On November 11th the discussion on the future of three Erie Catholic parishes takes the next step.
This includes staff and parishioners from Saint Andrew, Saint Paul and Sacred Heart.
We went to Blessed Sacrament Church where the meeting is taking place.
Msgr. Edward Lohse who is the Vicar General at St. Mark Catholic Center said that this is part of an ongoing process to try and find the best way forward.
Blessed Sacrament Church was chosen for the meeting as a neutral site.
Msgr. Lohse said that the meeting focuses on how those parishes envision continuing their mission into the future.
The process actually began in 2019, but COVID forced them to hold off until now.
There has been a central group sort of studying the question, and I think they will have some intentional recommendations because if you are going to have a productive conversation, you have to start the conversation somewhere, said Msgr. Edward Lohse, Vicar General at Saint Mark Catholic Church.
Msgr. Lohse emphasized that no final decision will be made now, just the first chance for parishioners to get together and talk about how to proceed.
What I expect is to just kind of take a poll of the communities where they are at, what they understand of the situations, and the challenges facing them, and getting a better picture for the what am I going to call the steering committee, the Central Team, said Msgr. Lohse.
Msgr. Lohse said that he cant promise any future results as to which places will stay open or not.
We are allowing individual parishes and groups to do their own planning. So the visions arises from them not us, said Msgr. Lohse.
Msgr. Lohse said they insist there should be a widespread involvement and consultation and that anyone who wants to be heard will be.
He said that there will be another meeting in the next couple of weeks with all three parishes.
For news delivered right to you,subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.coms breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists
See more here:
- Column: How will climate change impact the Shuswap? Salmon Arm Observer - Salmon Arm Observer - January 9th, 2022
- What happened to those in poverty with the child tax credit expansion ended? - The Philadelphia Inquirer - January 9th, 2022
- No, colleges and universities are not safe to reopen for in-person learning - WSWS - January 9th, 2022
- 20 Baltimore tech and entrepreneurship leaders offer New Year's resolutions for 2022 - Technical.ly - January 9th, 2022
- I learnt to come out of my shell and be heard - The Standard - January 9th, 2022
- Janssen Takes Multifaceted Approach to Ensuring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in its COVID-19 Vaccine Trial - FiercePharma - January 7th, 2022
- #BizTrends2022: Tourism tribe, let's be more intentional in 2022 - Bizcommunity.com - January 7th, 2022
- Meet Assistant Teaching Professor Terri Tilford: 'I Hope Students Learn From Me the Joy of Learning, How to Effectively Help Others and How to... - January 7th, 2022
- Kennedy Krieger Institute and University Of Maryland receive $2.9 million grant to implement antiracist, trauma-informed training - EurekAlert - January 7th, 2022
- Listening sessions scheduled to hear about health equity within Washington - KXRO Newsradio - January 7th, 2022
- Stations contribute reporting, expand reach of new rural news network - Current - January 7th, 2022
- I was a troubled teen in Pennsylvania whose future was redeemed. More youth need that chance. | Opinion - The Philadelphia Inquirer - January 7th, 2022
- Mapping Teotihuacans Past, Present, and Future - Eos - January 7th, 2022
- The False Promise of Criminal Justice Reform - The Nation - January 7th, 2022
- A Sleeping Giant Awakens (Maybe?) "Environmental" Enforcement Of Title VI Of The Civil Rights Act Of 1964 In The Era Of The Biden... - January 7th, 2022
- Suburban Strength: Columbus Suburbs Are Growing Faster Than the City - Columbus Monthly - January 7th, 2022
- Bethlehem swears in its 14th mayor - lehighvalleylive.com - January 7th, 2022
- Adam Roberge, Phil Gaimon, Ruby West and three others headline new Jukebox Cycling team - VeloNews - January 7th, 2022
- Trailblazing scholar heads to the N.J. Assembly with eye on public access - The Philadelphia Tribune - January 7th, 2022
- The Benefits of International Partnerships - The Foreign Service Journal - January 7th, 2022
- Charah Solutions Partners with Community and National Charitable Organizations Through Its Ongoing Charah Cares Philanthropic Initiative - Yahoo... - December 29th, 2021
- Attracting and retaining talent through culture - National Hog Farmer - December 29th, 2021
- Governor Wolf Responds to Congressional Redistricting Map Proposed by the House State Government Committee - pa.gov - December 29th, 2021
- Struggle against COVID-19 was biggest story of 2021; Year In Review: The first six months of 2021 - News-shield - December 29th, 2021
- She was arrested at a bar, then found hanging in a cell. Police haven't given her family answers. - Stars and Stripes - December 29th, 2021
- Logan University teams with regional health commission for blueprint to fight chronic pain - Chiropractic Economics - December 29th, 2021
- Hope is key to the coming year, beyond - Appalachian News-Express - December 29th, 2021
- Financial Services Industry Year in Review: Regulatory Enforcement and Litigation Trends in 2021 and Beyond - JD Supra - December 29th, 2021
- The Best Burnout Advice People Learned In Therapy In 2021 - HuffPost - December 29th, 2021
- Most popular stories, commentaries and podcasts of 2021 on CatholicReview.org - Catholic Review of Baltimore - December 29th, 2021
- Mohammadu Indimi And The Primacy Of Education - LEADERSHIP NEWS - December 29th, 2021
- You dont teach prejudice by discussing its existence. How to talk to children about race and discrimination. - PBS NewsHour - December 27th, 2021
