Many, many prophecies in your Bible describe the world after Jesus Christ returns as being a world filled with happiness!
Did you know that God actually commands us to be happy? And He gives a formula for making you happy in His Bible, which is for the whole world.
God is full of joy! And He is creating us to be like He is, so He wants us to be filled with joy, too. Only those people who have that joy will be in His Family in the future.
But look around, and you see todays world filled with unhappiness and other strong, negative feelings.
Revelation 12:9 says this whole world is deceived. One of the greatest deceptions of all is about how to be happy.
Why are people so deceived about this subject? And how can you be happy?
Let me explain the answer to both of those questions. It is deeply misunderstood, and strongly resisted. I present The Key of David, a weekly television program that reaches millions of potential viewers and is available online, and I have noticed that whenever I cover this subject, we get less response than normal.
Id like to challenge you to think about this subject, to read and study the additional literature we offer on it. We give away all our literature freely because God commands us to do so in Matthew 10:8: Freely you have received, freely give. We have done this for over 80 years. We give over a million dollars worth of free literature every year, yet we always have the income we need to do the Work. God commands us to do certain things in the Bible, and He rewards us immensely for obeying Him.
In John 13, Jesus Christ instructs the disciples about the Passover, which begins the holy day plan of God. For I have given you an example that ye should do as I have done to you (verse 15). You must do things the way Christ does. That includes the holy days, which He kept and He commands us to keep. (Request our free booklet Pagan Holidaysor Gods Holy DaysWhich? to learn about how Gods holy days reveal Gods master plan for human beings. This is truth we need!)
Then notice verse 17: If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. Christ said that following His example and obeying Him will make you happy.
God puts everything on the line. If doing these things doesnt make you happy, then that would make God a liar. But He doesnt lieHe cannot lie! (Titus 1:2).
Here is another scripture that describes how happy we can be: But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall (Malachi 4:2). Here is a picture of a young calf in the stall that has been born recently and is jumping around because its so thrilled to be alive! And this tells you how to have such abundant lifehow to be happy, and bright and shining like the sun! It starts with fearing God.
Notice verse 4: Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. The main law Moses received on Mount Horeb (another name for Mount Sinai), was the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20). And the statutes we are here commanded to remember include the holy days.
The first five books of the Bible are referred to in Scripture as the Law (e.g. Luke 24:44). Those five books are the foundation of the entire Bibleand the Ten Commandments are the center of that foundation. Remember that law! Dont forget it, because keeping it will make you happy!
The book of Malachi shows that most of Gods own people in this end time95 percenthave turned away from that law (e.g. Malachi 2:8-9; 3:7, 14). And here at the end of the book God is saying, Remember this! Remember that law of Moses that he received on Mount Sinai with thunder and lightning, with the mountain and the earth shaking!
In the days of the second temple construction, the Jews who had returned to Jerusalem from captivity had renewed appreciation for the law of God. Nehemiah 8 records them gathering to observe the Feast of Trumpets, and then the Feast of Tabernacles, two of Gods seven annual festivals.
When they gathered, Ezra and the spiritual leaders read the Law to the people. So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading (verse 8). They really made it plain. And how did the people respond? [A]ll the people wept, when they heard the words of the law (verse 9). They were convicted and repentant. That may seem like the opposite of happinessbut in reality, it is the only true path to real happiness!
Nehemiah saw their response. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord [referring to the Feast of Tabernacles]: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength (verse 10). If you are keeping those holy days, God says it will fill you with joy, and that is your strength! Obedience to Gods law makes you strong!
Verse 17 says that they celebrated this festival properly as they hadnt done for generations, and there was very great gladness. That is what keeping Gods law brings.
Many scriptures show that very shortly, Jesus Christ will return to Earth and apply that law, and the Earth will become a paradise, filled with happy and joyful peopleadults, children, everybody. The Almighty God will ensure that this happens!
Jesus Christ continually spoke of the importance of the law and the Old Testament as a whole. He corrected many people for not believing and obeying the law and the Old Testament prophets. The Jews boasted that they followed the law scrupulously. But Moses wrote the Bibles first five books, called the Law, and in John 5:46-47, Jesus told them, Had you believed Moses, you would have believed me, for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Jesus confirmed the veracity of the Bibles record of the Flood (Matthew 24:37-39; Luke 17:26-27). He confirmed the account of the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah (Matthew 10:15; Luke 17:29). He corroborated the fate of Lots wife (Luke 17:32).
