LOS ANGELES and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Aug. 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT), a national leader in providing high-quality, cost-effective, fixed-site outpatient diagnostic imaging services, and Hologic, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOLX), an innovative medical technology company primarily focused on improving womens health, have entered into a definitive collaboration to advance the use of artificial intelligence (A.I.) in breast health.
As the world leader in mammography, Hologic will contribute capabilities and insights behind its market-leading hardware and software, and will benefit from access to data produced by RadNets fleet of high-resolution mammography systems, the largest in the nation, to train and refine current and future products based on A.I. RadNet will share data from its extensive network of imaging centers, as well as provide in-depth knowledge of the patient pathway and workflow needs to help make a positive impact across the breast care continuum. The collaboration will enable new joint market opportunities and further efforts to build clinician confidence and develop and integrate new A.I. technologies.
We believe the future of breast health will rely heavily on the integration of A.I. tools, such as our 3DQuorum imaging technology, as well as next generation CAD software, that aid in the early detection of breast cancer, said PeteValenti, Hologics Division President, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. We are energized by the opportunities this transformative collaboration with RadNet creates for patients and clinicians alike. Access to data is critical in training and refining A.I. algorithms. With this collaboration, we now have the opportunity to leverage data from the largest fleet of high-resolution mammography systems to develop new tools across the continuum of care, provide workflow efficiencies, and improve patient satisfaction and outcomes.
As part of its collaboration with Hologic, RadNet intends to upgrade its entire fleet of Hologic mammography systems to feature Hologics 3DQuorum imaging technology, powered by Genius AI. This technology works in tandem with Clarity HD high resolution imaging technology to reduce tomosynthesis image volume for radiologists by 66 percent.i Additionally, all of RadNets Hologic systems are anticipated to feature the Genius 3D Mammography exam, the only mammogram clinically proven and FDA approved as superior for all women, including those with dense breasts, compared with 2D mammography alone. ii,iii,iv,v
The collaboration will be bolstered by RadNets recent acquisition of DeepHealth (Cambridge, MA), which uses machine learning to develop software tools to improve cancer detection and provide clinical decision support. Led by Dr. Gregory Sorensen, DeepHealths team of A.I. experts is focused on enabling industry-leading care by providing products that clinicians and patients can trust. In addition, the DeepHealth team will integrate its A.I. tools within the Hologic ecosystem. When seeking a partner and reviewing options amongst all mammography vendors, we selected to integrate our tools with Hologics market-leading technology, said Dr. Sorensen. Hologics systems produce the highest level of spatial resolution in the market. Hologic also has the largest domestic footprint and market share in 3D Mammography systems. This integration will allow the DeepHealth team to train its algorithms for use with the most advanced screening technology possible. As Hologic and RadNet share their respective capabilities and tools, greater efficiency and accuracy can be achieved by our radiologists.
Much like RadNet, Hologic is a highly innovative company and market leader in breast health, said Howard Berger, MD, RadNets Chairman and CEO. When Hologics leading screening technology is paired with RadNets approximately 1.2 million annual screening mammograms, the resulting dataset becomes a powerful tool to train algorithms. We see the future as being transformative for both of our organizations.
We have witnessed how the application of our Genius AI technology platform has improved cancer detection, operational efficiency and clinical decision support across the breast cancer care continuum, said Samir Parikh, Hologics Global Vice President for Research and Development, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. We look forward to building upon these advances in collaboration with Dr. Sorensen and the RadNet team to expand the use of machine learning, big data applications and automated algorithms impacting global breast care.
About RadNet, Inc.RadNet, Inc. is the leading national provider of freestanding, fixed-site diagnostic imaging services in the United States based on the number of locations and annual imaging revenue. RadNet has a network of 335 owned and/or operated outpatient imaging centers. RadNet's core markets include California, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and New York. In addition, RadNet provides radiology information technology solutions, teleradiology professional services and other related products and services to customers in the diagnostic imaging industry. Together with affiliated radiologists, and inclusive of full-time and per diem employees and technicians, RadNet has a total of approximately 8,600 employees. For more information, visit http://www.radnet.com.
About Hologic, Inc.Hologic, Inc. isan innovative medical technology company primarily focused on improving womens health and well-being through early detection and treatment.For more information on Hologic, visitwww.hologic.com.
The Genius 3D Mammography exam (also known as the Genius exam) is only available on a Hologic 3D Mammography system. It consists of a 2D and 3D image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired 2D image or a 2D image generated from the 3D image set. There are more than 6,000 Hologic 3D Mammography systems in use in the United States alone, so women have convenient access to the Genius exam. To learn more, visit http://www.Genius3DNearMe.com.
