LOS ANGELES and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Aug. 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT), a national leader in providing high-quality, cost-effective, fixed-site outpatient diagnostic imaging services, and Hologic, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOLX), an innovative medical technology company primarily focused on improving womens health, have entered into a definitive collaboration to advance the use of artificial intelligence (A.I.) in breast health.
As the world leader in mammography, Hologic will contribute capabilities and insights behind its market-leading hardware and software, and will benefit from access to data produced by RadNets fleet of high-resolution mammography systems, the largest in the nation, to train and refine current and future products based on A.I. RadNet will share data from its extensive network of imaging centers, as well as provide in-depth knowledge of the patient pathway and workflow needs to help make a positive impact across the breast care continuum. The collaboration will enable new joint market opportunities and further efforts to build clinician confidence and develop and integrate new A.I. technologies.
We believe the future of breast health will rely heavily on the integration of A.I. tools, such as our 3DQuorum imaging technology, as well as next generation CAD software, that aid in the early detection of breast cancer, said PeteValenti, Hologics Division President, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. We are energized by the opportunities this transformative collaboration with RadNet creates for patients and clinicians alike. Access to data is critical in training and refining A.I. algorithms. With this collaboration, we now have the opportunity to leverage data from the largest fleet of high-resolution mammography systems to develop new tools across the continuum of care, provide workflow efficiencies, and improve patient satisfaction and outcomes.
As part of its collaboration with Hologic, RadNet intends to upgrade its entire fleet of Hologic mammography systems to feature Hologics 3DQuorum imaging technology, powered by Genius AI. This technology works in tandem with Clarity HD high resolution imaging technology to reduce tomosynthesis image volume for radiologists by 66 percent.i Additionally, all of RadNets Hologic systems are anticipated to feature the Genius 3D Mammography exam, the only mammogram clinically proven and FDA approved as superior for all women, including those with dense breasts, compared with 2D mammography alone. ii,iii,iv,v
The collaboration will be bolstered by RadNets recent acquisition of DeepHealth (Cambridge, MA), which uses machine learning to develop software tools to improve cancer detection and provide clinical decision support. Led by Dr. Gregory Sorensen, DeepHealths team of A.I. experts is focused on enabling industry-leading care by providing products that clinicians and patients can trust. In addition, the DeepHealth team will integrate its A.I. tools within the Hologic ecosystem. When seeking a partner and reviewing options amongst all mammography vendors, we selected to integrate our tools with Hologics market-leading technology, said Dr. Sorensen. Hologics systems produce the highest level of spatial resolution in the market. Hologic also has the largest domestic footprint and market share in 3D Mammography systems. This integration will allow the DeepHealth team to train its algorithms for use with the most advanced screening technology possible. As Hologic and RadNet share their respective capabilities and tools, greater efficiency and accuracy can be achieved by our radiologists.
Much like RadNet, Hologic is a highly innovative company and market leader in breast health, said Howard Berger, MD, RadNets Chairman and CEO. When Hologics leading screening technology is paired with RadNets approximately 1.2 million annual screening mammograms, the resulting dataset becomes a powerful tool to train algorithms. We see the future as being transformative for both of our organizations.
We have witnessed how the application of our Genius AI technology platform has improved cancer detection, operational efficiency and clinical decision support across the breast cancer care continuum, said Samir Parikh, Hologics Global Vice President for Research and Development, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. We look forward to building upon these advances in collaboration with Dr. Sorensen and the RadNet team to expand the use of machine learning, big data applications and automated algorithms impacting global breast care.
About RadNet, Inc.RadNet, Inc. is the leading national provider of freestanding, fixed-site diagnostic imaging services in the United States based on the number of locations and annual imaging revenue. RadNet has a network of 335 owned and/or operated outpatient imaging centers. RadNet's core markets include California, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and New York. In addition, RadNet provides radiology information technology solutions, teleradiology professional services and other related products and services to customers in the diagnostic imaging industry. Together with affiliated radiologists, and inclusive of full-time and per diem employees and technicians, RadNet has a total of approximately 8,600 employees. For more information, visit http://www.radnet.com.
About Hologic, Inc.Hologic, Inc. isan innovative medical technology company primarily focused on improving womens health and well-being through early detection and treatment.For more information on Hologic, visitwww.hologic.com.
The Genius 3D Mammography exam (also known as the Genius exam) is only available on a Hologic 3D Mammography system. It consists of a 2D and 3D image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired 2D image or a 2D image generated from the 3D image set. There are more than 6,000 Hologic 3D Mammography systems in use in the United States alone, so women have convenient access to the Genius exam. To learn more, visit http://www.Genius3DNearMe.com.
