The long arm of Chinas police reaches into other countries where Chinese citizens reside, encouraging them to return to the homeland to face criminal prosecution. The first in the U.S. was New York City. This is reminiscent of Chinas Confucius Centers at universities nationwide that spied on academia. TN Editor
Chinese authorities have opened at least one overseas police service station in the United States as part of the Chinese Communist Partys (CCP) global transnational repression, according to the human rights groupSafeguard Defenders.
These operations eschew official bilateral police and judicial cooperation and violate the international rule of law,and may violate the territorial integrity in third countries involved in setting up a parallel policing mechanism using illegal methods, the Spain-based group said in a recent report.
Thereport, titled 110 Overseas: Chinese Transnational Policing Gone Wild, examined the initiative, which was begun by 10 pilot provinces in 2018. These stations also are called 110 Overseas, named after the countrys police emergency services phone number.
An outpost in New York City was among the first batch of 30 overseas police service stations in 21 countriesset up by the Public Security Bureau in Fuzhou, the capital city of the southern coastal province of Fujian. Other Chinese cities also set up their own outposts abroad.
The Chinese police authorities division in New York opened on Feb. 15, according to Dongnan News, a media outlet backed by the Fujian provincial government. The center, called Fuzhou Police Overseas Service Station, is located at 107 East Broadway, inside the headquarters of the American ChangLe Association (ACA), a nonprofit with close ties to the Chinese regime.
Safeguard Defenders identified 54 overseas police service stations across five continents, including in cities fromTorontotoDublin.
The total number of such stations is unclear.
There is no complete list of such 110 Overseas police service stations available, the report states. [T]he number is undoubtedly larger and such stations more widespread.
Established in 1998, the ACA is one of the most influential communities for immigrants from Fujian Province in the United States, according to its website.
The ACA cooperated with Fuzhous Public Security Bureau to set up the Fuzhou police service station this year, the associations chairman said in April during an event at the groups office while hosting the deputy Chinese consulate general in New York, Wu Xiaoming, Dongnan Newsreportedat the time. Wu, according to the report, recognized the associations contribution to promoting Sino-U.S. friendship and supporting Chinas peaceful reunification.
The New York community group, as with many purportedly grassroots Chinese organizations, is linked to the Chinese Communist Partys sprawling united front system. That refers to a network of thousands of overseas groups loosely overseen by the United Front Work Department, a powerful Party agency that works to advance the regimes interests abroad, including by carrying out foreign influence operations,suppressing dissident movements, gathering intelligence, and facilitating the transfer of technology to China.
The ACA maintains close ties to the regime and hasbeen praised for its efforts in supporting CCP and its leaders. Photos displayed on its website include acertificate of appreciationfrom the Chinese consulate in New York in 2015. The consulate praised the ACA for playing an active role in organizing overseas Chinese nationals to welcome Chinese leader Xi Jinping when he traveled to New York to attend United Nations meetings at that time.
The groups former president, Zhang Zikuo, in 2019 attended an official ceremony in Beijing to mark the 70th year of CCP rule over China as a representative of overseas Chinese nationals in the United States, according to a 2020reportby the Fuzhou City Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese.
In May 2020, Zhang, then-president of the ACA, attended an online seminar organized by the United Front Department of Fuzhous Changle District, during which they had an in-depth study of the spirit of the two sessions, the report reads. Two sessions refers to annual meetings held by the regimes rubber-stamp legislature and political advisory body.
Ostensibly, the overseas police service stations serve administrative purposes, with many tasks the report said that would be traditionally considered of a consular nature.
For example, the New York stations most popular service was assisting overseas Chinese in renewing drivers licenses without having to return to the country, according to an Augustreportby Dongnan News.The report said that from March 1 to April 27, 36 applications completed an online physical examination at the station and had their drivers licenses renewed.
The stations make overseas Chinese feel the care and love of the motherland, ACA Chairman Lu Jianshun told Dongnan News. The report mentions that Lu also is a staff member at the New York station.
Safeguard Defenders, however, saidsuch 110 overseas have a more sinister goal, as they contribute to resolutely cracking down on all kinds of illegal and criminal activities involving overseas Chinese.Some of the stations have already been implicated in collaborating with Chinese police in carrying out policing operations on foreign soil, the group said.
One example provided in the report was the successful return of a Chinese fugitive surnamed Xia, who was accused of fraud and fled to Serbia.
