DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "AI in Government - Forecasts from 2020 to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) in government market was valued at US$4.904 billion in 2019.
In recent years, government in different countries are taking a keen interest in artificial intelligence (AI) technology. They are increasingly investing in artificial intelligence (AI), spending budget, and time on pilot programs for various AI applications while discussing with people in the filed on the future implications of this technology for various public projects.
The growing volume of big data is the major factor that is increasing the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) technology across the government sector as it reduces the cost of storing and processing that data. The rapid adoption of cloud computing solutions is also contributing to the market growth of artificial intelligence (AI) in government as cloud computing brings together data and cognitive services, along with edge computing which allows for the fast response time by the deputies. With improving machine learning capabilities, governments are likely to invest more in artificial intelligence (AI) research.
Currently, world governments are working with industry leaders as well as academia on several AI projects, ranging in application from coordinating traffic to digitizing backlogs of government documents. This will continue to boost the market growth of artificial intelligence (AI) in government until the end of the forecast period.
The most common application of artificial intelligence in the government sector is the use of chatbots. Earlier, they tend to be used for very narrow applications, answering simple routine questions. But their value is increasing with more conversations and questions while providing feedback to improve customer service. Since people are already using AI for a digital assistant, bot, or some type of intelligent service in the commercial space, the government is also required to imbibe this technology for the same.
The proliferation of artificial intelligence (AI) in government requires a macro-level strategy to be adopted by governments on account of the disruptive potential of this technology. Governments are taking several initiatives and implementing policies that are coherent with the better use of AI across the public sector, thus positively impacting the overall market growth.
However, so far, the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) in state and local governments is increasing at a slower pace and smaller scale as compared to that in the private sector. Many governments still need to upgrade their legacy IT infrastructure in order to use AI technology to its full potential while reducing compatibility issues. Moreover, many government departments lack necessary computing resources for AI projects since heavy data might require more expensive graphical processing units, thus hindering the market growth. Another factor that is restraining the growth of AI in government market is the lack of data scientists and subject matter experts required by the government to determine problems that AI could solve for a given government department.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government market is segmented by offering, technology, and geography. By offering, the global artificial intelligence (AI) in Government market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. By technology, the market is segmented into machine learning, deep learning, machine vision, natural process learning.
North America holds the significant market share throughout the forecast period
Geographically, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government market is segmented as North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC). North America accounted for the significant market share in 2019 and will remain at its position until the end of the forecast period. Early adoption of new advanced technologies and the presence of major market players in the region supports the growth of this regional market.
The United States is the major market in this region as the country has already started incorporating artificial intelligence technology for several public projects. For example, the New York City Department of Social Services (DSS) partnered with IBM to develop a portal for one of their initiative - the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), for which government agency employees were needed to process around 70,000 SNAP applications per month. IBM Watson helped to find a scalable solution in order to maximize outreach to the customer base.
In 2015, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) launched a chatbot named Emma which answers questions on immigration and takes visitors to the right page of the USCIS website. IN 2012, the Pittsburgh Department of Transportation collaborated with Rapid Flow Technologies to install the system in a pilot project in East Liberty. Using the system SURTRAC, the city traffic control departments are able to manage traffic flows through several intersections while using artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize the traffic system by reducing travel times, traffic stops, and wait times.
Furthermore, the U.S. and Canada are investing heavily in R&D for different AI applications which will continue to drive the market growth of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government in North America during the forecast period. The country is aimed to become the world leader in artificial intelligence (AI) by 2025, using this technology by the central government to monitor and control its own population.
Asia Pacific will witness a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, majorly attributed to the mushrooming investment in artificial intelligence (AI) technology in China. Other APAC countries are also investing in AI for public projects on account of the growing popularity of cloud computing, digitalization, and the rising volume of data. In 2016, Singapore's government partnered with Microsoft on its Conversations as aa Platform for its Smart Nation Initiative in order to explore next-generation government services based on a shift towards conversational computing using chatbots.
Prominent key market players in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government market include Accenture, Microsoft Corporation, ALEX - Alternative Experts, LLC, Alion Science and Technology Corporation, IBM, and SAS Institute Inc. among others. These companies hold a noteworthy share in the market on account of their good brand image and product offerings. Major players in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government market have been covered along with their relative competitive position and strategies. The report also mentions recent deals and investments of different market players over the last two years.