- Philadelphia promised $68 million in new antiviolence spending. How its going. - The Philadelphia Inquirer - December 27th, 2021
- The opioid and homelessness crisis at Mass. and Cass: whose problem is it? - BU News Service - December 27th, 2021
- How to Build Inclusive Mentoring Programs for the Hybrid Workplace - ATD - December 27th, 2021
- What Makes the Muhammadu Indimi Brand Stand Out? - THISDAY Newspapers - December 27th, 2021
- Q&A: John Dozier on the Strategic Action Plan for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - MIT News - December 27th, 2021
- BAPTIST LIFE: 4 suggestions on building a ministry to children and students - Kentucky Today - December 27th, 2021
- Okayplayers 10 Best Films Of 2021 - Okayplayer - December 27th, 2021
- How the OneTen Coalition is Ensuring Black Talent Without Four-Year Degrees Grow Their Careers - Pittsburgh Magazine - December 27th, 2021
- Tango, contra and other dancing still stalled as other activities have returned to the Upper Valley - Concord Monitor - December 27th, 2021
- Christmas 2021 thoughts and hopes: Editorial Board Roundtable - cleveland.com - December 27th, 2021
- Build Back Better is crucial to boost climate action without leaving coal miners behind | TheHill - The Hill - December 23rd, 2021
- Crisis in the Classroom: Decoding the critical race theory debate - News 5 Cleveland - December 23rd, 2021
- Blackbaud Shows Continued Commitment to Giving Back Around the World - PRNewswire - December 23rd, 2021
- Governor Hochul Signs Legislation to Improve State Response to COVID-19 Pandemic - ny.gov - December 23rd, 2021
- A holiday miracle that comes in a vial | Opinion - nj.com - December 23rd, 2021
- Opinion: Shift Colorado's transportation priorities away from asphalt and toward mass transit - The Colorado Sun - December 23rd, 2021
- Detroit Vesey's Is a New Kind of Inclusive Space For Los Angeles - Eater LA - December 23rd, 2021
- City of Tucson Awarded Phase One Build Back Better Challenge Grant from the Economic Development Administration - Signals AZ - December 23rd, 2021
- Opinion: Friends of public education, its time to speak up - News-Leader - December 23rd, 2021
- Support local businesses this holiday and beyond - AustinTalks - December 23rd, 2021
- Endangered Monk Seal Died Of Gunshot Wound To The Head, Authorities Say - Honolulu Civil Beat - December 23rd, 2021
- Black Artists, Then And Now, On View In Wilmington, Delaware And Philadelphia - Forbes - December 23rd, 2021
- 'Bold, Audacious Goal': Coalition Pushes to Add More Than 1 Million Educators of Color - Education Week - December 23rd, 2021
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Update St. Olaf College - St. Olaf College News - December 23rd, 2021
- The kids are not all right: The urgent need to expand effective behavioral health services for children and youth - Brookings Institution - December 23rd, 2021
- 23 tech leaders on the opportunities that can shape Baltimore's future - Technical.ly - December 23rd, 2021
- Doctrine of Discovery and Its Impact on American Indian and Alaska Native Health Care | Health - nativenewsonline.net - December 23rd, 2021
- Scientists and Laypeople Speak Different Languages. This Funder Wants to Bridge the Gap Inside Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy - December 23rd, 2021
- Mayor Jenny Durkan Announces Recipients of the Neighborhood Economic Recovery Grants - SPD Blotter - December 17th, 2021
- Mayor Bowser Releases the 2022 Green Book, the District's Small Business Enterprise Opportunity Guide | mayormb - Executive Office of the Mayor - December 17th, 2021
- The Redistricting Process Favored the Status Quo, Again. That Needs to Change. Voice of San Diego - Voice of San Diego - December 17th, 2021
- This is America: Santas of color are the most magical part of my Christmas experience. We need more of them. - USA TODAY - December 17th, 2021
- ONE YEAR LATER: A reflection on the anniversary of the first COVID vaccines with CCPHD's Mike Zelek - The Chatham News + Record - December 17th, 2021
- State Redistricting Stalls Amid Standoff Over Tribal Priorities - The Paper - December 17th, 2021
- Army Corps architect creates space for minority youth; earns Black Engineer of the Year Award - United States Army - December 17th, 2021
- 2021 reflections: In an amazing year of achievements, nothing topped the return to campus - UCLA Newsroom - December 17th, 2021
- Social media and small businesses: The good, the bad and the authentic - The Daily Universe - Universe.byu.edu - December 17th, 2021
- Westside Future Fund Receives $750,000 from PNC Foundation for Home on the Westside - PR Web - December 17th, 2021
- Suicide and intentional self-harm - Australian Institute ... - December 13th, 2021
- Nonprofits Want Share of the State Budget Surplus - The NonProfit Times - December 13th, 2021
- Introducing Crain's 2021 Notable Businesses Championing Diversity and Inclusion - Crain's Cleveland Business - December 13th, 2021
- News from the noteworthy: 12-09-21 - AllOTSEGO - December 13th, 2021
- Native New York: Dispelling the Myth of the Sale of Manhattan & More - nativenewsonline.net - December 13th, 2021
- KU Libraries, The Commons to host presentation by author Andrew Hoffman on Jan. 13 | The University of Kansas - KU Today - December 10th, 2021
- 'We failed in being inclusive' | How experts are hoping to reverse lack of diversity in medical research - WUSA9.com - December 10th, 2021
- Walmart and NAACP Join Forces To Create Educational Pathways - CSRwire.com - December 10th, 2021
- The Urgent Imperative For Corporations To Promote Financial Literacy In Communities Of Color - Forbes - December 10th, 2021
- State Budgets Tied to Fossil Fuels Are Slowing the Energy Transition and Leaving Workers and Communities Behind - Center For American Progress - December 10th, 2021