Read full story here
View original post here:
China Runs Police Outpost In New York City - technocracy.news
- The Art of Totality: Jean Arno Redefines Artistic Creation with Palimpsestic and Polyphonic AI-Based NFTs - EIN News - May 18th, 2023 [May 18th, 2023]
- ChatGPT on Mars: How AI can help scientists study the Red Planet - Space.com - May 18th, 2023 [May 18th, 2023]
- How far-right groups like the Oath Keepers are exploiting climate ... - Grist - May 18th, 2023 [May 18th, 2023]
- Encourage the marginalised to partake in district level elections ... - BusinessGhana - May 18th, 2023 [May 18th, 2023]
- Everything We Know About The Alien TV Series, FX's Small Screen ... - /Film - May 18th, 2023 [May 18th, 2023]
- The First Wave of Applied Transhumanism - Discovery Institute - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- Heres Another Transhumanist Dream Come True - Discovery Institute - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- Google Co-founder Wants to Build AI as a Digital God - Answers In Genesis - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- Hereford candidate warns of 'trans-human revolution' abetted by ... - Hereford Times - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- An Opportunity to Support Aging Research with Gitcoin - Lifespan.io News - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- Silicon Valley Is Bad But ByteDance Is Much Worse - The Federalist - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- What is the relationship between wokeism, Marxism, and liberalism? - Catholic World Report - May 2nd, 2023 [May 2nd, 2023]
- Transhuman - Wikipedia - January 23rd, 2023 [January 23rd, 2023]
- The Transhuman Revolution: What it is and How to Prepare for its Arrival - January 23rd, 2023 [January 23rd, 2023]
- Transgender, transhuman: technological advances offer increased choices ... - January 23rd, 2023 [January 23rd, 2023]
- Transhuman - TV Tropes - January 23rd, 2023 [January 23rd, 2023]
- Transhuman code | A new initiative that highlights the growing ... - January 19th, 2023 [January 19th, 2023]
- Transhumanism: What It Is, and Why It Is So Fundamentally Wrong - January 19th, 2023 [January 19th, 2023]
- Your Fault: A Climate Crisis Weather Nightmare Before Christmas - January 2nd, 2023 [January 2nd, 2023]
- Martine Rothblatt - Wikipedia - November 25th, 2022 [November 25th, 2022]
- Red Pill University | Beyond the Matrix - November 25th, 2022 [November 25th, 2022]
- Trilateral Commission: The secret circle that controls governments - November 23rd, 2022 [November 23rd, 2022]
- Steve Jackson Games Forums - Powered by vBulletin - November 23rd, 2022 [November 23rd, 2022]
- Elon Musk: Here Comes 'Optimus' - technocracy.news - October 28th, 2022 [October 28th, 2022]
- Biden Builds Transhuman Cyborg Army using Immigrants! - October 28th, 2022 [October 28th, 2022]
- What Is Transhumanism? - Human Life International - October 23rd, 2022 [October 23rd, 2022]
- Ageing is a technical problem that can be reversed, Dubai Future Forum told - The National - October 15th, 2022 [October 15th, 2022]
- Ai-Da the robot and the myth of AI - Spiked - October 15th, 2022 [October 15th, 2022]
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam to release a day early in Indian theatres - Ottplay - October 15th, 2022 [October 15th, 2022]
- WISeKey Strengthens its Technology Portfolio Across Cybersecurity, IoT, NFT and the Metaverse ... - Ottumwacourier - August 10th, 2022 [August 10th, 2022]
- Madison writer Meghan O'Gieblyn explores the connection between technology and religion - Isthmus - August 10th, 2022 [August 10th, 2022]
- What Happened to Royce White? Mother Jones - Mother Jones - August 10th, 2022 [August 10th, 2022]
- The "resurrection" of the dead pigs, the promise of progress and the source of questions - - News84Media.com - August 10th, 2022 [August 10th, 2022]
- Letter: Criticism of school district plan misleading | Letters To The Editor | newburyportnews.com - The Daily News of Newburyport - July 27th, 2022 [July 27th, 2022]
- 12 Best Sci-Fi Games On PS4 And PS5 - Tech News Today - July 27th, 2022 [July 27th, 2022]
- Mutants are Coming to the MCU, But Where Does Krakoa Fit In? - Gizmodo - July 27th, 2022 [July 27th, 2022]
- Transhumanism to humankind's rescue? A new book claims we face a 'make or break' century, so let the technological remake begin - Genetic Literacy... - July 27th, 2022 [July 27th, 2022]
- All Posts - Latest News - McAllisterTV - July 9th, 2022 [July 9th, 2022]
- Chile Bans Discrimination Against Mutants and Genetically Altered ... - July 9th, 2022 [July 9th, 2022]
- Biden Proves Soaring Gas Prices Are Intentional To Transition To ... - July 9th, 2022 [July 9th, 2022]