After Jesus was crucified and resurrected, He spent some time with His disciples, teaching them. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself (Luke 24:27). He went through the first five books, throughout the Law, and all the prophets, including the former prophets, the major and minor prophetsand taught them just how relevant and significant it all was! Many people dismiss these sections of the Biblebut Christ certainly didnt!
I saw one commentary that drew together all these examples showing just how much Christ underscored the importance of the Old Testament. But do you know what this commentary did not say? It didnt say what Christ said about the law, the foundation of the entire Bible! This commentary said nothing of that because most of them believe the law has been done away. But what did Christ say? You would think such an important subject would have been mentioned above some of those other miraculous events.
Christ told His disciples, Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:14). Those people who are obeying Him, Christ calls the light of the world! If you are a light to the world, that means you are shining and happy! People will see it! Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel . Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven (verses 15-16). Wow! Let that light shine, and people will see your good works and glorify God!
Now, notice this amazing scripture that is so contrary to what nearly every commentary will tell you: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil (verse 17). He is talking about the Ten Commandments above all. But also the first five books of the Bible and all the prophetic books. He didnt come to destroy these, but to fulfill themto fill them to the full!
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled (verse 18).
This is the perfect Son of God talking! He said He would cross every T and dot every I of the law in every little detail. He came to fill the law to the full perfectly! Most people in the so-called Christian world talk about the law being done away. But that is the opposite of what Jesus Christ taught!
The Ten Commandments are the foundation of the Bible and are the heart of everythingif you want to be happy. Yet the way the world views it, if youre keeping the law, you are in bondage! What a deception! And look at how unhappy, miserable and dangerous this world is as a result!
Look at how politicians and political adversaries hate each other today. Gods law says you must love your neighbor(Leviticus 19:18). Christ confirmed that this even means loving your enemies (Matthew 5:44). They often talk about how religious they are, but they have such hate in their lives! Harboring such hate means they are not doing what Christ commanded. That is what your Bible says!
God says through the Prophet Isaiah, For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed (Isaiah 9:16). The leaders and scholars of Israel should be an example to the whole world, and would be, if they were obeying God. But they have rebelled against God. They are causing people to err and leading people to destruction, spiritually and even physically. Isaiah 3:12 concurs: Those leaders cause thee to err. God emphasizes this! Watch out, because people are leading you astray, causing you to make serious mistakes! Their lawless approach is making you unhappy, and they make God unhappy by what they are doing!
Christ said if you are obeying the law, you will be like the sun, shining with happiness so people can see! You wont be hating peopleyou will love them and be giving to them in any way you can.
The Apostle Paul also strongly endorsed the Old Testament. He explicitly backed up its account of Cain and Abel, of Enoch, of Melchizedek and Abraham, of the miracle of the Red Sea, of Israels rebellion by creating a golden calf, of the life of Rahab and the fall of Jericho, and many other historical incidents that most people dismiss as myth.
Paul also underscored the importance of Gods law. In Romans 10:1-3, he talks about people who have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of Gods righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. How many people fall into that trap? Do you submit to Gods definition of righteousnessas He defines it in His Word and by His lawor do you try to establish your own definition of righteousness?
Verse 4 reads, For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. That does not mean that Christ ended the law, as many would have you believe. The word end comes from the Greek word telos, which means a point aimed at. When you look at Christs example, you see up close what real righteousness looks like, and what God and Christ are all about. If you keep the law the way God directs you to, and you are doing it spirituallythen in the end, you will have the very character of Christ! You will be following His example (1 Peter 2:21), you will have His mind (Philippians 2:5), and you will be keeping the law of love!
1 John 5:3 says, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. Gods commands are not grievous, as so many people say they are. They make you happy! And they fill you with love and many other wonderful virtues!
Paul got to the heart of peoples problem with Gods law. He wrote, Because the carnal mind is enmity [or hostile] against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be (Romans 8:7). You see this natural hostility to God everywhere! And if you are honest, you can even detect it, at least to some degree, within yourself.
The only way we can obey God and keep His law is by receiving His Holy Spirit!
Paul referred repeatedly back to Adam and Eve in his epistles (e.g. Romans 5:14; 1 Corinthians 15:22; 1 Timothy 2:13-14). He spoke about the Garden of Eden and the first two human beings disobeying God and rejecting the tree of life. God kicked them out of the garden, and mankind has followed their example ever since. They rebelled against God and set the example for this world, so God condemned this world to 6,000 years of being cut off from Him.
