Tensions ran high at a Senate hearing on Antifa on Tuesday as Sen. TedCruz, R-Texas, blasted Democrats for not condemning theleftist extremist groupmore directly for the violencethat has erupted in certain U.S. cities in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis.
FBI HAS OPENED 300 'DOMESTIC TERROR' INVESTIGATIONS AS A RESULT OF RIOTS, ATTORNEY TELLS CAPITOL HEARING ON ANTIFA
Andy Ngo, a conservative journalist from Portland who has documented the movements of Antifa for years and was allegedly attacked by members of the group in 2019, saidthey have'mastered the art of making its violence appear innocuous.'
I don't think Congress currently is equipped to handle domestic terrorism because it's so politicized and that's very dangerous for this country, saidNgo, who testified as a witness on Tuesdayshearing.
During the hearing, there was a refusal by Democrats to condemn Antifa, according to Ngo.
I think Republicans have by and large done a very good part with speaking very honestly and openly about far-right extremism and making sure that the sort of world views and ideologies of racist extremist movements don't find root in grounding in the mainstream conservative movement, Ngo told Fox News.Whereas Democrats really struggle with drawing the line on where they feel okay about far-left extremism. As of right now, I don't see them drawing the line anywhere.
BARR: VIOLENCE FROM ANTIFA, OTHER GROUPS 'IS DOMESTIC TERRORISM AND WILL BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY'
There are two contrasting narratives being painted about the realities of what is taking place in Portland and around the country, said Ngo.
If you listen to the local press in Portland, the establishment media, they will talk about how things are peaceful everywhere else around outside of this area. If you follow my work and you see the videos I put up through myself or through tweets from others, that's absolutely not the case, explained Ngo.
According to the Portland journalist, the notion that the riots and violence havestopped is a falsely painted picture by the mainstream media.'
Last night, there was a riot that was declared by the Portland police because riotersAntifablack bloc militants broke into the police union building and trashedthe lobby. Fortunately, they were repelled before they were able to start a fire," Ngo told Fox News.
ANTIFA: THE TRUTH BEHIND THE MASK
There's a solution and you get on the path of working towards a solution by actually admitting there's a problem. And when one half of this country is not willing to admit that there isa problem, then you can't get on working towards even imaginingwhat steps you can take to come up with solutions, Ngo said. Democrats have chosen really to stand in the way of what should be anonpartisan condemnation of an anti-American, anti-government, violent extremist movement.
Antifa is viewed by many as a loosely organized, unstructured movement. Despite statements from President Trump and Attorney General Bill Barr, U.S federal prosecutors have produced no evidence linking any of the dozens of people arrested in Portland to Antifa.
We have not alleged defendant affiliation with any specific groups or ideologies in our cases stemming from recent Portland protests, Kevin Sonoff, spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Portland, told Reuters. Our cases focus purely on the criminal conduct alleged.
