Artificial Intelligence is growing at a faster pace. Despite the unprecedented situation of coronavirus, 2020 till date has witnessed sustained momentum. Funding has increased by 51% to $8.4B from the previous quarter. With this faster pace, it is also attracting a series of funding and financial investments. Lets go through some of the important investments in artificial intelligence and robotics companies in July 2020.
Amount Funded: $6 million
Transaction Name: Seed Round
Lead Investors: Kindred Capital and Capnamic Ventures
BotsAnduS creates robots that work with people in shopping centers, retail stores, office buildings, airports etc. They aim at digitising the full customer journey by automating the collection of onsite data and providing 24/7 customer service.
BotsAnduS has reported that it has raised a $6m seed funding, which was co-driven by Kindred Capital and Capnamic Ventures, along with angel investors participating in the round.
Amount Funded: $225 million
Transaction Name: Seed E Funding
Lead Investors: Alkeon Capital Management
UiPath, a leading RPA company has brought $225 million up in Seed E funding. The round was driven by Alkeon Capital Management. Other investors participating in the round are Accel, Coatue, Dragoneer, IVP, Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Tiger Global, Wellington. The funding will be utilized for developing automation solutions in order to mitigate the risks posed on productivity and supply of human workers.
Amount Funded: $100 million
Transaction Name: Series C Funding
Lead Investors: Next47
Skydio is a leader in autonomous flight technology and a U.S. drone manufacturer. Skydio raised $100 million in Series C funding. The round was driven by Next47 along with Levitate Capital, NTT DOCOMO Ventures, and existing investors including Andreessen Horowitz, IVP, and Playground participating in the round. The organization will utilize the funding to grow its operations in public sector markets and accelerate product development.
Amount Funded: $56.2 million
Transaction Name: Series A Funding
Lead Investors: Lightspeed Venture Partners
The Bay Area-based robotics startup , has raised $56.2 million up in Series A funding led by Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Obvious Ventures, Pacific West Bank, B37 Ventures, Presidio (Sumitomo) Ventures, Blackhorn Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Stanford StartX.
Dexterity offers robots for warehousing, logistics and supply chain operations. It has already seen a boost from the push for essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Amount Funded: $13m
Transaction Name: Series A Funding
Lead Investors: Index Ventures
Abacus.AI, a San Francisco, CA-based AI research and AI cloud services company, has as of late brought $13m up in Series A funding driven by Index Ventures, with participation from Eric Schmidt, Ram Shriram, Decibel Ventures, Jerry Yang, Mariam Naficy, Erica Shultz, Neha Narkhede, Xuezhao Lan, and Jeannette Furstenberg.
The company will use the funding to grow its research team and scale its operations.
Transaction Name: Series A
Lead Investors: ETP Ventures
Deep Longevity, a biotechnology company transforming longevity R&D through AI-discovered biomarkers of aging, has raised Series A funding of an undisclosed amount. The round was led by ETP Ventures and different prominent investors like BOLD Capital Partners, Longevity Vision Fund, Oculus, Formic Ventures, and LongeVCalso participated.
Transaction Name: Seed funding
Lead Investors: Y Combinator
The company raised an undisclosed amount of Seed funding. Nana is building the Guild for the eventual future of work. A distributed workforce of tradespeople, starting with the $4B Appliance Repair industry. Nana is an on-demand home maintenance marketplace. A marketplace meets modern trade school, showing new aptitudes and associating the 10M+ Americans who will be affected via automation to more compelling jobs in the home services space.
Nana is a place for consumers to complete things, and AI and a learning management system for skilled professionals.
Amount Funded: $53m
Transaction Name: Series B
Lead Investors: DCVC
Caption Health, the Calif.-based medical artificial intelligence (AI) company, has raised a $53m Series B funding driven by existing investor DCVC. Other investors which participated in the round are Atlantic Bridge, Edwards Lifesciences, along with existing investor Khosla Ventures. . The company plans to scale up its operations and develop its AI technology platform.
Amount Funded: $6.5m
Transaction Name: Series A
Lead Investors: Debiopharm
Computational biology startup Nucleai raised $6.5m Series A funding led by Debiopharm a Swiss biopharmaceutical company. Previous investors Vertex Ventures and Grove Ventures also participated in the round.