Key Topics Covered
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government Market Analysis, By Offering
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government Market Analysis, By Technology
6.2. Machine Learning
6.3. Deep Learning
6.4. Machine Vision
6.5. Natural Process Learning
7. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Government Market Analysis, By Geography
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.6. Asia Pacific
8. Competitive Environment and Analysis
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. Company Profiles
9.2. Microsoft Corporation
9.3. ALEX - Alternative Experts, LLC
9.4. Alion Science and Technology Corporation
9.6. SAS Institute Inc.
9.7. DataRobot, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4sat38
- The Next Generation Of Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - October 16th, 2020
- St. Louis Is Grappling With Artificial Intelligence's Promise And Potential Peril - St. Louis Public Radio - October 16th, 2020
- Looper column: Artificial intelligence, humanity and the future - SouthCoastToday.com - October 16th, 2020
- For artificial intelligence to flourish, governments need to think ahead about its responsible use - Firstpost - October 16th, 2020
- MediFind Selected as Finalist for Best in Artificial Intelligence in the Shorty Social Good Awards - The Wellsboro Gazette - October 16th, 2020
- The relentless threat of artificial intelligence taking our jobs away - Mint - October 16th, 2020
- Will artificial intelligence technology change the dairy industry - positivelyosceola.com - October 16th, 2020
- Penn Medicine researchers use artificial intelligence to identify early signs of Alzheimer's Disease - Express Computer - October 16th, 2020
- Futurism Reinforces Its Next-Gen Business Commerce Platform With Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Capabilities - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2020
- SparkCognition Advances the Science of Artificial Intelligence with 85 Patents - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2020
- Dont Be Afraid, BMW Promises To Keep Artificial Intelligence (AI) On A Tight Leash With These 7 Principles - CarScoops - October 16th, 2020
- Import Screening Pilot Unleashes the Power of Data - FDA.gov - August 31st, 2020
- Supercharge vegetation management and outage prediction with artificial intelligence - Utility Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Automation, artificial intelligence to be central in the post-Covid world - Economic Times - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Top Gun - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Defense Innovation Unit Teaching Artificial Intelligence to Detect Cancer - Department of Defense - August 31st, 2020
- Toward a machine learning model that can reason about everyday actions - MIT News - August 31st, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we search and find online - ITProPortal - August 31st, 2020
- TikTok Assets Cant Be Sold Without Chinas Approval - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Oil and Gas Market Global Size, Growth and Demand 2020 to 2030 - The News Brok - August 31st, 2020
- Rage Against the Algorithm: the Risks of Overestimating Military Artificial Intelligence - Chatham House - August 31st, 2020
- U of I to lead two of seven new national artificial intelligence institutes - University of Illinois News - August 31st, 2020
- Holocaust survivors will be able to share their stories after death thanks to a new project - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 31st, 2020
- Funding boost for artificial intelligence in NHS to speed up diagnosis of deadly diseases - GOV.UK - August 31st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies 80,000 Spiral Galaxies Promises More Astronomical Discoveries in the Future - SciTechDaily - August 31st, 2020
- Is Artificial intelligence the Future of IT Help Desk? - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Experts Are Divided Over Future Of Artificial Intelligence But Agree On Its Growing Impact - Outlook India - August 10th, 2020
- "Artificial Intelligence Will Make Medicine Better in the Long Run" - Biophotonics.World - August 10th, 2020
- How machine learning and artificial intelligence can drive clinical innovation - PharmaLive - August 10th, 2020
- Top Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Investments in July 2020 - Analytics Insight - August 10th, 2020
- Job interviews: Recruiters are using artificial intelligence to analyse what you say to find the right hire - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- The next frontier of human-robot relationships is building trust - Scroll.in - August 8th, 2020
- Game-Changing Artificial Intelligence Solution by PhotoShelter to Revolutionize Social Media Workflow as Premier Lacrosse League Returns to the Field... - August 8th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence is Helping to Fight against Coronavirus in India? - Analytics Insight - August 8th, 2020
- BLOG: How to capitalise on the Artificial Intelligence theme - Your Money - Your Money - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Partners - Modern Diplomacy - August 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence isnt destroying jobs, its making them more inclusive - The Globe and Mail - August 8th, 2020