Originally posted here:
- Parker column, Electoral College, Antifa and BLM | Letters To The Editor | tdtnews.com - Temple Daily Telegram - November 30th, 2020
- After the Election, What's Next for Antifa? | Opinion - Newsweek - November 30th, 2020
- Violent Portland Antifa IDd as 35-year-old trans woman - The Post Millennial - November 30th, 2020
- What an ex-Proud Boy says happens within the groups ranks - WTOP - November 30th, 2020
- Is ANYONE actually surprised that rioting comrades Antifa & BLM are seeking a divorce as racial tensions come to the fore? - RT - November 30th, 2020
- Alleged Antifa Leader Suspended from Twitter After Threatening Violence Against Donald Trump If He Fails to Concede 2020 Election by Deadline - The... - November 30th, 2020
- Pro-Trump Washington Councilwoman Tearfully Rants After Husband Is Fired For Harassing Reporter - Comic Sands - November 30th, 2020
- In Sacramento, Proud Boys take to the streets, and they're angry J. - The Jewish News of Northern California - November 30th, 2020
- Ex-Proud Boy on life inside the far-right group's ranks - 9News - November 30th, 2020
- Savannahs Town Square: Election results and the absence of violence - Savannah Morning News - November 30th, 2020
- Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia - October 23rd, 2020
- What is antifa? Is it a group or an idea, and what do ... - October 23rd, 2020
- Who are Antifa? - Anti-Defamation League - October 23rd, 2020
- What is antifa and why is Donald Trump targeting it ... - October 23rd, 2020
- What Is Antifa? Separating Fact From Fiction | Here & Now - October 23rd, 2020
- Antifa 'commander' with flamethrower cried when he was ... - October 23rd, 2020
- What Is Antifa: 5 Things To Know About The Movement ... - October 23rd, 2020
- What is Antifa? - CNN - October 23rd, 2020
- Most arrested in protests are not associated with antifa - Axios - October 23rd, 2020
- What is antifa? Is it a group or an idea, and what do supporters want? - CBS News - October 23rd, 2020
- Republican Plays the Antifa Card on Suburban Women of the Chathams - InsiderNJ - October 23rd, 2020
- My week with the baying Antifa mob - Spectator.co.uk - October 23rd, 2020
- Antifa Is Mentioned Just Once in Court Docs for Hundreds of BLM Protest Arrests: AP - The Daily Beast - October 23rd, 2020
- Looking at the ideologies of the Whitmer kidnapping plot suspects - PolitiFact - October 23rd, 2020
- Is antifa asking people to disguise themselves as Trump supporters? It appears to be a 2017 hoax, recycled - OregonLive - October 23rd, 2020
- America Speaks: What is a bigger threat to America - white supremacy or antifa? - YouGov US - October 23rd, 2020
- Realtor and son of former Democrat lawmaker charged over Antifa firebombings and assault - The Post Millennial - October 23rd, 2020
- Lawyers Say Philly Officials Are Partaking In 'Italophobia' By Allowing Antifa to Target Them - YC - October 23rd, 2020
- Another week of wildfire smoke. But it's not because of antifa. - KUOW News and Information - September 15th, 2020
- No evidence for rumor that Antifa cut down utility poles to start fires on the West Coast - PolitiFact - September 15th, 2020
- 'Antifa Alyse' has you covered with this bail list for Black Lives Matter rioters - Must Read Alaska - September 15th, 2020
- Right-Wing Conspiracists Linked Antifa to the Wildfires. Then They Got a Big Boost From Russian Media. - Mother Jones - September 15th, 2020
- Facebook to take down false reports of antifa arson in Oregon - NBC News - September 15th, 2020
- VERIFY: No, Antifa did not start the wildfires in Oregon - KGW.com - September 15th, 2020
- Rumors of blazes started by antifa spreading as fast as fires - The Spokesman-Review - September 15th, 2020
- Sheriff says its unlikely antifa started Cold Springs Fire - wenatcheeworld.com - September 15th, 2020
- Antifa and BLM protest in Poughkeepsie - Mid-Hudson News - September 15th, 2020
- 'Let's be real': Lemon reacts to Trump causing panic over Antifa - CNN - September 15th, 2020
- Posts on social media are blaming antifa and the Proud Boys for the US wildfires. Firefighters, police and the FBI say it isn't true - ABC News - September 15th, 2020
- Bernie Kerik says DOJ must put an end to BLM, Antifa: This is an anti-government movement - Fox News - September 15th, 2020