Hologic, 3D Mammography, 3DQuorum, 3Dimensions, Clarity HD, Genius and Genius AI are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hologic, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis news release may contain forward-looking information that involves risks and uncertainties, including statements about the use of Hologic products. There can be no assurance these products will achieve the benefits described herein or that such benefits will be replicated in any particular manner with respect to an individual patient, as the actual effect of the use of the products can only be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition, there can be no assurance that these products will be commercially successful or achieve any expected level of sales. Hologic and RadNet expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements presented herein to reflect any change in expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such data or statements are based.
This information is not intended as a product solicitation or promotion where such activities are prohibited. For specific information on what products are available for sale in a particular country, please contact a local Hologic sales representative or write to email@example.com.
Media and Investor Contact RadNet, Inc.:Mark StolperExecutive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer310-445-2800
Media Contact Hologic, Inc.:Jane Mazur508-263-8764 (direct)585-355-5978 (mobile)
Investor Contact Hologic, Inc.:Michael Watts858-410-8588
i Report: CSR-00116
ii Results from Friedewald, SM, et al. "Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography." JAMA 311.24 (2014): 2499-2507; a multi-site (13), non-randomized, historical control study of 454,000 screening mammograms investigating the initial impact the introduction of the Hologic Selenia Dimensions on screening outcomes. Individual results may vary. The study found an average 41% increase and that 1.2 (95% CI: 0.8-1.6) additional invasive breast cancers per 1000 screening exams were found in women receiving combined 2D FFDM and 3D mammograms acquired with the Hologic 3D Mammography System versus women receiving 2D FFDM mammograms only.
iii Freidewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, Durand MA, Plecha DM, Greenberg JS, Hayes MK, Copit DS, Carlson KL, Cink TM, Carke LD, Greer LN, Miller DP, Conant EF, Breast Cancer Screening Using Tomosynthesis in Combination with Digital Mammography,JAMAJune 25, 2014.
iv Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, etal. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study.Lancet Oncol.2016 Aug;17(8):1105-13.
v FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005
Here is the original post:
- A crewless boat is recreating the Mayflower's 400-year-old journey, with the help of artificial intelligence - CBS News - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Is It All Just Costly Hype? - Dice Insights - December 26th, 2020
- 7 Types of Artificial Intelligence: Propelling the Technology Development - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence will go mainstream in 2021 The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 26th, 2020
- Top 7 Amazing Artificial Intelligence Applications that Are Unfamiliar - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- NASCAR Team up with the World Poker Tour while Artificial Intelligence Breaks New Barriers - HighstakesDB - December 26th, 2020
- Youve heard of Elf on the Shelf; in New Haven theres elf with artificial intelligence - New Haven Register - December 26th, 2020
- How is Artificial Intelligence Transforming the lives of People with Disabilities? - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- How Bad Is Your Spotify? There's Artificial Intelligence to Judge Your Taste - Distractify - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence measure included in must-pass government funding deal - Homeland Preparedness News - December 26th, 2020
- PetrSU joined the fight for leadership in the field of artificial intelligence applications in Russia and in the world - India Education Diary - December 26th, 2020
- Why not enlist the help of artificial intelligence to nudge people to mask up? - Houston Chronicle - December 22nd, 2020
- Congress wants an inventory of all AI projects at the Pentagon - C4ISRNet - December 22nd, 2020
- The influence of artificial intelligence on the banking industry - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - December 22nd, 2020
- Application of artificial intelligence in the field of treatment and medicine - Tehran Times - December 22nd, 2020
- Using Artificial Intelligence To Transform An Industry? Nominations For The 2021 AI 50 List Are Open - Forbes - December 22nd, 2020
- Delivering Proactive Mental Healthcare With Artificial Intelligence - HealthITAnalytics.com - December 22nd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is intertwined in precision agriculture - AGDAILY - December 22nd, 2020
- Spin Announces Cutting Edge On-Vehicle Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platform To Bring Sidewalk Riding and Parking Detection Technology to Cities... - December 22nd, 2020
- UC convenes Artificial Intelligence Working Group to harness innovative technology, establish guardrails for equitable and ethical use - University of... - December 22nd, 2020
- Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market Research Report by Technology, by Process, by Offerings, by Application - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence, Contactless Solutions Set to Provide Safety Protocols to Enable Reopening of Live Events in 2021 - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Employing artificial intelligence to spot infrastructure issues - Construction Dive - December 22nd, 2020
- CPPI and HSDF Release Report from Virtual Symposium: Artificial Intelligence: Transforming the Government Mission - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Top 10 AI and machine learning stories of 2020 - Healthcare IT News - December 17th, 2020
- The 8 Best Books About Artificial Intelligence to Read Now - WIRED - December 17th, 2020
- KODA AUTO wins Pioneer Award for its use of artificial intelligence and Sound Analyser app - Automotive World - December 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligences Are Power Hungry, But Not How You Think - Nextgov - December 17th, 2020
- Now is the time to ensure artificial intelligence works for Europeans - EU News - December 17th, 2020
