Agencies spend too much time doing manual work.
One of the biggest time sucks? Transferring data files between enterprise systems that dont talk to each other.
Max Cheprasov, now an exec at the Dentsu Aegis holding company level, recognized these inefficiencies while working at Dentsu agency iProspect starting in 2011. He set out to document and standardize processes while outsourcing inefficient tasks so that employees could focus more on strategic client work.
Eventually, he brought artificial intelligence into the agencys workflows, specifically natural language processing and machine learning, which helped accelerate the ability to interpret data, derive insights and generate reports.
By 2017, automation made iProspect the most profitable agency within Dentsu and Cheprasov was promoted to chief automation officer in order to scale his vision across the network. He drafted an eight-year plan, through 2025, with the ultimate goal of integrating AI wherever possible.
The opportunities are limitless, he said. AI and automation should be injected in every process and workflow.
By automating mundane tasks, AI helps agencies deliver work and insights to their clients faster.
When filling out RFPs, for example, teams often spend weeks on 50-page documents that are chock full of standard questions. But by partnering with workflow automation platform Catalytic, Cheprasovs team employed AI to fill out standard information on every RFP automatically. Subject matter experts then look over the answers and tweak them where necessary.
That process condensed the time it takes to fill out an RFP from weeks to several minutes, Cheprasov said.
Dentsu also uses Catalytic to automate campaign reporting so that agencies can deliver insights to clients quicker and more frequently. The platform automates tedious work, such as transferring and validating data files and uploading them into billing systems, thereby reducing manual effort by between 65% and 95%.
Data collection, processing and reformatting should be automated, because its a horrible use of peoples time, said Sean Chou, CEO of Catalytic.
In late 2017, Dentsu first began rolling out its strategy in Japan, where it identified 900 processes that were ripe for automation. The system is now also in place in the United States and Brazil, and markets across Europe and other parts of Asia are starting to get involved.
Today, Dentsu is exploring how to use AI to build automated processes for agency workflows that havent been documented before. Using computer vision and natural language processing, Cheprasovs team can analyze keystrokes to create process maps that it can later automate.
Its a good baseline for what people do, how they do it and how it should be redesigned, he said.
Dentsus long-term goal is to arm all of its employees with a virtual assistant, accessible through a conversational interface, that can carry out manual tasks and tap into a central brain, where all of the agencys processes live. To do that, Dentsu will train staff to use low-code or no-code systems, so they can engineer assistants and document new processes on their own.
This could help automate between 30% and 60% of what Dentsu employees currently spend their time on.
Stats like that can be scary for agency employees, but Cheprasovs goal is not to do away with jobs.
Mind-numbing tasks are generally spread across roles, rather than comprising a single persons entire job, and a lot of this grunt work has already been sent offshore in any case.
The mission is to elevate human potential, Cheprasov said, not to eliminate it.
See original here:
- Defense Official Calls Artificial Intelligence the New Oil - Department of Defense - October 19th, 2020
- Can Artificial Intelligence Help Students Work Better Together? According to Research, the Answer is Yes. - WPI News - October 19th, 2020
- AI that scans a construction site can spot when things are falling behind - MIT Technology Review - October 19th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence gets real in the OR - Modern Healthcare - October 19th, 2020
- 4 AI Stocks That Will Surge in 2021 as Artificial Intelligence Takes Hold - Investorplace.com - October 19th, 2020
- Pimloc gets $1.8M for its AI-based visual search and redaction tool - TechCrunch - October 19th, 2020
- IoT trends continue to push processing to the edge for artificial intelligence (AI) - Urgent Communications - October 19th, 2020
- Companies Work on AI-Based Sensors, Weapons for Use in Image Processing, Target Identification - ExecutiveBiz - October 19th, 2020
- The grim fate that could be 'worse than extinction' - BBC News - October 19th, 2020
- Facebook to use artificial intelligence in bid to improve renewable energy storage - CNBC - October 19th, 2020
- NVIDIA Releases a $59 Jetson Nano 2GB Kit to Make AI More Accessible to Developers - InfoQ.com - October 19th, 2020
- Top tech trends for 2021: Gartner predicts hyperautomation, AI and more will dominate business technology - TechRepublic - October 19th, 2020
- Go Beyond Artificial Intelligence: Why Your Business Needs Augmented Intelligence - Forbes - October 19th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Cold War on the horizon - POLITICO - October 19th, 2020
- Total partners with Google to deploy AI-powered solar energy tool - The Hindu - October 19th, 2020
- The state of AI in 2020: democratization, industrialization, and the way to artificial general intelligence - ZDNet - October 1st, 2020
- Daily AI Roundup: The 5 Coolest Things On Earth Today - AiThority - October 1st, 2020
- AIOps uses AI, automation to boost security - MIT Technology Review - October 1st, 2020
- Turning AI onto itself: AI algorithm detects when medical images will be difficult for radiologists or AI to make an effective diagnosis - PRNewswire - October 1st, 2020
- How AI will revolutionize manufacturing - MIT Technology Review - October 1st, 2020
- Will AI cross the proverbial chasm? Algorithmia resolves the practical pitfalls of machine learning - ZDNet - October 1st, 2020
- AI is for the Birds in a New Computer Science Project | Newsroom - UC Merced University News - October 1st, 2020
- This AI Generates Photos Using Only Text Captions as a Guide - PetaPixel - October 1st, 2020
- 9 Soft Skills Every Employee Will Need In The Age Of Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Forbes - October 1st, 2020
- VMware and Nvidia make the power of AI accessible to every enterprise - SiliconANGLE News - October 1st, 2020