- And Tomorrow the Entire World review German antifa drama skewers left and right - The Guardian - September 15th, 2020
- When They Came To An Oregon Town To Take Pictures Of The Fires, Armed Locals Thought They Were Antifa Arsonists - BuzzFeed News - September 15th, 2020
- Will Antifa and Black Lives Matter cancel the Biden-Harris ticket? - Washington Times - September 15th, 2020
- Did Antifa and BLM do the RICO? - KCRW - September 15th, 2020
- What Is Antifa? Mostly a Myth - Progressive.org - September 4th, 2020
- Fact check: Antifa.com does redirect to Joebiden.com, but this is not proof of a link between the two - Reuters - September 4th, 2020
- Devin Nunes May Be Trump's 'Person' Who Witnessed the Antifa Plane 'Firsthand' - The Daily Beast - September 4th, 2020
- Rantz: Trump goes to war with organized Seattle Antifa and agitators - MyNorthwest.com - September 4th, 2020
- Right-wing extremists far greater threat than antifa, says former DHS senior official - Yahoo! Voices - September 4th, 2020
- Antifa threatened to burn down Portland apartment building, set fire to police office - The Post Millennial - August 9th, 2020
- Congress to Hold Hearing on Antifa Violence - National Review - August 9th, 2020
- Homeland Security Is Quietly Tying Antifa to Foreign Powers - The Nation - August 9th, 2020
- Social media rumor of militant gathering in Weatherford draws more than 200 counterprotesters - The Dallas Morning News - August 9th, 2020
- Cruz, ahead of Antifa hearing, describes riots in US cities as organized terror attacks - Fox News - August 9th, 2020
- No positive light on ANTIFA | Letters to the Editor | citizensvoice.com - Wilkes-Barre Citizens Voice - August 9th, 2020
- Was this antifa recruitment site actually created by Ben Shapiro? - The Daily Dot - August 9th, 2020
- Trump on Fox News pushes conspiracy theory that George Soros is funding Antifa - Haaretz - August 9th, 2020
- WWE Reveals Antifa-Type Group, and Fans Are Confused and Mad - PopCulture.com - August 9th, 2020
- (OPINION) Riots, Mayhem, Obstructionism, and Existential Threats - News Talk 1340 KROC-AM - August 9th, 2020
- Our country is at a turning point in terms of police protection | News, Sports, Jobs - Gloversville Leader-Herald - August 9th, 2020
- Letters to the editor: August 8, 2020 - Opinion - Austin American-Statesman - August 9th, 2020
- GWU law prof: Antifa is winning, colleges are helping - Campus Reform - August 8th, 2020
- Retribution Arrive on Smackdown, Vandalize Ring in Hoodies and Masks - Bleeding Cool News - August 8th, 2020
- Are Armed Antifa Coming to Austin This Weekend? - Heavy.com - August 8th, 2020
- Doxxieland: Unmasking the Racist Resistance - Bayou Brief - August 8th, 2020
- FBI has opened 300 'domestic terror' investigations as a result of riots, attorney tells Capitol hearing on... - Fox News - August 8th, 2020
- Tough Guy Antifa Bomber Arrested After His Trump-Loving Grandma Turns Him In - The Union Journal - August 7th, 2020
- They Held a Hearing So Ted Cruz Could Say 'Antifa' a Bunch on C-SPAN - Esquire - August 7th, 2020
- Page A4 | E-Edition | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - August 7th, 2020
- They Held a Hearing So Ted Cruz Could Say 'Antifa' a Bunch on C-SPAN - Esquire.com - August 7th, 2020
- Right-wing extremists kill 329 people since 1994, antifa have killed none - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 7th, 2020
- Trump badly miscalculated in Portland and even he knows it - The Guardian - August 7th, 2020
- Anti-Trump messages, BLM and Antifa references spray-painted in Lansing - WLNS - August 6th, 2020
- ANTIFA.COM | Join Us & Take Action Now - August 5th, 2020
- What or Who is Antifa? - August 5th, 2020
- Antifa Is Mostly Made Up Of Privileged White Dudes - August 5th, 2020
- Cruzs antifa hearing erupts in sniping as Dems accuse him of giving Trump cover for abusive tactics - The Dallas Morning News - August 5th, 2020
- Communist ISIS Antifa: Homeland Security's Confused Pursuit of Pro-Kurdish Americans - The National Interest - August 5th, 2020
- Cruz's antifa hearing erupts in sniping as Democrats accuse him of giving Trump cover for abusive tactics - Newsbug.info - August 5th, 2020
- Left-wing journalist alerts Antifa to Andy Ngo's location, then they try to blind him with lasers - The Post Millennial - August 5th, 2020