This is an automated machine translation of an article published by Business Insider in a different language. Machine translations can generate errors or inaccuracies; we will continue the work to improve these translations. You can find the original version here.
The asset management industry is moving at the same pace as the planet as a whole.
Increased digitization and the use of digital tools is taking hold. Artificial intelligence is making its way into the financial industry and one of the debates is whether it can end up doing away with the figure of the manager and whether, in addition, it is the key factor on which indexed management - an investment strategy based on replicating indexes - is focused.
Business Insider Spain has exclusively interviewed Unai Ansejo, CEO of Indexa Capital, a fintech focused on indexed management and with a growing volume of clients, to discuss this series of questions about the future of the investment scheme, as well as delving into the expansion of its range of products with the launch of occupational pension plans.
Focusing on the advantages of artificial intelligence when it comes to managing the assets in which to invest Ansejo expounds that from his professional experience he realizes that long-term savings is not about using an algorithm that beats others, but rather about greatly reducing costs, diversifying and being invested in different areas.
"I'm incredulous of these things," he relates about nonparametrics. "I have analyzed many quantitative investment funds for more than 20 years and they always seemed very good, but then there came a time when something happened or there was any problem," he adds.
Therefore, as he explains, in the end, artificial intelligence is a very broad concept, but they would still be algorithms in which you create a series of entry points to then find an exit.
"What happens is that the process by which inputs become outputs is a black box: you don't know," he says.
At Indexa Capital, they don't use artificial intelligence to build investment models but instead focus on criteria they think are reasonable for how portfolios should be constructed over the long term: diversify a lot, reduce costs, incorporate the effect of direct taxes into portfolio construction. "In my view, AI as such is not the best way to obtain long-term performance," he notes.
Artificial intelligence with a Spanish stamp to revolutionize the financial sector: Ultramarine, the investment technology that stops trading if it detects uncertainty in the market.
Ansejo assures, however, that in the fintech they use technology a lot: "Our goal is that half of our team are technical profiles such as engineers, analysts or developers and we use technology for what needs to be done: automating processes where a person does not contribute any value".
For example, something that automates, as he relates, is that, once the client's portfolio is configured, based on their risk profile, they apply an algorithm that is public to guide how the allocation of their investors should be. "When you already have a model portfolio the daily management of your portfolio, or the request for a withdrawal to find the best fund in which there is a lower tax impact can be automated," he explains.
The Indexa Capital CEO asserts that you can't automate portfolio construction."You can't ask a computer or a machine what to invest in because there are many parameters to take into account," he says.
In this way, Ansejo reveals that to build their portfolios they carry out a quarterly review in which they try to see, among other things, if there is a new asset class in which they can invest cheaply and efficiently.
On the other hand, Indexa Capital has expanded its range of indexed products by incorporating occupational pension plans. "We do it with indexing because we think it's the best way to maximize your options to monetize a portfolio over the long term," he says. "What we have is 32,000 clients for whom this proposition works," he adds.
Along these lines, Ansejo says that they have had pension plans for 4 years and with a very clear vocation: that they should be indexed because they are cheaper. However, they saw that, apart from individual plans, in employment plans (where it is the company that creates a payment plan and contributes for the worker) the solutions available were once again very analogical. "Everything with a lot of paper and regulatory information," he describes.
On the other hand, they were usually active management, oriented towards SMEs and high costs. " So we decided to launch it to make it easier for an SME to have a plan quickly and online, and we did so by incorporating another feature, which is the life cycle," he says.
Ansejo confirms that they incorporated a large dose of innovation: that it could be done digitally, low costs and life cycle. "So, the response we are having is very good, although the amount we have is small, it is normal because in the end, when you create an employment plan you are contributing little by little to your employees," he says.