Nucleai offers an AI-powered precision oncology platform that offers biomarker discovery and treatment decisions for cancer treatments. It combines machine learning and computer vision to model the characteristics of both the tumour and the patients immune system.
Amount Funded: 2.5m
Transaction Name: Seed Funding
Lead Investors: NPIF and XTX Ventures
Logicaly, a UK-based dtech startup declared that it has raised 2.5m seed funding from NPIF and XTX Ventures. The company aims to use the funding to continue developing its product in time for the US election.
The startup deploys AI to detect fake and news and misinformation as well as provide fact-checking service to combat fake news.
Read the original here:
- A crewless boat is recreating the Mayflower's 400-year-old journey, with the help of artificial intelligence - CBS News - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Is It All Just Costly Hype? - Dice Insights - December 26th, 2020
- 7 Types of Artificial Intelligence: Propelling the Technology Development - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence will go mainstream in 2021 The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 26th, 2020
- Top 7 Amazing Artificial Intelligence Applications that Are Unfamiliar - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- NASCAR Team up with the World Poker Tour while Artificial Intelligence Breaks New Barriers - HighstakesDB - December 26th, 2020
- Youve heard of Elf on the Shelf; in New Haven theres elf with artificial intelligence - New Haven Register - December 26th, 2020
- How is Artificial Intelligence Transforming the lives of People with Disabilities? - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- How Bad Is Your Spotify? There's Artificial Intelligence to Judge Your Taste - Distractify - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence measure included in must-pass government funding deal - Homeland Preparedness News - December 26th, 2020
- PetrSU joined the fight for leadership in the field of artificial intelligence applications in Russia and in the world - India Education Diary - December 26th, 2020
- Why not enlist the help of artificial intelligence to nudge people to mask up? - Houston Chronicle - December 22nd, 2020
- Congress wants an inventory of all AI projects at the Pentagon - C4ISRNet - December 22nd, 2020
- The influence of artificial intelligence on the banking industry - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - December 22nd, 2020
- Application of artificial intelligence in the field of treatment and medicine - Tehran Times - December 22nd, 2020
- Using Artificial Intelligence To Transform An Industry? Nominations For The 2021 AI 50 List Are Open - Forbes - December 22nd, 2020
- Delivering Proactive Mental Healthcare With Artificial Intelligence - HealthITAnalytics.com - December 22nd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is intertwined in precision agriculture - AGDAILY - December 22nd, 2020
- Spin Announces Cutting Edge On-Vehicle Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platform To Bring Sidewalk Riding and Parking Detection Technology to Cities... - December 22nd, 2020
- UC convenes Artificial Intelligence Working Group to harness innovative technology, establish guardrails for equitable and ethical use - University of... - December 22nd, 2020
- Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market Research Report by Technology, by Process, by Offerings, by Application - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence, Contactless Solutions Set to Provide Safety Protocols to Enable Reopening of Live Events in 2021 - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Employing artificial intelligence to spot infrastructure issues - Construction Dive - December 22nd, 2020
- CPPI and HSDF Release Report from Virtual Symposium: Artificial Intelligence: Transforming the Government Mission - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Top 10 AI and machine learning stories of 2020 - Healthcare IT News - December 17th, 2020
- The 8 Best Books About Artificial Intelligence to Read Now - WIRED - December 17th, 2020
- KODA AUTO wins Pioneer Award for its use of artificial intelligence and Sound Analyser app - Automotive World - December 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligences Are Power Hungry, But Not How You Think - Nextgov - December 17th, 2020
- Now is the time to ensure artificial intelligence works for Europeans - EU News - December 17th, 2020
- Currux Vision LLC Announces Industry Leading Accuracy of Artificial Intelligence Smart City Traffic Platform Testing with the City of San Jos - PR Web - December 17th, 2020
- Leveraging artificial intelligence to reach fathers and support child nutrition in India during COVID-19 - World Bank Group - December 17th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence helped me overcome my dyslexia - The Guardian - December 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Advances Showcased at the Virtual 2020 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting Could Help to Integrate This Technology Into Everyday... - December 17th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Supply Chain Management Market was Valued at US$ 1549.5 Mn in 2019 Growing at a CAGR of 25.12% over the Forecast... - December 17th, 2020
- Are AI and job automation good for society? Globally, views are mixed - Pew Research Center - December 17th, 2020
