NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Americans are witnessing a self-destructive meltdown by the liberal media never seen before as Black and Hispanic Americanshave begun to join the ranks of the Conservative Movement in record numbers. Liberal media now seeks more creative ways to attack conservative Black Americans as the old, tired terms like "Uncle Tom" and "sellout" are no longer effective. Liberal mediaspropensityto target, bully, and intimidate this growing group of non-monolithic thinkers has given way to new, dirtier tactics.
The strategy of the Los Angeles Times and others is a bit bewildering, however. In its recent attack on Black American and California gubernatorial candidate, Larry Elder, it first accused Elder of being "the face of White Supremacy," then came the narrative that he is a "White minstrel dressed in blackface," and finally, because hes a Black conservative, Elder is supposedly incapable of thinking for himself. Larry Elder is not only capable of independent thinking but, as an author, documentarian, and radio host, he is one of the mostrespected"thought leaders" in our countryregardless of race.This is simply unacceptable to the progressive Left and its media cohorts.
Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carsons success as a world-renowned brain surgeon, best-selling author, and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom was not sufficient enough to keep his character and intellect from being attacked.He was accused by the Huffington Post of embracing White Supremacy followed by Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., demeaning insult that he didnt have "the intelligence" to be HUD Secretary.
Condoleezza Rice graduated from University of Denver at 16 years old, was professor of political science at Stanford University, served on the National Security Council for President George W. Bush, was the first Black female to serve as Secretary of State, and the first female to serve as National Security Adviser.
NEWSOM RALLY SPEAKER CALLS LARRY ELDER 'A BLACK FACE ON WHITE SUPREMACY'
However, during her tenure with the Bush administration, John Sylvester, the program director and morning personality on WTDY-AM in Madison, Wisconsin called her "Aunt Jemima." He added that Rice wasnt competent to serve as Secretary of State.
When asked by many in the Black community and conservative critics to apologize, he doubled down by planning a giveaway on his show of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup. "I will apologize to Aunt Jemima," Sylvester told the Associated Press. He also referred to Colin Powell as an "Uncle Tom" at a time Powell was considered by many to be a conservative.
Earlier this year, the progressive Salt Lake Tribune in Utah, shamelessly and unapologetically compared me to the White Supremacist hate group the Ku Klux Klan for bringing attention to the crisis on our southern border.
LARRY ELDER COULD MAKE HISTORY AS CALIFORNIA'S FIRST BLACK GOVERNOR
It was the KKK, during my southern upbringing, that was responsible for lynching thousands of Black Americans. Ironically, this same "woke" paper presently does not employ any BlackAmericans in a leadership role.This hypocrisy is not lost on Black conservatives who the intolerant progressive media attack incessantly.
The present narrative now perpetrated by the LA Times, the Tribune, and others like them beckons us once again to the era of Jim Crow. Then it was acceptedas fact that intelligent, courageous, and articulate voices could only reside within the White race. It was during this era of Jim Crow that I entered the National Football League.
THE TRUMP FACTOR: NEWSOM SPOTLIGHTS FORMER PRESIDENT IN CALIFORNIA GUBERNATORIAL RECALL ELECTION
The New York Jets drafted me in 1973 at a time when integration in professional sports was on an upswing. But it was also a time when certain team positions and leadership honorsrequiringintellectual and thinking skills were set-aside for "White players only." This included Team Captain honors and "leadership" positions such as quarterback, center, middle linebacker, and free safety. These coveted positions were mostly granted only to White NFL players.
It was due to the influence of Al Daviss Oakland Raiders, a culturebuilt solely on meritocracy, that the NFLs prioritiesevolvedmaking this Jim Crow practice impractical. It was finally called out for what it was: racist. During the height of Raiders dominance, it boasted the first Hispanic Coach, Tom Flores, and the first to win a Super Bowl, the first Hispanic quarterback, Jim Plunkett, to earn Super Bowl Most Valuable Player honors, later the first Black Head Coach, Art Shell, and the NFLs firstfemale CEO, Amy Trask.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE OPINION NEWSLETTER
Due to visionaries like Davis and decades of patriotic military leaders who prioritized meritocracy over Affirmative Action, the era of divisive Jim Crow in sports finally ended. Unfortunately, now it is the liberal media, in its desperate quest to belittle conservative Black American men and women, that is once again forcing the narrative of Black intellectual inferiority back into the public forum. These are predominantly White liberal pundits who insinuate that it is impossible for Black Americans to articulate coherent conservative thoughts.This same "soft-bigotry of low expectations" is now being messaged by the Democrat Party.
Whats evident in the race-based attacks on conservative Black Americans is the underlying theme of media outlets like the L.A. Times and the Salt Lake Tribune: intelligent and engaging ideological positions cannot possibly emanate from Black Americans, at least if those thoughts are not in lock-step alignment with their liberal views. If we dare to have an independent thought, the conclusion is there must be a White American pulling the strings. This is the very definition of "Jim Crow" racism.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Unfortunately for the increasingly racist liberal media, the American people have no more tolerance for the intolerant. "We the People" are tired of elitists telling us what and how to think.
