Goji berries are fairly new to the Western world, but theyve actually been around for more than 2,000 years. Legend claims they were favored by monks who lived high in the Himalayan mountains. Steeped in water, these miraculous berries were reputed to help in meditation and deliver health, energy, vitality and longevity to those who consumed them. Who doesnt want that?
The Chinese called them wolfberry fruit, and used them for their medicinal properties since around 200 B.C. Their benefits are detailed in the oldest known book on Chinese medicine, which records the medicinal knowledge and practices of the mythical Chinese emperor, Shen Nong.
The myriad of reputed attributes of goji berries have persisted through the centuries and withstood the scrutiny of science. We now know that goji berries which boast plenty of fiber, an abundance of antioxidants and more than 20 different vitamins and minerals can naturally treat all sorts of health concerns.
Goji berries are loaded with antioxidants, whose claim to fame is their ability to neutralize free radicals those un-neighborly molecules that, missing an ion, attack nearby molecules to steal one.
Of course, that leaves a robbed molecule with an uneven number of ions, turning it into another free radical and launching a frenzied, destructive chain reaction of molecule attacks.
Because free radical damage is a major cause of aging and disease, antioxidants are essential for good health and longevity. The goji berry is rich in health-promoting, antioxidant carotenoids: beta-carotene, lycopene, beta-cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lutein.
The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) table measures the antioxidant value of fruits and vegetables. The ORAC shows one ounce of goji berry juice has 10 times more free-radical destroying ability than most other fruits and vegetables. Comparatively, goji berries outstrip oranges for vitamin C, carrots for beta carotene and steak for iron. They have four times more potassium than bananas, and theyre loaded with vitamin C and zinc, both powerful health protectors.
The goji berrys ORAC score puts it in the same class as other superhero, super fruits such as Acai berries, Hawaiian Noni and Mangosteen.
Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals (zinc, iron, calcium selenium and phosphorus) and five unsaturated fatty acids (including linoleic and alpha-linolenic acids).
The antioxidants found in goji berries may protect you not only against free radicals but also against oxidative stress and inflammation (the damage free radicals cause). The vitamin C content of goji berries not only helps the common cold but helps wrinkled and sagging skin, cholesterol, blood flow, blood sugar plus, heart, cell and eye health.
Carotenoids convert to vitamin A, which boosts your immune system, eye health and helps build strong bones and teeth.
By preventing damage from UV light exposure and free radicals, the antioxidants zeaxanthin and lutein protect against age-related blindness.
The power of goji berry juice can protect your skin from free radical damage caused by sun exposure. It even provides photoprotection for those who are vulnerable to developing diseases of the skin.
Combined with a healthy diet, goji berries provide a natural approach to blood sugar by helping insulin. For people with blood sugar concerns, dried goji berries provide a preferable snack alternative to high-sugar processed foods.
Goji berries also improve liver and kidney detoxification, energy levels and fertility.
Want more? This super fruit can help support weight loss, boost energy levels, increase your resistance to fatigue, improve focus, strengthen your immune system and enhance sleep quality.
The next time you want a snack, pass on the potato chips and give your body a bonanza of health benefits by choosing dried goji berries. Or get your antioxidant boost every day by taking a high-quality supplement like Peak ResV+ Superfruits. It contains, not only Goji berry but Resveratrol, Acai, Hawaiian Noni, Mangosteen and six other super fruit, superheroes.
Sources: Axe, J. Goji Berry Benefits: Antioxidant & Anti-Inflammatory Superfruit. Dr.Axe.com. draxe.com/ goji-berry-benefits.
Benefits of Goji Berries: The Chinese Longevity Fruit. Antioxidants-for-Health-and-Longevity. antioxidants-for-health-and-longevity.com/benefits-of-goji-berries.html.
Chinese Wolfberry Benefits & Doses. SFGate. healthyeating.sfgate.com/chinese-wolfberry-benefits-doses-8671.html.
