Cris Cyborg: Dana White 'will find another problem to keep me out of the UFC

Cris Cyborg has decided to fire back at Dana White.

The UFC president bashed Invicta FCs featherweight champion for testing positive for steroids in the past during a media luncheon and went on saying that she looked like Wanderlei Silva. Cyborg, whos booked to fight Jorina Baars under muay Thai rules for the inaugural Lion Fight welterweight title in Las Vegas, Nevada, on March 28, decided to take that as a motivation.

"Im already used to being a target, so Im building a castle with the stones people throw at me," Cyborg told MMAFighting.com. "Dana just threw one of the many are yet to come.

"Love me or hate me, its all in my favor. If you love me, Ill always be in your heart. If you hate me, Ill always be in your mind."

White believes Cyborg "committed professional suicide" by having Tito Ortiz as her manager. Ortiz is out of the picture now, but she doesnt believe it makes her way to the Octagon any easier.

"Thats a tough question," said Cyborg when asked if White will sign her now that Ortiz is not her manager. "Im sure (White) will find another problem."

"Tito Ortiz and I, in that short time that we worked together, we created a very nice connection," she continued. "We became a family. I learned many things from him as he must also have learned from me. We talked as friends, and a good friend always wants your best.

"Since we started working he always made clear that he wanted to take care of my future, and many people wouldnt have done what he did now. Well still continue as a family, and thats the most important."

Cyborg, who tested positive for stanozolol in her final fight for Strikeforce in 2011, also questioned Whites criticism towards her, since several UFC fighters have tested positive for banned substances and keep fighting in the Octagon.

"I dont think (the criticism) is unfair, I think its a joke," she said. "How many (fighters) were caught in the UFC? Its easier to point a finger to an athlete that fights for other promotion. Have you ever seen someone shoot at their own foot?"

See more here:

Cris Cyborg: Dana White 'will find another problem to keep me out of the UFC

Jeff Wagenheim: Mailbag: Why Ronda Rousey-Cris Justino fight makes sense for UFC

Has the undefeated Ronda Rousey already run out of viable opponents in the UFC?

Jeff Gross/Getty Images

"If Ronda Rousey successfully defends against Sara McMann and Cat Zingano, she might be good for one more fight in 2014. It almost assuredly won't be against Cris 'Cyborg' Justino."

That was some blustery know-it-all pontificating recently on the possibility that this year might produce the biggest fight in the history of women's mixed martial arts. OK, yeah, the windbag was yours truly, answering a question in the last SI.com MMA mailbag. That was a little over a month ago, and many e-mails, tweets, birthday cards and ransom notes have come this way since then. But before we get to any of those, allow me to revisit, rethink, and revise.

Over the past two weeks, some new developments in the Rowdy Ronda vs. Cyborg saga have conspired to turn me into a flip-flopper on the magnitude of [fill in the name of your least-favorite politician]. First, Dana White whipping boy Tito Ortiz stepped aside as Justino's manager, eliminating one of the UFC president's excuses for not wanting to get in the "Cyborg" business. Then, last Friday night -- 24 hours before Rousey was to step into the octagon to face McMann -- Justino appeared on the AXS TV show Inside MMA and removed some more obstacles. No longer would she insist on a catchweight meeting, a middle ground between her 145-pound fighting weight and Rousey's 135. Now the Brazilian was willing to cut down to 135 pounds, she told the UFC champ, in order "to retire you like I did Gina Carano."

Justino covered a lot of bases in her brassy statement, even acknowledging her own anabolic steroid-tainted resume by saying she'd agree to be tested every week in the leadup to the fight. She also addressed the much-mocked Ortiz claim that Justino would die if she had to cut to 135, saying that it actually was her doctor's recommendation that she not spend the rest of her career at that weight. "I will still listen to my doctor's advice," she said, "and fight no more than three times at 135: First to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass, and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasn't luck."

Now that's an in-your-face call-out that even "Rowdy" Ronda would be proud of.

