The news media has an appetite for the impeachment hearings against President Trump and it appears that many journalists are not attempting to quell that craving. This trend is not lost on voters, who must bear witness to relentless coverage that is often repetitive and loaded with the anti-Trump narrative of the day or strategic buzzwords like collusion and bribery.
It is most interesting to note that 6-out-of-10 voters now agree that the impeachment hearings are more important to the media than to voters. Even 44% of Democrats agree with that. So says a new Politico/Morning Consult poll conducted after the first week of hearings ended.
Yes, well. See more numbers in the Poll du Jour at columns end. Meanwhile, the pollster also finds that public interest in the impeachment proceedings is on the wane.
As investigators look to continue making their case for impeachment to the public, support for the inquiry has ticked down over the past week, notes the poll analysis. Its all a matter of inching down and ticking up or words to that effect.
The survey, which has tracked support and opposition for the inquiry each week, found that support for the investigation inched down 2 percentage points to 48% from 50% while opposition to the inquiry ticked up 3 percentage points to 45% from 42%, the analysis said.
Voter opposition to the impeachment inquiry is at its highest point since Morning Consult and Politico began tracking the issue, says Tyler Sinclair, Morning Consults vice president. A key driver for this shift appears to be independents. Today, 47% of independents oppose the impeachment inquiry, compared to 37% who said the same one week ago.
EXPLAINING DEMOCRATIC EXTREMES
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has a tidy explanation for the endless, inventive but ineffective efforts by some Democrats to impeach President Trump and ultimately remove him from office.
What youre faced with here is a Democratic Party desperately committed to destroying the president. They dont care what the arguments are. They dont care what the facts are. They have an absolute deep, passionate need I would argue a pathological need to try to destroy the president, even if, in the process, they cripple themselves, Mr. Gingrich tells Fox News.
ZOLTAN ISTVAN, TRANSHUMAN CANDIDATE
Is there room for one more in the 2020 presidential race? The Democratic Party more or less launched 24 White House hopefuls. The GOP, of course, has President Trump, plus a few hopefuls who run as Republicans on their own terms.
One of those candidates declared his intent just 24 hours ago: that would be transhumanist Zoltan Istvan whose campaign motto is Upgrading America. For the uninitiated, he believes the nation will improve through radical technology and scientific ideas.
You might know me as a Silicon Valley futurist, a transhumanist advocate, or the Science Candidate. Ive written books on science and technology, hundreds of articles youd find in outlets such as The New York Times, Vice, and Business Insider, and Ive campaigned to end the idea of death, Mr. Istvan says in his 20-point public campaign message, found at Zoltan2020.com.
He is a former writer for National Geographic and a self-described fiscal conservative who worries that China will surpass the U.S. in such areas as artificial intelligence, genetic editing and neural prosthetic development.
Mr. Istvan who lives near San Francisco, is married to a medical doctor and is the father of two ran for president in 2016 as a Transhumanist Party candidate, and for California governor as a Libertarian. This time, campaign manager Pratik Chougule says he is running as a new type of Republican politician who backs universal basic income, free college and believes in licensing parents to ensure they are ready to raise their children.
Mr. Istvan also favors nearly open borders and the use of drones to prevent mass shootings, among other things.
So far, he will appear on the New Hampshire presidential primary ballot, and hopes to increase his public profile. The press has begun to notice.
Meet the cyborg whos running against Donald Trump for president. Zoltan Istvan, a leader of the transhumanist movement to merge humans with technology, is challenging Trump with a plan for America thats beyond radical, notes CNET.com zeroing in on the candidates ideas about abortion.
Within 10 years, I expect artificial wombs to improve to be able to handle fetuses around 16 weeks, which would give many women a third choice. There are 50 million abortions a year. No longer will one have to be pro-choice or pro-life, but one can also say: Id like to give my child up for adoption via an artificial womb, Mr. Istvan told the news organization.
Fox News Channel has enjoyed its highest-rated week of the calendar year and remains No. 1 in the cable realm throughout the day, besting ESPN, Hallmark Channel and other non-news rivals. As it has done for close to 18 consecutive years, Fox News has aced its direct competition, drawing 2.8 million prime-time viewers last week, according to Nielsen Media Research compared to 2 million for MSNBC and 1 million for CNN.
Sean Hannity continues to be the ratings dynamo with an average 4.4 million viewers, followed by Tucker Carlson who attracted 4 million. For those who might wonder, Mr. Hannity has trounced MSNBCs Rachel Maddow Show in total viewers for 36 consecutive weeks.