- Landmark artificial intelligence legislation advances toward becoming law Defense bill awaits possible presidential veto and Congressional override;... - December 17th, 2020
- The Next Generation Of Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - October 16th, 2020
- St. Louis Is Grappling With Artificial Intelligence's Promise And Potential Peril - St. Louis Public Radio - October 16th, 2020
- Looper column: Artificial intelligence, humanity and the future - SouthCoastToday.com - October 16th, 2020
- For artificial intelligence to flourish, governments need to think ahead about its responsible use - Firstpost - October 16th, 2020
- MediFind Selected as Finalist for Best in Artificial Intelligence in the Shorty Social Good Awards - The Wellsboro Gazette - October 16th, 2020
- The relentless threat of artificial intelligence taking our jobs away - Mint - October 16th, 2020
- Will artificial intelligence technology change the dairy industry - positivelyosceola.com - October 16th, 2020
- Penn Medicine researchers use artificial intelligence to identify early signs of Alzheimer's Disease - Express Computer - October 16th, 2020
- Futurism Reinforces Its Next-Gen Business Commerce Platform With Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Capabilities - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2020
- SparkCognition Advances the Science of Artificial Intelligence with 85 Patents - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2020
- Dont Be Afraid, BMW Promises To Keep Artificial Intelligence (AI) On A Tight Leash With These 7 Principles - CarScoops - October 16th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Government: Global Markets 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Import Screening Pilot Unleashes the Power of Data - FDA.gov - August 31st, 2020
- Supercharge vegetation management and outage prediction with artificial intelligence - Utility Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Automation, artificial intelligence to be central in the post-Covid world - Economic Times - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Top Gun - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Defense Innovation Unit Teaching Artificial Intelligence to Detect Cancer - Department of Defense - August 31st, 2020
- Toward a machine learning model that can reason about everyday actions - MIT News - August 31st, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we search and find online - ITProPortal - August 31st, 2020
- TikTok Assets Cant Be Sold Without Chinas Approval - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Oil and Gas Market Global Size, Growth and Demand 2020 to 2030 - The News Brok - August 31st, 2020
- Rage Against the Algorithm: the Risks of Overestimating Military Artificial Intelligence - Chatham House - August 31st, 2020
- U of I to lead two of seven new national artificial intelligence institutes - University of Illinois News - August 31st, 2020
- Holocaust survivors will be able to share their stories after death thanks to a new project - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 31st, 2020
- Funding boost for artificial intelligence in NHS to speed up diagnosis of deadly diseases - GOV.UK - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies 80,000 Spiral Galaxies Promises More Astronomical Discoveries in the Future - SciTechDaily - August 31st, 2020
- Is Artificial intelligence the Future of IT Help Desk? - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Experts Are Divided Over Future Of Artificial Intelligence But Agree On Its Growing Impact - Outlook India - August 10th, 2020
- "Artificial Intelligence Will Make Medicine Better in the Long Run" - Biophotonics.World - August 10th, 2020
- How machine learning and artificial intelligence can drive clinical innovation - PharmaLive - August 10th, 2020
- Job interviews: Recruiters are using artificial intelligence to analyse what you say to find the right hire - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- The next frontier of human-robot relationships is building trust - Scroll.in - August 8th, 2020
- Game-Changing Artificial Intelligence Solution by PhotoShelter to Revolutionize Social Media Workflow as Premier Lacrosse League Returns to the Field... - August 8th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is Helping to Fight against Coronavirus in India? - Analytics Insight - August 8th, 2020
- BLOG: How to capitalise on the Artificial Intelligence theme - Your Money - Your Money - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Partners - Modern Diplomacy - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence isnt destroying jobs, its making them more inclusive - The Globe and Mail - August 8th, 2020
- RadNet and Hologic Announce Collaboration to Advance the Development of Artificial Intelligence Tools in Breast Health - GlobeNewswire - August 7th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Over 48% Through 2020-2024|Growing Adoption of... - August 7th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: The New Normal in Testing Times - Analytics Insight - August 7th, 2020
- VIEW: Digitisation in pathology and the promise of artificial intelligence - CNBCTV18 - August 7th, 2020
- What It Means to Be Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence - Medium - August 7th, 2020
- Not so Artificial Intelligence When is AI really AI? - EFTM - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD to explore artificial intelligence to improve forecasting, predict extreme weather events - Firstpost - August 3rd, 2020