And it's one that the UFC must take seriously. Rousey has yet to face a severe test and is running out of options. Nine fights, nine victories, all finishes, eight of them in the first round. McMann, who like Rousey has Olympic medalist credibility, was supposed to be the toughest challenge yet, and in a way she was, using her wrestling acumen to keep the fight standing and out of armbar range. But she sure was within range of Rousey's left knee, which crumbled McMann with a liver shot barely a minute in. Next?

WAGENHEIM: Rousey shows range in win at UFC 170

The UFC has the drive and creativity to pump air into even the saggiest fight -- hell, just last weekend the promotion made a guy from Starbucks sound like a star -- but it's becoming increasingly difficult to make a credible case for anyone it sticks in the cage with Rousey. Zingano has earned a title shot, and if she's recovered from her knee injury in time, she should get it this summer. What do you expect to happen in that fight? Yeah, me, too.

See the article here:

Jeff Wagenheim: Mailbag: Why Ronda Rousey-Cris Justino fight makes sense for UFC

Reno Series 1.40 – Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto – Installation of Patio Door – Video


Reno Series 1.40 - Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto - Installation of Patio Door
This is the 40th of our video series on renovation / new building. We #39;ll show you how these houses were prepared for resale. See our website http://myrealest...

By: My Real Estate Girls

View original post here:

Reno Series 1.40 - Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto - Installation of Patio Door - Video

Reno Series 1.74- Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto – Porch Deck Finally Finished – Video


Reno Series 1.74- Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto - Porch Deck Finally Finished
This is the 74th of our video series on renovation / new building. We #39;ll show you how these houses were prepared for resale. See our website http://myrealest...

By: My Real Estate Girls

Read the original:

Reno Series 1.74- Upper Beaches Semi, Toronto - Porch Deck Finally Finished - Video

York selectmen put topic of beach ownership on hold until March 10

February 25, 2014 2:00 AM

YORK, Maine The issue of ownership of York's beaches attracted a roomful of residents and media Monday night, but the Board of Selectmen deferred discussing action until it meets with the town attorney at the board's next meeting on March 10.

The meeting to address Chairman Ron Nowell's assertion that the only way to protect York's beaches from private interests is for the town to buy them, may or may not be in a closed session, according to comments made by two of the board members.

Selectman Torbert Macdonald said meeting in executive session is allowed under the state's Right to Know law for the purpose of property acquisition, while Nowell disagreed, saying he didn't believe it was a reason for meeting behind closed doors.

Macdonald said, "I would say the situation we're in ... the more we talk in public ... the more we undercut our own competitive position."

Other selectmen were upset with Nowell for attracting media attention with his comments to buy the beach, prior to bringing the issue to them in a public meeting.

"We're starting to govern again by newspaper articles and television cameras," Selectwoman Mary Andrews said.

"Guilty on all counts," Nowell said.

Selectwoman Kinley Gregg said she didn't know why Nowell would make inflammatory comments.

"Sorry it bothers you, but tough luck," Nowell said.

Continued here:

York selectmen put topic of beach ownership on hold until March 10

York selectmen put beach ownership on hold

Today's most viewed articles

February 24, 2014 11:04 PM

YORK, Maine The issue of ownership of Yorks beaches attracted a roomful of residents and media Monday night, but the Board of Selectmen deferred discussing action until it meets with the town attorney at the boards next meeting on March 10.

The meeting to address Chairman Ron Nowells assertion that the only way to protect Yorks beaches from private interests is for the town to buy them, may or may not be in a closed session, according to comments made by two of the board members.

Selectman Torbert Macdonald said meeting in executive session is allowed under the states Right to Know law for the purpose of property acquisition, while Nowell disagreed, saying he didnt believe it was a reason for meeting behind closed doors.

Macdonald said, I would say the situation were in ... the more we talk in public ... the more we undercut our own competitive position.

Other selectmen were upset with Nowell for attracting media attention with his comments to buy the beach, prior to bringing the issue to them in a public meeting.

Were starting to govern again by newspaper articles and television cameras, Selectwoman Mary Andrews said.

Guilty on all counts, Nowell said.

Selectwoman Kinley Gregg said she didnt know why Nowell would make inflammatory comments.

Read more from the original source:

York selectmen put beach ownership on hold