse what you say to find the right hire - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- The next frontier of human-robot relationships is building trust - Scroll.in - August 8th, 2020
- Game-Changing Artificial Intelligence Solution by PhotoShelter to Revolutionize Social Media Workflow as Premier Lacrosse League Returns to the Field... - August 8th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is Helping to Fight against Coronavirus in India? - Analytics Insight - August 8th, 2020
- BLOG: How to capitalise on the Artificial Intelligence theme - Your Money - Your Money - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Partners - Modern Diplomacy - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence isnt destroying jobs, its making them more inclusive - The Globe and Mail - August 8th, 2020
- RadNet and Hologic Announce Collaboration to Advance the Development of Artificial Intelligence Tools in Breast Health - GlobeNewswire - August 7th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Over 48% Through 2020-2024|Growing Adoption of... - August 7th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: The New Normal in Testing Times - Analytics Insight - August 7th, 2020
- VIEW: Digitisation in pathology and the promise of artificial intelligence - CNBCTV18 - August 7th, 2020
- What It Means to Be Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence - Medium - August 7th, 2020
- Not so Artificial Intelligence When is AI really AI? - EFTM - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD to explore artificial intelligence to improve forecasting, predict extreme weather events - Firstpost - August 3rd, 2020
- Examples of Failure in Artificial Intelligence - ReadWrite - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD plans to use artificial intelligence in weather forecasting - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- MLOps: What You Need To Know - Forbes - August 3rd, 2020
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Artificial Intelligence job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 215559 - Times Higher Education (THE) - August 3rd, 2020
- How do CEO's Succeed with Artificial Intelligence at their Workplace? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- The future of Artificial Intelligence and what it means to the Enterprise? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence helps lead decisions over Intelligent automation and - 401kTV - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and civil liability. Who pays the damages? - Lexology - August 3rd, 2020
- The AI-boost: Using more artificial intelligence will boost GDP growth - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- $19.9B Artificial Intelligence in Retail Industry, 2027 - Rising Focus on Blockchain and Adoption of 5G Technology - Yahoo Finance - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Loses Some Of Its Edginess, But Is Poised To Take Off - Forbes - July 31st, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is transforming the world in the current pandemic situation? - Geospatial World - July 31st, 2020
- The NBA will use artificial intelligence and a tap-to-cheer app feature to help fans stuck at home get in the game - CNN - July 31st, 2020
- Different Scopes Of Artificial Intelligence To Dive In With! - Inventiva - July 31st, 2020
- Gatling Exploration to use artificial intelligence to identify possible gold targets at the Larder project in Ontario - Proactive Investors USA &... - July 31st, 2020
- Elon Musk Thinks that Artificial Intelligence Will Be 'Vastly Smarter' Than Humans in 5 Years - News18 - July 31st, 2020
- Church body recommends restrictions on Artificial Intelligence - The Tablet - July 31st, 2020
- How the Coronavirus Pandemic Is Breaking Artificial Intelligence and How to Fix It - Gizmodo - July 31st, 2020
- Using artificial intelligence to smell the roses - UC Riverside - July 30th, 2020
- Shield AI Recognized As One of the Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies - PR Web - July 30th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence needs an update on ethics to be able to help humanity in times of crisis - Economic Times - July 30th, 2020
- Reshaping Artificial Intelligence with the Help of Affordances - Analytics Insight - July 29th, 2020
- WISeKey to Showcase its Cybersecurity Solutions for Artificial Intelligence Used in Drones and Robots at SIDO 2020 - GlobeNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- GPT-3: The Next Revolution in Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - July 28th, 2020
- FLY AI: the role of artificial intelligence in aviation - Airport Technology - July 28th, 2020
- Four university experts use Artificial Intelligence to discover that children don't like going to school on Mondays in Milton Keynes - Milton Keynes... - July 28th, 2020
- UF Announces $70 Million Artificial Intelligence Partnership with NVIDIA - University of Florida - July 28th, 2020
- People are using artificial intelligence to help sort out their divorce. Would you? - The Conversation AU - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Hope 2020 Needs - Bloomberg - July 28th, 2020
- Top Five Data Privacy Issues that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Startups Need to Know - insideBIGDATA - July 28th, 2020
- I Am a Model and I Know That Artificial Intelligence Will Eventually Take My Job - Vogue.com - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing Market Worth $16.7 Billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- The Global Artificial Intelligence in Accounting Market is expected to grow from USD 884.99 Million in 2019 to USD 4,779.11 Million by the end of 2025... - July 28th, 2020
- Imint is the Swedish firm that gives Chinese smartphones an edge in video production - TechCrunch - July 26th, 2020
- UF students, get used to this topic: artificial intelligence - Tampa Bay Times - July 26th, 2020
- Odisha to use artificial intelligence in organisation audit in big way - The New Indian Express - July 26th, 2020
- Covid could have been AIs moment in sun. But it isnt as flexible as humans yet - ThePrint - July 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is the hope 2020 needs | Commentary | Seattle Times - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin - July 26th, 2020
- Could this software help users trust machine learning decisions? - C4ISRNet - July 26th, 2020
- Exploring the edge cases of artificial intelligence in 2020 - TechHQ - July 26th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is being used for divorce and separations with apps like Amica, Adieu and Penda - Newcastle Herald - July 26th, 2020
- Tech Q&A: Artificial Intelligence Has Promise of Streamlining Hospital Processes, Diagnostic Tools - MedTech Intelligence - July 26th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence for Automotive Market 2020 Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Outlook with Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Express... - July 26th, 2020
- Global Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market Analysis by Emerging Trends, Size, Share, Future Growth, Current Statistics, Brand Endorsements and... - July 26th, 2020
- Opinion: Artificial intelligence is the hope 2020 needs - Crain's Cleveland Business - July 26th, 2020
- AI in the Field of Transportation - a Review - AI Daily - July 26th, 2020
- Loop Insights and ImagineAR Sign MOU To Integrate Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality, Creating Real-Time Actionable Data For Brands To... - July 26th, 2020