Hologic, 3D Mammography, 3DQuorum, 3Dimensions, Clarity HD, Genius and Genius AI are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hologic, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis news release may contain forward-looking information that involves risks and uncertainties, including statements about the use of Hologic products. There can be no assurance these products will achieve the benefits described herein or that such benefits will be replicated in any particular manner with respect to an individual patient, as the actual effect of the use of the products can only be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition, there can be no assurance that these products will be commercially successful or achieve any expected level of sales. Hologic and RadNet expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements presented herein to reflect any change in expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such data or statements are based.
This information is not intended as a product solicitation or promotion where such activities are prohibited. For specific information on what products are available for sale in a particular country, please contact a local Hologic sales representative or write to email@example.com.
Media and Investor Contact RadNet, Inc.:Mark StolperExecutive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer310-445-2800
Media Contact Hologic, Inc.:Jane Mazur508-263-8764 (direct)585-355-5978 (mobile)
Investor Contact Hologic, Inc.:Michael Watts858-410-8588
i Report: CSR-00116
ii Results from Friedewald, SM, et al. "Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography." JAMA 311.24 (2014): 2499-2507; a multi-site (13), non-randomized, historical control study of 454,000 screening mammograms investigating the initial impact the introduction of the Hologic Selenia Dimensions on screening outcomes. Individual results may vary. The study found an average 41% increase and that 1.2 (95% CI: 0.8-1.6) additional invasive breast cancers per 1000 screening exams were found in women receiving combined 2D FFDM and 3D mammograms acquired with the Hologic 3D Mammography System versus women receiving 2D FFDM mammograms only.
iii Freidewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, Durand MA, Plecha DM, Greenberg JS, Hayes MK, Copit DS, Carlson KL, Cink TM, Carke LD, Greer LN, Miller DP, Conant EF, Breast Cancer Screening Using Tomosynthesis in Combination with Digital Mammography,JAMAJune 25, 2014.
iv Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, etal. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study.Lancet Oncol.2016 Aug;17(8):1105-13.
v FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005
Here is the original post:
- Artificial Intelligence in Government: Global Markets 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Import Screening Pilot Unleashes the Power of Data - FDA.gov - August 31st, 2020
- Supercharge vegetation management and outage prediction with artificial intelligence - Utility Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Automation, artificial intelligence to be central in the post-Covid world - Economic Times - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Top Gun - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Defense Innovation Unit Teaching Artificial Intelligence to Detect Cancer - Department of Defense - August 31st, 2020
- Toward a machine learning model that can reason about everyday actions - MIT News - August 31st, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we search and find online - ITProPortal - August 31st, 2020
- TikTok Assets Cant Be Sold Without Chinas Approval - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Oil and Gas Market Global Size, Growth and Demand 2020 to 2030 - The News Brok - August 31st, 2020
- Rage Against the Algorithm: the Risks of Overestimating Military Artificial Intelligence - Chatham House - August 31st, 2020
- U of I to lead two of seven new national artificial intelligence institutes - University of Illinois News - August 31st, 2020
- Holocaust survivors will be able to share their stories after death thanks to a new project - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 31st, 2020
- Funding boost for artificial intelligence in NHS to speed up diagnosis of deadly diseases - GOV.UK - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies 80,000 Spiral Galaxies Promises More Astronomical Discoveries in the Future - SciTechDaily - August 31st, 2020
- Is Artificial intelligence the Future of IT Help Desk? - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Experts Are Divided Over Future Of Artificial Intelligence But Agree On Its Growing Impact - Outlook India - August 10th, 2020
- "Artificial Intelligence Will Make Medicine Better in the Long Run" - Biophotonics.World - August 10th, 2020
- How machine learning and artificial intelligence can drive clinical innovation - PharmaLive - August 10th, 2020
- Top Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Investments in July 2020 - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Job interviews: Recruiters are using artificial intelligence to analyse what you say to find the right hire - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- The next frontier of human-robot relationships is building trust - Scroll.in - August 8th, 2020
- Game-Changing Artificial Intelligence Solution by PhotoShelter to Revolutionize Social Media Workflow as Premier Lacrosse League Returns to the Field... - August 8th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is Helping to Fight against Coronavirus in India? - Analytics Insight - August 8th, 2020
- BLOG: How to capitalise on the Artificial Intelligence theme - Your Money - Your Money - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Partners - Modern Diplomacy - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence isnt destroying jobs, its making them more inclusive - The Globe and Mail - August 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Over 48% Through 2020-2024|Growing Adoption of... - August 7th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: The New Normal in Testing Times - Analytics Insight - August 7th, 2020
- VIEW: Digitisation in pathology and the promise of artificial intelligence - CNBCTV18 - August 7th, 2020