And of note: ratings for Life, Liberty and Levin with host Mark Levin on Sunday nights have risen by 45% among the much-coveted 25-to-54-year-old demographic, and by 16% among viewers in general according to Nielsen.
POLL DU JOUR
60% of U.S. voters agree that the impeachment inquiry is more important to the media than it is to voters; 78% of Republicans, 61% of independents and 44% of Democrats agree.
29% overall say the impeachment is not more important to the media than it is to voters; 16% of Republicans, 23% of independents and 45% of Democrats agree.
11% overall are undecided about the importance of the hearings; 6% of Republicans, 16% of independents and 11% of Democrats agree.
58% of voters overall are following media coverage of the impeachment inquiry; 57% of Republicans, 49% of independents and 67% of Democrats agree.
41% overall say they are not following the media coverage of the hearings; 42% of Republicans, 51% of independents and 33% of Democrats agree.
Source: A POLITICO / MORNING CONSULT poll of 1,994 REGISTERED U.S. VOTERS conducted NOV. 15-17.
Helpful information to [emailprotected]
- Transhuman - Wikipedia - January 23rd, 2023
- The Transhuman Revolution: What it is and How to Prepare for its Arrival - January 23rd, 2023
- Transgender, transhuman: technological advances offer increased choices ... - January 23rd, 2023
- Transhuman - TV Tropes - January 23rd, 2023
- Transhuman code | A new initiative that highlights the growing ... - January 19th, 2023
- Transhumanism: What It Is, and Why It Is So Fundamentally Wrong - January 19th, 2023
- Your Fault: A Climate Crisis Weather Nightmare Before Christmas - January 2nd, 2023
- Martine Rothblatt - Wikipedia - November 25th, 2022
- Red Pill University | Beyond the Matrix - November 25th, 2022
- China Runs Police Outpost In New York City - technocracy.news - November 23rd, 2022
- Trilateral Commission: The secret circle that controls governments - November 23rd, 2022
- Steve Jackson Games Forums - Powered by vBulletin - November 23rd, 2022
- Elon Musk: Here Comes 'Optimus' - technocracy.news - October 28th, 2022
- Biden Builds Transhuman Cyborg Army using Immigrants! - October 28th, 2022
- What Is Transhumanism? - Human Life International - October 23rd, 2022
- Ageing is a technical problem that can be reversed, Dubai Future Forum told - The National - October 15th, 2022
- Ai-Da the robot and the myth of AI - Spiked - October 15th, 2022
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam to release a day early in Indian theatres - Ottplay - October 15th, 2022
- WISeKey Strengthens its Technology Portfolio Across Cybersecurity, IoT, NFT and the Metaverse ... - Ottumwacourier - August 10th, 2022
- Madison writer Meghan O'Gieblyn explores the connection between technology and religion - Isthmus - August 10th, 2022
- What Happened to Royce White? Mother Jones - Mother Jones - August 10th, 2022
- The "resurrection" of the dead pigs, the promise of progress and the source of questions - - News84Media.com - August 10th, 2022
- Letter: Criticism of school district plan misleading | Letters To The Editor | newburyportnews.com - The Daily News of Newburyport - July 27th, 2022
- 12 Best Sci-Fi Games On PS4 And PS5 - Tech News Today - July 27th, 2022
- Mutants are Coming to the MCU, But Where Does Krakoa Fit In? - Gizmodo - July 27th, 2022
- Transhumanism to humankind's rescue? A new book claims we face a 'make or break' century, so let the technological remake begin - Genetic Literacy... - July 27th, 2022
- All Posts - Latest News - McAllisterTV - July 9th, 2022
- Chile Bans Discrimination Against Mutants and Genetically Altered ... - July 9th, 2022
- Biden Proves Soaring Gas Prices Are Intentional To Transition To ... - July 9th, 2022
- The Most Powerful Characters In The Boys Ranked - /Film - July 9th, 2022
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Just Showcased One Of Its Most Effective Metaphors Yet - /Film - June 20th, 2022
- Fear-extinction and the end of self-loathing in the metaverse - TNW - June 20th, 2022
- FDA Making COVID Vax Decision Based on a Study of 10 - Verve Times - June 20th, 2022
- 2022-05-16 | NDAQ:WKEY | Press Release | WISeKey International Holding AG - Stockhouse - May 21st, 2022
- Russian Colonel threatens Elon Musk, says you will be accountable - Euro Weekly News - May 11th, 2022