Now we are very close to the time when Jesus Christ will return. Mankind has had his six days of the weekeach day symbolizing a thousand years (2 Peter 3:8)and the seventh, the Sabbath, is almost here. The Fourth Commandment tells us to keep the Sabbath holy each week (Exodus 20:8-11)and He even says He will bless us with delight and abundance for doing so (Isaiah 58:13-14)but most people ignore that and rebel. The Sabbath points to the fact that Christ is about to use that seventh daythat seventh thousand-year periodto fill this world with happiness and joy! Many scriptures tell us this. Do you believe them?
God tells us we must be doers of the Word (James 1:22-25). You have to do something. Verse 25 says, But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work [or this law], this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Do you see Gods law as a law of liberty? If you keep it, you will have freedom. Youll be blessed in special ways by God, and one of those blessings is youll be happy! That is what freedom brings. How can you be happy without freedom? People in this world think they have freedom, but they are really in bondage to sin.
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, HAPPY is he (Proverbs 29:18). Keeping the law gives you vision, and it makes you happy. It shows you how to make things work out in your life, and how to solve your problems. Keep the law, and you have vision: You know where you are going, and you know where God is taking every one of us.
Your life can be filled with happiness, joy and great purpose. That doesnt mean you wont have trials and tests, but the Bible tells us to rejoice even when you have fiery trials, because God is using those to build His very character within you! (e.g. James 1:2-4). He is preparing you for a spectacular eternal future in the very Family of God!
If you want to be happy, God shows you how: He says you must turn from your iniquities (Daniel 9:13)and turn to that law of love, that law of happiness, that law of freedom, that law of joy! Christ came so you could have life, and have it more abundantly (John 10:10). God wants you to be filled with joy, and to live the abundant life! His law shows you the way.
Read this article:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Definition - Investopedia - May 31st, 2020
- The Temptations Of Artificial Intelligence Technology And The Price Of Admission - Forbes - May 31st, 2020
- Artificial intelligence offers a chance to optimize COVID-19 treatment in international partnership - Vanderbilt University News - May 31st, 2020
- Reality Check: The Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - AiThority - May 31st, 2020
- Thanks To Renewables And Machine Learning, Google Now Forecasts The Wind - Forbes - May 31st, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is hopelessly biased - and that's how it will stay - TechRadar India - May 31st, 2020
- Top Artificial Intelligence Trends that will Change the Decade - Analytics Insight - May 31st, 2020
- Art and artifice - The Indian Express - May 31st, 2020
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Ethical Hacking | EC-Council Official Blog - EC-Council Blog - May 31st, 2020
- Microsoft is cutting dozens of MSN news production workers and replacing them with artificial intelligence - Seattle Times - May 31st, 2020
- Artificial intelligence software improves accuracy, doubles speed in evaluating CT scans of advanced cancer - UAB News - May 31st, 2020
- Coronavirus tests the value of artificial intelligence in medicine - FierceHealthcare - May 31st, 2020
- The Use of Artificial Intelligence by Investment Advisers: Considerations Based on an Advisers Fiduciary Duties - JD Supra - May 31st, 2020
- Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence for Digital Infrastructures job with UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL | 208485 - Times Higher Education (THE) - May 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market to Reach USD 202.57 Billion by 2026; Rising Demand for Cloud-based Applications to Aid Growth: Fortune Business... - May 31st, 2020
- Walmart Employees Are Out to Show Its Anti-Shoplifting AI Doesn't Work - WIRED - May 31st, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is keeping time-critical shipments on track during pandemic - FreightWaves - May 31st, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Recent FTC Guidance on the Use of Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms in the Age of COVID-19 - Government Contracts Legal Forum - May 31st, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact: A Mix of Challenges and Opportunities | Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market 2020-2024 | Growing Adoption of Cloud... - May 31st, 2020
- IIT-Ropar and TSW Launch a PG Programme in Artificial Intelligence - THE WEEK - May 31st, 2020
- MS in Artificial Intelligence | Artificial Intelligence - May 19th, 2020
- What is Artificial Intelligence? | Azure Blog and Updates ... - May 19th, 2020
- What Are the Advantages of Artificial Intelligence ... - May 19th, 2020
- AI Tutorial | Artificial Intelligence Tutorial - Javatpoint - May 19th, 2020
- It's Called Artificial Intelligencebut What Is Intelligence? - WIRED - May 19th, 2020
- Powering the Artificial Intelligence Revolution - HPCwire - May 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is struggling to cope with how the world has changed - ZDNet - May 19th, 2020
- An AI future set to take over post-Covid world - The Indian Express - May 19th, 2020