- The Most Powerful Characters In The Boys Ranked - /Film - July 9th, 2022 [July 9th, 2022]
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Just Showcased One Of Its Most Effective Metaphors Yet - /Film - June 20th, 2022 [June 20th, 2022]
- Fear-extinction and the end of self-loathing in the metaverse - TNW - June 20th, 2022 [June 20th, 2022]
- FDA Making COVID Vax Decision Based on a Study of 10 - Verve Times - June 20th, 2022 [June 20th, 2022]
- 2022-05-16 | NDAQ:WKEY | Press Release | WISeKey International Holding AG - Stockhouse - May 21st, 2022 [May 21st, 2022]
- Russian Colonel threatens Elon Musk, says you will be accountable - Euro Weekly News - May 11th, 2022 [May 11th, 2022]
- Venice Biennale 2022: Man's relationship with the planet gets surreal - Euronews - April 25th, 2022 [April 25th, 2022]
- Venice Biennale 2022: the worst art on show in the city - Art Newspaper - April 25th, 2022 [April 25th, 2022]
- Who is Kwan Ha in the Halo show? Here's the character's story - Win.gg - April 11th, 2022 [April 11th, 2022]
- Top 20 Companies That Rule The Web - technocracy.news - March 29th, 2022 [March 29th, 2022]
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre reveal new album is on the way | Gigwise - Gigwise - March 27th, 2022 [March 27th, 2022]
- WEF Global Risks Report 2022 Imagines ... - technocracy.news - February 17th, 2022 [February 17th, 2022]
- Major LGBTQ+ organisations spark international review of the EHRC - Stonewall - February 17th, 2022 [February 17th, 2022]
- Government to set up Military Base in the Afram Plains - GhanaWeb - February 17th, 2022 [February 17th, 2022]
- The platform for a transhuman future: LABORATORY ... - February 7th, 2022 [February 7th, 2022]
- X22Reports: The Storm is Upon Us, Green ... - Before It's News - February 3rd, 2022 [February 3rd, 2022]
- When hateful words arrive at the door - TheRecord.com - February 3rd, 2022 [February 3rd, 2022]
- Alert over killings of human rights defenders and journalists in the Americas in first month of 2022 - Amnesty International - February 3rd, 2022 [February 3rd, 2022]
- The best of Manfred Thierry Mugler's theatrical, otherworldly fashion - i-D - January 28th, 2022 [January 28th, 2022]
- CEO of Pfizer arrested, charged with fraud media ... - January 19th, 2022 [January 19th, 2022]
- Noah Hawley outlines the big themes of his Alien TV show - Winter Is Coming - January 7th, 2022 [January 7th, 2022]
- Matrix Online may have perished in 2009, but it still exists as a ghost - BollyInside - December 19th, 2021 [December 19th, 2021]
- Will artificial intelligence achieve godlike power? Wallace B. Henry asks, Who Will Rule the Coming 'Gods'? - Denison Forum - December 19th, 2021 [December 19th, 2021]
- Vatican Hosts Conference Touching on Transhumanism - December 10th, 2021 [December 10th, 2021]
- WISekeys Founder and CEO Carlos Moreira was Interviewed by - November 28th, 2021 [November 28th, 2021]
- Doctor Issues Dire Warning to the ... - Technocracy News - November 28th, 2021 [November 28th, 2021]
- Vinegar Syndrome Celebrates Black Friday With Secret Title Reveals and 50% Off Most Releases! - Bloody Disgusting - November 27th, 2021 [November 27th, 2021]
- The Horror Movies Coming to Netflix in December Include 'Tremors' and the 'Final Destination' Films - Bloody Disgusting - November 27th, 2021 [November 27th, 2021]
- ECB survey shows euro zone inflation just below goal in 2022 - Yahoo Finance UK - October 30th, 2021 [October 30th, 2021]
- Succession Returns, with no real people involved - WION - October 21st, 2021 [October 21st, 2021]
- Proof That The Vaxxed Are No Longer Human - Luciferian ... - October 3rd, 2021 [October 3rd, 2021]
- RUBY 9100M x adidas Originals Ozrah Release Info | HYPEBEAST - October 3rd, 2021 [October 3rd, 2021]
- Ming-Na Wen & SNLs Keith Ian Raywood Reflect On 9/11 At Creative Arts Emmys: Twenty Years Ago Completely Changed Our Lives - Deadline - September 12th, 2021 [September 12th, 2021]
- Jeff Bezos is reportedly funding Altos Labs, a new anti-ageing venture aiming to cheat death - Screen Shot - September 10th, 2021 [September 10th, 2021]
- 13 Most Extreme Body Modifications - CBS News - July 27th, 2021 [July 27th, 2021]
- Klaus Schwab: Great Reset Will Lead to Implantable ... - July 27th, 2021 [July 27th, 2021]
- Technocrat Millionaire Unlocks Secrets Of The Mind - July 25th, 2021 [July 25th, 2021]
- Crimson Circle > Library - July 25th, 2021 [July 25th, 2021]
- Transhuman | Futurist Transhuman News Blog - June 23rd, 2021 [June 23rd, 2021]
- Transhuman 101: Moderna Declares COVID Vaccine To Be An ... - June 23rd, 2021 [June 23rd, 2021]