Rupavate, S. 15 ways Vitamin C keeps you healthy and fit! The Health Site. thehealthsite.com/fitness/health-benefits-of-vitamin-c-sh214/. Aug. 3, 2015
. Bookmark the
Read more from the original source:
World's oldest super fruit delivers super anti-aging protection - Personal Liberty Digest
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart - Anti Aging News - September 8th, 2017
- Secret to reversing aging? Think again - The Korea Herald - September 8th, 2017
- 10 Ways To Stay Healthy Going Into Fall With Dr. Calapai - LATF USA - September 6th, 2017
- Amazing Thailand Health and Wellness Tourism Showcase 2017 promotes Kingdoms Holistic Paradise - eTurboNews - September 6th, 2017
- New class of drugs targets aging to help keep you healthy - CNN - September 5th, 2017
- Singing May Be Good Medicine for Parkinson's Patients - Anti Aging News - September 4th, 2017
- New Study Shows Gut Bacteria Produces Secret, Anti-Aging Molecules - Wall Street Pit - September 4th, 2017
- Balance and Gait Problems can be Improved using Avatars - Anti Aging News - August 31st, 2017
- White Lotus Products Available on CompleteBeautyStore.com - Benzinga - August 31st, 2017
- Discovery of a New Compound Turns on a Longevity Gene in Mice - Anti Aging News - August 31st, 2017
- A Potential Anti-Aging Pill Promises to Extend Life For 5 Cents a Pop - Wall Street Pit - August 27th, 2017
- Philly native discusses the 'Allure' of anti-aging to movie star super-heroines - Philly.com - August 27th, 2017
- Metformin could be the first FDA approved antiaging drug - Next Big Future - August 27th, 2017
- TAT Holds Global Medical Tourism Event: "Amazing Thailand Health and Wellness Tourism Showcase 2017 ... - Benzinga - August 18th, 2017
- Media's Anti-Aging Agenda without the Benefit of Scientific Evidence, Fact or Common Sense - Anti Aging News - August 18th, 2017
- TAT holds global medical tourism event: "Amazing Thailand Health and Wellness Tourism Showcase 2017," focusing ... - Markets Insider - August 18th, 2017
- Anti-Aging Approaches - Harvard Magazine - August 15th, 2017
- Introducing CoolSculpting, the World's Most Popular Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Treatment, in Glen Allen, VA at ... - PR Web (press release) - August 15th, 2017
- Stimulating Stem Cells to Encourage Hair Growth - Anti Aging News - August 15th, 2017
- David Steenblock Offers Beauty, Anti-Aging and Wellness in One Therapy - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Empire Medical Training Calendar Updates for August - Markets Insider - August 11th, 2017
- Green Tea Boosts Memory, Combats Obesity - Anti Aging News - August 4th, 2017
- Anti-aging medicine group says field isn't 'controversial' - FierceHealthcare - August 4th, 2017
- Protein at All 3 Meals May Help Preserve Seniors' Strength - The Sentinel - August 4th, 2017
- Do these 4 natural anti-aging alternatives work? - Fox News - August 3rd, 2017
- Doug Brooks returns to Parkersburg as a physician - Parkersburg News - August 2nd, 2017
- AI Is Helping This Anti-Aging Startup Uncover Ways for You to Live a Longer, Healthier Life - Futurism - August 2nd, 2017
- Trump's CDC Pick Peddled 'Anti-Aging' Medicine to Her Gynecologic Patients - New York Magazine - July 11th, 2017
- Vitals - Axios - July 11th, 2017
- Mega NFC Medical10: Beauty- and Anti-Aging Laureate Celebrates Fifth Anniversary - Digital Journal - July 11th, 2017
- Human Lifespan Evidence Now Being Challenged - Anti Aging News - July 3rd, 2017
- Broccoli Battles Diabetes - Anti Aging News - July 3rd, 2017
- Best anti-aging foods you should be eating - Bel Marra Health - July 2nd, 2017
- Forget the Blood of Teens. This Pill Promises to Extend Life for a Nickel a Pop. - WIRED - July 2nd, 2017
- How to keep skin looking young? We asked the experts - Los Angeles Times - July 2nd, 2017
- The Connection Between Chronic Illness, Cortisol, And Sleep - Information Nigeria - June 30th, 2017
- Agenda Announced for 2017 MedTech Impact Expo & Conference in Las Vegas - GlobeNewswire (press release) - June 29th, 2017
- Crutchfield Dermatology Foundation Awards the Khalid Mahmud MD Outstanding Student Scholarship at the High ... - Benzinga - June 28th, 2017