- A New Way To Think About Artificial Intelligence With This ETF - MarketWatch - May 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence-based imaging reconstruction may lead to incorrect diagnoses, experts caution - Radiology Business - May 19th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in the Covid Frontline - Morningstar - May 19th, 2020
- Patent Analytics Market to Reach USD 1,668.4 Million by 2027; Integration of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to Spur Business... - May 19th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Cancer: How Is It Used in Practice? - Cancer Therapy Advisor - May 19th, 2020
- Five Important Subsets of Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - May 19th, 2020
- Ethical artificial intelligence: Could Switzerland take the lead? - swissinfo.ch - May 19th, 2020
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Edge Intelligence - Analytics Insight - May 19th, 2020
- 5 Ways Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Architecture - May 15th, 2020
- Keysight Validates Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ... - May 15th, 2020
- What Is Artificial Intelligence? Examples and News in 2019 ... - May 15th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Is Nothing Without Humans - E3zine.com - May 15th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is helping seniors who are isolated during the coronavirus pandemic - WXYZ - May 15th, 2020
- ValleyML is launching a Machine Learning and Deep Learning Boot Camp from July 14th to Sept 10th and AI Expo Series from Sept 21st to Nov 19th 2020.... - May 15th, 2020
- TSA Issues Road Map to Tackle Insider Threat With Artificial Intelligence - Nextgov - May 15th, 2020
- The Expanding Role Of Artificial Intelligence In Tax - Forbes - May 15th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence: Technology Of The Future - Forbes India - May 15th, 2020
- SparkCognition and Milize to Offer Automated Machine Learning Solutions for Financial Institutions to the APAC Region - PRNewswire - May 15th, 2020
- Alpha Modus Allowed 2nd Patent Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Monitoring and Analyzing Consumer Behavior - Yahoo Finance - May 15th, 2020
- Tesla : Artificial Intelligence - the .AI domain is on the rise - marketscreener.com - May 15th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Can Only Help Architecture if We Ask the Right Questions - ArchDaily - May 15th, 2020
- Fighting COVID-19: Artificial Intelligence community to help citizens and the healthcare system - Canada NewsWire - May 15th, 2020
- Understanding the Four Types of Artificial Intelligence - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence Facts for Kids - May 9th, 2020
- 4 Main Types of Artificial Intelligence - G2 - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence project lets Holocaust survivors ... - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence - Simple English Wikipedia, the ... - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Market by Size, Share, Analysis ... - May 9th, 2020
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence movie review (2001) | Roger Ebert - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence is Evolving to Process the World Like Humans - Interesting Engineering - May 9th, 2020
- Drug research turns to artificial intelligence in COVID-19 fight - Business in Vancouver - May 9th, 2020
- Women wanted: Why now could be a good time for women to pursue a career in AI - CNBC - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Used to Identify Light Sources With Far Fewer Measurements - Unite.AI - May 9th, 2020
- The Impending Artificial Intelligence Revolution in Healthcare - Op-Ed - HIT Consultant - May 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 identification in X-ray images by Artificial intelligence - News Anyway - May 9th, 2020
- Is artificial intelligence the answer to the care sector amid COVID-19? - Descrier - May 9th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence - Wikipedia - April 26th, 2020
- artificial intelligence | Definition, Examples, and ... - April 26th, 2020
- What is Artificial Intelligence? How Does AI Work? | Built In - April 26th, 2020
- What Is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? | PCMag - April 26th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Totally Changing Everything ... - April 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence And Automation Top Focus For Venture Capitalists - Forbes - April 26th, 2020
- Benefits & Risks of Artificial Intelligence - Future of ... - April 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence can take banks to the next level - TechRepublic - April 26th, 2020
- Health care of tomorrow, today: How artificial intelligence is fighting the current, and future, COVID-19 pandemic | TheHill - The Hill - April 26th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence, IoT And Big Data Can Save The Bees - Forbes - April 26th, 2020
- First meeting of the new CEPEJ Working Group on cyberjustice and artificial intelligence - Council of Europe - April 26th, 2020
- When the coronavirus hit, California turned to artificial intelligence to help map the spread - 60 Minutes - CBS News - April 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in the Oil & Gas Industry, 2020-2025 - Upstream Operations to Witness Significant Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo... - April 26th, 2020
- Pre & Post COVID-19 Market Estimates-Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market in Retail Sector 2019-2023| Increased Efficiency of Operations to Boost... - April 26th, 2020
- EUREKA Clusters Artificial Intelligence (AI) Call | News item - The Netherlands and You - April 26th, 2020
- A guide to healthy skepticism of artificial intelligence and coronavirus - Brookings Institution - April 2nd, 2020