See the rest here:
- 193 countries adopt first-ever global agreement on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence - UN News - November 29th, 2021
- Seattle Researchers Claim to Have Built Artificial Intelligence That Has Morality - The Great Courses Daily News - November 29th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence in oncology: current applications and future perspectives | British Journal of Cancer - Nature.com - November 29th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence may not actually be the solution for stopping the spread of fake news - The Conversation CA - November 29th, 2021
- Computer Conservation: Lily Xu Uses Artificial Intelligence To Stop Poaching Around the World - SciTechDaily - November 29th, 2021
- 6 positive AI visions for the future of work - World Economic Forum - November 29th, 2021
- Global AI (Artificial Intelligence) Market Report 2021: Ethical AI Practices and Advisory will be Incorporated in AI Technology Growth Strategy to... - November 29th, 2021
- Defining what's ethical in artificial intelligence needs input from Africans - The Conversation CA - November 29th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence reveals the secrets of the spider web - Digital Journal - November 29th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence used to count tens of thousands of puffins - The Scotsman - November 29th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and mobility, who's at the wheel? - Innovation Origins - November 29th, 2021
- [Webinar] Balancing Compliance with AI Solutions - How Artificial Intelligence Can Drive the Future of Work by Enabling Fair, Efficient, and Auditable... - November 29th, 2021
- Can artificial intelligence be harnessed to protect the public from random assailants? - The Japan Times - November 29th, 2021
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence Autonomous Killing Machines: What You Need to Know About Military AI - SOFREP - November 29th, 2021
- Top Artificial Intelligence Jobs in MNCs to Apply this Nov Weekend - Analytics Insight - November 29th, 2021
- Who Says AI Is Not For Women? Here Are 6 Women Leading AI Field In India - SheThePeople - November 29th, 2021
- Job hunting nightmare: 1,000 plus job applications and still no offers - ABC Action News - November 29th, 2021
- Staten Island Family Advocating For New Artificial Intelligence Program That Aims To Prevent Drug Overdoses - CBS New York - November 29th, 2021
- ITV Will Use Artificial Intelligence To Tailor Adverts For Its Viewers - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - November 29th, 2021
- Yes, it has been offside: FIFA tests an artificial intelligence system with a view to using it in the Qatar World Cup - InTallaght - November 29th, 2021
- UC adopts recommendations for the responsible use of Artificial Intelligence - Preuss School Ucsd - October 20th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare? 'Don't focus solely on technology' - Innovation Origins - October 20th, 2021
- How Will Health Care Regulators Address Artificial Intelligence? - The Regulatory Review - October 20th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence to Boost the Global Wound Care Market by 2026 with Minimal Intervention Solutions - inForney.com - October 20th, 2021
- Global Artificial Intelligence Market Is Expected To Set A New Benchmark With A CAGR Of 40.2% By 2028 | Up Market Research - PRNewswire - October 20th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions, Inc. Reports Revenue Increases of Over 400% Over Same Period Prior Year as Shown in 2nd Quarter SEC... - October 20th, 2021
- WVU Researchers Using Artificial Intelligence To Help Diagnose Those With Autism - West Virginia Public Broadcasting - October 20th, 2021
- Potential of Artificial Intelligence Replacing Animal Testing in the Future - Analytics Insight - October 20th, 2021
- Putting artificial intelligence at the heart of health care with help from MIT - MIT News - October 20th, 2021
- What is Artificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS)? | ITBE - IT Business Edge - October 20th, 2021
- Understanding the UK Artificial Intelligence commercialisation - GOV.UK - October 20th, 2021
- Beethoven's Unfinished 10th Symphony Brought to Life by Artificial Intelligence - Scientific American - October 20th, 2021
- The 5 articles you read in AI hell - The Next Web - October 20th, 2021
- Transactions in the Age of Artificial Intelligence: Risks and Considerations - JD Supra - October 20th, 2021
- SenseTime Co-hosts the 3rd International Artificial Intelligence Fair to Nurture AI Talent and Promote a Collaborative Education Ecosystem -... - October 20th, 2021
- Alation Acquires Artificial Intelligence Vendor Lyngo Analytics - Business Wire - October 20th, 2021
- AI in the courts - The Indian Express - July 12th, 2021
- Infrared cameras and artificial intelligence provide insight into boiling - MIT News - July 12th, 2021
- COVID: Artificial intelligence in the pandemic - DW (English) - July 12th, 2021