If more leaders and visionaries in the mold of Oaklands Al Davis step forward and step up, Americans will soon see a day when the liberal media is rendered obsolete like the Jim Crow laws of the past.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM REP. BURGESS OWENS
View original post here:
- 8 times liberal media tried to ruin Thanksgiving, from ditching turkey to declaring genocide remains on menu - Fox News - November 28th, 2021
- Liberals introduce bill to provide sick pay, ban intimidation of patients and health-care workers - CBC.ca - November 28th, 2021
- Liberal MP crosses the floor to support independent bill for federal integrity commission - The Guardian - November 28th, 2021
- A 20-year spike in inflation could put the bite on the Trudeau Liberals - CBC.ca - November 28th, 2021
- John Rawls and Liberalism's Selective Conscience - The Nation - November 28th, 2021
- Liberal Party members running as independents, community candidates in local elections - The Sydney Morning Herald - November 28th, 2021
- No need for overdevelopment: Labor, Liberal councillors united in opposition to apartment towers - The Sydney Morning Herald - November 28th, 2021
- Harassment on rise in federal bureaucracy - Daily Liberal - November 28th, 2021
- Teen went to Byron bar before vanishing - Daily Liberal - November 28th, 2021
- Liberal dark money juggernaut raises $1.6 billion to flood left-wing groups with cash, tax forms reveal - Fox News - November 27th, 2021
- Justin Trudeau and Liberals inaugurate third term in officeausterity and mass infection at home, militarism and war abroad - WSWS - November 27th, 2021
- John Ivison: Liberals so focused on carbon taxes, they missed the flood coming in the back door - National Post - November 27th, 2021
- Liberal support is disintegrating but barely going to Hanson, Palmer or the LDP - The Spectator Australia - November 27th, 2021
- How Scott Morrison is trashing the Liberal brand - The Canberra Times - November 27th, 2021
- Man pranks conservative radio show by naming a ton of punk bands in his liberal bash - Boing Boing - November 27th, 2021
- NDP, Progressive Conservatives have provincial candidates for Niagara Falls; Liberal candidate to be announced soon - NiagaraFallsReview.ca - November 27th, 2021
- Careers - Liberal Party of Canada - November 25th, 2021
- Is the honeymoon period over for liberal arts in Asia? - Times Higher Education (THE) - November 25th, 2021
- Morrison accuses critics of wanting kangaroo court as Liberal MP crosses floor over integrity bill - The Guardian - November 25th, 2021
- Liberal economists got the memo: Build Back Better couldn't possibly worsen inflation | TheHill - The Hill - November 25th, 2021
- Early signs of Liberal leadership ambitions as Chrystia Freeland biography in works - The Globe and Mail - November 25th, 2021
- Its a bad culture: former Liberal treasurer calls for $200 cap on political donations to boost integrity - The Guardian - November 25th, 2021
- Justice minister urges new 'liberal' Constitution in Turkey | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - November 25th, 2021
- Politics Briefing: Erin O'Toole takes shot at Liberals, avoids internal party issues in caucus speech - The Globe and Mail - November 25th, 2021
- Bengal violence to farm protests: How liberal privilege shapes the way we think about what matters - Firstpost - November 25th, 2021
- Northern Ontario Liberal Anthony Rota re-elected as Speaker of the House of Commons - Globalnews.ca - November 25th, 2021
- Five years of struggle: Liberal backbencher warns national mental health will take time - The Sydney Morning Herald - November 25th, 2021
- Liberal storm over candidates to take on Steggall, Kelly in NSW seats - The Sydney Morning Herald - November 25th, 2021
- Opinion | Woke Went the Way of P.C. and Liberal - The New York Times - November 19th, 2021
- Liberal 'dark-money' behemoth funneled more than $400M in 2020 - Politico - November 19th, 2021
- Former Liberal leader to join forces with Labor veteran in bid to target Morrison ahead of election - The Guardian - November 19th, 2021
- The intellectual rights war on Americas institutions - Vox - November 19th, 2021
- Liberals push to speed up NSW preselections amid frustration at tactics of key Scott Morrison ally - The Guardian - November 19th, 2021
- Liberals to introduce tougher version of bill to ban conversion therapy - CBC.ca - November 19th, 2021
- Michelle Beckley, one of the Texas Houses most liberal members, joins Democratic primary for lieutenant governor - KPRC Click2Houston - November 19th, 2021
- Clock already ticking on Liberal promise to introduce host of bills in first 100 days - CBC.ca - November 19th, 2021
- The India that Vir Das and liberals want and the one they wont talk about - ThePrint - November 19th, 2021
- Britain's establishment has split into two, each convinced it is the underdog - The Economist - November 19th, 2021
- Meet the Liberal team running for Georges River Council - St George and Sutherland Shire Leader - November 19th, 2021