- Currux Vision LLC Announces Industry Leading Accuracy of Artificial Intelligence Smart City Traffic Platform Testing with the City of San Jos - PR Web - December 17th, 2020
- Leveraging artificial intelligence to reach fathers and support child nutrition in India during COVID-19 - World Bank Group - December 17th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence helped me overcome my dyslexia - The Guardian - December 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Advances Showcased at the Virtual 2020 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting Could Help to Integrate This Technology Into Everyday... - December 17th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Supply Chain Management Market was Valued at US$ 1549.5 Mn in 2019 Growing at a CAGR of 25.12% over the Forecast... - December 17th, 2020
- Are AI and job automation good for society? Globally, views are mixed - Pew Research Center - December 17th, 2020
- Landmark artificial intelligence legislation advances toward becoming law Defense bill awaits possible presidential veto and Congressional override;... - December 17th, 2020
- The Next Generation Of Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - October 16th, 2020
- St. Louis Is Grappling With Artificial Intelligence's Promise And Potential Peril - St. Louis Public Radio - October 16th, 2020
- Looper column: Artificial intelligence, humanity and the future - SouthCoastToday.com - October 16th, 2020
- For artificial intelligence to flourish, governments need to think ahead about its responsible use - Firstpost - October 16th, 2020
- MediFind Selected as Finalist for Best in Artificial Intelligence in the Shorty Social Good Awards - The Wellsboro Gazette - October 16th, 2020
- The relentless threat of artificial intelligence taking our jobs away - Mint - October 16th, 2020
- Will artificial intelligence technology change the dairy industry - positivelyosceola.com - October 16th, 2020
- Penn Medicine researchers use artificial intelligence to identify early signs of Alzheimer's Disease - Express Computer - October 16th, 2020
- Futurism Reinforces Its Next-Gen Business Commerce Platform With Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Capabilities - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2020
- SparkCognition Advances the Science of Artificial Intelligence with 85 Patents - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2020
- Dont Be Afraid, BMW Promises To Keep Artificial Intelligence (AI) On A Tight Leash With These 7 Principles - CarScoops - October 16th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Government: Global Markets 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Import Screening Pilot Unleashes the Power of Data - FDA.gov - August 31st, 2020
- Supercharge vegetation management and outage prediction with artificial intelligence - Utility Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Automation, artificial intelligence to be central in the post-Covid world - Economic Times - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Top Gun - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Defense Innovation Unit Teaching Artificial Intelligence to Detect Cancer - Department of Defense - August 31st, 2020
- Toward a machine learning model that can reason about everyday actions - MIT News - August 31st, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we search and find online - ITProPortal - August 31st, 2020
- TikTok Assets Cant Be Sold Without Chinas Approval - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Oil and Gas Market Global Size, Growth and Demand 2020 to 2030 - The News Brok - August 31st, 2020
- Rage Against the Algorithm: the Risks of Overestimating Military Artificial Intelligence - Chatham House - August 31st, 2020
- U of I to lead two of seven new national artificial intelligence institutes - University of Illinois News - August 31st, 2020
- Holocaust survivors will be able to share their stories after death thanks to a new project - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 31st, 2020
- Funding boost for artificial intelligence in NHS to speed up diagnosis of deadly diseases - GOV.UK - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies 80,000 Spiral Galaxies Promises More Astronomical Discoveries in the Future - SciTechDaily - August 31st, 2020
- Is Artificial intelligence the Future of IT Help Desk? - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Experts Are Divided Over Future Of Artificial Intelligence But Agree On Its Growing Impact - Outlook India - August 10th, 2020
- "Artificial Intelligence Will Make Medicine Better in the Long Run" - Biophotonics.World - August 10th, 2020
- How machine learning and artificial intelligence can drive clinical innovation - PharmaLive - August 10th, 2020
- Top Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Investments in July 2020 - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Job interviews: Recruiters are using artificial intelligence to analyse what you say to find the right hire - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- The next frontier of human-robot relationships is building trust - Scroll.in - August 8th, 2020
- Game-Changing Artificial Intelligence Solution by PhotoShelter to Revolutionize Social Media Workflow as Premier Lacrosse League Returns to the Field... - August 8th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is Helping to Fight against Coronavirus in India? - Analytics Insight - August 8th, 2020
- BLOG: How to capitalise on the Artificial Intelligence theme - Your Money - Your Money - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Partners - Modern Diplomacy - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence isnt destroying jobs, its making them more inclusive - The Globe and Mail - August 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Over 48% Through 2020-2024|Growing Adoption of... - August 7th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: The New Normal in Testing Times - Analytics Insight - August 7th, 2020
- VIEW: Digitisation in pathology and the promise of artificial intelligence - CNBCTV18 - August 7th, 2020
- What It Means to Be Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence - Medium - August 7th, 2020
- Not so Artificial Intelligence When is AI really AI? - EFTM - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD to explore artificial intelligence to improve forecasting, predict extreme weather events - Firstpost - August 3rd, 2020