- The smart role of Artificial Intelligence in todays world - BL on Campus - July 12th, 2021
- Which companies are leading the way for artificial intelligence in the aerospace, defence & security sector? Companies leading the way for... - July 12th, 2021
- Navigating the Intersections of Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Privacy - JD Supra - July 12th, 2021
- Companies leading the way for artificial intelligence in the power sector - Power Technology - July 12th, 2021
- Military researchers ask for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning able to share experiences - Military & Aerospace Electronics - July 12th, 2021
- The Evolution of the Judiciary in the Age of Technology | Artificial Intelligence and the Delivery of Justice - Lexology - July 12th, 2021
- Content management and Artificial Intelligence the future of ContentOps - ITProPortal - July 12th, 2021
- How artificial intelligence is propelling the energy transition forward - Innovation Origins - July 12th, 2021
- Astronomers use artificial intelligence to reveal the true shape of universe - WION - July 12th, 2021
- A History of Regular Expressions and Artificial Intelligence - kottke.org - kottke.org - July 12th, 2021
- Experimenting thoughtfully with artificial intelligence - Reuters - June 15th, 2021
- VisionQuest Uses Artificial Intelligence to Screen 40000 Patients for Diabetic Retinopathy - Business Wire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Rapid Exclusion of COVID-19 Infection - SciTechDaily - June 15th, 2021
- Researchers ask industry for military technologies in artificial intelligence (AI) and unmanned aircraft - Military & Aerospace Electronics - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Uses of Artificial Intelligence to Improve Customer Experience Measurement - Small Business Trends - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and the McData-fueled future of capitalism - The Next Web - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Types of Artificial Intelligence that will Shape 2021 and Beyond - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence will Transform Businesses in 2021? - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Research of Quantum Mechanics - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Global Wearable Medical Devices Markets Report 2021: Integrating Artificial Intelligence in the Wearable Medical Devices is Gaining Traction -... - June 15th, 2021
- Your Future May Lie With an Artificial Intelligence Certificate - The Future of Things - June 15th, 2021
- White House partners with NSF to stand up National AI Research Resource Task Force - Federal News Network - June 15th, 2021
- RGS welcomes Artificial Intelligence Innovator to training event - Attain News - June 15th, 2021
- An artificial-intelligence powered ETF has smashed the S&P 500 in the last month without any meme stocks - Markets Insider - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing the Future of Air Transportation - GW Today - June 15th, 2021
- Can We Learn Sperm Whale Language? Researchers Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out - TheInertia.com - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in the Pharmaceutical market worth US$27156.1 Million in 2031. Visiongain Research Inc. - GlobeNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Work - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- DoDs AI center striving to be connective tissue across all projects - Federal News Network - February 17th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence is Improving the Online Sports Betting Experience - MWWire - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (2) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Calastone implements Opsmatix Artificial Intelligence solution Improving client handling and efficiency within client operations - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Global Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market (2020 to 2026) - by Component, Technology, Process, Application, Vehicle Type, Demand Category,... - February 17th, 2021
- Liverpool scientists deploy Artificial Intelligence to develop model that predicts the next pandemic - Times Now - February 17th, 2021
- Why Artificial Intelligence May Not Offer The Business Value You Think - CMSWire - February 17th, 2021
- Needed: People To Put The Intelligence In Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- From vision to reality: the rise of Artificial Intelligence in the healthcare sector - Health Europa - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (1) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Excerpt: 'Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power' by Rajiv Malhotra - Times of India - February 17th, 2021
- BYU lab works to improve artificial intelligence communication - The Daily Universe - Universe.byu.edu - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence used to monitor patients with chronic diseases and COVID-19 - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 17th, 2021