- Statement by Steven Del Duca on the 552nd Anniversary of the Birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji - Ontario Liberal Party - November 19th, 2021
- The Liberals. The shrinking tribe - The Spectator Australia - November 15th, 2021
- Conservatives, NDP demand release of documents linked to 'troubling' claims Clerk of House favoured Liberals - CBC.ca - November 15th, 2021
- China Liberal Receives Recognition and Recommendation by Industry Experts for Its All-in-one Teaching Machine AI-Space - PRNewswire - November 15th, 2021
- What happened to woke: Liberal media blame Republicans for the term's downfall - Fox News - November 15th, 2021
- Clock already ticking on Liberal promise to introduce host of bills in first 100 days - Coast Reporter - November 15th, 2021
- Brad Wall: Nothing progressive about Liberal policies hiking the cost of living - National Post - November 15th, 2021
- Conservatives more effective than liberals on Twitter: study | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis - Asahi Shimbun - November 15th, 2021
- Harvard To Begin To Offer 'Young Liberal Leaders' Scholarship Which Will Grant Up To $100000 In Tuition Reimbursement To Young Democrats - ValueWalk - November 15th, 2021
- Hockey backs former journalist and calls for a contested Liberal preselection in Willoughby - Sydney Morning Herald - November 15th, 2021
- Federal Court dismisses bid to prevent reporting on alleged abuse of public resources - Sydney Morning Herald - November 15th, 2021
- BC Liberal critic Kirkpatrick presses the NDP to stop the clawback of autism funding - Voiceonline.com - November 15th, 2021
- CNN commentators fume after CNN report on Kamala Harris office dysfunction: 'I had to push back heavily' - Fox News - November 15th, 2021
- Garden a focus of William Tyrrell probe - Daily Liberal - November 15th, 2021
- Forbes evacuation order as flood threatens - Daily Liberal - November 15th, 2021
- Single-use plastics to be banned in NSW - Daily Liberal - November 15th, 2021
- The wealthy pay more than their 'fair share' and liberals know it | TheHill - The Hill - November 13th, 2021
- Emily Kaplan On The Rise of the Liberal Latter-day Saints - KUER 90.1 - November 13th, 2021
- Winsome Sears: The latest Black conservative to make liberals nervous | TheHill - The Hill - November 13th, 2021
- Discredited anti-Trump Steele dossier was embraced by liberal media: Here are five of the biggest offenders - Fox News - November 13th, 2021
- Newsweek editor accuses White, affluent liberals of 'using the pain of African Americans' to further goals - Fox News - November 13th, 2021
- Brazil: Bolsonaro joins Liberal Party ahead of 2022 election - DW (English) - November 13th, 2021
- Opinion: F.W. de Klerk was neither a liberal nor a reformer. But he was a pragmatist - The Globe and Mail - November 13th, 2021
- Protesting Alleged Liberal Bias in Higher Ed, Scholars Announce a University of Their Own - EdSurge - November 13th, 2021
- Betsy DeVos: Liberal 'wokeness' will always 'rename, rebrand, or repackage' 'insidious ideas' such as critical race theory to keep them alive - Denver... - November 13th, 2021
- Opinion: That Liberal-NDP deal in full: the NDP agree not to do what they weren't going to do anyway - The Globe and Mail - November 13th, 2021
- Liberal government vows to hire more staff to address veterans' backlog, caseloads - The Globe and Mail - November 13th, 2021
- Joe Concha: Only reason these liberal pundits have a job is to sow division in America - Fox News - November 13th, 2021
- Sen. Josh Hawley claims without evidence that liberals are attacking masculinity - NPR - November 13th, 2021
- Liberal Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Drive On College Campuses Is Becoming A Routine Part Of Hiring, No Evidence That Intellectual Talent Improves -... - November 13th, 2021
- How a grocery store visit highlights voters' fears that Kevin Vuong could be a lame duck MP - CBC.ca - November 13th, 2021
- Liberal media fawns over SNL skit about Goober the Clown who had an abortion when she was 23 - Fox News - November 13th, 2021
- Liberals leaving nuclear's future 'to the market' while other countries bet big - National Post - November 13th, 2021
- Thats ideology: City of Sydney Liberal team take on Moore over bike paths - Sydney Morning Herald - November 13th, 2021
- Rex Murphy: Stephen Harper is right how Liberals are treating the West is inexcusable - National Post - November 13th, 2021
- Talkin' Truthful Trash With Liberals And Conservatives - The Chattanoogan - November 5th, 2021
- The Limits of Liberal Science - The Bulwark - November 5th, 2021
- On abortion, Germany is not as liberal as you may think - Euronews - November 5th, 2021
- Churchill: New York isn't as liberal as everyone thinks - Times Union - November 5th, 2021
- Opinion: Is carbon pricing Liberal policy? For the most part, it's anything but - The Globe and Mail - November 5th, 2021
- Liberal, Green leaders withdraw from COVID commitee as striking health-care workers forced back - Globalnews.ca - November 5th, 2021