- RadNet and Hologic Announce Collaboration to Advance the Development of Artificial Intelligence Tools in Breast Health - GlobeNewswire - August 7th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Over 48% Through 2020-2024|Growing Adoption of... - August 7th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: The New Normal in Testing Times - Analytics Insight - August 7th, 2020
- VIEW: Digitisation in pathology and the promise of artificial intelligence - CNBCTV18 - August 7th, 2020
- What It Means to Be Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence - Medium - August 7th, 2020
- Not so Artificial Intelligence When is AI really AI? - EFTM - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD to explore artificial intelligence to improve forecasting, predict extreme weather events - Firstpost - August 3rd, 2020
- Examples of Failure in Artificial Intelligence - ReadWrite - August 3rd, 2020
- IMD plans to use artificial intelligence in weather forecasting - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- MLOps: What You Need To Know - Forbes - August 3rd, 2020
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Artificial Intelligence job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 215559 - Times Higher Education (THE) - August 3rd, 2020
- How do CEO's Succeed with Artificial Intelligence at their Workplace? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- The future of Artificial Intelligence and what it means to the Enterprise? - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence helps lead decisions over Intelligent automation and - 401kTV - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and civil liability. Who pays the damages? - Lexology - August 3rd, 2020
- The AI-boost: Using more artificial intelligence will boost GDP growth - The Financial Express - August 3rd, 2020
- $19.9B Artificial Intelligence in Retail Industry, 2027 - Rising Focus on Blockchain and Adoption of 5G Technology - Yahoo Finance - August 3rd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Loses Some Of Its Edginess, But Is Poised To Take Off - Forbes - July 31st, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is transforming the world in the current pandemic situation? - Geospatial World - July 31st, 2020
- The NBA will use artificial intelligence and a tap-to-cheer app feature to help fans stuck at home get in the game - CNN - July 31st, 2020
- Different Scopes Of Artificial Intelligence To Dive In With! - Inventiva - July 31st, 2020
- Gatling Exploration to use artificial intelligence to identify possible gold targets at the Larder project in Ontario - Proactive Investors USA &... - July 31st, 2020
- Elon Musk Thinks that Artificial Intelligence Will Be 'Vastly Smarter' Than Humans in 5 Years - News18 - July 31st, 2020
- Church body recommends restrictions on Artificial Intelligence - The Tablet - July 31st, 2020
- How the Coronavirus Pandemic Is Breaking Artificial Intelligence and How to Fix It - Gizmodo - July 31st, 2020
- Using artificial intelligence to smell the roses - UC Riverside - July 30th, 2020
- Shield AI Recognized As One of the Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies - PR Web - July 30th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence needs an update on ethics to be able to help humanity in times of crisis - Economic Times - July 30th, 2020
- Reshaping Artificial Intelligence with the Help of Affordances - Analytics Insight - July 29th, 2020
- WISeKey to Showcase its Cybersecurity Solutions for Artificial Intelligence Used in Drones and Robots at SIDO 2020 - GlobeNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- GPT-3: The Next Revolution in Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - July 28th, 2020
- FLY AI: the role of artificial intelligence in aviation - Airport Technology - July 28th, 2020
- Four university experts use Artificial Intelligence to discover that children don't like going to school on Mondays in Milton Keynes - Milton Keynes... - July 28th, 2020
- UF Announces $70 Million Artificial Intelligence Partnership with NVIDIA - University of Florida - July 28th, 2020
- People are using artificial intelligence to help sort out their divorce. Would you? - The Conversation AU - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Is the Hope 2020 Needs - Bloomberg - July 28th, 2020
- Top Five Data Privacy Issues that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Startups Need to Know - insideBIGDATA - July 28th, 2020
- I Am a Model and I Know That Artificial Intelligence Will Eventually Take My Job - Vogue.com - July 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing Market Worth $16.7 Billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- The Global Artificial Intelligence in Accounting Market is expected to grow from USD 884.99 Million in 2019 to USD 4,779.11 Million by the end of 2025... - July 28th, 2020
- Imint is the Swedish firm that gives Chinese smartphones an edge in video production - TechCrunch - July 26th, 2020
- UF students, get used to this topic: artificial intelligence - Tampa Bay Times - July 26th, 2020
- Odisha to use artificial intelligence in organisation audit in big way - The New Indian Express - July 26th, 2020