- Palm Springs Life - Palm Springs Life - June 28th, 2017
- Crutchfield Dermatology Foundation Awards the Khalid Mahmud MD Outstanding Student Scholarship at the High ... - PR Web (press release) - June 27th, 2017
- 4 Natural Skin-Care Ingredients That'll Transform Your Skin - Allure Magazine - June 27th, 2017
- Cryotherapy: Is it the coolest thing in sports medicine? - San Francisco Chronicle - June 25th, 2017
- Dr. Vincent Giampapa's Global Foundation for Human Aging Research Donates $50000 to The Sinclair Lab at Harvard ... - PR Newswire (press release) - June 23rd, 2017
- Longer Life Span with Genetic Mutation - Anti Aging News - June 21st, 2017
- Tim Ferriss Reveals the Anti-Aging Secrets You Must Know - Men's Health - June 21st, 2017
- Longer Life Span with Genetic Mutation | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging ... - Anti Aging News - June 21st, 2017
- Empire Medical Training Attends the AANP 2017 National ... - Benzinga - June 20th, 2017
- Potential anti-aging Cardax Astaxanthin compound selected for NIH research - UH System Current News - June 20th, 2017
- Health Risks of Sleeping in on Weekends - Anti Aging News - June 16th, 2017
- Are All Calories the Same? - SELF - June 16th, 2017
- Fennel Reduces Postmenopause Symptoms - Anti Aging News - June 14th, 2017
- Inside Ambrosia: Could infusions of millennial blood make you young again? Scientists have doubts. - Mic - June 14th, 2017
- A Top Dermatologist Weighs in on Miranda Kerr's Leech Facial - NewBeauty Magazine (blog) - June 14th, 2017
- Chinese Medicine is Using Donkey Skins to Boost Libidoand Africa's Animals Are at Risk - Newsweek - June 14th, 2017
- Living long and living well: Is it possible to do both? - Medical Xpress - Medical Xpress - June 11th, 2017
- Carotid Artery Gives Away Human Biological Age - Bioscience Technology - June 11th, 2017
- Can You Actually Die From Too Much Caffeine? - BOSS Magazine - June 8th, 2017
- Living long and living well: Is it possible to do both? - ScienceBlog.com (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- Essential Science: Methylene Blue as an anti-aging treatment - Digital Journal - June 5th, 2017
- IBM's Watson - Best Doctor In The World? - Anti Aging News - June 2nd, 2017
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI) have been - PR Newswire UK (press release) - June 2nd, 2017
- Antibody Fights Fat, Fires up Metabolism - Anti Aging News - June 1st, 2017
- Surgery Is No Longer Your Only Option! - The Clermont News Leader - May 31st, 2017
- Aesthetic Medicine: 5 top trends at the AMWC - Premium beauty - May 30th, 2017
- How Biotech Will Make Us Live Longer - Let's Talk Anti-Aging - Labiotech.eu (blog) - May 25th, 2017
- Anti-Aging Medicine & Hormone Replacement CME - May 24th, 2017
- Balance Your Mind and Body with a Natural Approach to Anti-Aging - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- Connect Medical Will Launch in Cincinnati in October - TSNN Trade Show News (blog) - May 23rd, 2017
- Curbing Calories Slows Aging | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News - Anti Aging News - May 23rd, 2017
- Flower Pesticides Linked to Neurological Problems - Anti Aging News - May 23rd, 2017
- Resveratrol May Benefit Diabetics' Cardiovascular Health - Anti Aging News - May 22nd, 2017
- A Yogurt a Day May Keep Disorders at Bay - Anti Aging News - May 21st, 2017
- Promise Rejuvenation Center cuts ribbon at Palm Ridge Plaza in The Villages - Villages-News - May 20th, 2017
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Introduces New Podcast: Redefining Medicine - Markets Insider - May 18th, 2017
- 3-D Printed Ovaries Restore Fertility - Anti Aging News - May 18th, 2017
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Introduces New Podcast: Redefining Medicine - Marketwired (press release) - May 17th, 2017
- Heart Attack Risk Raised by Respiratory Infections - Anti Aging News - May 17th, 2017
- Actor Antonio Sabato Touting Hormone Therapy - Newsmax - May 17th, 2017
- Dr. Manjula Raguthu is recognized by Continental Who's Who - MilTech - May 17th, 2017
- White Lotus Products Arrive on NPIBeauty.com - PR Web (press release) - May 15th, 2017