- What investment trends reveal about the global AI landscape - Brookings Institution - October 1st, 2020
- The North America artificial intelligence in healthcare diagnosis market is projected to reach from US$ 1,716.42 million in 2019 to US$ 32,009.61... - October 1st, 2020
- Industry VoicesAI doesn't have to replace doctors to produce better health outcomes - FierceHealthcare - October 1st, 2020
- Inside the Army's futuristic test of its battlefield artificial intelligence in the desert - C4ISRNet - October 1st, 2020
- Admiral Seguros Is The First Spanish Insurer To Use Artificial Intelligence To Assess Vehicle Damage - PRNewswire - October 1st, 2020
- Will artificial intelligence have a conscience? - TechTalks - October 1st, 2020
- Global AI in Asset Management Market By Technology, By Deployment Mode, By Application, By End User, By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 -... - October 1st, 2020
- Why Artificial Intelligence Should Be on the Menu this Season - FSR magazine - October 1st, 2020
- Banner Health is the first to bring AI to stroke care in Phoenix - AZ Big Media - October 1st, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence What it is and why it matters | SAS - September 6th, 2020
- What Is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? | PCMag - September 6th, 2020
- What is AI? Everything you need to know about Artificial ... - September 6th, 2020
- How AI will automate cybersecurity in the post-COVID world - VentureBeat - September 6th, 2020
- 3 Predictions For The Role Of Artificial Intelligence In Art And Design - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- This know-it-all AI learns by reading the entire web nonstop - MIT Technology Review - September 6th, 2020
- Diffbot attempts to create smarter AI that can discern between fact and misinformation - The Financial Express - September 6th, 2020
- MQ-9 Reaper Flies With AI Pod That Sifts Through Huge Sums Of Data To Pick Out Targets - The Drive - September 6th, 2020
- The fourth generation of AI is here, and its called Artificial Intuition - The Next Web - September 6th, 2020
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Workspaces - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- Catalyst of change: Bringing artificial intelligence to the forefront - The Financial Express - September 6th, 2020
- We May Be Losing The Race For AI With China: Bob Work - Breaking Defense - September 6th, 2020
- These students figured out their tests were graded by AI and the easy way to cheat - The Verge - September 6th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence expert moves to Montreal because it's an AI hub - Montreal Gazette - September 6th, 2020
- 3 Ways Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming The Energy Industry - OilPrice.com - September 6th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Guide the Future of Agriculture - Growing Produce - September 6th, 2020
- Carrboro startup Tanjo to leverage its AI platform to help with NC's reopening - WRAL Tech Wire - September 6th, 2020
- A voice-over artist asks: Will AI take her job? - WHYY - September 6th, 2020
- Engineer-turned-photographer eyes switch to digital field with AI skills - The Straits Times - September 6th, 2020
- Management AI: Matching AI Models To Business Needs, Unsupervised Learning, Customer Segmentation, And Association - Forbes - September 4th, 2020
- Just what can AI in IT operations accomplish? - TechTarget - September 4th, 2020
- AIs Data Hunger Will Drive Intelligence Collection - Breaking Defense - September 4th, 2020
- How to Fight Discrimination in AI - Harvard Business Review - September 4th, 2020
- AR, VR, Autonomy, Automation, Healthcare: Whats Hot In AI Right Now - Forbes - September 4th, 2020
- Loyal Markets on the FX Market and AI Technology - GlobeNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Should Human Perception and Artificial Intelligence be Compared? - Analytics Insight - September 4th, 2020
- Healthcare AI: How one hospital system is using technology to adapt to COVID-19 - TechRepublic - September 4th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence: How realistic is the claim that AI will change our lives? - Bangkok Post - September 4th, 2020
- NASAs impressive new AI can predict when a hurricane intensifies - The Next Web - September 4th, 2020
- A London AI Hub, a Facility Bigger than the Louvre, Are Among the Newest Footprint Expansions in the Life Sciences Industry - BioSpace - September 4th, 2020
- Robotics and AI leaders spearheading the battle with COVID-19 - ShareCafe - September 4th, 2020
- AI enhanced content coming to future Android TVs - Android Authority - September 4th, 2020
- Law and Justice Powered by Artificial Intelligence? It's Already a Reality - JD Supra - September 4th, 2020
- Are China and South Korea quietly dominating AI innovation? - Tech Wire Asia - September 4th, 2020
- Human-centered redistricting automation in the age of AI - Science Magazine - September 4th, 2020
- How AI is being used to socially distance audiences at 'Tenet' and why Netflix is no threat, according to this movie theater chain boss - MarketWatch - September 4th, 2020
- Banks arent as stupid as enterprise AI and fintech entrepreneurs think - TechCrunch - September 4th, 2020
- Building up its AI operations, GSK opens a $13M London hub with plans to woo talent now trekking to Silicon Valley - Endpoints News - September 4th, 2020
- This AI tool helps healthcare workers look after their mental health - The European Sting - September 4th, 2020
- Facebook and NYU use artificial intelligence to make MRI scans four times faster - The Verge - August 18th, 2020
- Too many AI researchers think real-world problems are not relevant - MIT Technology Review - August 18th, 2020
- Reimagining creativity and AI to boost enterprise adoption - TechTarget - August 18th, 2020
- Global AI in Healthcare Diagnosis Market 2020-2027 - AI in Future Epidemic Outbreaks Prediction and Response - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 18th, 2020
- Want to Teach An AI Novelty? First, Teach It Monopoly. Then Throw Out the Rules. - ScienceBlog.com - August 18th, 2020
- AI bias may worsen COVID-19 health disparities for people of color - Healthcare IT News - August 18th, 2020
- No, AI and Big Data Are Not Going to Win the Next Great Power Competition - The Defense Post - August 18th, 2020