- Venice Biennale 2022: Man's relationship with the planet gets surreal - Euronews - April 25th, 2022
- Venice Biennale 2022: the worst art on show in the city - Art Newspaper - April 25th, 2022
- Who is Kwan Ha in the Halo show? Here's the character's story - Win.gg - April 11th, 2022
- Top 20 Companies That Rule The Web - technocracy.news - March 29th, 2022
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre reveal new album is on the way | Gigwise - Gigwise - March 27th, 2022
- WEF Global Risks Report 2022 Imagines ... - technocracy.news - February 17th, 2022
- Major LGBTQ+ organisations spark international review of the EHRC - Stonewall - February 17th, 2022
- Government to set up Military Base in the Afram Plains - GhanaWeb - February 17th, 2022
- The platform for a transhuman future: LABORATORY ... - February 7th, 2022
- X22Reports: The Storm is Upon Us, Green ... - Before It's News - February 3rd, 2022
- When hateful words arrive at the door - TheRecord.com - February 3rd, 2022
- Alert over killings of human rights defenders and journalists in the Americas in first month of 2022 - Amnesty International - February 3rd, 2022
- The best of Manfred Thierry Mugler's theatrical, otherworldly fashion - i-D - January 28th, 2022
- CEO of Pfizer arrested, charged with fraud media ... - January 19th, 2022
- Noah Hawley outlines the big themes of his Alien TV show - Winter Is Coming - January 7th, 2022
- Matrix Online may have perished in 2009, but it still exists as a ghost - BollyInside - December 19th, 2021
- Will artificial intelligence achieve godlike power? Wallace B. Henry asks, Who Will Rule the Coming 'Gods'? - Denison Forum - December 19th, 2021
- Vatican Hosts Conference Touching on Transhumanism - December 10th, 2021
- WISekeys Founder and CEO Carlos Moreira was Interviewed by - November 28th, 2021
- Doctor Issues Dire Warning to the ... - Technocracy News - November 28th, 2021
- Vinegar Syndrome Celebrates Black Friday With Secret Title Reveals and 50% Off Most Releases! - Bloody Disgusting - November 27th, 2021
- The Horror Movies Coming to Netflix in December Include 'Tremors' and the 'Final Destination' Films - Bloody Disgusting - November 27th, 2021
- ECB survey shows euro zone inflation just below goal in 2022 - Yahoo Finance UK - October 30th, 2021
- Succession Returns, with no real people involved - WION - October 21st, 2021
- Proof That The Vaxxed Are No Longer Human - Luciferian ... - October 3rd, 2021
- RUBY 9100M x adidas Originals Ozrah Release Info | HYPEBEAST - October 3rd, 2021
- Ming-Na Wen & SNLs Keith Ian Raywood Reflect On 9/11 At Creative Arts Emmys: Twenty Years Ago Completely Changed Our Lives - Deadline - September 12th, 2021
- Jeff Bezos is reportedly funding Altos Labs, a new anti-ageing venture aiming to cheat death - Screen Shot - September 10th, 2021
- 13 Most Extreme Body Modifications - CBS News - July 27th, 2021
- Klaus Schwab: Great Reset Will Lead to Implantable ... - July 27th, 2021
- Technocrat Millionaire Unlocks Secrets Of The Mind - July 25th, 2021
- Crimson Circle > Library - July 25th, 2021
- Transhuman | Futurist Transhuman News Blog - June 23rd, 2021
- Transhuman 101: Moderna Declares COVID Vaccine To Be An ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Futurist Transhuman News Blog - euvolution.com - June 23rd, 2021
- Coronavirus and the transhuman future - European Academy ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Transhumanism Is The New Religion Of Technocracy - June 23rd, 2021
- Its A Sin Star Lydia West On Walking Her First Major Red Carpet At The TV BAFTAs - British Vogue - June 11th, 2021
- Mother Lands is a tabletop RPG free of slavery and colonialism - Polygon - June 11th, 2021
- Twenty years covering people, politics, and protests - rabble.ca - May 11th, 2021
- Will New COVID Vaccine Make You Transhuman? (You Need to ... - March 21st, 2021
- Will New COVID Vaccine Make You Transhuman? - The Vaccine ... - March 21st, 2021
- El-Rufai: Clerics can negotiate with bandits -- that's not our job - TheCable - March 21st, 2021
- Falana-led Coalition Urges FG to Ban Foreign Armed Herders - THISDAY Newspapers - February 27th, 2021
- Insecurity: Nigeria working towards amendment of ECOWAS Protocols - Guardian - February 25th, 2021