- What It Means to Be Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence - Medium - August 7th, 2020
- Not so Artificial Intelligence When is AI really AI? - EFTM - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD to explore artificial intelligence to improve forecasting, predict extreme weather events - Firstpost - August 3rd, 2020
- Examples of Failure in Artificial Intelligence - ReadWrite - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD plans to use artificial intelligence in weather forecasting - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- MLOps: What You Need To Know - Forbes - August 3rd, 2020
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Artificial Intelligence job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 215559 - Times Higher Education (THE) - August 3rd, 2020
- How do CEO's Succeed with Artificial Intelligence at their Workplace? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- The future of Artificial Intelligence and what it means to the Enterprise? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence helps lead decisions over Intelligent automation and - 401kTV - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and civil liability. Who pays the damages? - Lexology - August 3rd, 2020
- The AI-boost: Using more artificial intelligence will boost GDP growth - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- $19.9B Artificial Intelligence in Retail Industry, 2027 - Rising Focus on Blockchain and Adoption of 5G Technology - Yahoo Finance - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Loses Some Of Its Edginess, But Is Poised To Take Off - Forbes - July 31st, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is transforming the world in the current pandemic situation? - Geospatial World - July 31st, 2020
- The NBA will use artificial intelligence and a tap-to-cheer app feature to help fans stuck at home get in the game - CNN - July 31st, 2020
- Different Scopes Of Artificial Intelligence To Dive In With! - Inventiva - July 31st, 2020
- Gatling Exploration to use artificial intelligence to identify possible gold targets at the Larder project in Ontario - Proactive Investors USA &... - July 31st, 2020
- Elon Musk Thinks that Artificial Intelligence Will Be 'Vastly Smarter' Than Humans in 5 Years - News18 - July 31st, 2020
- Church body recommends restrictions on Artificial Intelligence - The Tablet - July 31st, 2020
- How the Coronavirus Pandemic Is Breaking Artificial Intelligence and How to Fix It - Gizmodo - July 31st, 2020
- Using artificial intelligence to smell the roses - UC Riverside - July 30th, 2020
- Shield AI Recognized As One of the Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies - PR Web - July 30th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence needs an update on ethics to be able to help humanity in times of crisis - Economic Times - July 30th, 2020
- Reshaping Artificial Intelligence with the Help of Affordances - Analytics Insight - July 29th, 2020
- WISeKey to Showcase its Cybersecurity Solutions for Artificial Intelligence Used in Drones and Robots at SIDO 2020 - GlobeNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- GPT-3: The Next Revolution in Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - July 28th, 2020
- FLY AI: the role of artificial intelligence in aviation - Airport Technology - July 28th, 2020
- Four university experts use Artificial Intelligence to discover that children don't like going to school on Mondays in Milton Keynes - Milton Keynes... - July 28th, 2020
- UF Announces $70 Million Artificial Intelligence Partnership with NVIDIA - University of Florida - July 28th, 2020
- People are using artificial intelligence to help sort out their divorce. Would you? - The Conversation AU - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Hope 2020 Needs - Bloomberg - July 28th, 2020
- Top Five Data Privacy Issues that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Startups Need to Know - insideBIGDATA - July 28th, 2020
- I Am a Model and I Know That Artificial Intelligence Will Eventually Take My Job - Vogue.com - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing Market Worth $16.7 Billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- The Global Artificial Intelligence in Accounting Market is expected to grow from USD 884.99 Million in 2019 to USD 4,779.11 Million by the end of 2025... - July 28th, 2020
- Imint is the Swedish firm that gives Chinese smartphones an edge in video production - TechCrunch - July 26th, 2020
- UF students, get used to this topic: artificial intelligence - Tampa Bay Times - July 26th, 2020
- Odisha to use artificial intelligence in organisation audit in big way - The New Indian Express - July 26th, 2020
- Covid could have been AIs moment in sun. But it isnt as flexible as humans yet - ThePrint - July 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is the hope 2020 needs | Commentary | Seattle Times - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin - July 26th, 2020
- Could this software help users trust machine learning decisions? - C4ISRNet - July 26th, 2020
- Exploring the edge cases of artificial intelligence in 2020 - TechHQ - July 26th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is being used for divorce and separations with apps like Amica, Adieu and Penda - Newcastle Herald - July 26th, 2020
- Tech Q&A: Artificial Intelligence Has Promise of Streamlining Hospital Processes, Diagnostic Tools - MedTech Intelligence - July 26th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence for Automotive Market 2020 Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Outlook with Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Express... - July 26th, 2020
- Global Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market Analysis by Emerging Trends, Size, Share, Future Growth, Current Statistics, Brand Endorsements and... - July 26th, 2020
- Opinion: Artificial intelligence is the hope 2020 needs - Crain's Cleveland Business - July 26th, 2020
- AI in the Field of Transportation - a Review - AI Daily - July 26th, 2020
- Loop Insights and ImagineAR Sign MOU To Integrate Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality, Creating Real-Time Actionable Data For Brands To... - July 26th, 2020